Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Who were the 2? Kirwan and ?
With all the people posting with 'sources' on here, you would think they would get the other kid who has signed correctly, even after I left it open for a day . Dennis Yan is the one who signed. Him and Kirwan are the only ones who have officially signed at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I am not saying that Tiger is right or wrong, and all I wanted to state was that my sources in Michigan have stated that Werenski will go the US route. I am not saying it is etched in stone, but just what I heard from reliable sources. Things may change.
And thats fine. Nothing wrong with that. Oddly, it seems that there are a few posters on here who really, really want guys like Yan, Korostelev and Werenski out of the mix. Wish 'Wingman' would follow up on my question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
They weren't just leaked by some nobody either, USHR is reporting it (pay site but you can see a few of the names).
Ive seen the article, USHR just suggests that they are guys the US program has extended invites out too. There is a Chicago based player that they have also offered a spot too. Thus far just the two have officially signed.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Ive seen the article, USHR just suggests that they are guys the US program has extended invites out too. There is a Chicago based player that they have also offered a spot too. Thus far just the two have officially signed.
Tory Dello?

Old
02-19-2013, 06:47 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Tory Dello?
Christian Fischer.

02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Christian Fischer.
Thanks. Do u think Dello will be offered a spot? He is an excellent prospect.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Thanks. Do u think Dello will be offered a spot?
Depends. No one knows what rules (or deals) are in place between the USHL and NTDP regarding the tender rule players (rule just came back) and Dello signed a tender with the Tri-City Storm already.

If he's not in play I'd think it's the tender issue.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Depends. No one knows what rules (or deals) are in place between the USHL and NTDP regarding the tender rule players (rule just came back) and Dello signed a tender with the Tri-City Storm already.

If he's not in play I'd think it's the tender issue.
I may be wrong but I believe if he is offered a USNTDP spot, Try city will let him to go. Isnt that part of the tender rule ?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:39 AM
orangeandblack

If the USNTDP gets Yan, Kirwan, Greenway, Warren, Gates, Fischer. Then can also lure Bracco, Tkachuk, Aibel, Robbie Jackson and Hannifin and Werenski on the back end they are looking extremely strong.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:26 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack View Post
If the USNTDP gets Yan, Kirwan, Greenway, Warren, Gates, Fischer. Then can also lure Bracco, Tkachuk, Aibel, Robbie Jackson and Hannifin and Werenski on the back end they are looking extremely strong.
It is a National team that picks players from all over the US they should be a strong team.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM
orangeandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
It is a National team that picks players from all over the US they should be a strong team.
Yeah, Im aware of that. Point is if they get that core, it would be one of the strongest teams on paper going into the season in the programs history. They don't get all the top players every year, and they definitely miss on some under the radar kids.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
jfb392

The OHL Cup is quickly starting to fill up.

Marlboros and Ottawa Senators clinched last night, along with Eastern Ontario, Elgin-Middlesex and Waterloo who already had over the last few days.
Additionally, In The O is reporting that Don Mills, Jr Canadiens, Rebels, and Red Wings have been invited from the GTHL, along with Oakville from the SCTA, Thunder Bay, the NOHA All-Stars, and three US all-star teams (I think both Elite Hockey and TPH have announced they're coming this year).

That means there's five spots still available with the OMHA winners and other invites yet to be decided (all pretty easy calls I'd guess).
That just leaves the Alliance invite.. London Gold or Kitchener?

Last edited by jfb392: 02-20-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 08:55 PM
doogie24

Quote:
The OHL Cup is quickly starting to fill up.

Marlboros and Ottawa Senators clinched last night, along with Eastern Ontario, Elgin-Middlesex and Waterloo who already had over the last few days.
Additionally, In The O is reporting that Don Mills, Jr Canadiens, Rebels, and Red Wings have been invited from the GTHL, along with Oakville from the SCTA, Thunder Bay, the NOHA All-Stars, and three US all-star teams (I think both Elite Hockey and TPH have announced they're coming this year).

That means there's five spots still available with the OMHA winners and other invites yet to be decided (all pretty easy calls I'd guess).
I haven't seen Kitchener this year and am not sure about their depth regarding OHL prospects, but i'm assuming London would trump them in that regard.

Yet the Jr Rangers took care of London in the playoffs and would undoubtedly feel snubbed if they didn't go, and the Jr Knights did. Tough spot for the "selection committee"

Old
02-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Call me Suds

I bet it's been asked 200 times in here but I didn't see it on the random pages I clicked on. When is the OHL Draft?

Old
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Suds View Post
I bet it's been asked 200 times in here but I didn't see it on the random pages I clicked on. When is the OHL Draft?
April 6th @ 8am

Old
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:

London Gold definitely trumps the Jr Rangers. I'd fully expect them to earn the spot.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
mapleleaf979

Does anyone else think Dylan Strome to Kingston is a done deal? Id say its pretty close to that. There is mutual interest and the fit is perfect. A big playmaking centerman to play with Bennett and Watson. Ikonen will not be there much longer.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Petes1

Quote:
Does anyone else think Dylan Strome to Kingston is a done deal? Id say its pretty close to that. There is mutual interest and the fit is perfect. A big playmaking centerman to play with Bennett and Watson. Ikonen will not be there much longer.
If Niagara ends up with the higher pick, do they take him?

By the end of this weekend, the gap between Kingston and Niagara could be a point, with Kingston having games in hand.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
If Niagara ends up with the higher pick, do they take him?

By the end of this weekend, the gap between Kingston and Niagara could be a point, with Kingston having games in hand.
I think Kingston has the edge. Niagara having traded for Ryan Strome after being with Barrie and than Ryan's career took off. Im sure that helps his little brother reporting there yes for sure.

I think the Petes will go after Stephens, even if he isnt rated top 5 on most lists and for some not even a top 10 anymore. If u have your agent telling u that the Petes and Fronts are interested. Many kids will want to and will make a choice and the team that is not chosen will be told that via player agent. Others will say, Ill go anywhere Im drafted. I know a few top players dont want to go to a certain team or teams.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Petes1

Quote:
I think Kingston has the edge. Niagara having traded for Ryan Strome after being with Barrie and than Ryan's career took off. Im sure that helps his little brother reporting there yes for sure.

I think the Petes will go after Stephens, even if he isnt rated top 5 on most lists and for some not even a top 10 anymore. If u have your agent telling u that the Petes and Fronts are interested. Many kids will want to and will make a choice and the team that is not chosen will be told that via player agent. Others will say, Ill go anywhere Im drafted. I know a few top players dont want to go to a certain team or teams.
If he'll report, and he gets past Erie, I'd be surprised if the Petes didn't take Spencer. They will lose 2 defencemen at the end of this year, and potentially 4 more in 2 years. They are thin on defencive prospects having not drafted one until the 6th round last year. They have an abundance of forwards.

If it was anyone else though, Stephens would be the least surprising person. The team loves their local connections.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
If he'll report, and he gets past Erie, I'd be surprised if the Petes didn't take Spencer. They will lose 2 defencemen at the end of this year, and potentially 4 more in 2 years. They are thin on defencive prospects having not drafted one until the 6th round last year. They have an abundance of forwards.

If it was anyone else though, Stephens would be the least surprising person. The team loves their local connections.
They will know long before draft day what they will do, the kid they select will almost certainly be there on that Saturday morning.

I agree, they need a defenseman. But maybe they arent too sure about if Cornel can produce at this level, next year. Who knows. They could in my opinion select a defenseman in the second round to crack the roster going into camp this August/September. They have Kingston and London's 2nd round picks, I believe. So those top 3 picks should do wonders, IF they can get who they want.

I think they can almost expect to see Day and Spencer gone. If they think they will draft #3 and they want to go Dman, they would probably look at Henley, Mcfadden, Schlichting, Lizzotte, Walters, C.White, Vande Sompel as options. But if the most highly skilled player on the board is a forward like Crouse, Mackenzie,Konecny, Speers, Stephens, Korostelev then maybe they go that route. They will make sure the kid will report 100% weeks before the draft.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:18 PM
U of C Trojan

I am sure deals are starting to happen. How many Americans will not committ and are taken in later rounds by teams. I think Konecney goes first to Ottawa, that is the rumour, Strome to Erie, Crouse to Kingston. Spencer will likely not report to Peterborough, they may take Korestelev. Rumour Stephens to Oshawa or Saginaw. Word is no agents / advisor are pushing Peterborough.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by U of C Trojan View Post
I am sure deals are starting to happen. How many Americans will not committ and are taken in later rounds by teams. I think Konecney goes first to Ottawa, that is the rumour, Strome to Erie, Crouse to Kingston. Spencer will likely not report to Peterborough, they may take Korestelev. Rumour Stephens to Oshawa or Saginaw. Word is no agents / advisor are pushing Peterborough.
Same old same old...

Nobody want to play in Peterborough..... So unfortunate.

Things have really turned around since Jody has been named head coach.. I really hope the Petes have a good draft and get lucky to keep this rebuild heading in the right direction.

Korostelev would be interesting and Jody's lunchbox style might bring out the best in him but who sets him up in Peterborough... Cornel? lol...

I like Walters, Davies and Craievich in the 2nd round...

Old
02-22-2013, 01:40 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Konecny to Ottawa is "the rumour"? I dont think so. Sean Day will go to Ottawa. He has applied and will "officially" get E.S. in the next few weeks.

Strome to Erie? How is that a fit for Mcdavid? Mcdavid and Strome would be on separate lines as centerman. Both are playmakers. Depth down the middle is good, I get that so not a bad idea BUT I think Erie needs a Defenseman in the worst way and its a more pressing need. They can get a very good linemate for Mcdavid with there early second round pick. Maybe they go a little off the board and look hard at Lawson Crouse a big winger for Mcdavid? Thats the question Id be asking myself right now in Erie...Crouse or Matt Spencer (If Werenski says no). For me Id take the big Dman. Werenski if he will come to Erie would turn that team around, Im not sure what will happen there and I think he likes Windsor. Werenski is a massive kid that looks like a 20 yr old and has incredible skill. Obviously there are the US NTDP rumours for Werenski as well, It will be interesting to see if he commits to the US NTDP team and than see who drafts his rights and where that will be. I think Werenski will play in the OHL if not next year, the year after.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 02-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
I heard the same rumour of Konecny going first overall to Ottawa, with or without Day in the mix. Just telling you what I have heard.

If Kingston takes Strome than they must be trying to move some of their forward talent. They have centres- Bennett, Kujawinski and Jenkins, and Strome if he plays with Bennett will have to play wing.

Spencer should be going to Petes if he is around. For now they have the 3rd pick overall,but may end up in the playoffs, and may end up with 6th pick overall if Missy, Niagara and Kingston muck the bed. At 6th spot, Spencer will definitely not be there.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Daneurism

Werenski and Spencer seem to be the consensus top eligible Dmen. Can someone do a quick compare and contrast between the two?

Old
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I heard the same rumour of Konecny going first overall to Ottawa, with or without Day in the mix. Just telling you what I have heard.

If Kingston takes Strome than they must be trying to move some of their forward talent. They have centres- Bennett, Kujawinski and Jenkins, and Strome if he plays with Bennett will have to play wing.

Spencer should be going to Petes if he is around. For now they have the 3rd pick overall,but may end up in the playoffs, and may end up with 6th pick overall if Missy, Niagara and Kingston muck the bed. At 6th spot, Spencer will definitely not be there.
Many think he won't report there Chewer.. What makes you thing differently? I do hope your correct though!

Closed Thread