HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Suspension - 2 games

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
0ilerman
The King

vCash: 500
We'd be screaming for capital punnishment if this incedent was flipflopped and Clutterbuck delivered the cheap shot.

It was a dangerous and dirty play. I'm ok with a 4 game suspension

Old
02-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Krueger and Hall just had a long talk on ice before practice began.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ilerman View Post
We'd be screaming for capital punnishment if this incedent was flipflopped and Clutterbuck delivered the cheap shot.

Oh for sure we would and the majority would be saying it should be at least 5 games for Clutter.

Hopefully something like this will spark some emotion into these otherwise boring ass games.

Really the reaction is pretty in line with most fan bases response. Plus it's easy to feel less emotion since it was Clutter a guy who's made a career injuring Oilers. If it was Parise or Koivu or PMB that Hall hit I would be a bit more sensitive, not much but a bit less of a homer.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:12 PM
AK Dandyman

This is what Hall should bring up to defend in the hearing:

Look at the video in slowmo first, that's what happened. I just wish all the people saying it's knee on knee, puck was long gone had a look before criticizing without even looking at it carefully. It's just as reckless to criticize without reviewing it carefully.

Before the hit:
- Clutterbuck actually had the puck right in front of himself, then puck kept bouncing,
- he started cutting to the middle diagonally and tried to use his left skate to control the puck towards the direction he's turning,
- but he missed the puck with his skate.

- Hall was already committed to going the same direction where Clutterbuck was turning.
- he could've been anticipating that Clutterbuck would be able to control the puck with skate and the puck would've been right there, but he might not have anticipated Clutterbuck would miss. Hall did not change direction right before making contact,

During the hit:
- point of FIRST contact was Hall's hip into Clutterbuck thigh & hip, and, Hall's knee into inside of Clutterbuck's knee, all at the same time.
- Hall's got Clutterbuck in between his leg, and it's not those classic dirty sticking out the knee hit where the contact was only between the two players knee.

It's reckless because Hall wasn't able to let up when Clutterbuck missed taking the puck with his skate and the puck bounced away, but if Matt Cooke can be reckless with raising his leg and push down on Karlsson's achilles, and Olver shoulder catching the chin of an unsuspected Tarasenko, and with both gotten away with nothing, How can they suspend Hall? If they say recklessness should be suspended in those 2 other scenarios, I would have no problem if they suspend Hall for a game.

If they suspend Hall, then it's because they're tired of these reckless plays and need to make and example out of it which unfortunately may be Hall in this case.

And as for the injured player being Clutterbuck. I don't like seeing player getting injured like that even it is Clutterbuck. He is a victim on this no doubt. Also want to mention though, how many other players in the league have been victimized and injured by dirty, late, or borderline hits delivered by Clutterbuck? I also don't like seeing those too.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Hall likes to finish his checks? He's thrown a whopping 10 hits all year.
This. I was at the game, I saw him finish two hits on the forecheck. That's it.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
awesomo
HARD!

He finishes his checks when he's mad. Against LA he walloped doughty at the end

Old
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I wonder what was said............

Old
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
0ilerman
The King

Quote:
Oh for sure we would and the majority would be saying it should be at least 5 games for Clutter.

Hopefully something like this will spark some emotion into these otherwise boring ass games.

Really the reaction is pretty in line with most fan bases response. Plus it's easy to feel less emotion since it was Clutter a guy who's made a career injuring Oilers. If it was Parise or Koivu or PMB that Hall hit I would be a bit more sensitive, not much but a bit less of a homer.
I just see it as a reckless play. Hall plays the game with little caution and calculation...he sees things and reacts.

It makes him a dangerous player in many ways. He can score and create offence, run himself headfirst in to the boards, or blow up an opponents knee. We've seen all of the above, now.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
I wonder what was said............

Krueger said to go Sergeant Schultz and plead the 5th...."I know nothing!"

Old
02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Soundwave

It's going to be 1 game max.

How many 3+ game suspensions does the NHL hand out? Very few, and there are incidents like this every week.

He didn't target the head, he didn't make a motion to purposely stick his knee out, it wasn't even a knee on knee hit.

It's a charley horse resulting from a hip check gone wrong. People crying for 3-4 games need to get over themselves.

Honestly Clutterbuck might be lucky it was a lower body impact, because he would've absolutely been blasted into the middle of next week if Hall timed it just a millisecond better and got him with a full body impact.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 3831
Quote:
I just see it as a reckless play. Hall plays the game with little caution and calculation...he sees things and reacts.

It makes him a dangerous player in many ways. He can score and create offence, run himself headfirst in to the boards, or blow up an opponents knee. We've seen all of the above, now.
I thought Clutterbuck had a charley horse? Or did that change?

Old
02-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:

Kind of reminds me of a guy in the HOF and a great leader in his time who used to wear #11 for the Oilers.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 3831
Quote:

Your watching the wrong sport if that hit upset you or think its worthy of a 4 game suspension.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Oh for sure we would and the majority would be saying it should be at least 5 games
And how often did we see an actual suspension to the players that did that to an Oiler .....never

Old
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
At least 2 games.

The league doesn't wanting him scoring another hat-trick against Chicago with their streak on the line.
Well, to be fair, the league probably wants our 'streak' to continue to by suspending Hall...making us a worse team and picking 1st overall again

Old
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Moose Coleman

If a hip check gone wrong gets more than two games, might as well go for the head next time.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 1499
I watched it again and it looks like a hipcheck. Even the wild announcers admitted that it wasn't a knee on knee. I say he gets 1 game at the most

Old
02-22-2013, 01:47 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Long is more like a few mins Rishaug blows stuff out of proportion tries to make a story out of anything

@dantencer: A 3 or 4 minute on-ice chat between Taylor Hall and Ralph Krueger before practice starts...unlikely that Hall speaks to media before hearing

Old
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
The Moose

Any word on Clutterback injury? Apparently he was on the plane to Calgary. If he had a blown ACL, they would probably send him back to Minnesota.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
HAMMY5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
That photo has been altered. Look at the length of Hall's legs.Since he received a game misconduct late in the game, he should get 1 game. If the medical records show the primary point of contact is Clutterbuck's thigh, that pretty much puts the "kneeing" allegation to rest.

Looks like its been a picture taken off a Tv Screen witch makes it look altered.

as for Hall 2 Games I think.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moose View Post
Any word on Clutterback injury? Apparently he was on the plane to Calgary. If he had a blown ACL, they would probably send him back to Minnesota.
His knee is fine...

Old
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
okgooil

Meh, they should let him of with a fine. I know this will seem like a homer but it just wasn't that bad. I honestly think Clutterbuck was faking. the hit was on the thigh, not the knee. If you look at it when contact was actually made Hall lead with his shoulder and his leg was straight. it was thigh on thigh when the hit happened.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Craig Button is closest in saying that it's not kneeing, but it might be interference. He says 2 games for interference.

I disagree. It's almost interference, but it's not interference, because Clutterbuck attempts to play the puck. It's very clear from the video that it goes through his legs and he attempts to kick at it to play it. The fact that he misses is his fault, Hall is already committed to the hit.

Attempting to play the puck? You're fair game for a hit.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Big fat zero.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Gotta appreciate these Wild fans coming to our board to explain the rules of hockey to us and give us their unbiased opinion.

Closed Thread