Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR

Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
All that maybe true...I think that Bourne blog is spot on, that was a selfish play by Hall and he must know that he will need to keep his head on a swivil on March 3rd in St. Paul
bet Knopka doesn't get scratched March 3rd.

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

ZK stuck his knee out in the last game he played iirc and got somebody in the corner. That was a lot more "dirty" than this. This play was just at high speed which made the end result worse. The ZK play wasn't even considered for suspension.

GMAN23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
bet Knopka doesn't get scratched March 3rd.
And what would that "Knopka" do? Go after a star player? Sure thing, mate.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:10 AM
forthewild

any rule guru's in here? clutter never had the puck, he was avoiding contact with the puck, does having the puck in your vicinity and you who are trying to not play it make you eligible to be hit?

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
Cal is the most misunderstood player in the league. If he ends up not coming back, whatever fanbase gets him will love him, and realize he is not a dirty player.

elnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Dampland
YEO must GO

THe hit was over-aggressive, and clearly targeted a player that was defense-less, and without the puck.

Was it the dirtiest play ever? no not a chance. BUt it cleary was a bad one, and Hall does deserve to be punished. I'm guessing he gets 1-3 games max, because as far as I know, he is a first time offender.

That being said, I think Hall is starting to get a reputation for for playing over the edge. The Brodin hit in the AHL was "iffy", and I seem to remember some discussions when Hall was still at Windsor that he could get a little dirty now and then.

What drives me nuts is how some fans (mostly Eddy and Vanny) are saying it's justified because Clutterbuck is a "dirty" player. Yet, no suspension history for Clutz even though he basically has more hits than anyone in the NHL since he came into the league. IF the guy who hits that much was so "dirty" don't you think he would have a discipline track record by now?

The other think that drives me nuts with some fans .... it seems like EVERY WEEK, fans from other teams are proposing trades to try and get Clutterbuck on their team.

Yet, now that he gets hurt... HE is the "dirty" player, and "got what he deserved".

WTF is wrong wih people?

**** And to all the folks praying/calling/demanding payback to Hall in the next game. It's NOT gonna happen. Hall is a protected "young Star" player, and so there is no way he will engage in any fights. And no way that the LEAGUE will allow the Wild to go after him. I would nearly guarantee that ANY player from the Wild making any aggressive actions of any type against Hall will be immediately penalized. The League will certainly instruct the Refs to protect Hall.

At most we will see Zenon challenge Eager/Peckam, and that will be it.

From now on, if we want to get "revenge" we just need to keep beating the Oilers every game, and run up the score. I'd get a lot more satisfaction from seeing the Wild beat the Oilers 7-1, 6-0, 5-1, then I would seeing Zenon running all over the ice trying to lay a crushing check on Hall.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:33 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
And what would that "Knopka" do? Go after a star player? Sure thing, mate.
like had been mentioned before, if this thing were the other way around Oiler fans would be wanting heads to roll.

I am not saying take a run at a star player, even if that star player is a cheap ass little ***** as this isn't the first time he was done something dirty to one of our players in the same year, but a solid hit by a big man would be a nice start to a payback.

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN23 View Post
ZK stuck his knee out in the last game he played iirc and got somebody in the corner. That was a lot more "dirty" than this. This play was just at high speed which made the end result worse. The ZK play wasn't even considered for suspension.

Zenon did stick out his leg, as an reflex to trip the player getting by him. But those two players were standing along the boards, skating about 2 mph.

Hall's hit was was at FULL SPEED. That is entirely different!

Old
02-22-2013, 10:41 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

I would never advocate any Wild player actually taking a run at Hall with intent to injure on March 3rd. Just that they cleanly and legally check him as often as possible without losing team discipline and, more importantly, the game.

Last edited by MuckOG: 02-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.
MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

It almost funny.. the main board thread. Every reasonable poster agrees (including Oilers fans) that it wasn't a good play, it may have not been intentional, but it wasn't a good one. Suspension can be something between nil to 5 games depends on Shanahan's mood..

But they're still debating like madmen. I hope it's not that hard for me to admit when some Wild player has done something wrong. It doesn't mean that Hall is some kind of unholy Cannibal Lecter or a Beast of Revelation. It was a stupid misjugdement + maybe a bit anger. It should be punished in a reasonable way. I mean, when the time comes that some Wild player will do something reckless..

like.. if it comes. No Wild player never has

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:01 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

I hope one of our most trade-able assets returns. Seems like over the past several years, some players that are speculated to have interest in by another team, start playing poorly, or are injured. At the wrong time. Harding comes to mind frequently.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

To those who feel that just because Hall was a first over all, therefore he will not get suspended, tell that to Ovy. Star player or not this was a dirty hit, no two ways around it. Just sickening watching Clutter lay there last night.

Last edited by SnS: 02-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Advocating Rupp hit Hall with a clean hit does not equal "going after a star player". Notice I did not say, I hope Rupper knees him or takes a cheapshot. Nope, a clean hit into the boards should do it. Now if Z decided to take Eager out, by any means necessary I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Is there any update on Clutter? Other than he traveled with the team to Calgary? Extent of the injury etc? I also loved what Yeo said last night about switching the names to evaluate the hit. Spot on Mike.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

In terms of suspension, it will be 5 games at a max right since it's over the phone and not in person?

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Doesn't matter. Hall will get 1-2 games maybe, Clutter's gone for the year. None of the Wild guys will (or should) cheap shot the Eddy guys, Hall won't have to answer for what he did, worst case scenario Rupp or Konopka throws with Peckham.

Suter said it best when he said nobody wants anybody to get hurt on either side, it's just a job for them. Pretty sure most of the guys on the Wild are sad to see Clutter hurt but don't have real hard feelings for the other team.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Doesn't matter. Hall will get 1-2 games maybe, Clutter's gone for the year. None of the Wild guys will (or should) cheap shot the Eddy guys, Hall won't have to answer for what he did, worst case scenario Rupp or Konopka throws with Peckham.

Suter said it best when he said nobody wants anybody to get hurt on either side, it's just a job for them. Pretty sure most of the guys on the Wild are sad to see Clutter hurt but don't have real hard feelings for the other team.
Clutters gone for the year? Is that speculation or have you read that?

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's my speculation.

Although if I put on my tinfoil hat, the fact the Wild haven't said anything about the injury makes me think it's not so bad, because if his knee was torn they'd probably say it before the suspension hearing, rather than after. If it's "just a charlie horse" and they said so Hall probably gets off with a fine.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
That's my speculation.

Although if I put on my tinfoil hat, the fact the Wild haven't said anything about the injury makes me think it's not so bad, because if his knee was torn they'd probably say it before the suspension hearing, rather than after. If it's "just a charlie horse" and they said so Hall probably gets off with a fine.
The Wild may put out the proverbial "lower body injury" statement!

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Teddy10Beers

No MRI (as far as I know) and he was on the team plane to Calgary. If there was a serious injury (knee or otherwise) seems like he would have been sent back to MN. I'd guess they've ruled out any knee injury and it's probably a deep thigh bruise/contusion. Unlikely he's out for the season.

Teddy10Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Ugh, hate the "fans" who secretly love these kinds of hits. "Good hockey play, maybe a minor penalty." Really? Same folks who worship Bobby Clarke for chopping a guy's ankle.

Remember when (some) Vanny fans were celebrating Ohlund's chop to Koivu because Gaborik elbowed Kesler? Yikes.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Can someone enlighten me please .... over on the Oilers board someone said that basically Clutterbuck deserved it, because he has a history of cheap shots and INJURING Oilers players.

I can't think of anytime that Clutterbuck has gotten a "cheapshot" penalty nor injured someone from the Oilers in the past. Am I forgeting something or were those comments totally wrong?

Old
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Mmm....closest I can think was a late hit last year? Or a board? It wasn't egregious but it was definitely worthy of a penalty. That might have been when Brodziak and Peckham scrapped a bit?

Old
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Don't bother looking. You're not gonna find anything.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
The Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Can someone enlighten me please .... over on the Oilers board someone said that basically Clutterbuck deserved it, because he has a history of cheap shots and INJURING Oilers players.

I can't think of anytime that Clutterbuck has gotten a "cheapshot" penalty nor injured someone from the Oilers in the past. Am I forgeting something or were those comments totally wrong?

Cheapshot, but no injury.

The Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Those two things are comparable.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote