HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The Official "I Hate Tyler Kennedy" Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
gordie

vCash: 500
Don't blame Kennedy blame the guy that needs to scratch him out of the lineup for his own good. Being a favorite with this coaching looks like it isn't always a positive thing.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:35 PM
SidsBackhand

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis

Bennett/Cooke-Malkin-Neal

Bennett/Cooke-Sutter-Boychuk/Jeffrey

Glass-Vitale-Adams

I would say keep TK on the 4th line, but they've been good with puck control together. And we all know Vitale is the one stirring the pot. Glass/Adams are much better defensively and add more to the PK.

That's how they should do it, and for God's sake Shero. Dump this 2 million dollar, useless player while you have the chance. Get more picks to stockpile together as part of a package deal for The Missing Winger. Or just trade him straight up with picks and a prospect if the other party involved is stupid enough to do it.

That's how I'd do it. Dump Kennedy and his salary ASAP, his value will only continue to drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Are the same people who were complaining about how soft our forward corps is the ones who'd be okay with Jeffrey and Boychuk as our 3rd line wingers?
Jeffrey is finesse for sure, but Boychuk isn't soft, he hits. But let's say that they were both softies, just for argument's sake. You never take toughness over skill. Now, if Kennedy brought both of those to the table then he would be a good fit. He brings reckless toughness and very little skill. This combination leads to continuous turnovers and lost puck battles.

The only place Kennedy could be a sniper would be in the military. Lord knows he's had plenty of practice aiming for the heart. He's practically a natural...

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Don't blame Kennedy blame the guy that needs to scratch him out of the lineup for his own good. Being a favorite with this coaching looks like it isn't always a positive thing.
Yeah the who favoritism thing...it's becoming a recurring problem. Tangradi was selfishly held onto for too long, the Pens could have gotten a much higher pick for him a few years ago.

I don't know who keeps playing favorites. Whether it's Shero or Disco or both: Stubbornly wishing for production from stale players is unacceptable.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
I want the Kennedy of old back, the one who was a buzzsaw and made life difficult for opposing defensemen with his relentless puck pursuit.

I don't know who this current guy is wearing #48. The only thing he has in common with the old Kennedy is his love of chest sniping.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Jeffrey is finesse for sure, but Boychuk isn't soft, he hits. But let's say that they were both softies, just for argument's sake. You never take toughness over skill. Now, if Kennedy brought both of those to the table then he would be a good fit. He brings reckless toughness and very little skill. This combination leads to continuous turnovers and lost puck battles.

The only place Kennedy could be a sniper would be in the military. Lord knows he's had plenty of practice aiming for the heart. He's practically a natural...
Believe me, my argument wasn't meant to favor TK.

However, I do disagree that you take "skill" over "toughness" every time. There are plenty of guys on this roster who you wouldn't consider skilled that still put up solid goal totals (Kunitz, Dupuis, Cooke, Sutter). The last thing we need are 2 guys on our checking line who, max, will put up similar point totals to Kennedy and do even less of the little things.

Our 3rd line next season should be Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis. TK gone, and a top-6 forward acquired (Bennett should be ready for full time top-6 duty next year).

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Believe me, my argument wasn't meant to favor TK.

However, I do disagree that you take "skill" over "toughness" every time. There are plenty of guys on this roster who you wouldn't consider skilled that still put up solid goal totals (Kunitz, Dupuis, Cooke, Sutter). The last thing we need are 2 guys on our checking line who, max, will put up similar point totals to Kennedy and do even less of the little things.

Our 3rd line next season should be Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis. TK gone, and a top-6 forward acquired (Bennett should be ready for full time top-6 duty next year).

Dupuis, Kunitz, Cooke, and Sutter all have passing skills and excellent hands. They possess both skill and toughness, but I understand where you're coming from.

About next season too, totally agree.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I wouldn't mind seeing Holzapfel get a look in Kennedy's spot on the third line.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Holzapfel get a look in Kennedy's spot on the third line.
Imagine the glee in Bob Errey's voice every game as he attempts to pronounce his name or apply a full retard nickname. All you Erreyites will no doubt feel that you have achieved hockey fan nirvana.

"Holzalafel with the incredible vision; look how he played that puck off the boards, Steigy! Incredible! I smell a Falafel and it's making me hungry!"

"I saw Bob going down.. going to town (excuse me!) on a plate full of Falafels last week... he didn't go down as hard as Flight 93 though... that was a plane crash of course..."

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Imagine the glee in Bob Errey's voice every game as he attempts to pronounce his name or apply a full retard nickname. All you Erreyites will no doubt feel that you have achieved hockey fan nirvana.

"Holzalafel with the incredible vision; look how he played that puck off the boards, Steigy! Incredible! I smell a Falafel and it's making me hungry!"
He wears 26, so I there's a greater chance of Steigerwald repeatedly calling him Steve Sullivan, I think. Or maybe he'll just see the 6 and think Sutter is on a line with himself.

All kidding aside, I really do think his play this year has warranted a look.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Jacob

I've always been a Kennedy fan, but there's no question that, outside of the first 2 games, he's sucked this year so far.

I think he'll be alright.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Are the same people who were complaining about how soft our forward corps is the ones who'd be okay with Jeffrey and Boychuk as our 3rd line wingers?
does having Kennedy there change that at all?

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I want the Kennedy of old back, the one who was a buzzsaw and made life difficult for opposing defensemen with his relentless puck pursuit.

I don't know who this current guy is wearing #48. The only thing he has in common with the old Kennedy is his love of chest sniping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
TK, the greatest chest sniper the NHL has ever known.
I wish they'd use a different jersey when he's practicing.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

I've been a big TK defender in the past, but that seems like an eternity ago now. The guy just sucks at this point. Sit him down and see what you can get out of Jeffrey or Boychuk on that 3rd line. It couldn't be any worse than what you're already getting.

Of course this will never happen though. There is a specific rule in Dan Bylsma's contract that states he can't play more than 1 rookie forward in the lineup on any given day, unless injuries dictate otherwise, and even still he has to exhaust all options to find a veteran. I think it also might state somewhere that any mistake said rookie makes, means they have to have their ice time cut in half.

Last edited by MrBurgundy*: 02-22-2013 at 11:14 AM.
MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

And at long last... the outliers come to see the true nature of the MBP. Progress has been made.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellor vitale View Post
and at long last... The outliers come to see the true nature of the mbp. Progress has been made.
mbp?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Pancakes

I don't hate him, but I am disappointed in his play.

I still think he's got the potential to get hot and be really useful for us. People may forget now, but when all our stars were down that one year, TK really helped carry us. He also used to be an absolutely pivotal part of perhaps the best third line in the league. He was a demon with puck possession and cycling.

I think he still has it in him to be that player, but maybe a change of scenery would do him good at this point. Sadly, he must have next to no trade value right now given the way he has played.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:44 AM
ZapRowsdower13
FROstige Worldwide!

Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
mbp?
The Man Bear Pig, unless Chancellor is throwin us all a curve.

ZapRowsdower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Coming Soon, to a Theatre Near You:

Make it happen Shero!!

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:56 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Well I know what that was. I just never saw it shortened like that before lol.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I don't know about that but I know he's dating that intern from the fan who likes to jump from C list athletes like Palko & Talbot. Can't think of her name.

So we're essentially ignoring the fact he's produced very well on the third line for four or five years because he's had a bad start this year?
Someone has to be the whipping boy, Pens fans would be lost if they traded TK

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Coming Soon, to a Theatre Near You:

Make it happen Shero!!
You'll rue the day you posted this when Shero sends a 2nd round pick with that MBP and brings back PMB and his cap hit.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
DockEllisExperience

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote