HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida - St Louis

Old
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Florida - St Louis

Looking at both teams strengths and needs, I thought about a package consisting of:

Weiss
Kulikov
Bjugstad

For

Perron
Russell
Schwartz

+/- a prospect or pick

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I don't think the Blues are giving up enough.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:23 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
I don't think the Blues are giving up enough.
That was my thought too. I thought we should also add a Ty Rattie or Jordan Schmaltz to this as I see you could use some RW depth and puck moving defenseman depth. Or swap Cole for Russell.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Florida doesnt do this

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
dbhislife

Florida gets shafted pretty badly here. Perron's younger but his current production makes me think that a 55-60pt player like Weiss is probably what we are looking at. And the fact that Weiss players center makes me personally say that Weiss>Perron but due to Weiss being a UFA that could be a wash....

The prospects are also comparable. Schwartz was definitely the more highly touted player, but so far this season has 3 pts in 14 games after only putting up 3 pts in 7 games last year. Sure he had a terrific college career, but Bjugstad has done that as well and I would argue has the better statistical college career. Again Bjugstad playing the center position also needs to be factored in.

The big problem though, is Kulikov>>>>>Russel AINEC. Florida happily declines

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
GernBlanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Florida doesnt do this
Yah. No way. Maybe if you take Bjugs off that list. Maybe.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

This was my original suggested deal. Someone suggested adding in Kulikov whom I really do not want and messes up my thoughts on getting some center depth for the Blues. We would also be improving your depth on the wings as your centers need someone to pass to.

Florida
Weiss
Bjugstad

for

St. Louis
Perron
Schwartz
Schmaltz and/or Rattie

Schwartz's production has more to do with not really getting too many minutes in a game thus far. He usually ends up playing 5 minutes with the 3rd line and 5 with the 4th line. Blues line up is tough to crack. Sobotka has played very well thus far and steps in as a defensive replacement for Schwartz. His skills are apparent, just Hitchcock not letting him play.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
This was my original suggested deal. Someone suggested adding in Kulikov whom I really do not want and messes up my thoughts on getting some center depth for the Blues. We would also be improving your depth on the wings as your centers need someone to pass to.

Florida
Weiss
Bjugstad

for

St. Louis
Perron
Schwartz
Schmaltz and/or Rattie

Schwartz's production has more to do with not really getting too many minutes in a game thus far. He usually ends up playing 5 minutes with the 3rd line and 5 with the 4th line. Blues line up is tough to crack. Sobotka has played very well thus far and steps in as a defensive replacement for Schwartz. His skills are apparent, just Hitchcock not letting him play.
Weiss is a rental personally I do not want to trade for a rental. We have a budget with contracts to sign Weiss most likely would not fit in the budget. So next year we have Bjugstad and we gave up Perron Schwartz and Schmaltz for him and nothing else to start the next season. That seems like horrible asset management.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Is Dmitry Kulikov even available? If he is, the Blues need to throw a good package towards Florida for him. He'd be ideal next to Petro. He might not have the toughness we need but he may develop that a little more with age. More importantly, he is sound defensively and can move the puck and eat 21-23 minutes a night. I doubt he is available, though. He is someone to build around.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Is Dmitry Kulikov even available? If he is, the Blues need to throw a good package towards Florida for him. He'd be ideal next to Petro. He might not have the toughness we need but he may develop that a little more with age. More importantly, he is sound defensively and can move the puck and eat 21-23 minutes a night. I doubt he is available, though. He is someone to build around.
He's not available but would be a perfect fit next to Pietrangelo.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Weiss is a rental personally I do not want to trade for a rental. We have a budget with contracts to sign Weiss most likely would not fit in the budget. So next year we have Bjugstad and we gave up Perron Schwartz and Schmaltz for him and nothing else to start the next season. That seems like horrible asset management.
My intent would be to trade for him with the intent to sign him. I'm not giving up Perron, if I don't have some sort of agreement in place with Weiss. One for one that isn't a bad deal. We need a center that can win a faceoff. Bjugstad for Schwartz and Schmaltz is also a gamble, but you have to trade something in order to get something. We have nothing up the middle in our system.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Alklha

The first deal is terrible for Florida, and the second is terrible for the Blues. Giving up Perron for a pending UFA is crazy, even if you are planning on signing him to an extension. Schwartz+Rattie/Schmaltz for Bjugstad is just as bad.

I'd love to get Kulikov, but the fact they lost Garrison last summer and traded Ellerby for next to nothing to the Kings means the depth they had on LHD has basically gone.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
The first deal is terrible for Florida, and the second is terrible for the Blues. Giving up Perron for a pending UFA is crazy, even if you are planning on signing him to an extension. Schwartz+Rattie/Schmaltz for Bjugstad is just as bad.

I'd love to get Kulikov, but the fact they lost Garrison last summer and traded Ellerby for next to nothing to the Kings means the depth they had on LHD has basically gone.
Tough thing on prospects as the Blues found out many times is that it is a gamble. I am taking a gamble that Bjugstad will be greater than or equal to the production of Schwartz and Rattie. I think it is a gamble worth taking. You may disagree. I think we lock up our center position with Weiss, Bjugstad, and Berglund for a number of years. Then a couple guys on the roster can go to their rightful place on the wings.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Tough thing on prospects as the Blues found out many times is that it is a gamble. I am taking a gamble that Bjugstad will be greater than or equal to the production of Schwartz and Rattie. I think it is a gamble worth taking. You may disagree. I think we lock up our center position with Weiss, Bjugstad, and Berglund for a number of years. Then a couple guys on the roster can go to their rightful place on the wings.
I'm a really big fan of Bjugstad, and Schwartz+Rattie is probably the type of overpayment that it would take for Florida to deal him, but it doesn't make any sense from a Blues perspective. Schwartz has just as much value, and putting Rattie as a premium to address a need in our prospect pool is overkill.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I'm a really big fan of Bjugstad, and Schwartz+Rattie is probably the type of overpayment that it would take for Florida to deal him, but it doesn't make any sense from a Blues perspective. Schwartz has just as much value, and putting Rattie as a premium to address a need in our prospect pool is overkill.
I do see your point. As a poster mentioned above, you have to factor in the center position as a premium spot as well. I think it makes a lot of sense in building your team. You still have Jaskin among others in your prospect pool on the wing. We need some size on our team and a center. Just a risk that I see as necessary for the Blues going forward. Bjugstad may well be a factor next year. I don't see his transition as being extensive. Maybe an Adam Creighton that can actually play? ha ha.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Florida's very high on Jugs, but I'm not sure when it comes to Kuli. Would have to be a substantial package, IMO

02-22-2013, 09:05 PM
BackesInBlue

Fan of both teams, Blues native but Cats local.

Perron for Kuli?

Kulikov would be a terrific partner for Pietrangelo. Perron may need a different system to truly highlight his skillset.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Wallachia

Perron, Rattie and a 1st for Kuli and Weiss

Wallachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
Perron, Rattie and a 1st for Kuli and Weiss
Make the 1st a 2nd and I'd definitely consider it.

Perron+Rattie for Kulikov seems like overpayment, but not horrible. A First for Weiss is also overpayment, but not horrible. Bring the 1st to the 2nd and we're closer.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:40 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

This is too complicated. It should really be what's the Blues price for a Weiss rental.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:45 AM
FrolikFan67

as much as i loveee kulikov, for perron, and i was actually gonna offer that before i saw the comment above, then id highly consider it. and i also really like rattie, i was high on him during that draft. weiss (nmc) and kulikov for perron and rattie and a 1st '13, id probably pull the trigger right now. change the 1st to a 2nd, id still strongly consider.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:45 AM
diehardbluesfan

Why the love for Weiss? Not to sure about his defensive game, but the last two seasons he's scored 20 & 21 goals. Doesn't seem like an upgrade.

It would be nice to get Petro a legit top 4 LHD partner, would Kulikov fit the bill of that type of player? Again, not real familiar with Florida's roster.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:50 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Why the love for Weiss? Not to sure about his defensive game, but the last two seasons he's scored 20 & 21 goals. Doesn't seem like an upgrade.

It would be nice to get Petro a legit top 4 LHD partner, would Kulikov fit the bill of that type of player? Again, not real familiar with Florida's roster.
Kulikov would be a fantastic add for the Blues, provided they didn't have to move a player like Shattenkirk. My suspicion is he's very unavailable though. Am surprised to see the offer above your post.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
diehardbluesfan

Man, that would suck to lose Perron, but you gotta give a little to get something.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:06 AM
FrolikFan67

can perron play rw? thats where we would put him with huberdeau and fleischmann at lw. we could put huberdeau at rw if needed, our assistant gm said huberdeau could play any forward position, but id prefer to keep him at left. we can do a goligoski type deal, kulikov for perron + polak?

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote