HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Another facepalm moment by our local sports reporter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 07:49 PM
  #1
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,226
vCash: 500
Another facepalm moment by our local sports reporter

While showing Jordan Nolan's day with the cup, Liz Habib of fox11 news says "Each player of the defending National Champion LA Kings gets to spend a entire day with the Stanley Cup"

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  #2
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
The L.A. media, excluding Fox Sports West, Primetime & the L.A. Times, should just stop doing anything hockey related.....period.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
  #3
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
While showing Jordan Nolan's day with the cup, Liz Habib of fox11 news says "Each player of the defending National Champion LA Kings gets to spend a entire day with the Stanley Cup"
Technically, they are national champs. Of two nations.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
  #4
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
I am pro Liz Habib. Without her, the legend of Brad Doty would have never happened

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
  #5
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
I fail to see a major problem with this. It would be something if they said American, but saying National, when it is the National Hockey League is technically correct. It is oddly worded, but still fine.

Now if they said he had taken it to Sacramento I'd have a bigger issue.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
  #6
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,272
vCash: 500
another LA media-type head in sand

On Valentines day, Chris Erskine of the LAT did a list of 99 things that "are still good about sports."

He had ONE item for hockey: the guillotine sounds of NHL skates.

There was one combo: the thwaaaak of a well-hit anything (baseball, golf ball, puck)

That's it; no mention of the Kings, but several Dodger references, and he even called out the Packers and Steelers.

39 items had to do with baseball. I am very surprised there's no homage to the LA-media-worshipped Lakers... He must have had a recent bad experience at Staples.

Erskine's pieces are so simplistic and juvenile, he could be writing for the OC Register.

U.S. women's soccer. Really?.. gtfooh!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
  #7
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I am pro Liz Habib. Without her, the legend of Brad Doty would have never happened
Looked up her picture on the internet. I think I can be pro Liz Habib.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
  #8
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I am pro Liz Habib. Without her, the legend of Brad Doty would have never happened
He's our best D-man. Doughty's got competition.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
  #9
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,292
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Looked up her picture on the internet. I think I can be pro Liz Habib.
That's the same thing the guy who hired her said.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
  #10
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Liz Habib LOL, what a f'ing clown.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:21 PM
  #11
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,473
vCash: 500
While she's a dumbass when it comes to hockey, at least we don't call the Stanley Cup champs, "World champs." It's really arrogant to refer to the Super Bowl and NBA champs as World champions.


Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 02-21-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
  #12
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
While she's a dumbass when it comes to hockey, at least we don't call the Stanley Cup champs, "World champs." It's really arrogant to refer to the Super Bowl and NBA champs as World champions.
However when the kings won I felt on top of the world.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
  #13
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I fail to see a major problem with this. It would be something if they said American, but saying National, when it is the National Hockey League is technically correct. It is oddly worded, but still fine.

Now if they said he had taken it to Sacramento I'd have a bigger issue.
Well, if you had seen the entire piece, you'd
have just shook your head. She started the segment off by saying TODAY was Nolan's day with the Stanley Cup , showing him with his family on his parents farm in Canada or wherever, [how she didnt figure out that it was impossible during the season is beyond me] then afterwards trying to cover up her mistake and failing miserably.It only got worse after that.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:30 PM
  #14
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Well, if you had seen the entire piece, you'd
have just shook your head. She started the segment off by saying TODAY was Nolan's day with the Stanley Cup , showing him with his family on his parents farm in Canada or wherever, [how she didnt figure out that it was impossible during the season is beyond me] then afterwards trying to cover up her mistake and failing miserably.It only got worse after that.
What made her think that that was the day Nolan was spending time with the Cup?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
  #15
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
then afterwards trying to cover up her mistake and failing miserably.It only got worse after that.
That is what she is best at!


https://twitter.com/LizHabib/statuse...43478599675905


Quote:
Follow

Liz Habib
‏@LizHabib
@gcbean

"You're right! I know! I deserve that-I am a Kings fan-I have a Gretzsky jersey- I never get Doughty's name right-it's DOUBT-Y!!"

"@LizHabib: @gcbean Who is Gretzsky?



Liz Habib
‏@LizHabib
@JustDuncan fine. GRETZKY. Tough crowd.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
  #16
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,473
vCash: 500
I love how she only had an excuse for mispronouncing Doughty, but didn't explain why she said Brad instead of Drew.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
  #17
DocWest
Knee Specialist
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
I love how she only had an excuse for mispronouncing Doughty, but didn't explain why she said Brad instead of Drew.
Can't blame here on that one. Brad and Drew sound so similar.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 AM
  #18
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
What made her think that that was the day Nolan was spending time with the Cup?
I have no idea other than that was the first time she's heard of the tradition and saw the footage.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:47 AM
  #19
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 500
not as bad a Fred Rogan asking Luc what it was like to finally win a Stanley Cup

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
  #20
MSRinkRat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice430 View Post
not as bad a Fred Rogan asking Luc what it was like to finally win a Stanley Cup
This. Please post!

MSRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
  #21
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
This. Please post!
Malice430 did post it. In fact, you quoted it.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
  #22
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
I think she is asking for this

http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/video/...c-9cf8ef577cbc

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.