HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jeff Skinner (entirely speculative)

Old
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Roboturner913
Bros Before Ahos

vCash: 500
Jeff Skinner (entirely speculative)

This is coming from nowhere but idle fan talk, but there is a serious discussion on the Canes board about Jeff Skinner's noggin and the possibility of trading him before he takes one too many hits to the head.

Value seems hard to define - on the one hand, he has the head issue and a fairly large contract for such a young guy. On the other hand he has 40-goal ability and such a dynamic style that people will go buy tickets just to watch him play.

Thoughts?

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Anth93

I think he's usually the best or second best player on the ice each time I watch him. I think he has the chance to be great, but I don't see a reason for Carolina to ever trade him. Concussions pretty much take you off the market when you'd have to give up a premium.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
I don't think he gets traded. He's a very smart player, he'll adapt his game.

I do think he's a bit reckless in that sense. Did he get a concussion from the Fraser hit? I think he put himself in a vulnerable position there..

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Roboturner913
Bros Before Ahos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I don't think he gets traded. He's a very smart player, he'll adapt his game.

I do think he's a bit reckless in that sense. Did he get a concussion from the Fraser hit? I think he put himself in a vulnerable position there..
It was the one where he slid a distance into the boards on his backside. Looked like a neck issue at first. That one wasn't so much his fault, the one along the boards was though.

He'll definitely have to change his game a little bit if he wants to survive, that's for sure.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Pancakes

He reminds me a lot of a young Crosby with the way he skates and the reckless abandon he plays with.

He'll learn to dial it back. Crosby learned that the hard way after suffering a lot of injuries. Now he plays a lot more conservative in the corners for the most part. It's hurt his board play a bit but it's resulted in him being a lot less of a risk to get hurt and he still has the feisty board play in his back pocket for big moments in a game where he needs it.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
What happens when you move him for say RoR, and then RoR gets concussed. You flip him too?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Roboturner913
Bros Before Ahos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
What happens when you move him for say RoR, and then RoR gets concussed. You flip him too?
Small-market team on a tight budget cannot afford to pay $6M a year for a vegetable, and with the Staals around it's not like he'll ever be the face of the team.

Like I said, it's nothing more than idle talk.