HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1: Producing offense like a trap team in an offensive system

Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakin1 View Post
There are many problems with this team, but Tambo needs to address lack of offense from the D. The fact that J.Shultz is the only d-man with a goal this season pretty much paints the picture. Not only that, I don't remember any other d-man getting in a position for a prime scoring chance.

I know Lubo asked for a trade before, but if there is any chance he might be willing to come to EDM, that should be explored.
Why would he?

GreatMcKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
GrandLarseny
Klingberg Stan

What a sad outing... and Hall might get suspended too. Great stuff. . I dislike Clutterbuck, but I hope he's okay.

GrandLarseny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec
See for yourself. Knee on knee 1st contact, THEN hip on hip. Suspension coming. RT @PeteSudbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6GRyHaPYB4A
Spector is guaranteeing a Hall suspension. I'll bet that it's a harsh one too. I mean, we can never have enough despair in Oilers land.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Team sucks, lottery bound. Everybody seems to be regressing and Hall is an idiot.
Cool Rebuild.
Doen't watch replay makes assumptions. Was not a knee on knee he was going for a hip check.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
LOL

Best moment of TPB. And yeah, that bottle looks awful tasty right now...

Terrible hockey game from a terribly built team. Thanks, TambLowe.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Spector is guaranteeing a Hall suspension. I'll bet that it's a harsh one too. I mean, we can never have enough despair in Oilers land.
If it was the other way around there wouldn't even be a fine.

GreatMcKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 2516

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
So how many goals were entirely on Nick Schultz? Only 2, or all of them?
Naw most people still insist this guy is a great shut down Dman. He's freaking terrible and other than blocking some shots he does nothing well.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onetweasy

Well this team has mastered the art of terrible hockey! Going into to 3rd who actually gave this team a hope in hell of winning.

I think we are stuck with this **** show for this year but this summer some big changes need to be made!

Hemmer and gags need to be moved as they are the only movable pieces. Tambo being fired would be nice.....

Need a big 2 way 2nd line centre. There is just no way around it....

onetweasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterD
5-14-6-1

Unfortunately, I'm already beyond frustration with this team. Same ****, just different year. Must be time for somebody to get an extension.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TopCookie

There's always next year

TopCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Dumb Dumb play by Hall, not clean at all. Only homers would think that's a clean hit. He totally did that out of frustration and anybody who thinks that Clutterbuck deserves this needs to get their head checked.
I'll report for my headcheck asap.
The hit was late and predatory but it was not particularly dirty and it wasn't a knee.
Clutterbuck is the first guy to take that hit when the opportunity presents itself - especially if its on a guy like Hall.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. No sympathy.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetaOil1993

Brutal hockey game as usual , Dumb play by Hall, Stupid pinch by N. Schultz on Cullen's second goal. Eberle has invisible AGAIN... This team is so frustrating.....

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
General warning to other teams fans. If you come in this thread please be cognizant of which sub-forum your in. Any attempts, veiled or otherwise, at trolling or personal attacks will not be tolerated. Consider this your final warning.
If posters of other teams have an issue with the Hall hit there are other forums to air your opinion/anger on such as your own board or the main board. This is NOT the venue to air your anger as it will only end up in infractions. A lot of crap had to be deleted from the GDT already anymore work = infractions.

OILFAN #81

This team is absolute garbage. There is no accountability at all in this organization. Going to be 7 straight years of missing the playoffs, 4 straight years at the bottom or very near the bottom of the league, and they aren't even improving ffs. Defense is AHL level, and the offense can't click. It's absolutely embarassing. If we were improving after the last 3 years finishing 30, 30, 29 then okay I get it. But this team looks as bad as it did a few years ago.

What is there even to look forward to???? Another high pick? Woopdy freaking do, then they will finish last again and again. Get some accountability already! Fire the entire management as step 1 and cut loose all the players that don't do a thing. Frustrated not just by tonight, but over the last few years in general. A rebuild is one thing but a rebuild shouldn't last a decade. Pathetic. Us fans deserve better.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OiledUp

Our worst game of the season. Real bad.

Maybe time for some of that accountability to hit Jordan Eberle. He's an utter mess out there.

One thing I find odd is that MPS had a couple of games when he seemed to be getting his **** together and finding some confidence but since then his TOI and opportunities has gone way down. At the same time Harti has slowly been playing worse and worse but he gets promoted to the 2nd line and gets PP time. What's that all about? Reversed psychology from Krueger?

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Angelus*

Hall is probably going to get suspended but not a double-digit one like the Vancouver and Toronto fans are calling for on the main board. Those two are frantically posting in the Hall thread like maniacal girl scouts trying to make quota.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
Hall needs to throw more hits like that, I really like it.
PVR super slow mo shows first point of contact is hip on hip......but clutter bucks leg whips through after.....

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jbean

Debrusk went on and on about how Hall's hit was clean. I thought it was filthy.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterD
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetweasy View Post
Well this team has mastered the art of terrible hockey! Going into to 3rd who actually gave this team a hope in hell of winning.

I think we are stuck with this **** show for this year but this summer some big changes need to be made!

Hemmer and gags need to be moved as they are the only movable pieces. Tambo being fired would be nice.....

Need a big 2 way 2nd line centre. There is just no way around it....
If Tambellini is in charge, the only change will be adding another lottery pick to the roster.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

1/4 of the season done and what, 13th place?

[butthead] The more things change, the more they suck [/butthead]

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
orangeshinpads
Katz isa manipulator

Sure I'd rather win the game, but Hall showed some anger and spirit. Maybe he's trying to send a message to his own team. I haven't seen that from an Oiler for a while other than how Hall tries to do it with his play most games. Going a little Messier crazy could be good for business. The only caveat is that I don't hope Clutterbuck is seriously injured - of course.

orangeshinpads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It was a suspect hit for sure. I also don't feel the least bit bad about it. First of all Clutterbuck is a guy that has run around his whole career, sooner or later you will pay the price and second of all the Oilers as a team have had their ass kicked for 10 years and the powers that be would never let a useless expendable tough guy do something like that so one of our young guys has to do it himself.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Angelus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
This team is absolute garbage. There is no accountability at all in this organization. Going to be 7 straight years of missing the playoffs, 4 straight years at the bottom or very near the bottom of the league, and they aren't even improving ffs. Defense is AHL level, and the offense can't click. It's absolutely embarassing. If we were improving after the last 3 years finishing 30, 30, 29 then okay I get it. But this team looks as bad as it did a few years ago.

What is there even to look forward to???? Another high pick? Woopdy freaking do, then they will finish last again and again. Get some accountability already! Fire the entire management as step 1 and cut loose all the players that don't do a thing. Frustrated not just by tonight, but over the last few years in general. A rebuild is one thing but a rebuild shouldn't last a decade. Pathetic. Us fans deserve better.
Exactly how I feel.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Doen't watch replay makes assumptions. Was not a knee on knee he was going for a hip check.
I never said that it was a knee on knee. I'm saying that it was dumb, reckless and borderline dirty done what looked to be out of frustration.
If one of the Oilers got hit like that, you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

McCupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote