HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Senators 2/21/13 - Miller Light

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Hit the net, it's your friend 42 40.00%
Beaver Turnover 20 19.05%
Marian Gaborik 7 6.67%
Ryan Callahan 30 28.57%
Derek Stepan 4 3.81%
Carl Hagelin 34 32.38%
JT Miller 1 0.95%
Chris Kreider 7 6.67%
Henrik Lundqvist 38 36.19%
Martin Biron 9 8.57%
Brandon Mashinter 2 1.90%
Stu Bickel 7 6.67%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.95%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.90%
Michael Del Zotto 2 1.90%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 23 21.90%
Jeff Halpern 11 10.48%
Taylor Pyatt 1 0.95%
Brian Late Penalty 22 20.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I agree, why is McDonagh not on the Power Play???
I think a better question is why the hell is Girardi on the PP when we have Stralman?

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:56 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why was Richards the fourth shooter?

He should go after Biron tries the shootout.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! I don't hate Richards THAT much but holy crap LOL

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:58 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I sprained an ankle when I was 11. I'm 21 and it still hurts from time to time. That's no joke.
You're just WEAK! Weaker then Richards on the puck, in the corners and anywhere else you can find him. (I kid). No but seriously let's geta high pick this y-...oh sh**

Old
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

6 points out of 1st in the division/conference with a game in hand.

Fire Torts.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I think a better question is why the hell is Girardi on the PP when we have Stralman?
Agreed.

I LOVE Girardi. IMO, I think he is our best overall defense man (I know I'm probably one of the few, but I think Girardi is what being a defense man is all about).

But the PP should have Del Zotto, Stralman, McDonagh and... a forward playing the point (Nash, Richards, etc.).

That's my opinion.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:03 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post

Fire Torts.

Do you watch the games? Has this team shown you any reason to think they are a legitimate contender?

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:

Fire Torts.

Continue ignoring the fact that the team is playing like mutated lizard ****.

02-22-2013, 12:07 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:

Fire Torts.

I have to agree with the others a little more on this one this team especially offensively would seem to be trending more away from that 1st spot. Though it is important to note we are not in the tank or anything and are close.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Screw this team. Until Torts s fired and Gaborik, Richards, and Boyle are run out of town, I'm not wasting any more time on them.
See ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Do you watch the games? Has this team shown you any reason to think they are a legitimate contender?
Yes, I do. All of them.
And yes, they have. When it's clicking, we're one of the best in the league. Right now, it's not clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Continue ignoring the fact that the team is playing like mutated lizard ****.
Hyperbole, but you're not wrong. Not good enough. This is a team that isn't playing well, much different from a bad team.

The over-reactions around here are just mind boggling though.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Please. The team is a hot streak away from home ice territory, and then everyone will be saying "Bring it on NHL!"

I concede that it hasn't been good enough, but don't you dare tell me you don't see the potential in this team.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Please. The team is a hot streak away from home ice territory, and then everyone will be saying "Bring it on NHL!"

I concede that it hasn't been good enough, but don't you dare tell me you don't see the potential in this team.
We were playing great when we were all healthy.

Nash, Powe, and Asham come back and its a different story.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

do people expect this team to win every game this season, or never have a bad stretch of games like every team does at some point... i mean we had a lockout, no camp, guys playing in bumble**** with different sized ice, different systems, and different coaches, not to mention veteran players like gaborik and richards who didnt have a camp to prepare themselves for a season. look around the league **** like this is happening to EVERY team, similar to richards veteran guys arent playing up to expectations. This team is not the blackhawks with talent up and down the lineup and our players are only human, guys are going to play like **** for a few games and having the lockout only made it worse on some guys, case and point richards. This team was slated to do big things this year, and this seasons far from over were 6 points out of first place.

when this team and its players find their grove they will play better hockey and show they are a legit threat, in my mind theres no denying that but some people are so damn short sighted its sickening.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

The biggest problem is that this team is completely inept offensively. That has been a constant under Torts. Missing open nets, can't complete passes, flubbing the puck, never even attempting one timers, taking fifty years to shoot. Watching some of the other teams in the league is like watching a different sport.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:

I really don't. I see a Brad Richards whose legs are shot and a Marian Gaborik that is inconsistent and always had been. I see a defense that hasn't been playing well going back to last March. I see a bottom 6 that has been poor all year and lost the one player bringing them energy to a concussion/ The only guy I see really turning around his sub-par play is Lundqvist because he's done it so many times before. The powerplay literally is the worst I've ever seen and is only getting worse by the day. I really don't see where this potential is. This team will go as far as Nash drags the offense.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Please put McDonagh on the PP. He has so much offensive potential, it just makes no sense to me. Put him up top with Stralman. If Girardi HAS to get PP time, put him with Del Zotto

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agreed.

I LOVE Girardi. IMO, I think he is our best overall defense man (I know I'm probably one of the few, but I think Girardi is what being a defense man is all about).

But the PP should have Del Zotto, Stralman, McDonagh and... a forward playing the point (Nash, Richards, etc.).

That's my opinion.
I want Stralman and McDonagh to get more powerplay time too, but Girardi's shot is harder (even though maybe not as accurate) than their shots. Everyone talks about the need for a triggerman, well Torts is doing the best with what he has.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:23 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
do people expect this team to win every game this season, or never have a bad stretch of games like every team does at some point... i mean we had a lockout, no camp, guys playing in bumble**** with different sized ice, different systems, and different coaches, not to mention veteran players like gaborik and richards who didnt have a camp to prepare themselves for a season. look around the league **** like this is happening to EVERY team, similar to richards veteran guys arent playing up to expectations. This team is not the blackhawks with talent up and down the lineup and our players are only human, guys are going to play like **** for a few games and having the lockout only made it worse on some guys, case and point richards. This team was slated to do big things this year, and this seasons far from over were 6 points out of first place.

when this team and its players find their grove they will play better hockey and show they are a legit threat, in my mind theres no denying that but some people are so damn short sighted its sickening.
I like your attitude, and basically I am usually like that too. Many years of practice on that level.
It is not always a case of being short-sighted, but more a situation where a person recognizes failings, and hopes that the team can rectify them. It's going to be a tough road to the playoffs, best to get things working.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
I want Stralman and McDonagh to get more powerplay time too, but Girardi's shot is harder (even though maybe not as accurate) than their shots. Everyone talks about the need for a triggerman, well Torts is doing the best with what he has.
It doesn't matter about his shot, Girardi is a DREADFUL decision maker on the PP.

I will say this, you cannot have two QB's on the point. You need at least one guy whose primary asset is his shot. Stahlman or Staal should be manning one of the points.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agreed.

That's my opinion.
Being a defenseman is about falling down and letting an opposing player come scott free at your goaltender?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:29 AM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
It doesn't matter about his shot, Girardi is a DREADFUL decision maker on the PP.
Oh I agree , I'm just trying to rationalize Torts' uses of his players. I wouldn't mind trying out Stralman and McDonagh on the first pp unit and a platoon of Richards, Del Zotto, Staal, and Girardi on the second. Hopefully some competition for our pointmen will motivate them to play better because I know they can .

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Any word on MDZ?

02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I like your attitude, and basically I am usually like that too. Many years of practice on that level.
It is not always a case of being short-sighted, but more a situation where a person recognizes failings, and hopes that the team can rectify them. It's going to be a tough road to the playoffs, best to get things working.
agreed but people around here are not looking forward to how this team can play when everyone is healthy and guys are clicking, all i hear is buy out richards, trade gaborik and fire torts. nobody seams to understand the effect of guys sitting home on their couches waiting for the call that hockey is back on, or the fact that theres alot of new faces on this team that are still assimilating and trying to find chemistry.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 123
I watched him all game long and I saw Richards make one pass and that one pass wasn't even a tough one. I've been quiet about him but I think I've had enough. Where is the elite passing ability? Every time I see him try to pass, it's just awful. There are so many guys on this team who can complete a pass better than he can right now. I'm starting to join the Richards buyout camp, which I never thought would happen.

Those Ottawa announcers, wow. The Rangers couldn't skate 2 feet without the one guy commenting on how they should have gotten a penalty. According to what I heard, we should have had at least 75-100 minor penalties and a major, while the Sens did no wrong at all. When they showed the replay of Kreider getting tripped into Anderson, he said "I don't know how to call that play". Yeah, of course you don't, because it wasn't a penalty. Then he says "that little Kreider, he's falling down all over the place", as if that made it possible that he planned to smash into Anderson. Just about as bad as the Pens team.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
SnowblindNYR

Don't want to go through a million pages and for some reason there hasn't been a thread on this. Is DZ all right?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:33 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
agreed but people around here are not looking forward to how this team can play when everyone is healthy and guys are clicking, all i hear is buy out richards, trade gaborik and fire torts. nobody seams to understand the effect of guys sitting home on their couches waiting for the call that hockey is back on, or the fact that theres alot of new faces on this team that are still assimilating and trying to find chemistry.
I'm not there yet, but I do have an open mind

Nope, my feeling is that this team's collection of players should work. They just have to get their crap together and not embarrass themselves out there, as they do quite often.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote