Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers | 8:30PM CST | FSN, FSWI

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Sportserie

vCash: 500
This was a huge win in that we proved we can go on the road and get some points. Honestly, even when Edmonton scored first I knew we'd tie it up.

Our first period was bad but what happened was we got better as the game moved along. Good, or a better team than their opponent will find a way to win, will find a way to get better as the game moves along in order to secure a victory and that's precisely what we did last night.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
I thought Suter played his best game of the season, and maybe Brodin as well. Brodin's stickwork and patience under pressure was off the charts.

I was impressed by the way JB came back and played well after getted pasted into the end board by Eager. He's seems pretty tough for a kid who probably is at least 25 lbs below where his optimum playing weight will be when he hits his mid-20's...

Old
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

According to NHL.com's 3 Star of the Night Cullen had one goal and two assists. No respect.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
According to NHL.com's 3 Star of the Night Cullen had one goal and two assists. No respect.
They acknowledged the Wild and one of their players? Progress!

Old
02-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Sportserie

Yes, I feel like we are really gelling or at least starting to at the moment, especially those 2nd and 3rd lines. Our defense with Suter and Brodin leading the way, is looking good too. I feel like our chemistry is starting to click. If we could get some points tomorrow night, that would also prove the chemistry is not just a fluke and we really are making some progress.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I thought Suter played his best game of the season, and maybe Brodin as well. Brodin's stickwork and patience under pressure was off the charts.

I was impressed by the way JB came back and played well after getted pasted into the end board by Eager. He's seems pretty tough for a kid who probably is at least 25 lbs below where his optimum playing weight will be when he hits his mid-20's...
Suter's had a great stretch of games recently.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:14 AM
BigT2002

We are starting to gel. I still want wins against Vancouver though. Keep in mind, we don't need to win them all....just need to win them all against the Division. I'll take #3 and play the #6 seed any day of the week.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Sportserie

What impresses me the most about this victory is that we did it without that first line essentially. I am trying to think about how many times Parise and Koivu were actually involved in serious threats and there's not many times even if neither of them actually had a bad game. Heatley hit that post once, I think, otherwise he was a non-factor too.

We did this with our second line really leading the charge and that was so nice to see.

Also getting lost is the game Backs had. He really does own the Oilers.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
We are starting to gel. I still want wins against Vancouver though. Keep in mind, we don't need to win them all....just need to win them all against the Division. I'll take #3 and play the #6 seed any day of the week.
Agreed. Yes, we haven't found a way yet to play against a Vancouver and have a true shot at winning the game. I think that's going to come with a little more time. You could even see the improvement in the second game we played them. Maybe third time's the charm and that game will be a nice measuring stick proving we are certainly evolving to a point where we can play anyone and always have a very good chance to win.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

I get seniority in the NHL, but having PMB over Zucker on the PP is laughable.

Start guys with quick feet who make **** happen. Not slugs.

Heatley looks like he's skating in sand.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:16 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
They acknowledged the Wild and one of their players? Progress!
Right!

Hell, I think most of the time other fans either forget there really is 1 more than 29 teams in the league, or they seem to think the Wild are some team permanently locked in 2006...7, years, ago...

Old
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Yeo raved about Ryan Suter's game last night, saying he put on a "clinic." #mnwild
Russo

BUT GUYS SUTER IS HORRIBLE AND A WASTE OF MONEY AND I CAN TOTALLY JUDGE A CONTRACT BY A GUYS FIRST 10 GAMES.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Russo

BUT GUYS SUTER IS HORRIBLE AND A WASTE OF MONEY AND I CAN TOTALLY JUDGE A CONTRACT BY A GUYS FIRST 10 GAMES.
Pffft, you know rationality has no place on an internet message board.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Suter played 31:19 last night.

Leads the NHL in avg TOI.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Uberdachen

Cleaner?

Wild still act like tween girls who just heard a horror story from an older girl, they're so afraid of first periods. I'm going to start fast forwarding through the first 20 minutes the same as I've been doing with power plays.

It's nice to see some life out of the second line. Cullen and Mini-Bees have been on fire lately. It's going to be exciting someday when the first line and second line both show up to the same whole, first-period-included, game. Are You There Goals? It's Me, Minnesota.

Suter has been solid a lot longer than most people seem to want to acknowledge. He just does it so well, it doesn't even seem like he's necessarily playing well. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well. I'm distracted by trying to figure out that trick where Harry Brodini makes the puck disappear off enemy sticks and reappear up the ice in temporary Wild control.

In typical fashion, that shot on Clutterbuck goes thigh and why'd he what the HEY NOW. If only he could have stayed with that theme and been cleared but not out.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
Wild still act like tween girls who just heard a horror story from an older girl, they're so afraid of first periods. I'm going to start fast forwarding through the first 20 minutes the same as I've been doing with power plays.

It's nice to see some life out of the second line. Cullen and Mini-Bees have been on fire lately. It's going to be exciting someday when the first line and second line both show up to the same whole, first-period-included, game. Are You There Goals? It's Me, Minnesota.

Suter has been solid a lot longer than most people seem to want to acknowledge. He just does it so well, it doesn't even seem like he's necessarily playing well. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well. I'm distracted by trying to figure out that trick where Harry Brodini makes the puck disappear off enemy sticks and reappear up the ice in temporary Wild control.

In typical fashion, that shot on Clutterbuck goes thigh and why'd he what the HEY NOW. If only he could have stayed with that theme and been cleared but not out.
YES!!!! Brodin is very "Houdini-like" when it comes to his play in the defensive zone. So calm, so poised, ability to escape with the puck when under pressure,...

Jonas Brodini!!!

Old
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Russo

He's still terrible on the PP and seems to get deked around at least once a game. But overall he has been pretty good recently.

Closed Thread