HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindy Ruff has been fired

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM
  #576
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 64,689
vCash: 500
Awards:
Something tells me Ruff is sitting in his living room watching this tonight saying "See... see!"

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
  #577
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Something tells me Ruff is sitting in his living room watching this tonight saying "See... see!"
And rightfully so, bunch of bums

Rasmus Reichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
  #578
The Bank Statement
The Boss
 
The Bank Statement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Satellite of Love
Country: United States
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Something tells me Ruff is sitting in his living room watching this tonight saying "See... see!"
I do wonder when we'll hear anything from him...

The Bank Statement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
  #579
sand1138man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, but ti is crazy to try and say that Lindy Ruff is somehow justified by the sabres loss tonight. There are many problems with the team, and the biggest one was coaching. Now I have been watching the sabres avidly for 15 years, and my dad has watched every second of every sabres game in history, and on matters like this, I always refer to his judgement. He was talking about how half of the Sabres look lost while they are out there. The way he explained it to me is that we have a lot of skilled players, and alot of them don't seem to know when and how, and how often to use their skill. also, skills are nothing is they are not sitting on top of a set of un-toned fundamentals. You can have the best wrist shot in the world, but if you have not learned how to properly get in position to use it, when and where to use it. He says that these guys need to start over from scratch, re-evalute their strenghts, and be tought how to use their talents, how to avoid their weekneses, how to become harder to play against.....each player has to be sat down and really questioned about his commitment, and that comes from a lot of different people, not just the coach

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:06 AM
  #580
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 28,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
I'm sorry, but ti is crazy to try and say that Lindy Ruff is somehow justified by the sabres loss tonight. There are many problems with the team, and the biggest one was coaching. Now I have been watching the sabres avidly for 15 years, and my dad has watched every second of every sabres game in history, and on matters like this, I always refer to his judgement. He was talking about how half of the Sabres look lost while they are out there. The way he explained it to me is that we have a lot of skilled players, and alot of them don't seem to know when and how, and how often to use their skill. also, skills are nothing is they are not sitting on top of a set of un-toned fundamentals. You can have the best wrist shot in the world, but if you have not learned how to properly get in position to use it, when and where to use it. He says that these guys need to start over from scratch, re-evalute their strenghts, and be tought how to use their talents, how to avoid their weekneses, how to become harder to play against.....each player has to be sat down and really questioned about his commitment, and that comes from a lot of different people, not just the coach
Dad is contradictory here, no? Please clarify...

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:06 AM
  #581
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
Lindy will be addressing the media at 1030 this morning.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
  #582
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
Lindy will be addressing the media at 1030 this morning.
He'll answer two questions then leave

That always pissed me off, his post game press conference was him answering 2 questions, sip bottle of water then leave. He never used to be so short, back in his first 5-8 years he answered a lot of questions and the last several years he didn't feel like staying longer then 2 minutes at the press conference that right there shows he was too comfortable and needed to go if he couldn't bother to spend another 4-5 minutes answering valid questions.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
  #583
CrankyJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 50
I hate the players and Darcy now....

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #584
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 28,755
vCash: 500
classy...walks off to applause. damn

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #585
EichHart
Registered User
 
EichHart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 50
Closing words..."I've been driving from Tim Hortons to Tim Hortons, rolling up the rim"

Good Luck Ruff!

EichHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #586
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
Great way to end with that Roll up the Rim joke.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
  #587
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 64,689
vCash: 500
Awards:
Wow, that was hard to listen to.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
  #588
CrankyJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 50
GDI I changed my mind....

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
  #589
Deevo
Registered User
 
Deevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 50
Wow. That was tough to watch.

Deevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
  #590
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Trade everyone, fire Darcy, and bring Ruff back? haha

It's tough to see him go after all he's done for Buffalo. Now that he's been fired, we can all go back to liking the guy though. Definitely deserves to be remembered positively and hopefully for his good times with the team more so than the bad. I think he'll be in the Sabres HoF for sure.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
  #591
kenfury
Registered User
 
kenfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 500
To tell you the truth, I would not mind seeing his name hanging from the rafters in a few years in the builder category. Give it time but 10 years as a player, 3 as the captain and 15 as the coach he certainly left his stamp on this team.

kenfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:16 AM
  #592
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
No doubt he was a great guy and did some positive things for the city/franchise.

But damn if it doesn't show you how milquetoast this organization has been that he's one of the key figures in it's history. Hopefully Pegula's vision leads to better standards of excellence.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
  #593
dugman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Years ago (when Ruff was coaching in Florida, so really years ago), I had the opportunity to hike in the Canadian Rockies with the minister who officiated at Lindy's wedding, and baptized his kids. He couldn't stop talking about what a great guy Lindy is (though he was considerably less complimentary about the Sutter boys...).
I've always felt that whatever we have seen of him is authentic Lindy Ruff, not a lot of pretense and acting. (OK, maybe a little in confrontations with Ken Hitchcock, but otherwise..)

dugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
  #594
Shmuffalo
Responsible O'Reilly
 
Shmuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
To tell you the truth, I would not mind seeing his name hanging from the rafters in a few years in the builder category. Give it time but 10 years as a player, 3 as the captain and 15 as the coach he certainly left his stamp on this team.
Without a doubt he should be in the rafters.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.