HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3... ugly

Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
WakeUpNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Gotta ask.
Are we vulnerable against fast teams ?
Do you consider Toronto and NYI as fast teams ?
They looked fast to me.
It's not so much the speed but the physicality of the incoming forwards. The Habs D is too small and collapses instead of standing up at the incoming forward pressure ... Diaz, Markov, Georges and Bouillon cannot handle the bigger forwards along the boards and in front of the net.
We need some push back from our Dman. Until our D gets bigger this team will get nowhere .

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Kjell Dahlin

So... 1st in the East?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
So... 1st in the East?
One loss in 6 games, trade everyone.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Bob Cole

If Michel Therrien keeps it up, Pk is gonna ask for a trade sooner or later. Grow the **** up Michel.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
If Michel Therrien keeps it up, Pk is gonna ask for a trade sooner or later. Grow the **** up Michel.
Loved how everytimes he was touching the puck the crowd was cheering for him.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:27 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Just got back from the game... A few thoughts.

-Fourth line was great, White especially.
-Third period was a disaster. Most players ran out of gas and for some reason, Therrien refused to give more minutes to those who obviously still had a jump in their step (Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller)
-Speaking of Subban, he needs to play more. I don't understand why Therrien uses him the way he does... The crowd loves him so much. Each time he touched the puck, the place went crazy.
-Price wasn't at his best either.
-Something is up with Markov. He struggled quite a bit out there tonight, especially on the PP.
-Desharnais and Pacioretty have improved over the last few games... Same can't be said for Cole. He gives up on plays way too often.
-Way, way, WAAAAY too many icings. What the ****?

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but the crowd in that section is pathetic. Most of them don't even pay attention to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 02-22-2013 at 12:12 AM.
PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Still can't believe Pacioretty missed that open net. Damn it.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:42 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
As a collective barring a couple guys the team got down on their knees and blew this game like a cheap $2.00 hooker.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:46 PM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
It's not so much the speed but the physicality of the incoming forwards. The Habs D is too small and collapses instead of standing up at the incoming forward pressure ... Diaz, Markov, Georges and Bouillon cannot handle the bigger forwards along the boards and in front of the net.
We need some push back from our Dman. Until our D gets bigger this team will get nowhere .
It's not about size. It's about having options and not screwing up. They were blowing passes and creating turnovers out of a lack of accuracy and focus, as well as poor decision making, and/or not having decent options from the rest of the team, not because of size.

Now you're gonna tell me these retarded icings were because they're too small?

Last edited by McNuts: 02-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.
McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

-Third period was a disaster. Most players ran out of gas and for some reason, Therrien refused to give more minutes to those who obviously still had a jump in their step (Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller)
-Speaking of Subban, he needs to play more. I don't understand why Therrien uses him the way he does... The crowd loves him so much. Each time he touched the puck, the place went crazy.
-Something is up with Markov. He struggled quite a bit out there tonight, especially on the PP.
-Desharnais and Pacioretty have improved over the last few games... Same can't be said for Cole. He gives up on plays way too often.

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but crowd in that section is pathetic. Most don't pay to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.
Tha was amazing, bet it give him a tons of energy.

Those are pretty much all the conclusion I've made for this game.

I would had the obvious: Gionta is useless, and is far far away from the player he was with NJ. the new Gomez 2.0

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Andrei79

I think Tavares is my favorite player in the league. Well, it's Crosby, but Tavares doesn't have that unfair genetic advantage.

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but crowd in that section is pathetic. Most don't pay to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.
I think most of the people in that section are just there for the free food.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:54 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
yeah I know, pretty sure PK rather come back to the way things were last season.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:08 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

BS penalties to Eller and Desharnais...2 islanders goals.

PK has to be better than that, but seriously how were EITHER of those penalties?

Edit: Also wanted to add that even the islanders announcers admitted that one play SHOULD have been a penalty shot(or at the very least a penalty) early in the second on the islanders.

Is the blame on the officials? No, not entirely but they did do everything in their power to shift it in favour of the islanders.

1 pt to the habs, 1 to the islanders 1 to the refs.

Last edited by MoobMoob: 02-22-2013 at 04:24 AM.
MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
This team looked gassed. Toons of games over the last 10 days.
They really did. This fanbase is so ruthless. First place in the East and coming off a 5 game win streak, yet many here still rake them over the coals. Have some perspective for once.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:08 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Nah I don't like him that much. That would be a good suggestion for HawkeyeCB.
nah man, natey should get capitaine desharnais

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
They really did. This fanbase is so ruthless. First place in the East and coming off a 5 game win streak, yet many here still rake them over the coals. Have some perspective for once.
A lot of people have a lot of agendas to push. Hard to do that during winning streaks.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
I'm not even defending the move. If you look in the GDT, I was even shocked. I only try to give the rationale behind the coach's decision. It obvious there are better players for that situation. But putting Gio there was to give him a chance to meet success. This type of move happens with every coach -- give chances to the struggling veteran.
There isn't always a rationale behind a move.
It makes zero sense to put Gionta there to give him a chance, especially when he wasn't that great to begin with during that game.
Apparently they did the same thing a few games ago but it was Bourque there.
So clearly it's just a strategy to have 3 forwards. It's just a bad move when you have a booming shot on the bench.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:17 AM
dcyhabs

Depressing game but they dominated most of the game. A few weak bits in the 3rd and horrible PK. They need a better PK guy. And less Markov on the PK. Maybe Subban Gorges for the first wave? Diaz Markov for the second?

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:28 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
A lot of people have a lot of agendas to push. Hard to do that during winning streaks.
hmmm... you articulate what i've been thinking for years but couldn't find the words for it. thank you for that.

habs fans are terribad people, except for whiskeyseven, he's pretty

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Depressing game but they dominated most of the game. A few weak bits in the 3rd and horrible PK. They need a better PK guy. And less Markov on the PK. Maybe Subban Gorges for the first wave? Diaz Markov for the second?
Diaz isn't any better on the pk. He's the one who slide over to cover the incoming dman who Moen had covered already and left Moulson wide open for his 2nd goal.

Pk needs Hal Gill !

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:00 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Not a great effort by a lot of guys and Price wasn't at his best but gotta give credit to the Islanders for not quitting and Nabokov played well in the first to keep it only a two goal game.

Annoying when we lose to see guys like Diaz get **** on after one bad game even though he's been great all year, the team can't bring their "A" game every single game and these types of games will always happen. I'm more concerned how we respond in our next game and expect the team to bounce back.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Pricef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
One loss in 6 games, trade everyone.
So True, the sky is falling! Fire the coach and GM now.

Pricef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think the boys got lulled to sleep after the dominating 1st period. Then they played on their heels to protect the lead(see Buffalo and TB 3rd periods). PK wasn't very good, you can't leave Moulson alone in the slot like that...but the officiating was pretty bad. They call White on a BS goalie interference where he gets cross checked into the goalie by Finley. Prust gets hauled down on a breakaway...no call. Cole gets BLATANTLY hooked from behind...no call. Bad case of "scoreboard officiating" was a big help to the Islanders.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:41 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
nah man, natey should get capitaine desharnais
Except my favourite Hab is Gorges.....

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote