HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
im not turning this into a Holmgren hate thread or whatever DFF. If you want to bump that Holmgren thread from last week feel free. Otherwise you will just be talking to yourself in this thread on the subject.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Honestly how do we feel about Jay Bouwmeester people? He has played pretty well this year in Calgary, and if we can get them to retain some salary, would you pull the trigger on a deal for him?
I honestly havent seen enough of him this year to comment. Given his contract I would probably only consiter it if one our top 4 go down for the year. Not sure what Calgary is even wanting in return and I sure am not interested in trading a top 6 forward for him.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 500
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports General Managers Paul Holmgren and Peter Chiarelli chatted for the entire second-period intermission of Tuesday’s games between the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. Could a deal could be brewing between the Philadelphia Flyers and Boston Bruins?
“It’s the second time that Chiarelli has spent time personally watching the Flyers players as he also was in the press box for Philadelphia’s January 22nd game against the New Jersey Devils. It’s no secret that Philly has stumbled out of the gate and needs major defensemen help with the injuries they’ve sustained along their blue line, and that Boston has good NHL depth with seven capable guys on the Boston roster along with at least four able-bodied blueliners (Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski, David Warsofsky and Zach Trotman) ready to help an NHL club from the AHL level.”
And, as Haggerty points out, the Boston squad is said to be interested in adding a scoring winger and forward depth.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...45&feedID=5364

Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I honestly havent seen enough of him this year to comment. Given his contract I would probably only consiter it if one our top 4 go down for the year. Not sure what Calgary is even wanting in return and I sure am not interested in trading a top 6 forward for him.
Somebody on the main board say blue chip prospect and 1st rounder. I don't think they will actually get both. I could easily see Homer(only if we keep up the good play) give up a first and a prospect for him. Especially if they retain some of that cap hit.

I haven't been the biggest fan of him, but he would help our d out greatly. He can skate the puck out of the zone and into the offensive zone, which we have only one other defender who can do that.

I believe he could become the 10-15 goal scoring defender he was in Florida. He really just needs to get out of that hell that is called Calgary. That team is just dreadful, and has been for way to long.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports General Managers Paul Holmgren and Peter Chiarelli chatted for the entire second-period intermission of Tuesday’s games between the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. Could a deal could be brewing between the Philadelphia Flyers and Boston Bruins?
“It’s the second time that Chiarelli has spent time personally watching the Flyers players as he also was in the press box for Philadelphia’s January 22nd game against the New Jersey Devils. It’s no secret that Philly has stumbled out of the gate and needs major defensemen help with the injuries they’ve sustained along their blue line, and that Boston has good NHL depth with seven capable guys on the Boston roster along with at least four able-bodied blueliners (Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski, David Warsofsky and Zach Trotman) ready to help an NHL club from the AHL level.”
And, as Haggerty points out, the Boston squad is said to be interested in adding a scoring winger and forward depth.

Torey Krug interests me from Boston. He's really undersized, but he put up good numbers in college and continued to play well in the AHL.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Somebody on the main board say blue chip prospect and 1st rounder. I don't think they will actually get both. I could easily see Homer(only if we keep up the good play) give up a first and a prospect for him. Especially if they retain some of that cap hit.

I haven't been the biggest fan of him, but he would help our d out greatly. He can skate the puck out of the zone and into the offensive zone, which we have only one other defender who can do that.

I believe he could become the 10-15 goal scoring defender he was in Florida. He really just needs to get out of that hell that is called Calgary. That team is just dreadful, and has been for way to long.
Is there a limit on how much salary cap hit they can retain? He has a 6.8 million dollar cap hit. Unless they can retain most of it we would have to move significant salary to be cap compliant next year.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
chinatown81592
TeddyBridgewater2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Is there a limit on how much salary cap hit they can retain? He has a 6.8 million dollar cap hit. Unless they can retain most of it we would have to move significant salary to be cap compliant next year.
I believe a team can retain up to 50%

Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't give a first or a blue chipper for Bouwmeester. He couldn't cut it in Calgary when they had a decent lineup and he's never had playoff success anywhere he's been (he's never even had playoff success in junior hockey). The last time Bouwmeester played in any sort of playoffs was 2004 - 2005 and in the 18 games he appeared in with the Chicago Wolves, he had 0 points. 0 points. If the Jay Feester is asking for a first and a blue chipper for Bouwmeester, he must be high because there's no way that Bouwmeester is worth both, let alone one of each. I'll say it right now - Bouwmeester will be a compliance buy out with that ridiculous contract of his.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
PALE PWNR

Idk what I would give for Bouwmeester. They would have to eat 50 pct of the cap hit for me to even consider it. And that would probably raise the price we pay in trade. It would probably cost a 1st and Laughton even then I don't think its the best anyone can offer either.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't give a first or a blue chipper for Bouwmeester. He couldn't cut it in Calgary when they had a decent lineup and he's never had playoff success anywhere he's been (he's never even had playoff success in junior hockey). The last time Bouwmeester played in any sort of playoffs was 2004 - 2005 and in the 18 games he appeared in with the Chicago Wolves, he had 0 points. 0 points. If the Jay Feester is asking for a first and a blue chipper for Bouwmeester, he must be high because there's no way that Bouwmeester is worth both, let alone one of each. I'll say it right now - Bouwmeester will be a compliance buy out with that ridiculous contract of his.
How do the buyouts work? I wouldn't mind getting him that way if we can. He may be able to rediscover his offensive game in Lavy's system with a good set of offensive forwards in front of him.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Idk what I would give for Bouwmeester. They would have to eat 50 pct of the cap hit for me to even consider it. And that would probably raise the price we pay in trade. It would probably cost a 1st and Laughton even then I don't think its the best anyone can offer either.
I wouldn't offer Laughton at all. If we continue to climb in the standings I would consider our first. If we are playing inconsistently like we have been by the deadline, I wouldn't consider it at all.

Say we are in the 5-8 range near the deadline, I would consider something like 1st, Manning, 3rd rounder/4th rounder(I believe we have Columbus 4th rounder). (only if Calgary retains half his salary.) Maybe they try to work a big deal for Jaybo and Iggy?

Hartnell-Giroux-Iggy
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Read-Couts-Briere
Rinaldo-Feds-Talbot

Kimmo-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Mez-Jaybo

Lol.... f the salary cap.

Last edited by Prongo: 02-21-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
I wouldn't offer Laughton at all. If we continue to climb in the standings I would consider our first. If we are playing inconsistently like we have been by the deadline, I wouldn't consider it at all.

Say we are in the 5-8 range near the deadline, I would consider something like 1st, Manning, 3rd rounder/4th rounder(I believe we have Columbus 4th rounder).
I guess we are eating the full salary as well? Because theres no way theres not another team that beats that deal. Manning is a 22 y/o d prospect that is like 12th on our depth chart with 4 games of NHL experience and very little offensive upside. If not Laughton then maybe Gus. If we acquire Bouwmeester theres no reason to keep him anyway. I'm pretty sure hes on his last year of his ELC, why would he sign here when we have a defense of;

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Bouwmeester-Meszaros

Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

I'd be in to that. I wonder what it would take. Picks and/or prospects or if they would want a roster player or more?
Well I think after this year, or perhaps close to deadline Calgary may want to try and start a full on rebuild.

Living in AB it seems it's what Feester wants or has alluded too.

So picks/prospects may do it, esp if we buy out Briere.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:10 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:

I wouldnt give up anything but a late round pick or a minor league forward. Ive seen those guys in Providence when they have come up here in the past. pretty meh all around.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Prongo
Beer

Sell sell sell sell sell sell!!!

Old
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

CLAIM DIPIETRO NOW

Old
02-22-2013, 11:53 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I wouldnt give up anything but a late round pick or a minor league forward. Ive seen those guys in Providence when they have come up here in the past. pretty meh all around.
From what I have seen and read about these guys (which, admittedly is not much), it looks like they wouldn't really be an upgrade over anyone we currently have, at least on the recent lineup plus Mez when he is back (Timonen, Schenn, Coburn, Gus, Grossmann, Gervais, + healthy Mez). Now, if there is another injury and we need to fill a hole that is a different story.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:57 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

im not really interested in a depth defenseman at this point. Once Mez gets back they will have Gus,Foster,Gervais, and Lilja who can play the #6. I hope Gus sticks around but we know how young defenseman are played in Philly. Even if one of those guys go down we still dont need to make a deal for a depth defenseman.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Ryker

Yeah, no need to get third pairing defensemen. Even with Meszaros out, Gervais and Gustafsson are perfectly capable of filling that role, and Foster is satisfactory, as well. If you get a defenseman, get someone that's really good.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

I'm going to toss out this name for discussion, since we've been bandying around different players the Flames might deal in a fire (so to speak) sale: Mike Cammalleri. High cap hit ($6 mil) for 1 year after this one, on pace for 15 goals and 41 points. He hasn't been spectacular for the Flames this season, from what (little) I've seen, but who has? I do remember his time with Montreal, particularly in 2010 when they went on their Cinderella playoff run – I just wish I could remember who eliminated them – and Cammalleri was nearly unstoppable in the first two series.

I'm just thinking that if he could tap into that scoring touch again, he might be the shoot-first complement to Giroux and Hartnell. And he wouldn't cost as much to land as Iginla or Bouwmeester.

I'm lukewarm to this idea, particularly as Holmgren needs another $6 million contract like a hole in the head, but I'm just stoking the conversational fire.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm going to toss out this name for discussion, since we've been bandying around different players the Flames might deal in a fire (so to speak) sale: Mike Cammalleri. High cap hit ($6 mil) for 1 year after this one, on pace for 15 goals and 41 points. He hasn't been spectacular for the Flames this season, from what (little) I've seen, but who has? I do remember his time with Montreal, particularly in 2010 when they went on their Cinderella playoff run – I just wish I could remember who eliminated them – and Cammalleri was nearly unstoppable in the first two series.

I'm just thinking that if he could tap into that scoring touch again, he might be the shoot-first complement to Giroux and Hartnell. And he wouldn't cost as much to land as Iginla or Bouwmeester.

I'm lukewarm to this idea, particularly as Holmgren needs another $6 million contract like a hole in the head, but I'm just stoking the conversational fire.

I have no clue what it would cost the flyers but I will say that his reglar seasons are decent but he is a playoff super hero. He just seems to have a 2nd gear once April starts.......

Old
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I have no clue what it would cost the flyers but I will say that his reglar seasons are decent but he is a playoff super hero. He just seems to have a 2nd gear once April starts.......
When I think of Cammalleri (being a Montreal resident), I think of his visualization routine before a playoff game in 2010:

Then again, he might just have Tourette's.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
healthyscratch

Flyers/Blues?

Per @mattbrigidi, Blues GM Doug Armstrong is at WFC for second time in a row. @TheFourthPeriod notes he watched Leafs-Philly in TOR, too.
5:41pm - 25 Feb 13

Old
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Per @mattbrigidi, Blues GM Doug Armstrong is at WFC for second time in a row. @TheFourthPeriod notes he watched Leafs-Philly in TOR, too.
5:41pm - 25 Feb 13
As long as Homer doesn't blow the team up again ill be fine

Old
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Shattenkirk please

Closed Thread