HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Senators 2/21/13 - Miller Light

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Hit the net, it's your friend 42 40.00%
Beaver Turnover 20 19.05%
Marian Gaborik 7 6.67%
Ryan Callahan 30 28.57%
Derek Stepan 4 3.81%
Carl Hagelin 34 32.38%
JT Miller 1 0.95%
Chris Kreider 7 6.67%
Henrik Lundqvist 38 36.19%
Martin Biron 9 8.57%
Brandon Mashinter 2 1.90%
Stu Bickel 7 6.67%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.95%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.90%
Michael Del Zotto 2 1.90%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 23 21.90%
Jeff Halpern 11 10.48%
Taylor Pyatt 1 0.95%
Brian Late Penalty 22 20.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
  #301
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I agree, why is McDonagh not on the Power Play???
I think a better question is why the hell is Girardi on the PP when we have Stralman?

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:56 PM
  #302
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why was Richards the fourth shooter?

He should go after Biron tries the shootout.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! I don't hate Richards THAT much but holy crap LOL

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:58 PM
  #303
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I sprained an ankle when I was 11. I'm 21 and it still hurts from time to time. That's no joke.
You're just WEAK! Weaker then Richards on the puck, in the corners and anywhere else you can find him. (I kid). No but seriously let's geta high pick this y-...oh sh**

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM
  #304
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
6 points out of 1st in the division/conference with a game in hand.

Fire Torts.


Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
  #305
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I think a better question is why the hell is Girardi on the PP when we have Stralman?
Agreed.

I LOVE Girardi. IMO, I think he is our best overall defense man (I know I'm probably one of the few, but I think Girardi is what being a defense man is all about).

But the PP should have Del Zotto, Stralman, McDonagh and... a forward playing the point (Nash, Richards, etc.).

That's my opinion.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:03 AM
  #306
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
6 points out of 1st in the division/conference with a game in hand.

Fire Torts.

Do you watch the games? Has this team shown you any reason to think they are a legitimate contender?

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:04 AM
  #307
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
6 points out of 1st in the division/conference with a game in hand.

Fire Torts.

Continue ignoring the fact that the team is playing like mutated lizard ****.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:07 AM
  #308
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
6 points out of 1st in the division/conference with a game in hand.

Fire Torts.

I have to agree with the others a little more on this one this team especially offensively would seem to be trending more away from that 1st spot. Though it is important to note we are not in the tank or anything and are close.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:07 AM
  #309
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Screw this team. Until Torts s fired and Gaborik, Richards, and Boyle are run out of town, I'm not wasting any more time on them.
See ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Do you watch the games? Has this team shown you any reason to think they are a legitimate contender?
Yes, I do. All of them.
And yes, they have. When it's clicking, we're one of the best in the league. Right now, it's not clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Continue ignoring the fact that the team is playing like mutated lizard ****.
Hyperbole, but you're not wrong. Not good enough. This is a team that isn't playing well, much different from a bad team.

The over-reactions around here are just mind boggling though.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
  #310
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Please. The team is a hot streak away from home ice territory, and then everyone will be saying "Bring it on NHL!"

I concede that it hasn't been good enough, but don't you dare tell me you don't see the potential in this team.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:16 AM
  #311
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Please. The team is a hot streak away from home ice territory, and then everyone will be saying "Bring it on NHL!"

I concede that it hasn't been good enough, but don't you dare tell me you don't see the potential in this team.
We were playing great when we were all healthy.

Nash, Powe, and Asham come back and its a different story.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
  #312
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
do people expect this team to win every game this season, or never have a bad stretch of games like every team does at some point... i mean we had a lockout, no camp, guys playing in bumble**** with different sized ice, different systems, and different coaches, not to mention veteran players like gaborik and richards who didnt have a camp to prepare themselves for a season. look around the league **** like this is happening to EVERY team, similar to richards veteran guys arent playing up to expectations. This team is not the blackhawks with talent up and down the lineup and our players are only human, guys are going to play like **** for a few games and having the lockout only made it worse on some guys, case and point richards. This team was slated to do big things this year, and this seasons far from over were 6 points out of first place.

when this team and its players find their grove they will play better hockey and show they are a legit threat, in my mind theres no denying that but some people are so damn short sighted its sickening.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
  #313
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
The biggest problem is that this team is completely inept offensively. That has been a constant under Torts. Missing open nets, can't complete passes, flubbing the puck, never even attempting one timers, taking fifty years to shoot. Watching some of the other teams in the league is like watching a different sport.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #314
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Please. The team is a hot streak away from home ice territory, and then everyone will be saying "Bring it on NHL!"

I concede that it hasn't been good enough, but don't you dare tell me you don't see the potential in this team.
I really don't. I see a Brad Richards whose legs are shot and a Marian Gaborik that is inconsistent and always had been. I see a defense that hasn't been playing well going back to last March. I see a bottom 6 that has been poor all year and lost the one player bringing them energy to a concussion/ The only guy I see really turning around his sub-par play is Lundqvist because he's done it so many times before. The powerplay literally is the worst I've ever seen and is only getting worse by the day. I really don't see where this potential is. This team will go as far as Nash drags the offense.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #315
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 69
Please put McDonagh on the PP. He has so much offensive potential, it just makes no sense to me. Put him up top with Stralman. If Girardi HAS to get PP time, put him with Del Zotto

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #316
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agreed.

I LOVE Girardi. IMO, I think he is our best overall defense man (I know I'm probably one of the few, but I think Girardi is what being a defense man is all about).

But the PP should have Del Zotto, Stralman, McDonagh and... a forward playing the point (Nash, Richards, etc.).

That's my opinion.
I want Stralman and McDonagh to get more powerplay time too, but Girardi's shot is harder (even though maybe not as accurate) than their shots. Everyone talks about the need for a triggerman, well Torts is doing the best with what he has.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:23 AM
  #317
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
do people expect this team to win every game this season, or never have a bad stretch of games like every team does at some point... i mean we had a lockout, no camp, guys playing in bumble**** with different sized ice, different systems, and different coaches, not to mention veteran players like gaborik and richards who didnt have a camp to prepare themselves for a season. look around the league **** like this is happening to EVERY team, similar to richards veteran guys arent playing up to expectations. This team is not the blackhawks with talent up and down the lineup and our players are only human, guys are going to play like **** for a few games and having the lockout only made it worse on some guys, case and point richards. This team was slated to do big things this year, and this seasons far from over were 6 points out of first place.

when this team and its players find their grove they will play better hockey and show they are a legit threat, in my mind theres no denying that but some people are so damn short sighted its sickening.
I like your attitude, and basically I am usually like that too. Many years of practice on that level.
It is not always a case of being short-sighted, but more a situation where a person recognizes failings, and hopes that the team can rectify them. It's going to be a tough road to the playoffs, best to get things working.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
  #318
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
I want Stralman and McDonagh to get more powerplay time too, but Girardi's shot is harder (even though maybe not as accurate) than their shots. Everyone talks about the need for a triggerman, well Torts is doing the best with what he has.
It doesn't matter about his shot, Girardi is a DREADFUL decision maker on the PP.

I will say this, you cannot have two QB's on the point. You need at least one guy whose primary asset is his shot. Stahlman or Staal should be manning one of the points.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
  #319
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agreed.

I LOVE Girardi. IMO, I think he is our best overall defense man (I know I'm probably one of the few, but I think Girardi is what being a defense man is all about).

But the PP should have Del Zotto, Stralman, McDonagh and... a forward playing the point (Nash, Richards, etc.).

That's my opinion.
Being a defenseman is about falling down and letting an opposing player come scott free at your goaltender?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:29 AM
  #320
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
It doesn't matter about his shot, Girardi is a DREADFUL decision maker on the PP.
Oh I agree , I'm just trying to rationalize Torts' uses of his players. I wouldn't mind trying out Stralman and McDonagh on the first pp unit and a platoon of Richards, Del Zotto, Staal, and Girardi on the second. Hopefully some competition for our pointmen will motivate them to play better because I know they can .

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
  #321
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,977
vCash: 50
Any word on MDZ?

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
  #322
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I like your attitude, and basically I am usually like that too. Many years of practice on that level.
It is not always a case of being short-sighted, but more a situation where a person recognizes failings, and hopes that the team can rectify them. It's going to be a tough road to the playoffs, best to get things working.
agreed but people around here are not looking forward to how this team can play when everyone is healthy and guys are clicking, all i hear is buy out richards, trade gaborik and fire torts. nobody seams to understand the effect of guys sitting home on their couches waiting for the call that hockey is back on, or the fact that theres alot of new faces on this team that are still assimilating and trying to find chemistry.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  #323
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 123
I watched him all game long and I saw Richards make one pass and that one pass wasn't even a tough one. I've been quiet about him but I think I've had enough. Where is the elite passing ability? Every time I see him try to pass, it's just awful. There are so many guys on this team who can complete a pass better than he can right now. I'm starting to join the Richards buyout camp, which I never thought would happen.

Those Ottawa announcers, wow. The Rangers couldn't skate 2 feet without the one guy commenting on how they should have gotten a penalty. According to what I heard, we should have had at least 75-100 minor penalties and a major, while the Sens did no wrong at all. When they showed the replay of Kreider getting tripped into Anderson, he said "I don't know how to call that play". Yeah, of course you don't, because it wasn't a penalty. Then he says "that little Kreider, he's falling down all over the place", as if that made it possible that he planned to smash into Anderson. Just about as bad as the Pens team.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  #324
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,602
vCash: 500
Don't want to go through a million pages and for some reason there hasn't been a thread on this. Is DZ all right?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:33 AM
  #325
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
agreed but people around here are not looking forward to how this team can play when everyone is healthy and guys are clicking, all i hear is buy out richards, trade gaborik and fire torts. nobody seams to understand the effect of guys sitting home on their couches waiting for the call that hockey is back on, or the fact that theres alot of new faces on this team that are still assimilating and trying to find chemistry.
I'm not there yet, but I do have an open mind

Nope, my feeling is that this team's collection of players should work. They just have to get their crap together and not embarrass themselves out there, as they do quite often.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.