HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does A. Kostitsyn compare to Zetterberg?

Old
07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Papa_Bear_21

vCash: 500
How does A. Kostitsyn compare to Zetterberg?

I was just wondering how Ak compared to Zetterberg skill wise. I know that Zetterberg had a lot more success in Europe before coming over, however are their styles comparable?

Thanks

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
kostitsyn fan

a kostitsyn have way more fire power, he's a lot bigger, i dont think that he's as shifty... Idont see any comparaison zetterberg is a ^^finesse ^^ player but both have huge stick handlick skill, a kostitsyn could become a ^^soft^^ power forward but not zetterberg...
i think it's like doing a comparaison between havlat and hossa...

kostitsyn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 09:58 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
I was just wondering how Ak compared to Zetterberg skill wise. I know that Zetterberg had a lot more success in Europe before coming over, however are their styles comparable?

Thanks
Not sure what you're trying to compare exactly but I would say that Kotitsyn is closer to Marian Hossa as far as the "type" of player he is. Whether he'll be half as successful is another question altogether but they do play a similar type of game.

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogins scouter View Post
a kostitsyn have way more fire power, he's a lot bigger, i dont think that he's as shifty... Idont see any comparaison zetterberg is a ^^finesse ^^ player but both have huge stick handlick skill, a kostitsyn could become a ^^soft^^ power forward but not zetterberg...
i think it's like doing a comparaison between havlat and hossa...
Exactly Hossa, but without his same speed...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Exactly Hossa, but without his same speed...
Not the same speed?

Kost is faster than Hossa at the same age imo. The sens have excellent skating coachs. Maybe Hossa was faster without the puck, but with the puck Kost is really something to see. Its like he doesnt loose any speed.

Marian Hossa is really the big point of reference for Kost, Zetterberg is all finesse, but hes not scared outhere.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Habsaku

Zetterberg and Hossa are both worlds ahead of Kostitsyn in every way imaginable, thats how they are comparable. I would trade Kostitsyn for Zetterberg in a heartbeat and without even thinking about it.

Zetterberg is a much smarter player with better vision and easily the same skill level. He's also a player who's very responsible in his own zone which cant be said at all about Kostitsyn.

Kostitsyn compares to guys like Zherdev, Vanek and those types of offense first young players not with the Elias, Zetterbergs and Hossas of this league.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:05 AM
cats_n_dogs

I have watched Kots for two years in Hamilton. He shows flashes here and there but isn't consistant. No comparison to Zet at least not yet.

cats_n_dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_n_dogs View Post
I have watched Kots for two years in Hamilton. He shows flashes here and there but isn't consistant. No comparison to Zet at least not yet.
Zetterberg is a great player but a late bloomer. Hopefully Kots will bloom. Call me nuts but in the games Ive seen Kots he reminds me a little of Bobby Hull. If he ever gains confidence and played with a playmaker watch out. He will need a Stan Mikita .

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:27 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku View Post
Zetterberg and Hossa are both worlds ahead of Kostitsyn in every way imaginable, thats how they are comparable.
Of course, they are fully developped. We're just saying Kost is a young Marian Hossa.

Look at the NHL progression, I feel it could be the same, 30 pts in the first year...

http://www.nhl.com/players/8466148.html

Old
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Of course, they are fully developped. We're just saying Kost is a young Marian Hossa.

Look at the NHL progression, I feel it could be the same, 30 pts in the first year...

http://www.nhl.com/players/8466148.html
Notice his age that season and the season after. While Kostitsyn is not getting 20 goals, Hossa was getting 29 in the NHL. I could see how Kostitsyn might put up similar goal totals, he neither has the speed, the strength, the intensity or the two way play of a Hossa. He's got a better shot and stickhandling, but it pretty much ends there.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:37 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku View Post
Notice his age that season and the season after. While Kostitsyn is not getting 20 goals, Hossa was getting 29 in the NHL. I could see how Kostitsyn might put up similar goal totals, he neither has the speed, the strength, the intensity or the two way play of a Hossa. He's got a better shot and stickhandling, but it pretty much ends there.
I disagree with the speed(Its too hard to say before Kost gets a chance, he hasnt prove hes slower or that hes as fast either.)
I disagree with the strenght(compare 21 year old Hossa, not todays..)
The intensity, hmm well Hossa is streaky as well and invisible come playoff time. Well have to see about that.

Hossa would still be in the AHL like Kost if he had been drafted by the habs, so dont look at the age, it doesnt mean anything. Kost could have done a 30 goals season last year with more risk taking when he was drafted, thats just not the habs and therefore they really never get an early bloomer since they dont even try.

To be an early bloomer with the habs your name must be Sidney Crosby...and maybe another year in the Q...why not hey?

Last edited by SOLR: 07-14-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old
07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
BORAT

Kostitsyn is basically a PAtrick Elias clone ( if you go by many scouting report )

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Beakermania*

Why can't Kosty, just be Kosty, why does everyone have to label prospects as saying he plays a game like such and such.

Why cant we just say great skater, decent moves, amazing shot and release, better defensively than when drafted but still needs work, could go into corners and dig a little more often (only seems to when he wants to, ie big games), etc.. and not label that as a certain NHL guy.

There are always differences, hes like player x except hes better at this but worse at something else,

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

He reminds me a little bit of Markus Naslund.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post

Thanks
Its like comparing Keith Gretzky to Wayne.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:15 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Its like comparing Keith Gretzky to Wayne.
Sorry but I cant help to lol,

Anyway im done talking about kost before training camp.

Old
07-14-2006, 12:15 PM
ti-vite

Will Kost play in the NHL this season ?

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:16 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Will Kost play in the NHL this season ?
Surely, how much is what we dont know.

Old
07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
maniac

way way to early to tell i mean for all we know kos and perz could end up being busts lol

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I disagree with the speed(Its too hard to say before Kost gets a chance, he hasnt prove hes slower or that hes as fast either.)
I disagree with the strenght(compare 21 year old Hossa, not todays..)
The intensity, hmm well Hossa is streaky as well and invisible come playoff time. Well have to see about that.

Hossa would still be in the AHL like Kost if he had been drafted by the habs, so dont look at the age, it doesnt mean anything. Kost could have done a 30 goals season last year with more risk taking when he was drafted, thats just not the habs and therefore they really never get an early bloomer since they dont even try.

To be an early bloomer with the habs your name must be Sidney Crosby...and maybe another year in the Q...why not hey?
I say bullocks. Marian Hossa was already posting 75 pts in the NHL at 21 years old, and he was THAT much more ready than Andrei Kostitsyn, no question about it.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
ludger

No comparison to be made, Kost is still a minor leaguer, although my son who is 3 shows some similarity to Rocket Richard. This statement is as ridiculous as asking to compare Kost to Zetterberg

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

No comparaison at all to be made, I havent seen anything spectacular from Kastitsyn yet.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Teufelsdreck

AK has yet to prove he belongs on the Habs as a first or second line player. Let's not take it for granted.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:44 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
I say bullocks. Marian Hossa was already posting 75 pts in the NHL at 21 years old, and he was THAT much more ready than Andrei Kostitsyn, no question about it.
How do you know how many pts Kost would have scored in the NHL last year with a regular 2nd line spot? Of what I have seen in the same numbers as Hossa, keep comparing "the results" instead of "the players" all you want, they are not in the same organization. When Kostitsyn was dominating a couple of games this year he had won his spot, but instead he was sent to Hamilton, nice for the motivation. Any other team would have instantly make place for him knowing his upside, he was that good. If you didnt watch those 2 games, maybe you dont grasp how good he is/was.( The last 2 of his 2nd call back of about 6-7 games I think, he was progressing every night)

Hossa was bring in and tutored by the sens while having a garanteed spot in the NHL. I think we are saying the same thing here, but some dont reconize what im trying to say.

The Montreal Canadiens are in the lowest tier when it comes to developt first class prospect. There, its out there.

When you understand that fact then maybe we can have an argument. The AHL is not what Andrei needs to become a player like Hossa, every scout on planet hockey knows that.

I hope they finally learn and get agressive with Lats, but I doubt it.

Boston
Philadelphia
Ottawa

All teams with habits of being agressive with high potential prospect integration. The results...

Did Hossa was more advanced at the same age? yes
Do they have similar upside? yes
Are they in radically different organization? yes

Montreal always gambles the development of a player like that is as long as it takes for the players to score 60 pts as a calder candidate at 23 years old.(Ryder, Higgins)(Ok for Higgins, there was the lockout so it was a perfect development environment for players of that year.)

Old
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
AK has yet to prove he belongs on the Habs as a first or second line player. Let's not take it for granted.
How can someone prove something when hes not tried! I dont want to be harsh here, I just dont see any logic in the "no-prove mongering" when the logic attribute isnt even try=1. Btw, im not defending or a big fan of AK, Im just against some of the processes used by the habs with high quality, on a mementum, prospects. We should be more agressive and be able to take calculated risks with prospects, like we do over trades, UFA and other decision making.