HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

You can have Clowe and Demers...What'll you give me?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Connor McSaviour

vCash: 50
Pajaarvi and Petry?

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
So we're downgrading two players just for a 3rd round pick? Why would the Sharks do this?. If we're not getting any improvement in speed, there is no reason to trade Clowe. And how is Postma the centerpiece in this deal? Demers is a RHD with a great first pass, great speed, and great physicality. The difference is, he's already NHL proven and he's already a fit on the second PP unit.
Postma is an NHL calibre defenseman, the only reason the Jets are considering moving him is because they already have a surplus of PMDs. I have no idea if he's a downgrade on Demers. Honestly I have no real idea how good Demers is, I just assumed he's being used as the 7th dman for the Sharks and therefore was someone you wanted to upgrade. So replace Demers with whatever defenseman you think Postma would be an upgrade over. Make no mistake though, Postma is just fine as a bottom pairing guy.

Didn't realize speed was the upgrade you were looking for. In that case, maybe there's a deal to be made involving Little? He's got plenty of speed, only issue is that he doesn't play the left side.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Postma is an NHL calibre defenseman, the only reason the Jets are considering moving him is because they already have a surplus of PMDs. I have no idea if he's a downgrade on Demers. Honestly I have no real idea how good Demers is, I just assumed he's being used as the 7th dman for the Sharks and therefore was someone you wanted to upgrade. So replace Demers with whatever defenseman you think Postma would be an upgrade over. Make no mistake though, Postma is just fine as a bottom pairing guy.

Didn't realize speed was the upgrade you were looking for. In that case, maybe there's a deal to be made involving Little? He's got plenty of speed, only issue is that he doesn't play the left side.
The problem is that the Sharks don't need D. Demers is only being used as a 7th because the coaches for some reason love Murray. He's played like a 4th when he had consistent playing time and at worst, he's still a 5th.

Little is definitely an interesting piece, I assumed he wasn't available. What type of package would you be looking for?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
We really do not need any defensemen. We have quality defensemen coming out of our ears. Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Irwin, Murray, Petrecki, Tennyson, Acolotse...

I actually like Antropov, so I am ok with that part. We really are looking for forwards/prospects, not d-men, in any deal. Picks are ok too, depending on the player.
Ok, well in that case we may not be the best trading partners.

Jets defensive situation isn't great now with Enstrom out indefinitely and Redmond done for the year, but it's still the strength of the organization. Pretty much any deal to be made with the Jets would involve assets on our blueline.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Clowe's just snakebit right now. They're going to want him come playoff time. As for Demers, if the Sharks were willing to move him, which they're not, he'd be attractive to about 29 other teams.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
The problem is that the Sharks don't need D. Demers is only being used as a 7th because the coaches for some reason love Murray. He's played like a 4th when he had consistent playing time and at worst, he's still a 5th.

Little is definitely an interesting piece, I assumed he wasn't available. What type of package would you be looking for?
I have my doubts that he's actually being shopped, it's just I'm not as big on Little as other Jets fans are. I do really like his defensive game and his chemistry with Ladd and Wheeler, but he stands out as a player I'd be interested in upgrading.

Keep in mind, he's still an RFA at the end of this season. Looking at the Sharks roster, I don't see any guys with expiring RFA contracts that interest me (well yeah, there's this one guy, but...yeah ).

I just don't think Jets-Sharks are good trading partners.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Clowe's just snakebit right now. They're going to want him come playoff time. As for Demers, if the Sharks were willing to move him, which they're not, he'd be attractive to about 29 other teams.
He's not just snakebit. Snakebit implies he is doing all the little things right and it's just not paying off. Havlat is Snakebit at the moment, for example.

Clowe is, right now, terrible at hockey. He is not only not scoring goals, he is not doing the little things right either, and he is actively dragging down his line mates with him. If he doesn't improve we will absolutely be adding by subtracting if we just benched him. It's that bad, and it's not the first time he's going through a LONG stretch of this kind of play (last time it was about 48 games worth).

What Clowe needs is a change of scenery. He's a good player who can be great at times, but right now he's hurting his team more than helping.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote