HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
  #101
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
I would love to see this guy on our team!

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
  #102
NBR
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
On the flipside, I can see some of ROR's thinking as well. He could say, "sure, I'll sign the bridge contract, but then you can't throw me down on the 3rd line and ask me to be your checking centre while Stastny and Duchene get all the points. That's not going to help me get big money when my bridge deal is done."


I believe that this is the reason why ROR did not sign. This makes the most sense.

NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM
  #103
NBR
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Huffer
On the flipside, I can see some of ROR's thinking as well. He could say, "sure, I'll sign the bridge contract, but then you can't throw me down on the 3rd line and ask me to be your checking centre while Stastny and Duchene get all the points. That's not going to help me get big money when my bridge deal is done."


I believe that this is the reason why ROR did not sign. This makes the most sense.

NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:53 PM
  #104
Gotaf7
Registered User
 
Gotaf7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 556
vCash: 50
Kane for O'Reilly straight up1

Gotaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM
  #105
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Right now , labeling him as a very good 3rd line C and an absolute beast on the PK is a huge stretch imo. Not looking at potential or possible but actual , and he imo has not reached either of those levels. May he? Sure he may , but he hasn't again imo.

At some point the Jets organization have to make their decision on what player he actually is and will become , not may become.

Two points in one game , then benched for the third in the next , in a 2-1 game where a very good 3C would be highly wanted is a sign of why he has not found favour with the Jets so far. Turnovers in the third period where you have a one goal lead isn't what you need or want and Noel acted on that.
Ok...but he is still a young kid that is only going to get better. This is only his third year in the league, and he probably could have used development in the minors before being called up.

Not everything is about points. And just because he's not on the scoreboard doesn't mean that he's not creating offense.

I think it would be a mistake to deal him now, before he's really blossomed as a player.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:12 AM
  #106
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Ok...but he is still a young kid that is only going to get better. This is only his third year in the league, and he probably could have used development in the minors before being called up.

Not everything is about points. And just because he's not on the scoreboard doesn't mean that he's not creating offense.

I think it would be a mistake to deal him now, before he's really blossomed as a player.
Same can be said for ROR as he is young as well and has not reached his potential either. ROR at this point is roughly only 3/4 of a season in front of burmi at this point. ROR in his third year created off. and was def. good plus he picked his game up and became a player to be played in colorado's top six consistantly.

I doubt we trade at all for ROR but I would love to see burmi reach RORs level sometime very soon.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:43 AM
  #107
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Going from some comments on the trade boards, I would have no stomach to trade Little / Burmi AND Trouba. Regardless of what Colorado prospect they sent back.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  #108
BennyTheJet
Registered User
 
BennyTheJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Kane for O'Reilly straight up1
You sir, are crazy.

BennyTheJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
  #109
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Kane for O'Reilly straight up1
Yeah, no thanks.

A deal built around Little and Postma is the furthest I'd go.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
  #110
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Going from some comments on the trade boards, I would have no stomach to trade Little / Burmi AND Trouba. Regardless of what Colorado prospect they sent back.
Agree, Huffer.

Bogo, Trouba, Scheifele and the 2013 1st rd pick are untouchable for me. Kane can be had, but a team would have to really overpay.

The only way Trouba would be moved is if we are 3 yrs in the future and there's a chance he'll walk away unsigned. I don't see that happening. I see him with the Jets in 2013/14 or, more likely, 2014/15.

ROR might be a good young player, but including Trouba in any deal is taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back, imo. I'd rather TNSE moved on and let their young players continue to develop.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
  #111
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Agree, Huffer.

Bogo, Trouba, Scheifele and the 2013 1st rd pick are untouchable for me. Kane can be had, but a team would have to really overpay.

The only way Trouba would be moved is if we are 3 yrs in the future and there's a chance he'll walk away unsigned. I don't see that happening. I see him with the Jets in 2013/14 or, more likely, 2014/15.

ROR might be a good young player, but including Trouba in any deal is taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back, imo. I'd rather TNSE moved on and let their young players continue to develop.
Agreed, don't see Chevy entertaining the notion for any of the players you mentioned. ROR while a good you g player is hold I g out which should diminish his value.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
  #112
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 50
With Enstrom injured and Redmond possibly being out for quite a while, I don't see us having the necessary pieces to acquire ROR.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM
  #113
cbcwpg
Registered User
 
cbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Between the Pipes
Country: United Nations
Posts: 5,849
vCash: 350
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
  #114
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 50
Most of those players are a UFA this year or next. There's not much trade value in those players, except maybe for Postma.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
  #115
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
With Enstrom injured and Redmond possibly being out for quite a while, I don't see us having the necessary pieces to acquire ROR.
I agree, allan5oh.

If the Avs are looking for a dman in return, then I think any deal that may be in the works has cooled. Don't see the Jets moving a Postma or Stuart (nor one of their top 4), now with longer-term injuries to Toby, Redmond and Buff seemingly less than 100%.

If the Avs are only looking for a forward and picks in return, they still might kick the tires. But I do agree, with all the injuries, a deal seems less and less likely.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
  #116
surge1979
Registered User
 
surge1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )
There are really only 2 ways that Colorado trades O'Reilly for any of these players:

1. Charles Wang buys the Avs and needs to do some create accounting / trickery to create the illiusion that his payroll is above the cap floor; OR

2. The Avs hire Mike Milbury.

surge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:15 AM
  #117
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )
Some interesting combinations could be made out of that. You should post it in the RoR thread on the main board trade rumor section.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
  #118
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )
Not enough to get him so not even worth offering if that is what we would put on the table

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
  #119
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Not enough to get him so not even worth offering if that is what we would put on the table
agreed. Welly,clit, jaff, mach and meech are pretty much AHL fodder imo.

I could see some interest in Postma +

Prob not very much interest at all in Antro or Joki.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
  #120
Dirty30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Shane O'Brien is on the trading block as well. Perhaps a bigger deal is doable? Could jump start both clubs. I'm sure a win-win trade could be made.

Dirty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #121
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty30 View Post
Shane O'Brien is on the trading block as well. Perhaps a bigger deal is doable? Could jump start both clubs. I'm sure a win-win trade could be made.
Shane O'Brien is not welcome in Winnipeg.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
  #122
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Let's see... If the Jets trade for ROR, I like him playing in top 6, likely with Kane on his wing. Hopefully chemistry would happen between the two.

Now I also like the L-L-W line and option to go back to it, if other combos aren't working. I like Burmi as a 3rd line center - 2nd line fill-in with injuries - and 1st unit pk'er.

So, should jets move Little or Burmi (assuming the Avs want either of them) to get ROR? Maybe, but a 'hole' may be created. And where does Scheifele fit long-term? Top 6 C or RW? Little's versatility with LLW and RW is valuable to the Jets.

Seems to me the Jets are a year or two away from really doing a deal like this, but these 'opportunities' don't come around often. Ideally, you move a draft pick for ROR (even a 1st) to fill that hole u need, but Jets can't afford to do that. Maybe a 2014 1st. Would folks be okay with a 2014 1st for ROR? Jets make playoffs next year - its a 20(ish) pick.


Last edited by Bob E: 02-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
  #123
Jet
Moderator
Drop the danged puck
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,273
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Any of the following ( or combination of ) is what I would deal for O'Reilly...

Antropov
Postma
Jokinen
Wellwood
Clitsome
Jaffray
Machacek
Meech

and / or draft picks ( other than this years 1st round )
Why do people ever think that a team is going to trade quality for scraps?

Colorado won't get all they want for ROR, but they will most likely get a top 6 forward and a young player/ prospect. I love Little, and think he's underrated but I would deal him for ROR.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
  #124
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Colorado fans are not going to get anything near what they are expecting. Little + Postma is pretty fair and if we threw in a mid round pick i cant see how they would laugh at the proposal.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
  #125
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Let's see... If the Jets trade for ROR, I like him playing in top 6, likely with Kane on his wing. Hopefully chemistry would happen between the two.

Now I also like the L-L-W line and option to go back to it, if other combos aren't working. I like Burmi as a 3rd line center - 2nd line fill-in with injuries - and 1st unit pk'er.

So, should jets move Little or Burmi (assuming the Avs want either of them) to get ROR? Maybe, but a 'hole' may be created. And where does Scheifele fit long-term? Top 6 C or RW? Little's versatility with LLW and RW is valuable to the Jets.

Seems to me the Jets are a year or two away from really doing a deal like this, but these 'opportunities' don't come around often. Ideally, you move a draft pick for ROR (even a 1st) to fill that hole u need, but Jets can't afford to do that. Maybe a 2014 1st. Would folks be okay with a 2014 1st for ROR? Jets make playoffs next year - its a 20(ish) pick.
That would be an easy decision , however Colorado would view that as the secondary piece they would have to receive imo.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.