HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #16 - 2013 Offseason edition ‎

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
yea i don't like him because he's not once shown the ability to play consistently at an above average level.

turns 30 this year too.
Personally, I think he's shown enough, including an ability to lead this team from behind on numerous occasions. Just need more around him and an actual offensive system.

That being said, the 30 thing you threw out there is pretty irrelevant for QBs. If he was a Running Back...I'd get why you mention it. Brady is 35, Peyton Manning is 36 and Drew Brees is 34, and none of those 3 are slowing down (well, Peyton maybe a bit with that neck thing). QBs need to start worrying about age at maybe 37/38. Cutler has a lot of years left, assuming he stays healthy. We improve the talent level on this offense, I think everyone will be happy.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
yea i don't like him because he's not once shown the ability to play consistently at an above average level.

turns 30 this year too.
he has shown enough and he was consitent good in that year in Denver when he made the Pro Bowl. Just give him an offensiv line and better coaching.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Cullksinikers

Greg Jennings wants $14 million per year. I love Greg Jennings, but he is not as elite as he was due to a couple injuries and is 30 years old. Sorry, dude, you are not worth that. $9-10 million per year is fair, but $14 million is insane.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Someone desperate might give him that. Definite overpayment.

Jennings won his Superbowl and is now looking to cash out one last time. Makes sense, he's not young anymore.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Someone desperate might give him that. Definite overpayment.

Jennings won his Superbowl and is now looking to cash out one last time. Makes sense, he's not young anymore.
Jennings didn't win a Superbowl, the Green Bay Packers did.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
What's the point of arguing semantics? You know what he means. Jennings played a role in his team making it to, and winning a Superbowl. Being a player that's won a Superbowl, his value increases.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
"Jennings has his ring," then, if that's better

Old
02-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Greg Jennings wants $14 million per year. I love Greg Jennings, but he is not as elite as he was due to a couple injuries and is 30 years old. Sorry, dude, you are not worth that. $9-10 million per year is fair, but $14 million is insane.
That's just crazy. 3 years ago he was worth top WR pay, but not anymore.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
That's just crazy. 3 years ago he was worth top WR pay, but not anymore.
I'm not sure he was ever worth "Top Receiver" Pay. Certainly near the top, but he wasn't the only reason the Packers passing game was so good. They had a number of other good receivers to keep defenses honest (Jordy Nelson, for example, was the WR who really torched the Steelers in the SB). They also have a solid system and a QB who is comfortable in it.

But Jennings never blew me away as a true Top WR in the NFL, just a very good one. I think due to his age alone he won't get anywhere near $14M. Plus, I think he struggles MIGHTILY on another team.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'd like to see him go to the Colts and play with Luck and Wayne.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Sarava

Quote:
I'm not sure he was ever worth "Top Receiver" Pay. Certainly near the top, but he wasn't the only reason the Packers passing game was so good. They had a number of other good receivers to keep defenses honest (Jordy Nelson, for example, was the WR who really torched the Steelers in the SB). They also have a solid system and a QB who is comfortable in it.

But Jennings never blew me away as a true Top WR in the NFL, just a very good one. I think due to his age alone he won't get anywhere near $14M. Plus, I think he struggles MIGHTILY on another team.
I can agree with this. I would take him on the Bears...but for like 5 mil max. He wants 8 mil or 14 mil, bleh....no way.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
he has shown enough and he was consitent good in that year in Denver when he made the Pro Bowl. Just give him an offensiv line and better coaching.
you mean where he undeservedly went to a pro bowl in a year where he and the broncos **** the bed and blew a multi game division lead and missed po's.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Recoil

Quote:
you mean where he undeservedly went to a pro bowl in a year where he and the broncos **** the bed and blew a multi game division lead and missed po's.
And what, exactly, did that have to do with him? The Pro Bowl is about an INDIVIDUALS accomplishments. Cutler had a great year that year. The Denver offense, under him, produced as one of the best in the NFL that year as well. The Denver defense, however, was one of the worst in the NFL, and blew many of the leads/games they had. Their defense **** the bed, as you put it, and cost them the playoffs. It wasn't Cutler or the offense per say.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
And what, exactly, did that have to do with him? The Pro Bowl is about an INDIVIDUALS accomplishments. Cutler had a great year that year. The Denver offense, under him, produced as one of the best in the NFL that year as well. The Denver defense, however, was one of the worst in the NFL, and blew many of the leads/games they had. Their defense **** the bed, as you put it, and cost them the playoffs. It wasn't Cutler or the offense per say.
25 tds to 18 ints isn't great. they threw the ball something like 650 times so he racked up a ton of yards. bfd

and again, he didn't deserve to go to pro bowl and was part of the collapse. over the final three games he only threw 2 td passes vs 4 interceptions.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Illinihockey

Saints aren't franchising Bushrod so he'll go to free agency even though the Bears probably can't afford him unless they restructure some other deals.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Cullksinikers

I think one of Jennings and Wallace lands in Miami.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
RayP

I don't want Wallace because I don't think a player of his type is worth that contract, but my god... he would be the perfect ****ing fit across from Marshall.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Cullksinikers

Good luck using your speed on the Soldier Field playing surface.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I don't want Wallace because I don't think a player of his type is worth that contract, but my god... he would be the perfect ****ing fit across from Marshall.
Definitely, almost wouldn't be fair it would be so good. I have a strong feeling the Bears are really going to shuffle the deck. A surprise cut or two, maybe even a trade.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Good luck using your speed on the Soldier Field playing surface.
Heinz field isn't much better. Hell, just look at the 50+ yard FG history at that stadium. Yeah, some of that is also because of the side of the field that is open and the wind patterns, but the turf is awful in Pitt as well.

Sure he'd slip and fall, but the times he doesn't, he's going to kill the CB off the line if he gets a free release. Regardless, like I said, I don't like him for how much money he wants... and a WR really isn't a need anyway. Would just be cool to see a Marshall/Wallace duo.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:50 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Definitely, almost wouldn't be fair it would be so good. I have a strong feeling the Bears are really going to shuffle the deck. A surprise cut or two, maybe even a trade.
Like who?

Peppers?

Old
02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Illinihockey

Melton is going to eat up a ton of our cap. I don't expect the Bears to sign much after they take care of their own guys. I know Emery said he wants Izzy, Scott, and Louis back. So resign Melton, Izzy, Scott, Louis, and Roach and you probably don't have much money left.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Melton is going to eat up a ton of our cap. I don't expect the Bears to sign much after they take care of their own guys. I know Emery said he wants Izzy, Scott, and Louis back. So resign Melton, Izzy, Scott, Louis, and Roach and you probably don't have much money left.
Sadly....this. If we do end up tagging Melton, there goes a LARGE chunk of our cap space. If we resign Urlacher and Izzy....done, aside from some small fringe adds.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Sadly....this. If we do end up tagging Melton, there goes a LARGE chunk of our cap space. If we resign Urlacher and Izzy....done, aside from some small fringe adds.
Even if we don't tag him, he's going to get $7-$8 mil a season which is going to eat up a lot of our cap room.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Like who?

Peppers?
Yeah, Peppers or sign and trade Melton plus I see them cutting Urlacher loose as a strong possibility.

Closed Thread