Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Maybe if he scores GWG,it would be somwthing like Clayton stones the *insert team name here*
HAHAHA

Imagine if he ever scores a hatty, the NHL headline would be something like "Too Stoned To Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah it's awesome with people that have names to remember.

My personal all time favourite name is the Italian "Angelo della Morte" (Angel of death) - now that would be an awesome hockey name, though an american gynocologist named Harry Beaver is also quite something!
As a dane you really love the fact of an american scientist called Carl Smart.....
This is pure gold, PURE GOLD I tell ya

Old
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
BalticWarrior

Heres one : Jack Skille http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9217
If only his last name matched his abilities

Old
02-21-2013, 01:18 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
HAHA, Jack Skille has JACK SKILLS!

Old
02-21-2013, 01:19 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
HAHA, Jack Skille has JACK SKILLS!
exactly The funny thing is he was drafted in first round 7TH(!!) overall,what a bust,it`s a shame with a name like that

Old
02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Justinov

Quote:
yeah he is pressed by his name to perform!

Others I have encountered:
A spider expert named "Web" and a volcanologist named "Chimney".......
then another dane special Anders Sand (say it aloud if you dont get it at first).

Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
exactly The funny thing is he was drafted in first round 7TH(!!) overall,what a bust,it`s a shame with a name like that
It's fun going thru the different draft years to see who panned out, and who didn't

Old
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
yeah he is pressed by his name to perform!

Others I have encountered:
A spider expert named "Web" and a volcanologist named "Chimney".......
then another dane special Anders Sand (say it aloud if you dont get it at first).
Imagine the horror he has gone thru! I bet ya, he has heard this ALL his life.. Poor guy

Old
02-21-2013, 01:26 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
It's fun going thru the different draft years to see who panned out, and who didn't
Yeah,but theres a pattern as years go by teams get better and better at drafting(in first round atleast) understandable as all these different things like scouting etc has improved by quite a margin.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Yeah,but theres a pattern as years go by teams get better and better at drafting(in first round atleast) understandable as all these different things like scouting etc has improved by quite a margin.
A good example being the Oilers

Old
02-21-2013, 01:30 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
A good example being the Oilers
Yakupov,RNH,Eberle.. i would say if they get a #1 Goalie and a good defenseman,they should be stacked and at the very least in play-offs.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Yakupov,RNH,Eberle.. i would say if they get a #1 Goalie and a good defenseman,they should be stacked and at the very least in play-offs.
+ Gagner, Hall, Pääjärvi! If they can keep on to these guys too see them mature fully, we are looking at a future SC contender for sure!

Old
02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Bank

Even though it led to a good nights fun I'm gonna have to go full reversal on the Regin-playing-thing... He's not in the line-up.

Morning skating lines is usually a great indicator of the line-up but after playing on the fourth line Regin went on the play as a fourth pair with Lundin later on in that practice. So the Danish-Latvian-alliance is going to have to wait a bit

Old
02-22-2013, 12:43 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Im sorry but what a ****** Danish year...

Regin - didn't play

No Hansen

Larsen - Only - player on the Stars against Vancouver

Frans Nielsen - Scored but once again a - player

Eller - not much okay I guess, he was +1 I think and 1 shot, but looks like he was thrown between 3rd and 4th line..

This is getting tiresome...

Old
02-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Justinov

Quote:

Regin - didn't play

No Hansen

Eller - not much okay I guess, he was +1 I think and 1 shot, but looks like he was thrown between 3rd and 4th line..

This is getting tiresome...
Yeah it's not any danish blowout season yet that is for sure. At least it wasn't a no point night, because we have had quite a few of those! But it's not really bad either (except right now for the Regin situation).

But the Frans Nielsen goal is really good....he gets the puck from the Montreal player behind his own goal, then goes around it and finds Bailey with a long pass then continues up the ice receives it back from Bailey and find the net with a shot!
This goal has a beautiful simplicity - no fancy stuff just good passing and right positioning.
Regin didn't play, but for the latvians Daugavins scored in the shootout (as 7'th shooter) and secured an Ottawa victory. Doesn't count as a point in the NHL though.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:45 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Yeah it's not any danish blowout season yet that is for sure. At least it wasn't a no point night, because we have had quite a few of those! But it's not really bad either (except right now for the Regin situation).

But the Frans Nielsen goal is really good....he gets the puck from the Montreal player behind his own goal, then goes around it and finds Bailey with a long pass then continues up the ice receives it back from Bailey and find the net with a shot!
This goal has a beautiful simplicity - no fancy stuff just good passing and right positioning.
Regin didn't play, but for the latvians Daugavins scored in the shootout (as 7'th shooter) and secured an Ottawa victory. Doesn't count as a point in the NHL though.
Ahh it's just my opinion..

I think it is bad..

Eller is still only trusted with 3rd 4th line minutes.. and I don't know how long he can keep up appearences as he had a bad game yesterday.

Larsen playing much less than last year, allot of minus games and no offensive contribution.

Regin once again injured and out for a long time, when healthy not exactly booming in TOI.

Frans Nielsen, yeah he has an ok amount of points, but so did he lst year and the year before.. Back then he also had a respectable +- rating.. Not the case today!

Hansen is doing good, he has been really good, and im not just saying this because im a nuck. But he has found his niche, and has stuck to it.

Boedker - he is my biggest ? PHO fans say he is the best every night but he is still lacking in points.. They all seem to think he 1. Does not shoot enough and 2. is too fast and good for his teammates.

I like Pho, but I would love to see Boedker unweil his real potential on an offensive superteam!

So to me, it is really not looking great..

Couple that with the fact that Andersen's road to NHL is looking more narrow by the day!

And the abysmal performance at OGQ.

I am dissapointed, and reserve the right to be so, before certain people come stompin and yelling about people being to negative

Old
02-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Bank

Arg c'mon on now VikingNucks We have four guys at or around 0,5 ppg. One of them despite being on the fourth line the most of the year.

Frans Nielsens' ppg is higher. Jannik Hansens' is at roughly the same and his gpg is slightly higher. Lars Ellers' ppg is higher. Boedkers gpg is higher. Regin has been plagued by injuries and has pr. expectations done well. Only disappointment IMO is Philip Larsen. Not enough to make it a bad year already.

I think you're focusing on the bad stuff.

Quote:
One night doesn't make a year

Quote:
Regin - didn't play
Well not due shoulder or lack of quality... so no biggie.

Quote:
No Hansen
Due to a one game suspension. Hardly anything that ruins a season.

Quote:

What else would they be but a player? Not sure I'm getting this right. Nice goal by Nielsen btw.

Quote:
Well despite being on the lower lines he has 7 points in 15 games. That's great. Look at the bright side

Old
02-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Bank

Quote:
Ahh it's just my opinion..

And the abysmal performance at OGQ.
... Ah well that if it's in that perspective that do indeed cast a dark shadow over this year.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:15 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Arg c'mon on now VikingNucks We have four guys at or around 0,5 ppg. One of them despite being on the fourth line the most of the year.

Frans Nielsens' ppg is higher. Jannik Hansens' is at roughly the same and his gpg is slightly higher. Lars Ellers' ppg is higher. Boedkers gpg is higher. Regin has been plagued by injuries and has pr. expectations done well. Only disappointment IMO is Philip Larsen. Not enough to make it a bad year already.

I think you're focusing on the bad stuff.

One night doesn't make a year

Well not due shoulder or lack of quality... so no biggie.

Due to a one game suspension. Hardly anything that ruins a season.

What else would they be but a player? Not sure I'm getting this right. Nice goal by Nielsen btw.

Well despite being on the lower lines he has 7 points in 15 games. That's great. Look at the bright side
Quote:
... Ah well that if it's in that perspective that do indeed cast a dark shadow over this year.

Haha im harsh I know, but that's how I see it..

It's a mix of players underperforming on key areas and teams some of them not really getting a chance.

Regin not playing wasn't my buff. my buff was him being injured AGAIN, and once more diminishing his chance of being a NHL mainstay.

with regards to the player? part it says - player (Minus)

Eller has been good, but he still keeps on getting lower line minutes, so in his case im hoping he get's out.. Im not expecting more of Eller as I don't believe he has been given the chance.

Larsen - For some reason he is not trusted this year, and this is reflected in his confidence, which affects his play - ergo he is a minus player.

Nielsen is doing ok, but his niche has ALWAYS been good +- stats and great defense, and judging only by that.. He is underperforming.. But so are the rest of the team.

But his D has been poor in the games iv'e watched

As I wrote I know Hansen is suspended, but that just added to my overall dissatisfaction

Boedker - Well what I wrote im getting from the PHO boards, so yeah.

And no, One night is not a year.. But I have been pretty dis-satisfied overall some of my dis-satisfaction lies with the players and some with the team's that "own" them.

Once again, this is just my opinion I understand some may disagree.. But that is my take on it

Old
02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Bank

Quote:
Larsen - For some reason he is not trusted this year, and this is reflected in his confidence, which affects his play - ergo he is a minus player.

Once again, this is just my opinion I understand some may disagree.. But that is my take on it
Sure and I don't think you've left the land of logic just though I'd have a go with the player by player evaluation.

The Larsen-thing I think I solve. Since the scratching started he's responded poorly. He's been bad. On the Stars' boards there a discussion on what came first: The scratches or the bad play. But no doubt that he's not the player he was last year. On that account I agree completely with you. Philip Larsen in his games so far this year taken a step back. But with 3-4 players taking a step forward that just leaves the score at a solid win for the good side

Old
02-22-2013, 09:00 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

That goal was extremley lucky,Daug admitted it himself,but thats ok,he is part of the Senatrolls afterall too bad Regin had no points,though.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Justinov

Well my take on the danish players so far in NHL (and AHL):

Mikkel Bødker: I have the feeling he is just on the verge to a breakthrough.....but we are still waiting for it. That is the frustrating part. Though 10 points is still good being on a defensive team like Phoenix. It's just that 3 goals is much less that I expected with his Lukko goal scoring.

Frans Nielsen: Had a super year 2010-11 (people began noticing him as s Selke candidate), then a little regression in 2011-2012 defensively but improved his offensive numbers (though with more matches played). This year neither great offence nor defence. He still have good production (10 points as Bødker), but being -7 is very unlike Frans.

Jannik Hansen: Solid 3'rd liner. Production as expected from mostly 3'rd line duties, but with some injuries he has proven before that he can play any line he gets. Referee pushing and 1 game suspension less expected.

Lars Eller: Precarious position in Montreal. Has been playing great lately, but is not getting anywhere career-wise right now.

Philip Larsen: Also quite disappointing after his Lukko stay. Maybe as you say "bank" he hass lost confidence being scratched?!

Peter Regin: Not back to his old self after all these injuries. Further injury has made him fall out of the roster in Ottawa. Very precarious position right now for his future NHL career.

Frederik Andersen: Close and yet so far away. With Hiller and Fasth it all depends on what Anaheim does. If they trade Hiller it looks great for him, if not he will probably have to wait a very long chance to get a chance.

Oliver+Markus Lauridsen: Oliver is solid in AHL and Markus is finding his feet there at the moment being upgraded from CHL. Oliver is not close to NHL yet, but with improved scating he might have a small chance. At the moment a tough "big man" (Grossmann) occupies his niche!

Old
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Justinov

Quote:
That goal was extremley lucky,Daug admitted it himself,but thats ok,he is part of the Senatrolls afterall too bad Regin had no points,though.
Yeah and even worse that Regin didn't even play, as we thought he would...
But good for Daugavins to be the hero of the day.....

Old
02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Robin Hood

People are really nitpicking too much on statistical details. Frans, Jannik and Bødker are doing fine. Reports are that Eller has been solid. Philip may be struggling but consistency issues are not uncommon for young defensemen. Regin - well. Obviously things are not great. He hasn't been good. I'm pretty sure he'll be released in the offseason and signed 1 year/sub-1 mil as a project for a bottom team.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Sure and I don't think you've left the land of logic just though I'd have a go with the player by player evaluation.

The Larsen-thing I think I solve. Since the scratching started he's responded poorly. He's been bad. On the Stars' boards there a discussion on what came first: The scratches or the bad play. But no doubt that he's not the player he was last year. On that account I agree completely with you. Philip Larsen in his games so far this year taken a step back. But with 3-4 players taking a step forward that just leaves the score at a solid win for the good side
Haha thanks

I really hope he can step up.. We need him on the danish roster

As forthe bolded part, what's your take? And what about on the Dallas board? What's the concensus?

Quote:
Well my take on the danish players so far in NHL (and AHL):

Mikkel Bødker: I have the feeling he is just on the verge to a breakthrough.....but we are still waiting for it. That is the frustrating part. Though 10 points is still good being on a defensive team like Phoenix. It's just that 3 goals is much less that I expected with his Lukko goal scoring.

Frans Nielsen: Had a super year 2010-11 (people began noticing him as s Selke candidate), then a little regression in 2011-2012 defensively but improved his offensive numbers (though with more matches played). This year neither great offence nor defence. He still have good production (10 points as Bødker), but being -7 is very unlike Frans.

Jannik Hansen: Solid 3'rd liner. Production as expected from mostly 3'rd line duties, but with some injuries he has proven before that he can play any line he gets. Referee pushing and 1 game suspension less expected.

Lars Eller: Precarious position in Montreal. Has been playing great lately, but is not getting anywhere career-wise right now.

Philip Larsen: Also quite disappointing after his Lukko stay. Maybe as you say "bank" he hass lost confidence being scratched?!

Peter Regin: Not back to his old self after all these injuries. Further injury has made him fall out of the roster in Ottawa. Very precarious position right now for his future NHL career.

Frederik Andersen: Close and yet so far away. With Hiller and Fasth it all depends on what Anaheim does. If they trade Hiller it looks great for him, if not he will probably have to wait a very long chance to get a chance.

Oliver+Markus Lauridsen: Oliver is solid in AHL and Markus is finding his feet there at the moment being upgraded from CHL. Oliver is not close to NHL yet, but with improved scating he might have a small chance. At the moment a tough "big man" (Grossmann) occupies his niche!
I agree on most acounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
People are really nitpicking too much on statistical details.
And, we have the right to Frankly, im of the opinion, that's what boards are for among others

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonz View Post
So apparently my tweet to Sekeres yesterday worked. He just asked Gillis about Jensen on air.

According to Gillis, the Canucks objected when AIK wanted to trade Jensen to a contender at the deadline. Vancouver wants him in Chicago as quickly as possible. Gillis believes the reduction in icetime is AIK taking their frustrations with the Canucks out on Jensen.

Gillis also mentioned he wouldn't be against Jensen seeing time in the NHL this year, if his play warranted it.
Looks like AIK pulled a childish stunt on Jensen..

Bad move.

Quote from the Canucks prospect thread.

More infor can be found there.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-23-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Looks like AIK pulled a childish stunt on Jensen..

Bad move.

Quote from the Canucks prospect thread.

More infor can be found there.
Sounds totally incomprehensible? But it was really mysterious that they pulled Nicklas Jensen from the 1st line to play 4'th line. His production has really stagnated after the fantastic beginning of the SEL season.
Maybe this is the reason or maybe it's conspiracy theory
Is it because Jensen was upset at the level of play in the club and was put down to 4'th line "to learn his place" as rookie", or just because AIK couldn't trade him?? Let's of questions here?
But for AIK that struggles to avoid relegation playoffs it's really madness to put a player on the 4'th line for that reason???

EDIT: Actually it's even worse since he was apparently put as 13'th forward for the last 7-8 games..

Closed Thread