HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Florida Panthers at Pittsburgh Penguins | Feb. 22nd 7:00 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 09:45 AM

vCash: 500
Just came in from NJ and found out PensGear John has stomach cancer. Good luck to him along the way.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
WVU71

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

The all left shot PP and the all right shot PP

Old
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
SteelFish87*

time to insert Jeffrey imo

Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
WVU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
time to insert Jeffrey imo
As long as it isn't for Vitale...but from practice lines that is what is looks like

Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU71 View Post

#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

My God Bylsma is really making it hard for me to not hate him.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
As long as it isn't for Vitale...but from practice lines that is what is looks like
If I'm Vitale, I'm honestly wondering what the **** more I have to do to stay in the lineup.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
There are almost no coaches that bench/scratch their better players so complaining about Bylsma's unwillingness to do that is a bit silly, imo.

The only coach I can think of who does that is Torts and even he barely ever does it.
Disagree. Vets get benched numerous times across the league every season. Just off the top of my head in the last couple of weeks....

Carlyle just healthy scratched JML and Komisarek. Goose was a healthy scratch. Ryan Whitney, Hal Gill, Ryan Smyth, Roman Hamrlik, J. Leopold and Tyler Myers were all recent healthy scratches. DB just has issues making his vets accountable, it's one of his weaknesses, but people make excuses for it.

Anyway, in regards to BB, DB said he would give him three games on the third line, then move him up to the second line. This was according to the NBC crew.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

How bad does TK have to be to get scratched for once in his life?

I'd also like to see boychuk in the lineup again. Shero has to unload some guys, haha

Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
WVU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
If I'm Vitale, I'm honestly wondering what the **** more I have to do to stay in the lineup.
Couldn't agree more.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Big win expected tonight. Crosby hat-trick would be nice.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
I know fan opinion differs from Bylsma's, but he's not going to bench Tyler Kennedy, yet anyways. He wants to give Jeffrey some ice time, they're not going to sit Bennett, Kennedy or Adams, so Vitale may be the odd man out for Jeffrey to get some playing time.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Random Oracle

vCash: 121
Looking on the bright side, maybe Kennedy is being showcased for a trade.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I know fan opinion differs from Bylsma's, but he's not going to bench Tyler Kennedy, yet anyways. He wants to give Jeffrey some ice time, they're not going to sit Bennett, Kennedy or Adams, so Vitale may be the odd man out for Jeffrey to get some playing time.
Considering Kennedy scored a goal against the Flyers, there's no way he's being taken out of the lineup.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Shady Machine

Forget Kennedy, who I hope is being given consistent time to showcase for a trade, why can't we sit old man Adams for a game? He has played very well, but his role is replaceable and getting some rest here and there wouldn't hurt in this condensed season.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
wgknestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Forget Kennedy, who I hope is being given consistent time to showcase for a trade, why can't we sit old man Adams for a game? He has played very well, but his role is replaceable and getting some rest here and there wouldn't hurt in this condensed season.
Or sitting Glass. I still can't imagine a reality where you ever think Adams or Glass give you a better chance to win than Boychuck or Jeffrey (even if they are only on the 4th line). Vitale, DJ, ZB is one hell of a 4th line IMO. Too bad we'll never see it. Not near enough players on that line who can't score (Bylsma's opinion).

Byslma needs to start spreading the ice time better along his lines. Our top players have started to look gassed out there in the last couple of games.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I know they aren't going to bench Kennedy or Adams. That's the problem.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:57 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
There is literally nothing Adams can possibly do to be benched. Bylsma's personnel decisions are a complete joke.

#Pens Jeffrey: It's an opportunity. If I have a good game hopefully I can stay in the lineup. You want to play every night

Or in Jeffrey's case, even when you do have good games, you're not guaranteed to get in the next one.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Disagree. Vets get benched numerous times across the league every season. Just off the top of my head in the last couple of weeks....

Carlyle just healthy scratched JML and Komisarek. Goose was a healthy scratch. Ryan Whitney, Hal Gill, Ryan Smyth, Roman Hamrlik, J. Leopold and Tyler Myers were all recent healthy scratches. DB just has issues making his vets accountable, it's one of his weaknesses, but people make excuses for it.

Anyway, in regards to BB, DB said he would give him three games on the third line, then move him up to the second line. This was according to the NBC crew.
All of those guys are on the tail end of their careers with the exception of Goligoski and Myers and Whitney has been ruined by injuries.

How many guys that are young and in their prime get benched? It's rare. It took Tyler Myers being ridiculously awful to get benched. Nobody on our team, including TK, has played as badly as Myers has.

I mean yeah if you look at your list there's some big names there, but like I said most are at the tail end of their careers.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Merc29
Sid ney Cr os by

Dear god just let it be better than Wednesday

Old
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

So, you're scratching Vitale, probably our best energy player, so that Jeffrey can play 4th line center with glass and adams? you call that giving him a shot? wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. unbelievable.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:39 AM
wtbipyo

Quote:
There is literally nothing Adams can possibly do to be benched. Bylsma's personnel decisions are a complete joke.

#Pens Jeffrey: It's an opportunity. If I have a good game hopefully I can stay in the lineup. You want to play every night

Or in Jeffrey's case, even when you do have good games, you're not guaranteed to get in the next one.
Jeffrey after the reporters turned off their mics...

"Ummm...guys...do you have any idea what I did in that one game with Geno and Neal-er where I made some slick passes and had a couple great scoring chances only to get benched for a waiver pick-up? Oh, and now Joey V and I are battling for a 4th line center spot. I need a pep talk. Anyone have Eric or Brian or Ben's cell #?"

#dayinthelifeofapenguinnotnamedkunitzdupuisnealcoo kekennedyadamsglasscrosbymalkin

Old
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
So, you're scratching Vitale, probably our best energy player, so that Jeffrey can play 4th line center with glass and adams? you call that giving him a shot? wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. unbelievable.
And doesn't Vitale win 1564048 percent of his draws? In all honesty, Joey V would be perfect for the 2nd line. Energy, wins draws, GRINDS.

I like Beau, a lot, but DB is making some bone head moves with our roster.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Pancakes

Quote:
I'm not saying Vitale deserved to be benched, but what exactly has Adams done that warrants benching? He's been terrific this year.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:

Yes, get Letang off that first unit.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
It really does bother me when Vitale is out of the line up. It really does.

Closed Thread