Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

Old
02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
TroubaFan1

vCash: 500
I would love to see this guy on our team!

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
NBR
Rookie User

On the flipside, I can see some of ROR's thinking as well. He could say, "sure, I'll sign the bridge contract, but then you can't throw me down on the 3rd line and ask me to be your checking centre while Stastny and Duchene get all the points. That's not going to help me get big money when my bridge deal is done."

I believe that this is the reason why ROR did not sign. This makes the most sense.

NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM
NBR
Rookie User

[QUOTE=Huffer
On the flipside, I can see some of ROR's thinking as well. He could say, "sure, I'll sign the bridge contract, but then you can't throw me down on the 3rd line and ask me to be your checking centre while Stastny and Duchene get all the points. That's not going to help me get big money when my bridge deal is done."

I believe that this is the reason why ROR did not sign. This makes the most sense.

NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Gotaf7

vCash: 50
Kane for O'Reilly straight up1

Gotaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Right now , labeling him as a very good 3rd line C and an absolute beast on the PK is a huge stretch imo. Not looking at potential or possible but actual , and he imo has not reached either of those levels. May he? Sure he may , but he hasn't again imo.

At some point the Jets organization have to make their decision on what player he actually is and will become , not may become.

Two points in one game , then benched for the third in the next , in a 2-1 game where a very good 3C would be highly wanted is a sign of why he has not found favour with the Jets so far. Turnovers in the third period where you have a one goal lead isn't what you need or want and Noel acted on that.
Ok...but he is still a young kid that is only going to get better. This is only his third year in the league, and he probably could have used development in the minors before being called up.

Not everything is about points. And just because he's not on the scoreboard doesn't mean that he's not creating offense.

I think it would be a mistake to deal him now, before he's really blossomed as a player.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Ok...but he is still a young kid that is only going to get better. This is only his third year in the league, and he probably could have used development in the minors before being called up.

Not everything is about points. And just because he's not on the scoreboard doesn't mean that he's not creating offense.

I think it would be a mistake to deal him now, before he's really blossomed as a player.
Same can be said for ROR as he is young as well and has not reached his potential either. ROR at this point is roughly only 3/4 of a season in front of burmi at this point. ROR in his third year created off. and was def. good plus he picked his game up and became a player to be played in colorado's top six consistantly.

I doubt we trade at all for ROR but I would love to see burmi reach RORs level sometime very soon.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Huffer

Going from some comments on the trade boards, I would have no stomach to trade Little / Burmi AND Trouba. Regardless of what Colorado prospect they sent back.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
BennyTheJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
You sir, are crazy.

BennyTheJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Yeah, no thanks.

A deal built around Little and Postma is the furthest I'd go.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Going from some comments on the trade boards, I would have no stomach to trade Little / Burmi AND Trouba. Regardless of what Colorado prospect they sent back.
Agree, Huffer.

Bogo, Trouba, Scheifele and the 2013 1st rd pick are untouchable for me. Kane can be had, but a team would have to really overpay.

The only way Trouba would be moved is if we are 3 yrs in the future and there's a chance he'll walk away unsigned. I don't see that happening. I see him with the Jets in 2013/14 or, more likely, 2014/15.

ROR might be a good young player, but including Trouba in any deal is taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back, imo. I'd rather TNSE moved on and let their young players continue to develop.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Agree, Huffer.

Bogo, Trouba, Scheifele and the 2013 1st rd pick are untouchable for me. Kane can be had, but a team would have to really overpay.

The only way Trouba would be moved is if we are 3 yrs in the future and there's a chance he'll walk away unsigned. I don't see that happening. I see him with the Jets in 2013/14 or, more likely, 2014/15.

ROR might be a good young player, but including Trouba in any deal is taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back, imo. I'd rather TNSE moved on and let their young players continue to develop.
Agreed, don't see Chevy entertaining the notion for any of the players you mentioned. ROR while a good you g player is hold I g out which should diminish his value.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

With Enstrom injured and Redmond possibly being out for quite a while, I don't see us having the necessary pieces to acquire ROR.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Most of those players are a UFA this year or next. There's not much trade value in those players, except maybe for Postma.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
With Enstrom injured and Redmond possibly being out for quite a while, I don't see us having the necessary pieces to acquire ROR.
I agree, allan5oh.

If the Avs are looking for a dman in return, then I think any deal that may be in the works has cooled. Don't see the Jets moving a Postma or Stuart (nor one of their top 4), now with longer-term injuries to Toby, Redmond and Buff seemingly less than 100%.

If the Avs are only looking for a forward and picks in return, they still might kick the tires. But I do agree, with all the injuries, a deal seems less and less likely.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
surge1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

There are really only 2 ways that Colorado trades O'Reilly for any of these players:

1. Charles Wang buys the Avs and needs to do some create accounting / trickery to create the illiusion that his payroll is above the cap floor; OR

2. The Avs hire Mike Milbury.

surge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:15 AM
almostawake

Quote:

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

Some interesting combinations could be made out of that. You should post it in the RoR thread on the main board trade rumor section.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

Not enough to get him so not even worth offering if that is what we would put on the table

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Not enough to get him so not even worth offering if that is what we would put on the table
agreed. Welly,clit, jaff, mach and meech are pretty much AHL fodder imo.

I could see some interest in Postma +

Prob not very much interest at all in Antro or Joki.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Dirty30

Shane O'Brien is on the trading block as well. Perhaps a bigger deal is doable? Could jump start both clubs. I'm sure a win-win trade could be made.

Dirty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty30 View Post
Shane O'Brien is on the trading block as well. Perhaps a bigger deal is doable? Could jump start both clubs. I'm sure a win-win trade could be made.
Shane O'Brien is not welcome in Winnipeg.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Bob E

Let's see... If the Jets trade for ROR, I like him playing in top 6, likely with Kane on his wing. Hopefully chemistry would happen between the two.

Now I also like the L-L-W line and option to go back to it, if other combos aren't working. I like Burmi as a 3rd line center - 2nd line fill-in with injuries - and 1st unit pk'er.

So, should jets move Little or Burmi (assuming the Avs want either of them) to get ROR? Maybe, but a 'hole' may be created. And where does Scheifele fit long-term? Top 6 C or RW? Little's versatility with LLW and RW is valuable to the Jets.

Seems to me the Jets are a year or two away from really doing a deal like this, but these 'opportunities' don't come around often. Ideally, you move a draft pick for ROR (even a 1st) to fill that hole u need, but Jets can't afford to do that. Maybe a 2014 1st. Would folks be okay with a 2014 1st for ROR? Jets make playoffs next year - its a 20(ish) pick.

Last edited by Bob E: 02-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

Why do people ever think that a team is going to trade quality for scraps?

Colorado won't get all they want for ROR, but they will most likely get a top 6 forward and a young player/ prospect. I love Little, and think he's underrated but I would deal him for ROR.

02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Colorado fans are not going to get anything near what they are expecting. Little + Postma is pretty fair and if we threw in a mid round pick i cant see how they would laugh at the proposal.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Let's see... If the Jets trade for ROR, I like him playing in top 6, likely with Kane on his wing. Hopefully chemistry would happen between the two.

Now I also like the L-L-W line and option to go back to it, if other combos aren't working. I like Burmi as a 3rd line center - 2nd line fill-in with injuries - and 1st unit pk'er.

So, should jets move Little or Burmi (assuming the Avs want either of them) to get ROR? Maybe, but a 'hole' may be created. And where does Scheifele fit long-term? Top 6 C or RW? Little's versatility with LLW and RW is valuable to the Jets.

Seems to me the Jets are a year or two away from really doing a deal like this, but these 'opportunities' don't come around often. Ideally, you move a draft pick for ROR (even a 1st) to fill that hole u need, but Jets can't afford to do that. Maybe a 2014 1st. Would folks be okay with a 2014 1st for ROR? Jets make playoffs next year - its a 20(ish) pick.
That would be an easy decision , however Colorado would view that as the secondary piece they would have to receive imo.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote