HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Pretty stupid play from Hall

Old
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Wow. Any of you guys read/listened Erik Karlsson talk about his injury?

I swear, there's not a single organization in this league I despise more than the Sens. Whining all over the place, saying Cooke "tried to knock him out" with the hit, that he knew what he was doing, etc. etc.

I swear, if I got a dollar for every play Chris Neil made out there that could've taken a talented player out of a game...

Old
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Wow. Any of you guys read/listened Erik Karlsson talk about his injury?

I swear, there's not a single organization in this league I despise more than the Sens. Whining all over the place, saying Cooke "tried to knock him out" with the hit, that he knew what he was doing, etc. etc.

I swear, if I got a dollar for every play Chris Neil made out there that could've taken a talented player out of a game...
Karlsson, Murray and Melnyk have been acting like nothing but babies since the injury which was a totally accidental play by Cooke.

Last week they complained about Leafs and Habs fans buying tickets to go watch games in Ottawa, just nothing but complaining from these guys

Old
02-22-2013, 09:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Yeah but if the shoe were on the other foot and Cooke took out Galchenyuk for the rest of the year with a "clean play", we'd be screaming bloody murder too.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah but if the shoe were on the other foot and Cooke took out Galchenyuk for the rest of the year with a "clean play", we'd be screaming bloody murder too.
Common sense has to prevail. If Cooke actually managed to see Karlsson, plan a situation where he could get in an awkward position to then manage to slice the back of Karlsson's leg (which he could not even do again even if he actually tried it, it was really an awkward play), he'd have the vision and the foot coordination to be a star in this league.

This one is on Karlsson for not wearing kevlar socks. Did we scream for murder when Cooke took out Markov in the playoffs in 2010? Did we ask for blood? Did Markov even complain about it? No. Hockey is a sport of contact, it's bound to happen every single year.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
As a Habs fan, a fan of a team that's suffered it fair share of devastating injuries the last 20 years...

I don't have any sympathy..

But as a fan of hockey, it sucks that I won't get to watch karlsson play...he's probably one of my favorite skaters to watch

Old
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Common sense has to prevail. If Cooke actually managed to see Karlsson, plan a situation where he could get in an awkward position to then manage to slice the back of Karlsson's leg (which he could not even do again even if he actually tried it, it was really an awkward play), he'd have the vision and the foot coordination to be a star in this league.

This one is on Karlsson for not wearing kevlar socks. Did we scream for murder when Cooke took out Markov in the playoffs in 2010? Did we ask for blood? Did Markov even complain about it? No. Hockey is a sport of contact, it's bound to happen every single year.
Yes. Yes we did.

I agree that common sense should prevail, but it doesn't, and it's understandable when it doesn't. I don't think Cooke did anything malicious, but I don't fault the Sens and their fans for venting their anger and frustrations at Cooke and blaming him for the injury.

Besides, when you're Matt Cooke and you have the history that you do, you don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Kenny Powders

Isles to put Dipietro on waivers at noon. Poor guy lol

Old
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Pretty sure a lot of us did.. and that's way more accidental than what Cooke did to Karlsson.

Most of us don't believe Chara's hit on Pacioretty was "accidental" and a simple hockey player while most of the league thinks otherwise.

And even I personally can't tell what Cooke did was 100% accidental. I watched the replay a couple of time and I don't understand why Cooke lift his skate in a simple hit like that.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:11 AM
ClasslessGuy

Glad for Poulin about time

Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Roulin

Kudos to the Devils for having success with skill players on the 4th line (Loktionov & Butler). Good on them for icing a team with skilled depth despite conventional wisdom.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Gary320

Surprised there isn't a "Should we claim Dipietro" thread.

As for Karlsson, I think it was an accident. But reverse the roll, if that's Galchenyuk or Carey Price, like said... many would say Cooke did it on purpose.

Same thing if your a fan of Toronto and the cut was on Reimer or JVR
Washington and Ovechkin
Chicago and Toews

That's just how fans are.. not much common sense or rational thoughts. Emotions get the best of us.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Yes. Yes we did.

I agree that common sense should prevail, but it doesn't, and it's understandable when it doesn't. I don't think Cooke did anything malicious, but I don't fault the Sens and their fans for venting their anger and frustrations at Cooke and blaming him for the injury.

Besides, when you're Matt Cooke and you have the history that you do, you don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.
Erik Karlsson's own assessment of the hit is the best. That injury doesn't happen if it's another player involved in the hit.

There are no circumstances where coming into a player with a foot off the ice is an acceptable hit. Ottawa fans deserve to be angry, and Cooke deserves to be out of the league. Cooke has only become better at deception and masking his dangerous plays.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Surprised there isn't a "Should we claim Dipietro" thread.

As for Karlsson, I think it was an accident. But reverse the roll, if that's Galchenyuk or Carey Price, like said... many would say Cooke did it on purpose.

Same thing if your a fan of Toronto and the cut was on Reimer or JVR
Washington and Ovechkin
Chicago and Toews

That's just how fans are.. not much common sense or rational thoughts. Emotions get the best of us.
thing is, it's the owner, gm and a player whining...

Old
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Pretty sure a lot of us did.. and that's way more accidental than what Cooke did to Karlsson.

Most of us don't believe Chara's hit on Pacioretty was "accidental" and a simple hockey player while most of the league thinks otherwise.

And even I personally can't tell what Cooke did was 100% accidental. I watched the replay a couple of time and I don't understand why Cooke lift his skate in a simple hit like that.
He did it to hurt Karlsson. End of story. The fact that he's now being more clever with his attempts to injure should not make them acceptable to anyone.

10 times more deliberate than what Chara did to Pacioretty, and our fan base is still looking for justice on that hit.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Erik Karlsson's own assessment of the hit is the best. That injury doesn't happen if it's another player involved in the hit.

There are no circumstances where coming into a player with a foot off the ice is an acceptable hit. Ottawa fans deserve to be angry, and Cooke deserves to be out of the league. Cooke has only become better at deception and masking his dangerous plays.
BS players have been cut by skates of other players than Cooke. Karlsson and Ottawa are brutally bad liars in this. They desperately want to blame Karlsson but it's a hockey play.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Yes. Yes we did.

Well good for you guys. I know I did not. And I know pro athletes should be professional enough and that owners/Gms should have enough class to stop throwing players under the bus for a pure accident.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He did it to hurt Karlsson. End of story. The fact that he's now being more clever with his attempts to injure should not make them acceptable to anyone.

10 times more deliberate than what Chara did to Pacioretty, and our fan base is still looking for justice on that hit.
That stuff happens 10-12 times a game every time a player tries to pin another against the boards and in puck battles.

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-22-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: play nice
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Et le But

Not that I have sympathy for Cooke but claiming it was intentional just because of who did it is a low blow. I guess playing victim makes it easier to take.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
thing is, it's the owner, gm and a player whining...
Of-course they do. Their best player is out for the year.
Their playoff chances just diminished. They're emotional. Understandable. Any other GM would probably say the same.

I'm not even debating weather this was an accident or not.

Just saying, this whole 'We think Cooke did it on purpose' isn't right, but it's not just a Ottawa Senators fan-base kind of thing.

Emotional game and emotional fans = most fans having a lack of rational thought.

Pacioretty thing, weather or not you viewed it as a hockey play or not, doesn't change the fact that nearly everyone here thought it was worthy of a big suspension. While others thought it warranted one game or two. Not saying anyone was wrong or right.. just saying emotions take over when it hits close to home.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do you actually watch NHL games? That stuff happens 10-12 times a game every time a player tries to pin another against the boards and in puck battles.
Players do not go in hands high and skate leading and off the ice at the same time. It's unnatural to begin with, but in this case it had intent to bring the player down or worse.

I advise you to watch the replay and start watching a little less of your own internet posts. Ottawa fans and Karlsson are 100 percent correct on this one.

Karlsson addressed the media today and as gracious and calm as he was there is no doubt who he holds solely responsible. Justifiably.

Last edited by Gary320: 02-22-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Removed offensive part
Old
02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Players do not go in hands high and skate leading and off the ice at the same time. It's unnatural to begin with, but in this case it had intent to bring the player down or worse.

I advise you to watch the replay and start watching a little less of your own internet posts. Ottawa fans and Karlsson are 100 percent correct on this one.

Karlsson addressed the media today and as gracious and calm as he was there is no doubt who he holds solely responsible. Justifiably.
Former NHLers with 1,000 more credibity than you have said it was a normal hockey play, so i'll take their opinion over yours.

Last edited by Gary320: 02-22-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Removed offensive part from original quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:

Well said. It wasn't Malkin or Bortuzzo, but effin' Matt Cooke. What a coincidence! Unbelievable. There is no way of proving intent, but by simply looking at the individual who caused the injury, it's pretty pathetic that this incident went unexamined. The guy injured at least five players in the NHL, and pretty ****ing talented ones. Accident? Smells like crap to me.

Last edited by PhysicX: 02-22-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Gary320

Keep it clean people. No need to insult other people to get your point across.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Former NHLers with 1,000 more credibity than you have said it was a normal hockey play, so i'll take their opinion over yours.
Are these the same experts you selectively tell us don't know their ass from their elbow? How about some links?

It is quite obvious this was not a routine hockey play if this were max PAC getting cut you'd want to run him out of the league . At least I am consistent no matter what the jersey colour .

Closed Thread