HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/22/13 panthers v Pitt. an alien has landed?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  #1
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
2/22/13 panthers v Pitt. an alien has landed?

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
  #2
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
How good has that Neal trade worked out for the Pens. Him and Malkin scare me as much as any tandem in the league.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
  #3
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
My hopes is the D instinctively works hard to help the kid as much as possible. I'm confident on him on lst saves.
Jeez b2b against an angry Pittsburgh team.

This'll be fun. My kingdom for a point.

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:24 AM
  #4
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
My hopes is the D instinctively works hard to help the kid as much as possible. I'm confident on him on lst saves.
Jeez b2b against an angry Pittsburgh team.

This'll be fun. My kingdom for a point.
Any word on our pairings? scratches?

A lock is obviously the Huber-Mules-Shore line together against Cooke-Malkin-Neal? That'll be interesting. That line will be up against the elite tonight. I have a weird feeling in my gut Markstrom has a solid game tonight and we battle hard.

An OT loss is sufficient but a character win tonight would boost our confidence and breathe new life into this season. I hope Markstrom is in net for this game, I'm feeling a little nervous back to back against an angry penguins team but it's mixed with some confidence in the team that showed up in Philly last night.

T-minus 6hrs 36mins til the debut of our Giant Cat?

CanadianPanther is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
  #5
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Any word on our pairings? scratches?

A lock is obviously the Huber-Mules-Shore line together against Cooke-Malkin-Neal? That'll be interesting. That line will be up against the elite tonight. I have a weird feeling in my gut Markstrom has a solid game tonight and we battle hard.

An OT loss is sufficient but a character win tonight would boost our confidence and breathe new life into this season. I hope Markstrom is in net for this game, I'm feeling a little nervous back to back against an angry penguins team but it's mixed with some confidence in the team that showed up in Philly last night.

T-minus 6hrs 36mins til the debut of our Giant Cat?
Twitter is a quiet.

Assuming no practice.

KD becoming famous for tight lip on lineups till game time; just look at last night.

Pennsylvania salivated for us "kittens" to come thru so lets see if we can further surprise.

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
  #6
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:03 PM
  #7
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
in a couple of years time opposing fans will be looking at our starting lineup and feeling the same anxiety.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:44 PM
  #8
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
in a couple of years time opposing fans will be looking at our starting lineup and feeling the same anxiety.
I hope so. We probably don't have a Malkin or Crosby in the works, but you never know!

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
  #9
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
I hope so. We probably don't have a Malkin or Crosby in the works, but you never know!
In today's nhl, what makes the pens successful is their ability to roll quality scoring lines and defense, not having superstars (Although it doesn't hurt).

We are still basically a one line team right now because no body other than Hubs, mueller, and shore can get their act together other than sporadic flashes from kopecky or mathias.

I'm hoping in the near future adding bjugstad and perhaps howden we will be able to roll some more consistent lines than just one.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 PM
  #10
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 50
It could be Markstrom or Theo really for tonight. Or ride the hot hand and go with Clemmer again

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
  #11
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
In today's nhl, what makes the pens successful is their ability to roll quality scoring lines and defense, not having superstars (Although it doesn't hurt).

We are still basically a one line team right now because no body other than Hubs, mueller, and shore can get their act together other than sporadic flashes from kopecky or mathias.

I'm hoping in the near future adding bjugstad and perhaps howden we will be able to roll some more consistent lines than just one.
I think the Hubs, Shore, Mueller line is here to stay, and should be quite deadly for years to come. In an ideal world, prospects like Howden, Grimaldi, Rau, Trochek, Knight, etc. will come in and contribute to their abilities, what we must have is Bjugstad come in and give us domination down the middle. If he can become a major player for us, our offense is going to be quite formidable. We arent going to hit on all of our prospects, but just two of the ones mentioned, outside of the line, would be perfect!

pb1300 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:07 PM
  #12
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
In today's nhl, what makes the pens successful is their ability to roll quality scoring lines and defense, not having superstars (Although it doesn't hurt).

We are still basically a one line team right now because no body other than Hubs, mueller, and shore can get their act together other than sporadic flashes from kopecky or mathias.

I'm hoping in the near future adding bjugstad and perhaps howden we will be able to roll some more consistent lines than just one.
True. I think even when M & C were hurt simultaneously they still maintained a winning record.

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
  #13
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 500
Should we pick up Mursak and waive Clemmer?

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
  #14
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Should we pick up Mursak and waive Clemmer?
No, because if Clemmer doesn't get claimed we get stuck with extra salary. And he played well last night.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:47 PM
  #15
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
No, because if Clemmer doesn't get claimed we get stuck with extra salary. And he played well last night.
Wait a minute, never mind. I am thinking Mursak is a goalie... what am I thinking.

I'm thinking of Petr Mrazek.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  #16
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Wait a minute, never mind. I am thinking Mursak is a goalie... what am I thinking.
Mrazek

RampageNate is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
  #17
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Mrazek
Thanks

EDIT: Do we have space for Mursak? Wouldn't hurt right?

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
  #18
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres
 
Zatch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Johnstown
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
awesome game against philly guys. Hooberdoo looks awesome. Curious to see how he does against us.

Zatch88 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  #19
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Thanks

EDIT: Do we have space for Mursak? Wouldn't hurt right?
Undersized, AHL level talent guy with 4 pts in 46 NHL games. If you want a guy like that, just bring up Rheault.

(but really, don't do that...we kind of need him down here)

RampageNate is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
  #20
Scottyb123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Any word on when Versteeg is supposed to return to your lineup?

Scottyb123 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  #21
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
awesome game against philly guys. Hooberdoo looks awesome. Curious to see how he does against us.
im hoping he doesnt get hurt.

Please dont hurt any of us.

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
  #22
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
No, because if Clemmer doesn't get claimed we get stuck with extra salary. And he played well last night.
job saving performance. much more aggressive and improved angles (except for the one fiasco he recovered from)

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
  #23
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Undersized, AHL level talent guy with 4 pts in 46 NHL games. If you want a guy like that, just bring up Rheault.

(but really, don't do that...we kind of need him down here)
If we claimed Mursak, then we can send Santorelli back down to San Antonio. That way everyone wins and we actually help out San Antonio in the process too. I can actually see Tallon claiming Mursak for depth purposes and he's cheap at $550K in salary.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
  #24
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
If we claimed Mursak, then we can send Santorelli back down to San Antonio. That way everyone wins and we actually help out San Antonio in the process too. I can actually see Tallon claiming Mursak for depth purposes and he's cheap at $550K in salary.
Even though he's just not very good?

RampageNate is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  #25
manifestodestiny
Registered User
 
manifestodestiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
I'm kind of worried for this game. Back to back games are difficult, especially when it is a blow-out.

I'm really curious to see how the "Kid" line holds up. They all played 17+ minutes, which is not too much; however, I am not sure if they'll be fresh-enough to defeat a rested Penguins.

manifestodestiny is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.