HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What shoes to get for ball hockey on smooth concrete?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
UnitedBallHockey

vCash: 500
These shoes seem amazing.

UnitedBallHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:40 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedBallHockey View Post
I just bought a very similar pair of shoes for ball hockey:

I was using a pair of Nike running shoes before..and I was slipping, rolling my ankles and having my feet slashed from errant sticks. In two uses thus far I have found that these basketball shoes have great grip, amazing ankle support and a much harder material that withstand slashes to the foot.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Loyal2TheOil

Everyone is going to have different opinions based on what is most important to them. I have been playing ball hockey for 8 years and have tried basketball shoes (nikes), running shoes (asics and saucony) and now I'm using an indoor court shoe. I have a pair of mizuno wave lightning and to date they are the best shoe I've ever used for ball hockey. I find they provide a good deal of lateral support, are rigid in the heel to lock it in place and provide lots of support and cushioning. also, I believe the sole has gum rubber but it provides a lot of traction and I have never slipped in these shoes. here are a few different varieties http://www.sportchek.ca/family/index...goryId=3744634

Last edited by Loyal2TheOil: 03-17-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: forgot to post the link
Loyal2TheOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I use zig techs. I'm going to try indoor soccer shoes.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
tfong

If you guys are playing at NSD or a similar arena, use court shoes with the yellow soles on the bottom.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
neksys

I would recommend squash/racquetball shoes.

They aren't very durable over the long term, but they are super sticky and are specifically designed for a ton of movement and sudden shifts on a slippery surface.

neksys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
TheBossman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2TheOil View Post
Everyone is going to have different opinions based on what is most important to them. I have been playing ball hockey for 8 years and have tried basketball shoes (nikes), running shoes (asics and saucony) and now I'm using an indoor court shoe. I have a pair of mizuno wave lightning and to date they are the best shoe I've ever used for ball hockey. I find they provide a good deal of lateral support, are rigid in the heel to lock it in place and provide lots of support and cushioning. also, I believe the sole has gum rubber but it provides a lot of traction and I have never slipped in these shoes. here are a few different varieties http://www.sportchek.ca/family/index...goryId=3744634
I've been playing ball hockey for approx. 20 years now and I started using the Mizuno Wave lightning series about 4 years ago and will never switch to another shoe. These are by far the best shoes for ball hockey. I have converted a number of teammates to these and they are amazed by these shoes.

TheBossman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:05 PM
howeaboutthat

I played ball hockey competitively for a few years before I learnt to skate and I always used, and throughly recommend, Addias Sambas. They need to be the ones designed for soccer rather than the fashion ones.

They are fairly light but are also tough and are designed for the frantic stop/start of five-a-side soccer.

I know they can be a bit difficult to get in NA though as I my brother who lives in Michigan often asks me to send pairs home for him when his wear out (he uses them for soccer).

howeaboutthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 11:03 AM
UnitedBallHockey

I would NEVER play ball hockey in soccer shoes, you're asking for your knees to go before you get close to old. Brutal. Zig Techs are also crap.

I'll definitely have to try the mizuno wave lightning, these look great.

I actually use Salomon XR Mission. They are by far the best shoes i've ever used due to the heel structure and outer support along with cushioning and low center of support (you don't want to be too high). - Link Here

I've heard a lot of great stuff about the NewBalance 871's as well.
Link Here

UnitedBallHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 12:13 PM
malton

any of the asics court shoes work well

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
TheOtherScott

The guys I play with are typically in runners/cross-trainers or indoor soccer shoes.

TheOtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 01:18 AM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Treat the bottom of your shoes with coke, or suntan lotion.

Let it dry and Voila!

Been doing it for years in ball hockey.

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Thesensation19

Maybe, maybe maybe... the best sneakers for ball hockey might be the crossfit sneakers.

Those arent for long distances, but are made for quick sprints and high intensity movement and flexible.

They even are a bit more protected around the toes I heard. I never owned but my cousin said he loves them. He got them for his work outs though and not for hockey but he wears them a lot.

He got them for like $120... so pretty expensive for just ball hockey. but those r probably the best

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 12:38 PM
OrangeBlue10

I use running shoes and on the bench put water on the bottom or hairspray for grip

OrangeBlue10 is offline   Reply With Quote