HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/sj

Old
02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Nyr/sj

Boyle, Eminger
for
Handzus, Murray

Rangers get two UFA rentals. Sharks get Eminger for spare D and Boyle for 3rd line C( 1 yr at 1.7 left )

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Boyle, Eminger
for
Handzus, Murray

Rangers get two UFA rentals. Sharks get Eminger for spare D and Boyle for 3rd line C( 1 yr at 1.7 left )
Don't need spare D.

Don't really mind Boyle, though I see him as more of a 4th liner, but we'd need to get rid of Burish to do that.

Also, Handzus has a NTC, so that pretty much kills the whole plan. Also we have Sheppard/Gomez who could take over 3rd line center duties if need be.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Don't need spare D.

Don't really mind Boyle, though I see him as more of a 4th liner, but we'd need to get rid of Burish to do that.

Also, Handzus has a NTC, so that pretty much kills the whole plan. Also we have Sheppard/Gomez who could take over 3rd line center duties if need be.
What would it cost to get Sheppard? Braun?

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:49 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
What would it cost to get Sheppard? Braun?
The players we would likely have interest in would be Hagelin, Kreider, Callahan. I doubt Callahan is available of course, or Kreider, just saying those are the players the Sharks would have value in at this point. We don't have any major holes and all we would be looking for are young wingers with top-6 upside. As far as who would be available, I would guess primarily Clowe, Murray, Demers, Braun, Irwin, Burish, Galiardi, any prospect not named Hertl, any pick. Of course, depending on the player coming back.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
Quote:
The players we would likely have interest in would be Hagelin, Kreider, Callahan. I doubt Callahan is available of course, or Kreider, just saying those are the players the Sharks would have value in at this point. We don't have any major holes and all we would be looking for are young wingers with top-6 upside. As far as who would be available, I would guess primarily Clowe, Murray, Demers, Braun, Irwin, Burish, Galiardi, any prospect not named Hertl, any pick. Of course, depending on the player coming back.
I'd love to get Callahan but none of those players would cut it
Caly + Kreider/Hagelin for Jumbo would be an interesting trade, he would waive to play with his bff Nash right

Really though, Clowe, Braun/Demers for Krieder/Hagelin would help out both teams, Sharks still might need to add depending on exact package.

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Don't need spare D.

can Burish play C? If so maybe. Murray is the key for the Rangers

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Yes, he is a natural center.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
I'd love to get Callahan but none of those players would cut it
Caly + Kreider/Hagelin for Jumbo would be an interesting trade, he would waive to play with his bff Nash right

Really though, Clowe, Braun/Demers for Krieder/Hagelin would help out both teams, Sharks still might need to add depending on exact package.
Rangers are not looking to move Kreider or Hagelin. And as you said Callahan is the captain, he is not going anywhere.
James Sheppard seems to have recovered nicely from the injury and is playing well. Good for him. His value has definitely gone up and he is probably part of the future for you guys.
Since you have so much defensive depth, I was thinking more along the lines Braun for a mid round pick.
Rangers do not have a 4th, would a 3rd do it?

Old
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Since you have so much defensive depth, I was thinking more along the lines Braun for a mid round pick.
We have no reason to give up a promising young #5/6 defenseman to what will amount to scrap.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Rangers are not looking to move Kreider or Hagelin. And as you said Callahan is the captain, he is not going anywhere.
James Sheppard seems to have recovered nicely from the injury and is playing well. Good for him. His value has definitely gone up and he is probably part of the future for you guys.
No, Braun is an NHL defensemen with top-4 upside. Long term, two way, #3/#4 defensemen is basically what he will be (pretty much is now). They are worth more than a 3rd. Plus we are not looking to dump players like that for picks, especially low picks. You want Douglas Murray for a 3rd? Done, but Demers/Braun are only moving if we are getting a hole filled, and the only hole we have is young wingers.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
So your pieces of value are off limits....but the sharks should trade a promising young d-man with upside for a 3rd.... get real, or keep your terrible ideas to yourself.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
You wouldn't want to go there though - Burish is signed for another 3 years after this one at that horrendous cap hit of 1.8 mil... although the Rangers do have deep pockets and can afford to buy him out this summer.

Hell, I'd package Murray + Burish for not much. People last year kept saying a 2nd for Murray was fair... I'd take a 2nd and run.

A third and a middle forward prospect for Worcester and I'd pull the trigger.

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:28 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
So your pieces of value are off limits....but the sharks should trade a promising young d-man with upside for a 3rd.... get real, or keep your terrible ideas to yourself.
Kreider and Hagelin are like our two best young prospects. Without Hagelin we'd be like last in the East right now and Kreider is our entire future. Callahan would only be involved in a stupid trade.

Rangers don't need pieces to round them out, not jumbo joe who can't perform when it counts.

Murray is what i'd be interested in.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Kreider and Hagelin are like our two best young prospects. Without Hagelin we'd be like last in the East right now and Kreider is our entire future. Callahan would only be involved in a stupid trade.

Rangers don't need pieces to round them out, not jumbo joe who can't perform when it counts.

Then send us a 3rd, and done.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:

Nice dig at JT, classy. Guess you haven't watched the playoffs since 2009 have you?

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Nice dig at JT, classy. Guess you haven't watched the playoffs since 2009 have you?
He's been fine, yet San Jose has never taken that next step.

Regardless, we're not going to trade two huge young pieces of our future for an aging Thornton.

years ago, i would have said the rangers would certainly do this, not nowadays.

Kreider and Hagelin are both in there young 20's and are going to be top 6 players for a long time on the rangers.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Not only do you take a pot shot at JT when you have no idea what you are talking about as you clearly haven't watched the sharks in the playoffs for years, but that comment has nothing to do with what you are talking about and instead of bringing some real facts to your statement it makes you look like you have no idea what your talking about, which at this point i would believe is the truth.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
He's been fine, yet San Jose has never taken that next step.
Thanks for clarifying. All this time I thought hockey was a team sport.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:44 PM
hockeyball

I was trying to be pretty respectful here and not trashing any rangers players, in fact I didn't see anyone do that, so I don't see why you would start trashing our players.

We need young top-6 forwards, thats it. We don't need more bottom-6 guys, more defensemen, etc. You asked, I answered. If you don't like the answer, thats totally cool (and I get it), but it's the truth. We have no need for Eminger or Boyle, at all, and we are not desperately looking to dump anyone. Murray would be cheap, that's about it. Everyone else is only available for things that we actually need.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:46 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

No interest in Boyle. But you can have Handzus and Murray for a 2nd+prospect. I don't even want Eminger for free.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:56 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Thanks for clarifying. All this time I thought hockey was a team sport.
Yea, I don't know that.

JT was brought in to help them win a cup. Believe what you want, but when big players aren't on a team that delivers they get knocked for it. It's always been that way and always will be, regardless of what the fans of each specific team want to say.

Lundqvist is arguably the greatest Rangers goalie in team history (or at least he will be once he retires) yet i can admit, if he doesn't win a cup, he will always be knocked for it, as he should be.

Anyways, I know JT has been good in the playoffs the past couple years, but I shouldn't have said that, since the argument is moot.

Regardless, Rangers aren't going to trade 2 massive pieces of there top 6 future, for an aging JT, who while still a top notch player, just doesn't make sense for us to sacrifice the pieces it would take.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Yea, I don't know that.

JT was brought in to help them win a cup. Believe what you want, but when big players aren't on a team that delivers they get knocked for it. It's always been that way and always will be, regardless of what the fans of each specific team want to say.

Lundqvist is arguably the greatest Rangers goalie in team history (or at least he will be once he retires) yet i can admit, if he doesn't win a cup, he will always be knocked for it, as he should be.

Anyways, I know JT has been good in the playoffs the past couple years, but I shouldn't have said that, since the argument is moot.

Regardless, Rangers aren't going to trade 2 massive pieces of there top 6 future, for an aging JT, who while still a top notch player, just doesn't make sense for us to sacrifice the pieces it would take.
There's a difference between saying "always be knocked for it" and saying "can't perform when it counts". The Rangers haven't gotten the hump, could I say that Lundqvist can't perform when it counts and he's just a regular season goalie?
If you just said the bolded that would have been fine. But by adding the stereotypical "choking" label, it really lowers your credibility since it shows how little you know about Thornton.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Yea, I don't know that.

No one really suggested that, it was clearly a joke. Sharks wouldn't do it anyway simply for the fact that JT sells tickets and they are not going to mess with that.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
In what world would the Rangers trade Kreider/Hagelin for #6 guy, promising but still depth dman at this point?
That is laughable.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
In what world would the Rangers trade Kreider/Hagelin for #6 guy, promising but still depth dman at this point?
That is laughable.
Meanwhile Kreider is a healthy scratch. So you could say that he's 'promising, but still a depth forward at this point', right? Or does that only happen with Sharks players?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote