HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Anderson Injury - Sprained Ankle, Update: 4 April 2013 - Ready to Go!

Old
02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
I thought we (the Leafs) were having injury problems.... you guys are losing every key player on your team.

You guys have won 3 straight though, and that is something. Shows how good your depth is, and that you guys have a coach in Paul McLean.

It's odd, both Ottawa and Toronto have coaches that are seemingly perfect to see.

Lets hope for a good game tomorrow night, and that both teams are healthy for the playoffs... and a playoff matchup? (That the Leafs win of course )

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i know sens fans are pretty steamed this morning but if you look at it, its really hard to blame kreider on that play. he was driving hard to the net and he stepped on methot's stick/was tripped and slid into the goalie. it was unfortunate, but i don't think it was a "dirty" play. guys have to drive to the next in this league. i don't think he would have continued and plowed right into andy if he hadnt have lost his feet beforehand. it really sucks for us, but i have a hard time "blaming" kreider for that play.

was IS kind of weaselly though is tortorella's comment after the game- that he "doesn't have sympathy" for the player. the appropriate answer to that question should have been, "you never like to see a player get hurt but our guy was tripped and it was an accident". you don't say just flat out "no, i don't have sympathy" and move on. torts just aint a nice man.
Why should Torts care? He is trying to get his team a playoff seed. You think he's jumping for joy facing one of the league leaders? Whatever makes his job easier is good for him. He's just being honest man. Like...if the Canadiens lose Price, Plekanec and co. to injuries what do you expect MacLean to say? He'll talk about his team.

ANd yes, the play was fine.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

vCash: 500
Good to see this is only day to day. Last night when the injury happened it looked way more serious especially when he fell down after he was attempting to stand up.

02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Leaf fan coming in peace. As much as i love the Ontario rivalry, watching your guys fall to injury is disheartning. I hope Anderson is not badly injured, he's been a stud.

Keep on fighting guys.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
There are rumblings that Craig Anderson walked into Scotiabank Place this morning, without so much as a limp. Will follow up #nhl #sens

ANDERSON WILL NOT DIE.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:50 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace. As much as i love the Ontario rivalry, watching your guys fall to injury is disheartning. I hope Anderson is not badly injured, he's been a stud.

Keep on fighting guys.
Chrissakes...all these classy Leaf fans are making it hard for me to hate them irrationally. Quick, send over TML Gunners from your board to make me hate you again.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Chrissakes...all these classy Leaf fans are making it hard for me to hate them irrationally. Quick, send over TML Gunners from your board to make me hate you again.
Oh no worries....come Saturday i'll give you plenty of reasons....(hint, i shall be watching from a certain arena which a certain team wishes i wouldn't be)

Old
02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Oh no worries....come Saturday i'll give you plenty of reasons....(hint, i shall be watching from a certain arena which a certain team wishes i wouldn't be)
Hint: that doesn't bother people nearly as much as Leafs fans seem to think it does.

Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
Hint: that doesn't bother people nearly as much as Leafs fans seem to think it does.
Oh i know, i have been to multiple games at Scotia, have always been treated great!! Now the Bell center.....that's another story.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Ice Hockey

not happy about Anderson's injury. Tons of respect for your team and fanbase in general. I'm a hockey fan 1st and a NYR fan 2nd.

i know this thread is about Anderson but when i saw what happened to karlsson i was extremely pissed off, so i can only imagine how you guys feel right now. imo karlsson along with subban are, right now, 2 of the best to ever lace em up. sickening to see what happened to him.

i hope your goalie gets better and karlsson returns speedier than estimated cuz you guys have a helluva team. i think you can still get it done (playoffs) regardless because your team has heart which is something the rangers lack now. and neal. i want that guy in a blue sweater.

as for torts comments, nothing he says is going to uninjure anyone. he is crass at times and focuses specficially on his team. hope y'all understand.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
There are rumblings that Craig Anderson walked into Scotiabank Place this morning, without so much as a limp. Will follow up #nhl #sens

ANDERSON WILL NOT DIE.
Well sure, not sure there are many cases of sprained ankles killing people.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Smarmy the Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
On the other hand, I was upset at Pierre McGuire's handling of the same question this morning. "Injuries happen." ********, teams don't usually lose the Norris champion and front-runner, their #1 centre, and the leading GAA & SV% (early Vezina candidate) at the same time. And the first two out long-term. That's not even mentioning Michalek.

It seemed like he didn't want to indulge any whining. But c'mon, you have to admit it couldn't get much worse for any team in the league.
I generally enjoy McGuire, but he's been a bit of a ***** lately. I'm not sure what his issue with Steve Warne is but he's pretty rude and it's not very enjoyable listening to him.

There are so many other good analysts (and a lot of them are on the Team - York, Simmer, Galley, etc) who aren't huge jerks, and McGuire doesn't really offer anything that special.

This isn't because I'm a homer, either - I don't need him to validate our self-pity. He's just kind of an unpleasant personality who can never admit he was wrong (even when, like with Lindy Ruff, he literally said the wrong thing the day before).

Smarmy the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
I blamed Kreider yesterday just to troll. Totally accidental.
I doubt it. It's tough to read intent on that play, but this guy was "falling" all over the place all game. If it was a skate problem he'd have fixed it at some point before the 3rd period. At best he was taking a dive in a really dangerous area, IMO.

What I do know is that given this play, the Karlsson one, Hansen on Hossa, etc. is that if you really wanted to you could do a lot of really dangerous things in the NHL and get away with it as long as you make it look vaguely like an accident.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Well sure, not sure there are many cases of sprained ankles killing people.
Well, in old English times it was a kiss of death....

Old
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
I doubt it. It's tough to read intent on that play, but this guy was "falling" all over the place all game. If it was a skate problem he'd have fixed it at some point before the 3rd period. At best he was taking a dive in a really dangerous area, IMO.

What I do know is that given this play, the Karlsson one, Hansen on Hossa, etc. is that if you really wanted to you could do a lot of really dangerous things in the NHL and get away with it as long as you make it look vaguely like an accident.
His balance is piss poor. I'm assuming he was trying to get to the net as quick as possible and make an abrupt stop or something... or maybe circle around.

You can get away with being reckless pretty easily it seems, though. I agree there.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Someone out there paid off Satan or something.

It's the only explanation to all these injuries

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
The thing about torts is he speaks what's ACTUALLY on his mind to the press a lot more then other coaches. I'm sure most other coaches would pretend to sympathize over anderson's injury when in reality they could give a damn. No coach cares about the opposing team's injuries, they're only concerned about their own team.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
The thing about torts is he speaks what's ACTUALLY on his mind to the press a lot more then other coaches. I'm sure most other coaches would pretend to sympathize over anderson's injury when in reality they could give a damn. No coach cares about the opposing team's injuries, they're only concerned about their own team.
It was a pretty dumb question to ask.

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
I blamed Kreider yesterday just to troll. Totally accidental.
I'd say it was accidentally on purpose.

Ie, he knew that he had an opportunity to try and draw a penalty and take a free run at the goalie and so just dropped. It is one of those things that every player of that type does - and occasionally causes injury on the goalkeeper... This was one of those times.

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Rielly Good

Is there any news On a return date? Someone dropped him in hockey pool. Thinking of picking him up.

Rielly Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:29 PM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly Good View Post
Is there any news On a return date? Someone dropped him in hockey pool. Thinking of picking him up.
You should pick him up. Could be back this week. Next week at the latest probably.

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
wilfred

how much longer is he out for any updates

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
I think he has re-aggravated the injury. Two weeks ago he was on the ice skating and even took some shots. Now he isn't even on the ice and Paulrus is refusing to give us any updates. Not good.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
PinkPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
I think he has re-aggravated the injury. Two weeks ago he was on the ice skating and even took some shots. Now he isn't even on the ice and Paulrus is refusing to give us any updates. Not good.
Is he still listed as day to day or has he been placed on IR list?

PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

vCash: 4734
Yeah this is starting to scare me.

I mean we had Karlsson on pace for the Norris again and Anderson may well have won the Vezina had he not gotten injured. That would be huge for the franchise.

Besides him giving the team a better chance to win from game to game I mean.

Senscore is offline   Reply With Quote