HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3... ugly

Old
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
But anyway this game had the feel of a lost from the get go even after our great first period.
As soon as the Eller penalty happened (which was a ''let's give the NYI a chance to get back in the game'' type call), I had a bad feeling. That period should have been a 3+ goal lead, instead it was only 2 and then they nearly scored in the first few moments of that PP, which gave them life entering the intermission.

We let them hang around and got burned.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Gotta ask.
Are we vulnerable against fast teams ?
Do you consider Toronto and NYI as fast teams ?
They looked fast to me.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Jmac1160*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Nothing worse than a condescending blow hard who has no clue what he's talking about. I don't know what's the bigger joke. Watching Gio at the point or you trying to justify it.
Specially when you have subban and 6 other guys who I would rather at the point.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:06 PM
durojean

Price is has much to blame has everybody it's a team lost and he still let in 4 goal on 25 shots.

I'm not saying he was bad I'm saying he wasn't living up to his standart. It was not his best game. Why are you taking it like an attack when I started by saying he's impressive this year ?

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Boullion led the team in TOI after 2 periods. That is all.
Here's how the final minutes looked for the Habs D tonight.

Diaz - 22:33 TOI
Gorges - 22:21 TOI
Subban - 21:10 TOI
Markov - 20:29 TOI
Bouillon - 19:55 TOI
Emelin - 19:14 TOI

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So... what people say here has an influence on the actual game? Really?

BTW. Days off from practice are mandatory. Teams must have minimum 4 days off a month. They usually have one per week. After having played two back to back games.. I expected them to have off yesterday.

Lets not blame the refs here. It's getting old.
lol you clearly are not understanding the meaning of the word Karma and what it implies.. the whole essense of the word lends it self to the belief in super natural or spiritual force that keeps everything even.. ei.. you get too cocky your gonna fall.. i guess a better word would have been hubris.. the pride that comes before the falls kinda *****... either way you read way too much into that bud.. just was a way of saying ppl shouldnt go around bashing the other team and acting like that when theres 40 mins left to play cause it can quickly change and make you look pretty stupid.. just like .. oh.. i dunno.. say what happened tonight.

and more so it make the rest of us hab fans get grouped in with those who do act like that .. soo sorry if i offended you (which it appears i did by the way you jumped all over my post) but my post was put out with a very light hearted intent..

now i know they need days off but i think an optional skate and let the boys decied if better than reading that "the habs earned a day off" in a tsn article .. but thats my oppinion you dont have to like it.

and last but not least.. reread what i said about the reffing... i stated that i didnt agree with every call or missed call but hey we cant really blame them cause that happens to every team..

... sooo.. lighten up champ

Rozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Yes. It was a 4-on-3. If you know hockey, it's not like a 5-on-4. On a 4-on-3, shots are fired closer.
Gionta has never played the point on the PP, and usually, you put a forward on the point either because he has great creativity or shot and we're lacking some of that from our Defense.
That's not the case here. Gionta has little creativity and his shot isn't that great. Not to mention we have Diaz and PK with good and powerful shots.

Not sure what putting Gionta on the point was about. Never saw that since Gionta signed here.

And for the love of God, can we put the pair that absolutely dominated our PK last year together??? Put PK and Gorges together dammit.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Nothing worse than a condescending blow hard who has no clue what he's talking about. I don't know what's the bigger joke. Watching Gio at the point or you trying to justify it.
Well, explain what's wrong then. I said on a 4-on-3, they are closer and shots are fired closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gionta has never played the point on the PP, and usually, you put a forward on the point either because he has great creativity or shot and we're lacking some of that from our Defense.
That's not the case here. Gionta has little creativity and his shot isn't that great. Not to mention we have Diaz and PK with good and powerful shots.

Not sure what putting Gionta on the point was about. Never saw that since Gionta signed here.

And for the love of God, can we put the pair that absolutely dominated our PK last year together??? Put PK and Gorges together dammit.
The creativity comes from Markov. Shot, well maybe Gionta's shot isn't the best but it's potent enough. Besides, like I said, they play closer on a 4-on-3. Of course, people would want PK in that scenario -- that would ideal but like I said, MT wanted to get Gio going.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

Maybe they're showcasing him?

There's just no other explanation here...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Jmac1160*

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Price is has much to blame has everybody it's a team lost and he still let in 4 goal on 25 shots.

I'm not saying he was bad I'm saying he wasn't living up to his standart. It was not his best game. Why are you taking it like an attack when I started by saying he's impressive this year ?
Not an attack...Sometime when someone says something so off base and pointless that you have to respond with a stern "wtf are you talking about" reaction. You do know goalies have off games right? Still I don't think price had an off game tonight. Why don't you talk about how awful our D was at times tonight? Or how lethargic we were in the 3rd and just gave the game away? Go ahead blame price

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
drewbloodfins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Markov was terrible today but claiming it's a matter of effort...really?
Yes I am.

drewbloodfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Stan

Not the end of the world. Price was solid enough to win. The team played poorly in front of him. The coaching staff under utilized subban and IMO the third and fourth lines. We lost our forecheck. Diaz shouldn't be playing 22+ minutes a game.

Overall, we stopped playing our game. It happens after a five game winning streak

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
mt's bouillon and gionta (yes homo) love must end
Regarding Bouillon... you are chatting about his PP TOI right? If that's what you meant, I agree but, overall, it was another strong game for Bouillon.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Eller performing quite well isn't an opinion I'm ready to side with. He lost most of his face offs and was mostly invisible the hole game. It wasn't a great game for him, quite average imho.
I remember when White took a penalty and the Sabres scored a goal to pull within one. And we ended up losing that game.

Everyone was ready to send White to the ECHL.

Fast forward to tonight. Eller takes a dumb ass penalty and the Isles score to pull within one goal.

Where is the same reaction?

Eller played a very poor game tonight. He continues to act like he does not know what to do with the puck when it arrives on his stick. On several occasions, he passed the puck to a Hab who was either covered by an Islander defender or a rushed/poorly placed pass. The worst was on our PP. The other was when he and Prust had a chance on an odd man rush. Eller had the puck with no one on him and he makes a pass to Prust who was covered........end of rush.

And Eller has become boss on icing the puck. Great technique.

Now that I got that out of the way, hell, we got a point tonight. Winning streaks have to end some time. And what better team to "lose" to than a team that is struggling to finish the season, much less fight for a playoff spot.

Go Habs Go. Cant win them all and I will take the point and move on.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 344
What an end to a game after one of the best first periods I have seen...

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
The creativity comes from Markov. Shot, well maybe Gionta's shot isn't the best but it's potent enough. Besides, like I said, they play closer on a 4-on-3. Of course, people would want PK in that scenario -- that would ideal but like I said, MT wanted to get Gio going.
It's not because Markov is our QB that only he has creativity. It comes from every player. Just on the MaxPac goal, see how PK took the puck at the point, got closer, and instead of shooting he passed it down low to DD who then gave it to MaxPac. See, creativity.
His shot isn't that great and this year it hasn't been working well. Meanwhile we have a guy that has a bullet of a shot, who already proved he can snipe it on the PP.
It's ******** to put Gionta there.

And trying to get Gionta going doesn't happen when you have a chance to pick up the lead at the end of the 3rd. Now's not the time.

It's just a dumb strategy. Stop trying to defend it.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Not an attack...Sometime when someone says something so off base and pointless that you have to respond with a stern "wtf are you talking about" reaction. You do know goalies have off games right? Still I don't think price had an off game tonight. Why don't you talk about how awful our D was at times tonight? Or how lethargic we were in the 3rd and just gave the game away? Go ahead blame price
This game was setup for a lost and it is true that there are a lot of other failure in this game.

We needed him to shut the door in the third and we knew the defence would have lapses. We needed the goalie to stand out particularly in this game because of the trap it represented in itself.

Let's just say he played like his defense tonight.

He wasn't bad... He was just ok and tonight we needed him to be more.

But we are still 1st in the east and he's still playing good this year. The team is impressive as is.

Let's hope for a win saturday. Go Habs Go !

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Whatch out. He's going to question your hockey IQ.
Pretty ironic that you're mad considering your own initial reply to my comment. Talk about blow hard condescendance...

Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Maybe they're showcasing him?

There's just no other explanation here...
Well, there's always the possibility that they want 3 forwards. Problem is they're picking the wrong 3 forwards.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Maelpj*

PK have to be on the first PP wave. Emelin should get some time on the PP too before Bouillon ( who is playing well, but doesn't have a place on the PP ).

The come back of Gallagher, who was no doubt 1 of the top 5 foward this year for the Habs is gonna do us some good

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Jsweenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Price sure does love leaving one side of the net always open.
It's hard to expect your goalie to stop the second pass into a scoring zone. I wouldn't put the whole loss on price, but he'll be better next game

Jsweenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Habs

Therrien's logic is so absurd at times, I can see his line decisions costing this team huge games.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
It's not because Markov is our QB that only he has creativity. It comes from every player. Just on the MaxPac goal, see how PK took the puck at the point, got closer, and instead of shooting he passed it down low to DD who then gave it to MaxPac. See, creativity.
His shot isn't that great and this year it hasn't been working well. Meanwhile we have a guy that has a bullet of a shot, who already proved he can snipe it on the PP.
It's ******** to put Gionta there.

And trying to get Gionta going doesn't happen when you have a chance to pick up the lead at the end of the 3rd. Now's not the time.

It's just a dumb strategy. Stop trying to defend it.
I'm not even defending the move. If you look in the GDT, I was even shocked. I only try to give the rationale behind the coach's decision. It obvious there are better players for that situation. But putting Gio there was to give him a chance to meet success. This type of move happens with every coach -- give chances to the struggling veteran.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbloodfins View Post
Yes I am.
If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think that it's effort and not the fact that he's old and broken down?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:43 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Capitaine Diaz.
Nah I don't like him that much. That would be a good suggestion for HawkeyeCB.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote