HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 10:04 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Who are some comparisons people have been throwing around for this kid?

I liked him at World Juniors, but still would've liked to see him use his teammates better.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Rick Nash is a comparison I've seen tossed around a bit.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

vCash: 500
Chances he comes over to NA?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Chances he comes over to NA?
That's pretty much the concern, isn't it? ISS had him ranked really high but is he coming over or is he going to spend 5 years in Russia like Kuznetsov?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
That's pretty much the concern, isn't it? ISS had him ranked really high but is he coming over or is he going to spend 5 years in Russia like Kuznetsov?
this

Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Peter25

Quote:
but is he coming over or is he going to spend 5 years in Russia like Kuznetsov?
Hopefully yes.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
The Old Master

i can see him droping because of the r.f. but i hope the pens would trade up to take him anyone interested in moving down?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Dr Quincy

Well we know for sure it's going to be at least another 3 years in Russia.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
kp61c

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Hopefully yes.
u are overly optimistic. more likely its good bye after the end of his current contract. and yes hes outplaying kuz right now. the last few games with his limited ice time hes very iwmpressive. as for these widespread notions about him lacking any hockey sense, well, they are misleading at best

Last edited by kp61c: 02-22-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old
02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Flynn84

Old
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
u are overly optimistic. more likely its good bye after the end of his current contract. and yes hes outplaying kuz right now. the last few games with his limited ice time hes very iwmpressive. as for these widespread notions about him lacking any hockey sense, well, they are misleading at best
I watch the first playoff game yesterday and i was really impress by Nichushkin, he could have scored 1 or 2 more points with some luck. Those who say he lacks hockeysense has probably only watch him in U20 WJC where whole team was playing pretty much individually. Its like me saying Macinnnon is a 4th liner grinder judged by the WJC.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
I watch the first playoff game yesterday and i was really impress by Nichushkin, he could have scored 1 or 2 more points with some luck. Those who say he lacks hockeysense has probably only watch him in U20 WJC where whole team was playing pretty much individually. Its like me saying Macinnnon is a 4th liner grinder judged by the WJC.
Most people can catch a glimpse of MacKinnon in other competitions pretty easily. It's not so easy to watch a KHL game, plus Nichushkin gets limited ice-time against tough competition which makes it even harder to evaluate him.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
Such a powerful stride.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Rick Nash is a comparison I've seen tossed around a bit.
Definitely has a similar skating stride.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Slay

His 2nd goal at 1:32

Old
02-22-2013, 08:32 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
If the Wings do indeed fall this year he's someone who I would love to see them take it's just that darn Russian Factor has me scared . How long is his current contract, and has he come out and said anything about coming over to NA either next year or the year after if possible? Also if his name was Vincent Nichols and he was playing in the OHL would he be in the conversation for the #1 overall pick?

Old
02-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
If the Wings do indeed fall this year he's someone who I would love to see them take it's just that darn Russian Factor has me scared . How long is his current contract, and has he come out and said anything about coming over to NA either next year or the year after if possible? Also if his name was Vincent Nichols and he was playing in the OHL would he be in the conversation for the #1 overall pick?

His contract with the KHL is for 2 more years. He hasn't said anything about coming over before the end of the deal because he simply can't. His deal doesn't allow it. From what I understand, unless the NHL and KHL change their policy with each other there is no chance he'll be in NA until the 15-16 season.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Slay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
He comes, but does it really matter with the Wings when he comes? Considering they take all time in the world with youngsters before they put them in the line-up. He was actually about to come to the CHL but an injury he had changed his mind.

- Летом было много разговоров о том, где вы продолжите карьеру, то вы были уже одной ногой в Канаде, как вдруг остались в Челябинске. Расскажите, что же на самом деле было.

- Уже были куплены билеты в Канаду я был очень настроен, чтобы поехать туда. Клуб был естественно против. У меня проблемы с пахом в прошлом сезоне, где-то играть в полную силу не получалось, мне сказали, что нужно просто отдохнуть и все пройдет. Съездил на отдых, начал тренироваться пораньше, но боль осталась. Пошел к доктору, мне сказали, что это паховая грыжа, а у меня самолет был через восемь дней. Тут понимаю, что смысл туда лететь мало, неизвестно, как там отнесутся к этому, и хотелось пройти хорошую реабилитацию. Когда операцию сделал, то позвонил Кречин Владимир Николаевич (директор "Трактора"), спросил, как себя чувствую, поговорили с ними. Полежал четыре дня в больнице, еще раз взвесил и понял, что лучше останусь тут подготовлюсь, ведь ничего в этом нет такого. А получилось так, как получилось и все хорошо, я очень рад!

- In the summer there were a lot of talks about where you would continue your career. You were one foot in Canada and then suddenly stayed in Chelyabinsk.

- I already had tickets to Canada and was very serious going there. Of course my club was against it. I had problems with the groin last season, sometimes couldn't play at 100%, I was told to just take a rest and it will go away. I went to vacation, started training little earlier but the pain was still there. I went to a doctor, I was told that I got inguinal hernia, but I had a flight to Canada in 8 days. And then I realized that there was not much point taking the flight, I wasn't sure how they would treat this situation, and I wanted to have a good rehab. After the surgery Krechin Vladimir Nikolayevich (Traktor's director) called me, asked how I feel, we talked. I spend 4 days in hospital, I weighed everything again, and decided that I rather stay and develop here, there is nothing wrong in it. So it went the way it went, and it went well and I am very glad!

http://m.rsport.ru/interview/20130207/643857554.html

Last edited by Slay: 02-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 04:48 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Most people can catch a glimpse of MacKinnon in other competitions pretty easily. It's not so easy to watch a KHL game, plus Nichushkin gets limited ice-time against tough competition which makes it even harder to evaluate him.
travelto Russia to watch MHL/VHL. Any problem?

Old
02-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
He comes, but does it really matter with the Wings when he comes? Considering they take all time in the world with youngsters before they put them in the line-up. He was actually about to come to the CHL but an injury he had changed his mind.

- Летом было много разговоров о том, где вы продолжите карьеру, то вы были уже одной ногой в Канаде, как вдруг остались в Челябинске. Расскажите, что же на самом деле было.

- Уже были куплены билеты в Канаду я был очень настроен, чтобы поехать туда. Клуб был естественно против. У меня проблемы с пахом в прошлом сезоне, где-то играть в полную силу не получалось, мне сказали, что нужно просто отдохнуть и все пройдет. Съездил на отдых, начал тренироваться пораньше, но боль осталась. Пошел к доктору, мне сказали, что это паховая грыжа, а у меня самолет был через восемь дней. Тут понимаю, что смысл туда лететь мало, неизвестно, как там отнесутся к этому, и хотелось пройти хорошую реабилитацию. Когда операцию сделал, то позвонил Кречин Владимир Николаевич (директор "Трактора"), спросил, как себя чувствую, поговорили с ними. Полежал четыре дня в больнице, еще раз взвесил и понял, что лучше останусь тут подготовлюсь, ведь ничего в этом нет такого. А получилось так, как получилось и все хорошо, я очень рад!

- In the summer there were a lot of talks about where you would continue your career. You were one foot in Canada and then suddenly stayed in Chelyabinsk.

- I already had tickets to Canada and was very serious going there. Of course my club was against it. I had problems with the groin last season, sometimes couldn't play at 100%, I was told to just take a rest and it will go away. I went to vacation, started training little earlier but the pain was still there. I went to a doctor, I was told that I got inguinal hernia, but I had a flight to Canada in 8 days. And then I realized that there was not much point taking the flight, I wasn't sure how they would treat this situation, and I wanted to have a good rehab. After the surgery Krechin Vladimir Nikolayevich (Traktor's director) called me, asked how I feel, we talked. I spend 4 days in hospital, I weighed everything again, and decided that I rather stay and develop here, there is nothing wrong in it. So it went the way it went, and it went well and I am very glad!

http://m.rsport.ru/interview/20130207/643857554.html
If there ever was a "career saving injury" it was this. This injury might have literally saved Nichushkin's career since it prevented him from going to the CHL to ruin his career.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Oan

I hope he somehow ends up in NA next season just to see Peter25 get all worked up about how he destroyed his career.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
I hope he somehow ends up in NA next season just to see Peter25 get all worked up about how he destroyed his career.
He has a valid contract with Traktor for two more years!

Old
02-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Peter25

And why would he move to Canadian juniors next year when he has proven that he can play in the KHL right now? If he would break his contract and move to the CHL it would be the most idiotic decision he could ever make. Next season he could be a star in the KHL.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:50 AM
tenho995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
If there ever was a "career saving injury" it was this. This injury might have literally saved Nichushkin's career since it prevented him from going to the CHL to ruin his career.
agreed.

Just how many times this has been proven already.. and nobody is saying theres ANYTHING wrong with chl - its a great place to develop, but for russian players development moving to NA at age of 17 is bad in every single way

Old
02-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Oan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
agreed.

Just how many times this has been proven already.. and nobody is saying theres ANYTHING wrong with chl - its a great place to develop, but for russian players development moving to NA at age of 17 is bad in every single way
What makes russians so different that it's a good place for anyone else but them?

Closed Thread