HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1: Producing offense like a trap team in an offensive system

Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Patch101

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Are we the new Columbus ? ugh ...

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Spawn

I'm at the point that I would trade this entire team, Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle etc. for an expansion team. If it mean we could also get rid of the management and coaching staff.

The scariest thing about all of this is that when Steve Tambellini does finally get fired after this season (about 2 years too late) we are going to see Craig MacTavish be named the new GM.

What an embarrassment this team is. This is as bad or worse as last year. They've lost 8 of their last 10.

13th in the conference and as close to last as we are to 8th. Can't wait for the weeks of discussion about MacKinnon vs Barkov and how they are going to step in next year and make this team better.

Man **** this team.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
This team doesn't even deserve my time anymore. I don't even know why I watch. We will NEVER be a playoff team with tambellini as GM and Kreuger as coach. This isn't the ****ing swiss national team

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
Even Columbus can score more than one goal a game.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Byakin1

We'll hear from Tambo soon enough. Just before the NHL entry draft.

Byakin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
This is just. Depressing.

So ****ing depressing. Dallas and Colorado looked like a turning point. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
Unfortunately, I'm already beyond frustration with this team. Same ****, just different year. Must be time for somebody to get an extension.
It's not quite the same. Each year presents the same problems and challenges but we also develop new issues. Defensive issues... sure but this team's lack of scoring is incomprehensible.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan87

If every game was like this I'd seriously rather watch basketball than this ****. Not only do we lose all the time but there is basically zero entertainment every game this season.

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakin1 View Post
We'll hear from Tambo soon enough. Just before the NHL entry draft.
We hear this same shi* every year. Oh they will make changes at the trade deadline, oh they willmake changes at free agency, oh they will make changes at the draft.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

I'm not sure if Hall gets suspended, I figured that Olver would and he didn't. That said regardless of the point of contact it was a little late. IMO it looked like he was going more for a hip check but he didn't turn in time. It is what it is if he's suspended the game goes on and we likely lose more games.

oilers4cup
No More Koolade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Exactly

oilers4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:20 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

That wasn't a knee on knee hit Cooke or Marchment style, not even close.

2 games max

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
We wish, this franchise is even lower. At least we're better than the 1976 Capitals.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Clean hit. Shouldn't have even been a penalty on the play as puck was close to Clutterbuck and Hall couldn't stop his forward momentum.

Too bad Clutterbuck is hurt but too bad Hall got a penalty as well as it was unwarranted.

Announcers are full of crap and only are seeing what they want to... they say he threw out his knee... but it's obvious it was a hip check Hall was going for. Clean hit.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:21 PM
orangeshinpads
Katz isa manipulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I never said that it was a knee on knee. I'm saying that it was dumb, reckless and borderline dirty done what looked to be out of frustration.
If one of the Oilers got hit like that, you guys would be screaming bloody murder.
The only thing that was might be dumb about it is that it was away from the puck (although I thought Clutter might have kicked it beforehand - I could be wrong). There's nothing wrong with hitting hard with the hip.

orangeshinpads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Byakin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
We hear this same shi* every year. Oh they will make changes at the trade deadline, oh they willmake changes at free agency, oh they will make changes at the draft.
This was meant to convey that nothing will get done. He'll just go on an auto-pilot mode and step onto the podium with another top-5 pick again.

Byakin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'm at the point that I would trade this entire team, Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle etc. for an expansion team. If it mean we could also get rid of the management and coaching staff.

The scariest thing about all of this is that when Steve Tambellini does finally get fired after this season (about 2 years too late) we are going to see Craig MacTavish be named the new GM.

What an embarrassment this team is. This is as bad or worse as last year. They've lost 8 of their last 10.

13th in the conference and as close to last as we are to 8th. Can't wait for the weeks of discussion about MacKinnon vs Barkov and how they are going to step in next year and make this team better.

Man **** this team.
I'm a proponent of the rebuild, but ffs how hard is it to start filling in some holes and diversifying player types? Enough is enough, it's time for Tambo and co. to get the ball rolling.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's not quite the same. Each year presents the same problems and challenges but we also develop new issues. Defensive issues... sure but this team's lack of scoring is incomprehensible.
They are teaching the kids to be 'defensively responsible' thus we never have a 3 man rush, there is always one guy back so dep he can't get into the play. A lot of these young players look thorughly confused, Eberle and RNh lead the way.

As a few of us said that the time, Kruger was a stupid hire. What was worse is keeping the worst batch of assistants in the league around and worse yet was Kruger saying how he could go to mact for advice instead of hiring a new assistant to replace him.

Season all but over before the half way mark .....again,.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Seriously is this team ever going to start winning?? Same old **** year after year, Eager was probably the best player tonight, No one showed up again.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
ZenOil
Russian Pride

A lack of heart. A lack of muscle. Lots of cutesy poo passes. This years Oilers. Man these games are so soft, Elvis Stojko has more grit than any of our top six.

ZenOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakin1 View Post
This was meant to convey that nothing will get done. He'll just go on an auto-pilot mode and step onto the podium with another top-5 pick again.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to beak at you particulary but good old Bobby Stauffer for about the 4th yeat in a row said something to that affect the other day.....this next summer is going to be a big one for Tambo!

Old
TopCookie

Switch the top 2 lines up.
Hemsky- RNH - Eberle
Hall(hopefully no suspension)- Gagner- Yakupov

Change can be good sometimes

TopCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'm not sure if Hall gets suspended, I figured that Olver would and he didn't. That said regardless of the point of contact it was a little late. IMO it looked like he was going more for a hip check but he didn't turn in time. It is what it is if he's suspended the game goes on and we likely lose more games.
There's too much chatter amongst media types on Twitter tonight about the Hall hit. He's getting suspended and it might be a few games.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
I don't get how they can say its a knee on knee.. It was clearly his hip. Hall submarined him. I say 2 maybe 3 games if even a suspension.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:25 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
There's too much chatter amongst media types on Twitter tonight about the Hall hit. He's getting suspended and it might be a few games.
That's garbage. Wild players have done that to us for years and they never got jack for it.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote