HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jMoneyBrah View Post
Sharks give Demers + Kuraly + 2nd
If my memory is correct on kuraly they easily say no lmao

Old
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Joel Armia, Mark Pysyk and Andrej Sekera for RoR.

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.
Buffalo could use ROR. They really need another talented center. So, it trades that for the right to talk and try to sign him? That is a bit of an overpayment. Maybe a different story if Colorado does a sign and trade. Still think that is too much, but closer.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Buffalo could use ROR. They really need another talented center. So, it trades that for the right to talk and try to sign him? That is a bit of an overpayment. Maybe a different story if Colorado does a sign and trade. Still think that is too much, but closer.
Remember he's a RFA and the team that trades for him will have his rights for the next 4 years or until he hits 27. It's not like he's 25 or 26yo and a year away from UFA.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Remember he's a RFA and the team that trades for him will have his rights for the next 4 years or until he hits 27. It's not like he's 25 or 26yo and a year away from UFA.
I know he is a RFA. I also know if he gets traded to an organization he doesn't want, he does what he is doing now - plays overseas. Trading away a hefty package for an unsigned RFA that might continue this drama is a big risk. Not a fan of this kid's drama really.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ryan O'Reilly ‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.
This had to be planned.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
I know he is a RFA. I also know if he gets traded to an organization he doesn't want, he does what he is doing now - plays overseas. Trading away a hefty package for an unsigned RFA that might continue this drama is a big risk. Not a fan of this kid's drama really.
He's not playing overseas. He's in Canada practicing with a junior team.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
I don't know why this keeps getting brought up. He's a RFA so any team can talk to him and his agent right now. They don't have to trade for him and then ask him what kind of deal he wants or if he wants to play for that new team. They can ask him all those questions and basically have a contract done before even trading for him.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Is this ever going to be resolved? I just want to see who gets Ryan O'Reilly, he's a good player and could make a very significant impact on a plethora of teams. If the Leafs don't make a trade for him, I hope he stays out West.

Not that means anything but I have a feeling of suspicion that Jake Gardiner will be involved with a trade for ROR, very soon.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
This had to be planned.
What happened with the letter?

I skimmed through the last couple of the threads and didn't find much

Old
02-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Landeslog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
What happened with the letter?

I skimmed through the last couple of the threads and didn't find much
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...alanche/12635/

Old
02-22-2013, 02:52 AM
clumping platelets

Pominville for ROR + Pickard

Old
02-22-2013, 07:10 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Pominville for ROR + Pickard
No thank you.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:16 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

MPS + Gagner for ROR.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.
Yuck. Overpayment.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:30 AM
simplefan

O'Reilly to Ottawa

Dear Avs Fans

Since the negotiations between B. Murray and G. Sherman have been good (i.e Craig Anderson trade), why not do the same this time.

We love your power forward Ryan O'Reilly and he'll help Kyle Turris to carry the load.

We have assets to offer :

-Zibanejad
-Silfverberg
-Zach Smith
-Wiercioch
-Da Costa
-Regin
-Picks

Why not do a package out of these assets.

I recommend you a Zibanejad + Smith + 3th package. We can switch Smith for P. Wierchioch and a 5th.

Sidenotes:

Zibanejad is a young powerforward, playing in the NHL, that has an interesting blend of speed, skills, and physical play. On good days, while being 19 years of age, he can be Ovechkin-lite. HOLD UP! I'm not saying he's going to be Ovechkin but he showed flashes of brilliant play. He can be a Ryan Kesler kind of player. Interested?

Smith, 22 years old, is on his way to be an elite 3rd line center, who can be kind of a Mike Fisher but a little bit less offensive.

P. Wierchioch is a young puck-moving defenseman, 24 years old. He skates really well for a 6'4 guy, he can pass really well, he can shoot. He's on his way to be an offensive defenseman, somewhere between Kuba and Wideman.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Dear Avs Fans

Since the negotiations between B. Murray and G. Sherman have been good (i.e Craig Anderson trade), why not do the same this time.

We love your power forward Ryan O'Reilly and he'll help Kyle Turris to carry the load.

-Zibanejad
-Silfverberg
-Zach Smith
-Wiercioch
-Da Costa
-Regin
-Picks

I recommend you a Zibanejad + Smith + 3th package. We can switch Smith for P. Wierchioch and a 5th.

Sidenotes:

Zibanejad is a young powerforward, playing in the NHL, that has an interesting blend of speed, skills, and physical play. On good days, while being 19 years of age, he can be Ovechkin-lite. HOLD UP! I'm not saying he's going to be Ovechkin but he showed flashes of brilliant play. He can be a Ryan Kesler kind of player. Interested?

Smith, 22 years old, is on his way to be an elite 3rd line center, who can be kind of a Mike Fisher but a little bit less offensive.

P. Wierchioch is a young puck-moving defenseman, 24 years old. He skates really well for a 6'4 guy, he can pass really well, he can shoot. He's on his way to be an offensive defenseman, somewhere between Kuba and Wideman.
If we think Mika will be Ovechkin lite/Kesler and Zack Smith be Fisher lite... We probably shouldnt deal them both unless we are getting "Sidney Crosby lite"

Im all for getting O'Reilly... But I dont think Id be willing to give up both of those guys... If we had a greater need at #2 C.... Then yes... But with Spezza/Turris... Im not sure...

Are the Avs looking for quality or quantity? 1-2 grade A pieces or 3-4 B pieces?

Old
02-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Pattysaurus

That seems like you're giving up too much.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

I think Zibanejad + Smith + a pick isn't really what the Avs are 'reportedly' looking for anyway. Wierchioch fits more into that IMO.

There are a few problems involved that make me think that this just isn't going to happen. Right now we're decimated on the blueline -- it would be a lot easier to part with someone like Wierchioch if Karlsson and Cowen weren't injured. Murray has also said he's not going to be trading his young players (or maybe something like for a stopgap...I can't remember) so maybe that doesn't apply in this circumstance because O'Reilly is young himself but it makes me wonder.

Judging by the way things have been going I don't think that Murray and co. are ready to give up on a guy with the tools of Zibanejad, and might not be able to afford giving up someone like Wierchioch in our current circumstance.

I would personally still do Zibanejad + Wierchioch + 3rd/5th but I doubt a lot of other people are in since Zibanejad put up his first point in 7 games and looked pretty good last night.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:09 AM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Dear Avs Fans

-Zibanejad
-Silfverberg
-Zach Smith
-Wiercioch
-Da Costa
-Regin
-Picks

Dear Fellow Sens 'Fan'
Silfverberg is not on the table. Neither is Zibby. Also, centres is our deepest position, we don't need RoR at the expense of one or two of our top prospects.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
MPS + Gagner for ROR.
nobody else will agree with me, but i jump on this as an avs fan, even though it is divisional.

I think he stays in colorado honestly. Ive been saying it all along. Every columnist in the world says it's a 1% chance he re-signs but I honestly think it happens and then everyone will be back to the Stastny trade reports.

I wouldnt be surprised if Staz gets traded before anything is done with O'Reilly. I see a possible agreement that they will offer radar a long term contract in agreement that he's their number 2 guy behind duchene. staz gets traded for a point man and avs fans are happier than ever.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Der Jaeger

Quote:

I think Armia and Sekera gets it done. Adding in Pysyk is an overpayment.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:50 AM
otto bond

Montreal has to be in this race....They have assets to get it done, it's just a matter of giving quality. Also, it looks like the Avs need Defense, although I think Montreal can do it.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:59 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
I think Armia and Sekera gets it done. Adding in Pysyk is an overpayment.
As thin as we already are on wing both on the team and in the prospect pool, I'd really hate to trade Armia. The way this team is heading, we could very well get our shutdown C in the draft in Barkov or Monahan without losing any assets. I'd love to get ROR, but Armia is not a guy I want to give up to get him, and I think we have the assets to get it done without including him.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:09 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Montreal has to be in this race....They have assets to get it done, it's just a matter of giving quality. Also, it looks like the Avs need Defense, although I think Montreal can do it.
Tinordi, Leblanc, 1st?

Old
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
I think the rangers need a shake up to get a solid team that's under performing big time back on track. Plus ROR is the definition of a torts player.

Closed Thread