HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Markov

Old
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Andrei Markov

Not saying he should be traded at all but if the right price comes along then I think montreal could be pursuaded to move him...

I don't think I have to sell this guy to anyone we all know what his capabilities are, he can lead a power play with ease, defend the best of forwards and has a great vision

In my opinion montreal needs either a good young top 6 forward or a combination of good picks/prospects

Flame away habs fans but i think we can get a good return for him

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Not saying he should be traded at all but if the right price comes along then I think montreal could be pursuaded to move him...

I don't think I have to sell this guy to anyone we all know what his capabilities are, he can lead a power play with ease, defend the best of forwards and has a great vision

In my opinion montreal needs either a good young top 6 forward or a combination of good picks/prospects

Flame away habs fans but i think we can get a good return for him
The habs are doing well. Markov is finally healthy and playing like he did 5 years ago, why would you trade him?

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Montreal Shadow

He's exactly what the Flyers need isn't he? They can start by putting Couturier on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
The habs are doing well. Markov is finally healthy and playing like he did 5 years ago, why would you trade him?
He starts his post by saying he don't think he should be traded. He's making the thread to have opinions on his value.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I didn't say I would trade him and seriously you gotta think what's gonna happen with what's coming up in the schedule 11 of the next 13 away and Markov doesn't fit into the age frame of this team, we aren't contenders for another 2-3 years and by then Markov will be 37 too much of a veteran for my taste

Old
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
He's exactly what the Flyers need isn't he? They can start by putting Couturier on the table.

He starts his post by saying he don't think he should be traded. He's making the thread to have opinions on his value.
Thank you and yeah I think couturier is a great start but is Philly interested in moving him?

Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Thank you and yeah I think couturier is a great start but is Philly interested in moving him?

Brace yourself for some serious Flyer fan hate headed your way.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Brace yourself for some serious Flyer fan hate headed your way.....
I didn't suggest it

Old
02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
I didn't suggest it
I know, but that doesnt matter. They will rip anyone who even hints at trading their golden boy for anything less than `massive ridiculous`overpayment.....

Old
02-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

Not even a remote chance that happens. Flyers don't make good trading partners for Markov, they don't have the moveable assets the Habs would want. Maybe Detroit, who has more moveable vets and a much deeper prospect pool.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Joel Ward and Tomas Kundratek.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:

I guess I don't see the point. The habs look very solid and can make a run in the playoffs for the Cup. Scheduling has been in their favor, but still, they can be one of the top teams in the East.

I understand everyone wants to get younger, but any team can go on the run and trading one of your top dmen makes no sense to me if you are competing this year.

If you want to add a young winger - make a small move for D'Agostini who would likely cost you a mid round pick.

Otherwise you are looking to start a flame war with other teams.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:19 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Joel Ward and Tomas Kundratek.

Not nearly enough.

A level prospect and a 1st would be the minimum. And thats assuming that they have fallen out of the playoff picture.....

Old
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Domino11

Unless overpayment mtl won't trade him !! As a fan do I would trade him if I had the chance to.. Is value will never be higher ! With a short season and a lot of team are in the run and believe they have a chance to win so I think a lot of team would love to add him to tere own. Team !!

It will take a 1 round + good prospect ... If it not more but defenetly 1 round will be there

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not nearly enough.

A level prospect and a 1st would be the minimum. And thats assuming that they have fallen out of the playoff picture.....
Agreed that kind of package would be for a situation where we absolutely had to get rid of him

Old
02-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Suddenly7

As an Habs fan I would listen to some trade offers when the trade deadline comes around. Depending on the position the Habs are in I would trade Markov for a first round and a solid young forward. Some good offer I feel will come to teams looking to add the final piece to their roster. I would like to mention at least in my opinion I don't believe Montreal has a good set of forwards in their prospect pool. Adding two for the future will surely help. Plus looking at the last draft I have convinces that Habs GM will repeat with a solid pick again.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
I know, but that doesnt matter. They will rip anyone who even hints at trading their golden boy for anything less than `massive ridiculous`overpayment.....
Markov for couturier ? comon, you can't be serious.

I'm a habs fan and I find it pretty ridiculous.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
sharks9

It would have to start with a 1st + a solid prospect

Maybe to a team in need of PP help?

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Markov for couturier ? comon, you can't be serious.

I'm a habs fan and I find it pretty ridiculous.
Why not all Philly needs now is a goalie and they are strong strong contenders now

Old
02-22-2013, 12:03 PM
glenbuis

I think the idea was that Philly would have to add to Couturier to get Markov. That is totally rediculous. I never seen the stat sheet but prior to last nite he didn't have a point in the last five or a goal in the last 11. The Canadiens would be wise to rest Markov in the second nite of back to back games and give Weber and Kaberle a bit of ice time. The habs will be very fortunate to pick up a first for him considering his age and injury history. Imagine, Couturier plus.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
It wouldn't happen for obvious reasons but Edler+ or Hamhuis+ out of Vancouver.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I think the idea was that Philly would have to add to Couturier to get Markov. That is totally rediculous. I never seen the stat sheet but prior to last nite he didn't have a point in the last five or a goal in the last 11. The Canadiens would be wise to rest Markov in the second nite of back to back games and give Weber and Kaberle a bit of ice time. The habs will be very fortunate to pick up a first for him considering his age and injury history. Imagine, Couturier plus.
Because pts and goals are all that matter for a defenseman right? Markov was dynamite in the first few games and slowed down lately. He'll get back to speed soon enough. He's also 34, not 40. Flyers could get a couple of good years with him. Couturier may not start having an impact as big as Markov until 3-4 years from now.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
schumway2

Nick Cousins or Scott Laughton would have to be involved.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

I doubt the flyers would be interested in him anyways.

More likely would be a real contender to win it all looking for a playoff boost (assuming the habs are out of it)

Old
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Why not all Philly needs now is a goalie and they are strong strong contenders now
they can claim DiPietro

But really? trade value of Markov?

This will go well

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Barnaby

I like Markov and I'd happily take him on my Rangers although the teams don't match up trade wise...

Considering age and injury history I'd expect something a long the lines of what the NJD paid for Zidlicky... 2nd + quality prospect - maybe a 1st if you can get the right teams involved. (I'll never say never after Gaustadt garnered a 1st).

If you can pull off a first, then more power to ya, but some people are mentioning stronger offers than what Kovalchuk cost...

...and seriously... I mean Couturier + wouldn't happen in a million years.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote