HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Florida Panthers at Pittsburgh Penguins | Feb. 22nd 7:00 PM ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 09:45 AM
  #51
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,278
vCash: 500
Just came in from NJ and found out PensGear John has stomach cancer. Good luck to him along the way.

#66 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
  #52
WVU71
Registered User
 
WVU71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

The all left shot PP and the all right shot PP

WVU71 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
  #53
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
time to insert Jeffrey imo

SteelFish87* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  #54
WVU71
Registered User
 
WVU71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
time to insert Jeffrey imo
As long as it isn't for Vitale...but from practice lines that is what is looks like

WVU71 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  #55
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU71 View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

The all left shot PP and the all right shot PP
My God Bylsma is really making it hard for me to not hate him.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #56
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU71 View Post
As long as it isn't for Vitale...but from practice lines that is what is looks like
If I'm Vitale, I'm honestly wondering what the **** more I have to do to stay in the lineup.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
  #57
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
There are almost no coaches that bench/scratch their better players so complaining about Bylsma's unwillingness to do that is a bit silly, imo.

The only coach I can think of who does that is Torts and even he barely ever does it.
Disagree. Vets get benched numerous times across the league every season. Just off the top of my head in the last couple of weeks....

Carlyle just healthy scratched JML and Komisarek. Goose was a healthy scratch. Ryan Whitney, Hal Gill, Ryan Smyth, Roman Hamrlik, J. Leopold and Tyler Myers were all recent healthy scratches. DB just has issues making his vets accountable, it's one of his weaknesses, but people make excuses for it.

Anyway, in regards to BB, DB said he would give him three games on the third line, then move him up to the second line. This was according to the NBC crew.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
  #58
OnMyOwn
Extremist
 
OnMyOwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: State College
Country: United States
Posts: 8,805
vCash: 500
How bad does TK have to be to get scratched for once in his life?

I'd also like to see boychuk in the lineup again. Shero has to unload some guys, haha

OnMyOwn is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
  #59
WVU71
Registered User
 
WVU71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
If I'm Vitale, I'm honestly wondering what the **** more I have to do to stay in the lineup.
Couldn't agree more.

WVU71 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
  #60
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Big win expected tonight. Crosby hat-trick would be nice.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 AM
  #61
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
If I'm Vitale, I'm honestly wondering what the **** more I have to do to stay in the lineup.
I know fan opinion differs from Bylsma's, but he's not going to bench Tyler Kennedy, yet anyways. He wants to give Jeffrey some ice time, they're not going to sit Bennett, Kennedy or Adams, so Vitale may be the odd man out for Jeffrey to get some playing time.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
  #62
Random Oracle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 121
Looking on the bright side, maybe Kennedy is being showcased for a trade.

Random Oracle is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
  #63
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I know fan opinion differs from Bylsma's, but he's not going to bench Tyler Kennedy, yet anyways. He wants to give Jeffrey some ice time, they're not going to sit Bennett, Kennedy or Adams, so Vitale may be the odd man out for Jeffrey to get some playing time.
Considering Kennedy scored a goal against the Flyers, there's no way he's being taken out of the lineup.

Shockmaster is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
  #64
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 500
Forget Kennedy, who I hope is being given consistent time to showcase for a trade, why can't we sit old man Adams for a game? He has played very well, but his role is replaceable and getting some rest here and there wouldn't hurt in this condensed season.

Shady Machine is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
  #65
wgknestrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Forget Kennedy, who I hope is being given consistent time to showcase for a trade, why can't we sit old man Adams for a game? He has played very well, but his role is replaceable and getting some rest here and there wouldn't hurt in this condensed season.
Or sitting Glass. I still can't imagine a reality where you ever think Adams or Glass give you a better chance to win than Boychuck or Jeffrey (even if they are only on the 4th line). Vitale, DJ, ZB is one hell of a 4th line IMO. Too bad we'll never see it. Not near enough players on that line who can't score (Bylsma's opinion).

Byslma needs to start spreading the ice time better along his lines. Our top players have started to look gassed out there in the last couple of games.

wgknestrick is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
  #66
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I know fan opinion differs from Bylsma's, but he's not going to bench Tyler Kennedy, yet anyways. He wants to give Jeffrey some ice time, they're not going to sit Bennett, Kennedy or Adams, so Vitale may be the odd man out for Jeffrey to get some playing time.
I know they aren't going to bench Kennedy or Adams. That's the problem.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:57 AM
  #67
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Forget Kennedy, who I hope is being given consistent time to showcase for a trade, why can't we sit old man Adams for a game? He has played very well, but his role is replaceable and getting some rest here and there wouldn't hurt in this condensed season.
There is literally nothing Adams can possibly do to be benched. Bylsma's personnel decisions are a complete joke.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens Jeffrey: It's an opportunity. If I have a good game hopefully I can stay in the lineup. You want to play every night

Or in Jeffrey's case, even when you do have good games, you're not guaranteed to get in the next one.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
  #68
Pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Disagree. Vets get benched numerous times across the league every season. Just off the top of my head in the last couple of weeks....

Carlyle just healthy scratched JML and Komisarek. Goose was a healthy scratch. Ryan Whitney, Hal Gill, Ryan Smyth, Roman Hamrlik, J. Leopold and Tyler Myers were all recent healthy scratches. DB just has issues making his vets accountable, it's one of his weaknesses, but people make excuses for it.

Anyway, in regards to BB, DB said he would give him three games on the third line, then move him up to the second line. This was according to the NBC crew.
All of those guys are on the tail end of their careers with the exception of Goligoski and Myers and Whitney has been ruined by injuries.

How many guys that are young and in their prime get benched? It's rare. It took Tyler Myers being ridiculously awful to get benched. Nobody on our team, including TK, has played as badly as Myers has.

I mean yeah if you look at your list there's some big names there, but like I said most are at the tail end of their careers.

Pancakes is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
  #69
Merc29
Sid ney Cr os by
 
Merc29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minot, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 2,260
vCash: 500
Dear god just let it be better than Wednesday

Merc29 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
  #70
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres
 
Zatch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Johnstown
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
So, you're scratching Vitale, probably our best energy player, so that Jeffrey can play 4th line center with glass and adams? you call that giving him a shot? wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. unbelievable.

Zatch88 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:39 AM
  #71
wtbipyo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
There is literally nothing Adams can possibly do to be benched. Bylsma's personnel decisions are a complete joke.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens Jeffrey: It's an opportunity. If I have a good game hopefully I can stay in the lineup. You want to play every night

Or in Jeffrey's case, even when you do have good games, you're not guaranteed to get in the next one.
Jeffrey after the reporters turned off their mics...

"Ummm...guys...do you have any idea what I did in that one game with Geno and Neal-er where I made some slick passes and had a couple great scoring chances only to get benched for a waiver pick-up? Oh, and now Joey V and I are battling for a 4th line center spot. I need a pep talk. Anyone have Eric or Brian or Ben's cell #?"

#dayinthelifeofapenguinnotnamedkunitzdupuisnealcoo kekennedyadamsglasscrosbymalkin

wtbipyo is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  #72
wtbipyo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
So, you're scratching Vitale, probably our best energy player, so that Jeffrey can play 4th line center with glass and adams? you call that giving him a shot? wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. unbelievable.
And doesn't Vitale win 1564048 percent of his draws? In all honesty, Joey V would be perfect for the 2nd line. Energy, wins draws, GRINDS.

I like Beau, a lot, but DB is making some bone head moves with our roster.

wtbipyo is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  #73
Pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
There is literally nothing Adams can possibly do to be benched. Bylsma's personnel decisions are a complete joke.
I'm not saying Vitale deserved to be benched, but what exactly has Adams done that warrants benching? He's been terrific this year.

Pancakes is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
  #74
PensFanSince1989
Registered User
 
PensFanSince1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU71 View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

The all left shot PP and the all right shot PP
Yes, get Letang off that first unit.

PensFanSince1989 is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
  #75
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
It really does bother me when Vitale is out of the line up. It really does.

ColePens is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.