Old
02-17-2013, 12:38 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Cusack View Post
Gold on the ceiling is the tune thanks though guys
Oh okay, I remember hearing that now. I think the one I was talking about is the one they play whenever we score? I may be wrong, but I do remember hearing it whenever I went to a game!!

Old
02-17-2013, 12:54 AM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
"dadado dadado dadadadadadado"

This could be the tune for a million songs out there

Old
02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post

This could be the tune for a million songs out there
It's not the tune, it's the lyrics!!

EDIT: Before I make myself look like an even bigger idiot...

Old
02-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Libbs

Quote:
But stepping us was Hardie. His best game.
100% agree... I meant to say something about his play last night as it was easily his best game.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Here's the video of the Lovell injury.. looking at it now, you can clearly see the Moncton player's stick is stuck in the boards.. granted, he didn't have to swing it out like that and could have just pulled it. I don't think it was intentional to hit Lovell in the face like that, but you CANNOT just openly swing your stick like that even if you're trying to free it.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:17 PM
RJQuack

"Heat of the moment intent" it looks like ... Vicious. 10 games imo.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 150
Fucale breaks Giguere's record for franchise wins in goal winning his 69th game.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:43 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
"Heat of the moment intent" it looks like ... Vicious. 10 games imo.
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say 5 games would be fair. You can see clearly that he didn't do it on purpose, and yes, that should factor in. Of course you shouldn't swing your stick like that when trying to free it, but you're not going to take the time to think about how to remove it. You're going to pull it out as hard and fast as your can to get back into play. It was a freak accident but he should be disciplined for his irresponsible play..

Old
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
bigdirty

http://thechronicleherald.mobi/moose...ith-broken-jaw

Apparently the team is arguing that it was intentional.

Quote:
“For me, that’s not really how you would normally get your stick out of the glass. You don’t swing it like in baseball when you’re trying to get your stick out from being stuck.”
I just don't see it.
I've had my blade get stuck like that before, and this is just in my rec league, and I did exactly what the Moncton player did. I pulled as hard as I could and the stick flung out.

The guy's intent was clearly to get his stick free and re-join the play.
I still believe he does need to be punished for careless use of the stick, but this wasn't anything malicious.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Just a little comparison as to how Nate/Drouin did without one another...

Nate without Drouin
Games: 6
Goals: 8
Assists: 3
+/-: +6
PPG: 1.83

Drouin without Nate (so far)
Games: 5
Goals: 6
Assists: 8
+/-: +12
PPG: 2.8

Old
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 150
A good victory last night. Drouin continues his awesome season with another 4points. He now has a real shot at winning the scoring title. The victory was also a franchise record 47th win.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:21 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say 5 games would be fair. You can see clearly that he didn't do it on purpose, and yes, that should factor in. Of course you shouldn't swing your stick like that when trying to free it, but you're not going to take the time to think about how to remove it. You're going to pull it out as hard and fast as your can to get back into play. It was a freak accident but he should be disciplined for his irresponsible play..
if he wouldnt have held the stick like a baseball bat, and he would not have known that Lovell was standing directly in front of him, then, i would agree with you. However, as the video clearly shows, he is holding the stick the same manner you would hold a baseball bat, and, Lovell is directly in front of him. He is responsible for his stick and i think the league got it right with 15 games. It's a fast pace game, and sometimes it's hard to think of consequences, or what "might" happen, but he still has to maintain control of his stick.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:08 AM
kento19
@kento19

when is nate back? i'm in halifax for the night to catch the moose game. Booked my trip 2 months ago so i could see nate and drouin play huberdeau. Huberdeau is lighting it up in florida and nate is hurt lol. Any chance he's in tonight?

Old
02-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
when is nate back? i'm in halifax for the night to catch the moose game. Booked my trip 2 months ago so i could see nate and drouin play huberdeau. Huberdeau is lighting it up in florida and nate is hurt lol. Any chance he's in tonight?
Highly unlikely.

EDIT: I'll actually upgrade that to a Nope.

Last edited by Kevin Forbes: 02-22-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
c_robio

Last I saw was he's aiming for this Sunday at home vs Bathurst

Old
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

I wish the world had more people like Konrad Abeltshauser... 20 years old and willing to spend his free time improving this world instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Bravo Konrad, Bravo.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Libbs

Tonight's game was kinda... blah.

It was pretty academic from puck drop and never really in doubt. The crowd was pretty dead for most of it.

Let in a goal with 9 seconds left... poor Fucale. That's 2 SO's he should have had but we gave up in the last minute.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:04 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Tonight's game was kinda... blah.

It was pretty academic from puck drop and never really in doubt. The crowd was pretty dead for most of it.

Let in a goal with 9 seconds left... poor Fucale. That's 2 SO's he should have had but we gave up in the last minute.
Fans are saving their voices for the playoffs
What do we need now to lock up home-ice?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
Last I saw was he's aiming for this Sunday at home vs Bathurst
Doubtful ... There's no rush and the team is doing just fine ... These games that aren't against Moncton are essentially meaningless, so I say give him all the time he needs until those Moncton dates, which are a couple weeks away ... No need to put him in the line-up unless he's 110%.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:39 PM
RJQuack

The crowd ... Probably won't be loud until our next Moncton game, and then the playoffs ... What was there to cheer about tonight? lol

I'm wondering what the demand for tickets will be like this year in the first two rounds ... You would think it would nearly impossible to get a ticket, but I'm not so sure the 1st two rounds will be in high demand ... As long as there is some atmosphere for the big games ... If we make it that far

Old
02-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Libbs

Quote:
The crowd ... Probably won't be loud until our next Moncton game, and then the playoffs ... What was there to cheer about tonight? lol

I'm wondering what the demand for tickets will be like this year in the first two rounds ... You would think it would nearly impossible to get a ticket, but I'm not so sure the 1st two rounds will be in high demand ... As long as there is some atmosphere for the big games ... If we make it that far

From experience (2009 OHL Playoffs with Windsor), the first couple of rounds were the lowest with season ticket holders making up a large chunk of the ticket sales. So I'd say for us this year:

Round 1: 7000 per game.
Round 2: 8500 per game.
Round 3: 9500 - sellout per game.
Round 4: sellout every game.

What were the numbers for last years playoffs look like... was it sold out at all?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Libbs

Quote:
What was there to cheer about tonight? lol
There had to have been something because I was practically deaf by games end due to the screaming kid behind me. It wasn't a high pitch squeel like little girls like to annoy you with, but long drawn on WOOOOO's. After they score, after the name was announced, and after they drop the puck after, he would keep doing it. I said to the guy next to me that I was glad we didn't score in the 3rd again because he only had the fights get loud over.

How I felt tonight must have been like what Lovell felt like after Johnston hit a home run with his jaw!

Too soon?

Old
02-23-2013, 12:19 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
From experience (2009 OHL Playoffs with Windsor), the first couple of rounds were the lowest with season ticket holders making up a large chunk of the ticket sales. So I'd say for us this year:

Round 1: 7000 per game.
Round 2: 8500 per game.
Round 3: 9500 - sellout per game.
Round 4: sellout every game.

What were the numbers for last years playoffs look like... was it sold out at all?
I guess when I think about it, attendance will still be pretty good .. Our avg. attendance is 8447 right now, and because all of our playoff games will be on weekends, that should increase it ...

I'd say for us this year I would guess ... (Let's say we play 4 rounds)

Round 1: 8000+ per
Round 2: 8500+ per
Round 3: Sellout
Round 4: Sellout

And the reason I question what attendance will be like is because last big run (2008) our attendance was poor in the playoffs, but last year against Rimouski it was madness .... This years team is much more popular (and better) than '08, and "Moosemania" has perhaps returned ... When I called at 11:02 for Rimouski tickets, two minutes after sales opened, I got row S, 4th last to the back of the upper bowl ... We soldout games in 5 minutes which sucked lol .... I imagine that will be back for this years semis and possibly Finals ..

Old
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
There had to have been something because I was practically deaf by games end due to the screaming kid behind me. It wasn't a high pitch squeel like little girls like to annoy you with, but long drawn on WOOOOO's. After they score, after the name was announced, and after they drop the puck after, he would keep doing it. I said to the guy next to me that I was glad we didn't score in the 3rd again because he only had the fights get loud over.

How I felt tonight must have been like what Lovell felt like after Johnston hit a home run with his jaw!

Too soon?
Lol

and Lol

But yeah, screamers are the worst ... Which is why I love the playoffs ... The number of them gets reduced ... At least I thought so last year. Maybe it was because I was in the upper bowl where there were none because the people who had tickets actually wanted to watch hockey lol.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:40 AM
c_robio

Quote:
Doubtful ... There's no rush and the team is doing just fine ... These games that aren't against Moncton are essentially meaningless, so I say give him all the time he needs until those Moncton dates, which are a couple weeks away ... No need to put him in the line-up unless he's 110%.
Agree with you but..

Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov

Nathan is hoping he can play on Sunday. "@Carewtom: any word on when MacKinnon will return to the lineup?”

Closed Thread