HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Off-topic Thread LII-No More Snow..We want Spring,NOW!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 07:05 PM
  #1
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!
 
bruinsfan1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Laconia,N.H.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,322
vCash: 500
Official Off-topic Thread LII-No More Snow..We want Spring,NOW!!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...p?t=1347115OT: Official Off-topic Thread LI-Spring is right around the corner,I hope anyways..

Have at it...

__________________
Bruins Last Cup 2011...Montreal Last cup 1993
bruinsfan1970 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
  #2
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,349
vCash: 500
Aww I just read Chuck did good!


Did we already discuss it?

"Grats Chuck!

Kovi is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:50 PM
  #3
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Aww I just read Chuck did good!


Did we already discuss it?

"Grats Chuck!
Where did you see this? Facebook?

I passed. It wasn't pretty, but I passed, so that's all I am concerned with.

Thank you. Let's hope you have similar success with your demo now!

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
  #4
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Where did you see this? Facebook?

I passed. It wasn't pretty, but I passed, so that's all I am concerned with.

Thank you. Let's hope you have similar success with your demo now!
Hmm? must have been?

Draft is done...hopefully I get in....

Kovi is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 03:44 AM
  #5
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500


Was supposed to attend this but my family has been giving me grief about responsibilities of cleaning around the house and other stuff.

What about responsibilities to our own earth and nature?

I doubt any of this will matter anyways to the IOC or Japan at the end of the day people can protest all they want but the almighty dollar and greed always win

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:57 AM
  #6
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post


Was supposed to attend this but my family has been giving me grief about responsibilities of cleaning around the house and other stuff.

What about responsibilities to our own earth and nature?

I doubt any of this will matter anyways to the IOC or Japan at the end of the day people can protest all they want but the almighty dollar and greed always win
I'd join up in the protest, but I love me some pan seared dolphin with a little lemon. It's so tasty and tender...

LSCII is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:33 AM
  #7
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,536
vCash: 500
Happy Friday everybody!!!!!

BMC is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
  #8
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'd join up in the protest, but I love me some pan seared dolphin with a little lemon. It's so tasty and tender...
omg if you love that, you should try this little place by the water.
They have something similar but then have a minced baby seal pate on the side with bruschetta.

To.Die.For

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:41 AM
  #9
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
omg if you love that, you should try this little place by the water.
They have something similar but then have a minced baby seal pate on the side with bruschetta.

To.Die.For
Is that the place where you can pick your own, then club it repeatedly, and watch while the chef prepares it? I'm dying to try that joint...

LSCII is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:41 AM
  #10
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Happy Friday everybody!!!!!
this! ^

Kovi is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:54 AM
  #11
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post


Was supposed to attend this but my family has been giving me grief about responsibilities of cleaning around the house and other stuff.

What about responsibilities to our own earth and nature?

I doubt any of this will matter anyways to the IOC or Japan at the end of the day people can protest all they want but the almighty dollar and greed always win
Other people will come out and help the dolphins...nobody however will come over and clean your room.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
  #12
sooshii
SISU
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Where did you see this? Facebook?

I passed. It wasn't pretty, but I passed, so that's all I am concerned with.

Thank you. Let's hope you have similar success with your demo now!
A win is a win, whether it's a blowout or a shootout. 2 PTS, bro! congrats.

sooshii is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:33 AM
  #13
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
A win is a win, whether it's a blowout or a shootout. 2 PTS, bro! congrats.
You keep using the words blow and shoot in the same sentence, and Lou's bound to show up!

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
  #14
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
IDK what you numbskulls are jabbering about but what you're joking about isn't what the protest is about.

This is what started it all:



For the record I know you 2 are joking and WBC my room is actually pretty clean so it's not about that at all.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  #15
sooshii
SISU
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
You keep using the words blow and shoot in the same sentence, and Lou's bound to show up!
Lou & Chuck won't REALLY think it's a win unless Chuck beat somebody's head in.

sooshii is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
  #16
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Lou & Chuck won't REALLY think it's a win unless Chuck beat somebody's head in.
If you can beat them, and beat them up, why the hell not?

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
  #17
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
IDK what you numbskulls are jabbering about but what you're joking about isn't what the protest is about.

This is what started it all:



For the record I know you 2 are joking and WBC my room is actually pretty clean so it's not about that at all.
I got what you were talking about, and that movie is quite well known. It won an academy award a few years ago, IICRC. That being said, so what? Some cultures eat dolphin and whales, and they hunt them too. I don't care. Some cultures eat a lot of crap I would never consider eating. Not my problem. Sad? Maybe, but why? Because Seaworld has some of those fish and they put on shows for stupid tourists? It's called being to the top of the food chain. You get to eat what you want because you're smarter than everything else. Why is a dolphin hunt or whale hunt worse than the billions of deaths we cause to chickens and cows?

LSCII is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:39 PM
  #18
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Yes cuz Dolphins and Whales are stupid animals

It's quite well known but from your reply I don't think you have actually seen it. Chickens and Cows are bred for the purposes of eating in this country but that is neither here nor there in this argument.

You speak as though just because we're the top of the food chain that gives us some sort of right to just use up this planet and all it's resources. The ocean is not a bottomless pit with infinite resources. This planet is finite and most people do not get that.

It's not just whales and dolphins either. Sharks are also being killed almost to extinction. Tigers and Elephants as well. You have children do you not want them to have a planet full of animals that you has growing up?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:00 PM
  #19
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,902
vCash: 500
There is a kid here talking about Umass to some if my kids that looks and sounds exactly like pk Subban

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
  #20
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I got what you were talking about, and that movie is quite well known. It won an academy award a few years ago, IICRC. That being said, so what? Some cultures eat dolphin and whales, and they hunt them too. I don't care. Some cultures eat a lot of crap I would never consider eating. Not my problem. Sad? Maybe, but why? Because Seaworld has some of those fish and they put on shows for stupid tourists? It's called being to the top of the food chain. You get to eat what you want because you're smarter than everything else. Why is a dolphin hunt or whale hunt worse than the billions of deaths we cause to chickens and cows?
Lonnie, chickens and cows can be herded and bred, dolphins and whales can not be, don't be silly

Not even worth arguing about though, you either understand ecology and respect the earth or you don't, and one day the foolishness is gonna bite us in the ass and we aren't gonna be able to jack about it because it'll be too late

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:09 PM
  #21
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 35,399
vCash: 500
Awards:
I ****ing hate snow!

Hate it.

that is all.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
  #22
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Yes cuz Dolphins and Whales are stupid animals

It's quite well known but from your reply I don't think you have actually seen it. Chickens and Cows are bred for the purposes of eating in this country but that is neither here nor there in this argument.

You speak as though just because we're the top of the food chain that gives us some sort of right to just use up this planet and all it's resources. The ocean is not a bottomless pit with infinite resources. This planet is finite and most people do not get that.

It's not just whales and dolphins either. Sharks are also being killed almost to extinction. Tigers and Elephants as well. You have children do you not want them to have a planet full of animals that you has growing up?
You never heard of a guy called Darwin?

Also, if dolphins are so smart, why do they keep going to that cove? Whenever they go there, they get hunted. If you were smart, you'd figure not going there would be the move.

LSCII is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
  #23
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I ****ing hate snow!

Hate it.

that is all.
I'm with you on that. I'm freaking miserable just thinking about having to shovel more of that crap this weekend.

LSCII is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
  #24
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
You never heard of a guy called Darwin?

Also, if dolphins are so smart, why do they keep going to that cove? Whenever they go there, they get hunted. If you were smart, you'd figure not going there would be the move.
Ah yes because it is so easy to change habits that they have been doing for thousands of years. Perhaps before you speak more on this topic idk maybe watch the movie or read more about it.

And what about Darwin? I know a little about him but I do not know entirely what you are referring too. Perhaps instead of talking condescendingly about darwin with a laugh explain more about what you're trying to say.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
  #25
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,500
vCash: 500
I haven't had a drink in like trhee weeks. I am going to get ****ed up tonight.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.