HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
They're still paying Yashin right now as well.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Anyone see that Taylor Hall hit on Clutterbuck last night?

Listen to the contrasting opinions by the announcers of the respective teams:

Old
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Intent to injure is clearly there.

Hall should get 8 games but like I have preached for years now, any player who intentionally injures another player should be suspended (after a determination hearing) until the player they injured returns to regular NHL play automatically.

After that there should be a penalty hearing to determine how many games the offending player should receive.

If Clutterbuck misses 20 games then Hall should be out for those games and then face a hearing to see if he should have to serve any further games.

Severe? Yes but then so is the action of intentionally appempting to injure another player.

If you take away a teams access to one of its players then you should have to sit until that player is capapble of returning to play.

Its going to take some severity to address the problem.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:11 PM
DeeMeck

I think announcers have to be more responsible with their calls. The Minnesota guy says the puck wasn't there over and over and that is just not true. Maybe in slow motion time goes but at live speed it is less than a second after Clutterbuck loses the puck that he gets hit.

Look, I'm not a fan of Hall, but he did not hit Clutterbuck's knee, nor did Hall lead with his knee.

If you think Hall deserves to be suspended (I don't), then you need to go back and look at the Brown hit on Rozsival of the Coyotes in the playoffs last year and tell me which one is dirtier.

Brown contacts Roszival's knee and actually does stick his leg out a little bit. Hall missed the knee and used his hip. What Brown did to Rozsival is alot worse than this hit.

To the poster above me, I don't see anything remotely close to "intent to injure is clearly there"

Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I don't know man, you don't throw a hipcheck with your knee leading the way.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

The funny thing is that I think 3rd line RW is exactly what we need now...and we had a great on before but we traded him. Damn.
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds baby!

Old
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Anyone see that Taylor Hall hit on Clutterbuck last night?

Listen to the contrasting opinions by the announcers of the respective teams:

Anyone check out the oilers GDT blog before out game against them on Tuesday. There were numerous Oiler fans calling Brown dirty.....Pot meet Kettle.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't know man, you don't throw a hipcheck with your knee leading the way.
I have looked at some freeze frame stuff where the knee is coming first.

I still don't see it as intentional. Clutterbuck was turning as well. At the speed those guys were going there isn't much time to adjust.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I think announcers have to be more responsible with their calls. The Minnesota guy says the puck wasn't there over and over and that is just not true. Maybe in slow motion time goes but at live speed it is less than a second after Clutterbuck loses the puck that he gets hit.

Look, I'm not a fan of Hall, but he did not hit Clutterbuck's knee, nor did Hall lead with his knee.

If you think Hall deserves to be suspended (I don't), then you need to go back and look at the Brown hit on Rozsival of the Coyotes in the playoffs last year and tell me which one is dirtier.

Brown contacts Roszival's knee and actually does stick his leg out a little bit. Hall missed the knee and used his hip. What Brown did to Rozsival is alot worse than this hit.

To the poster above me, I don't see anything remotely close to "intent to injure is clearly there"
Hall looks at CB's knees and then makes a cut turn to pivot himself and make low contact with him. Now was it an intentional attempt at kneeing? Nope not that I can see but Hall absolutely pivots and aims low (waist of lower) in his turn and with the intention of making contact below and outside to the players center of gravity.

It may not have been the knee but take a look at what is left. If he didn't clearly intend to injure CB then what were his intentions (TH)?

I mean if Hall was intending to lay CB out with a clean hit he had him dead to rights, all Hall has to do is turn directly into line with CB's front and then lay the guy out. CB is clearly not prepared for the contact and if Hall had simply made a clean check it would have been a stellar hit laying CB out.

Hall instead turns his body and positions himself with only one possible outcome and that is to make contact with CB's left lower body/hip/leg and that is at best a cheap shot and likely or the way I see it a clear attempt at injuring CB.

Like you probably though I have watched the hit from every angle and at every speed and what I saw was a deliberate attempt by a player to injure another player. I could be wrong but that is what I saw.

Oh I am Tonnelisghost. Now we know each other .

Old
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Perro

Quote:
I have looked at some freeze frame stuff where the knee is coming first.

I still don't see it as intentional. Clutterbuck was turning as well. At the speed those guys were going there isn't much time to adjust.
I don't think it was intentional either. Hall plays reckless, sometimes this is what happens.

I do think it is suspendable.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Perro

Quote:

I aprrecciate teh unbias point of view you are bringing. I will have to re-look and compare to the brown hit. I do not remember his leg being out as far, but than again maybe I have a little bit of blinders on.
One thing I do remember is the Canadian broadacasters (forget if it was TSN or CBC) of the Brown hit seemed to think it wasn't a knee..boaderline yes. Everything I have read about the hall hit seems to lead to this being suspensin or fine.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I don't think it was intentional either. Hall plays reckless, sometimes this is what happens.

I do think it is suspendable.
Perro,

I tend to agree with you Hall does play reckless. When I played I hated guys like Hall they are all over the place with no control.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

Brown DID NOT contact Rosival's knee. That was proven over and over again. Brown made shoulder contact at the same time he made contact with Rosival's thigh. There's a reason why Rosival ended up with a charley horse on his thigh, and it's not because Brown allegedly made contact with his knee.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I personally think the play was reckless too. I mulled over whether or not it as the same as Brown's hit and there are some key differences in my opinion. Brown actually made contact with the shoulder and his should was square over his body when he laid the hit. That is the reason Rosival wasn't seriously hurt. His shoulder took the initial force of the hit. Brown was also coming head on with Rosival and not laterally like in the Hall/Clutterbuck hit.

I don't think Hall was trying to knee and injure Clutterbuck. That being said, I do think he was trying to level him (think Ricahrds on Booth) and if he had hit him upstairs, we'd probably be looking at a head injury and a suspension for sure. So a reckless play leads to an injury, I think that deserves a suspension.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Brown DID NOT contact Rosival's knee. That was proven over and over again. Brown made shoulder contact at the same time he made contact with Rosival's thigh. There's a reason why Rosival ended up with a charley horse on his thigh, and it's not because Brown allegedly made contact with his knee.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:22 PM
topliner967

Maybe not the appropiate thread, but it will have to do. Don't know if it's already been posted somewhere else, nevertheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor
For those who haven't heard, #LAKings are wearing purple (Forum blue) and gold jerseys tomorrow for Ian Laperriere appreciation day.
https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/305039488529354754

Old
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post
Maybe not the appropiate thread, but it will have to do. Don't know if it's already been posted somewhere else, nevertheless...

YES!

Love Lappy, love the non **** jerseys, and love that we're doing this.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Perro,

I tend to agree with you Hall does play reckless. When I played I hated guys like Hall they are all over the place with no control.
He looks like a baby horse to me. Both legs going in different directions and constantly crashing into things. He'll be a great player, and already is, but he does look reckless.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:47 PM
CNS
A World Alone

2 games for Hall.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post

My favorite jerseys, they should be our main jerseys as they are our true identity and the color scheme is unique and exactly matches our name. Though, not sure they are the best for Lappy night, you would think we would wear whatever jerseys matched the era of the player we are honoring, not that I am complaining, just doesn't make the most sense.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
2 games for Hall.
seems about right.

weird bieska hit didn't get looked at.

Last edited by bobafettish*: 02-22-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
My favorite jerseys, they should be our main jerseys as they are our true identity and the color scheme is unique and exactly matches our name. Though, not sure they are the best for Lappy night, you would think we would wear whatever jerseys matched the era of the player we are honoring, not that I am complaining, just doesn't make the most sense.
Main identity as in being Queens?

I love those jerseys as well but it is a Queen's crown and not a Kings crown, not that it's a huge thing, but they are the "Kings" and not the "Queens".

Old
02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Main identity as in being Queens?

I love those jerseys as well but it is a Queen's crown and not a Kings crown, not that it's a huge thing, but they are the "Kings" and not the "Queens".
To Ucks fans, we are the Queens. The most creative insult name for the Kings ever!

Old
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
To Ucks fans, we are the Queens. The most creative insult name for the Kings ever!
Not just Duck fans, pretty much any team lol, but like I said I love the purple and gold unis too, but it is a Queen's crown on that one, opposed to the current ones which have a King's crown.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Not just Duck fans, pretty much any team lol, but like I said I love the purple and gold unis too, but it is a Queen's crown on that one, opposed to the current ones which have a King's crown.

Kings and Queen crowns aren't different, they are passed from monarch to monarch. Queens sometimes have smaller ones made if the current one is too heavy and overwhelming - I'm pretty sure that Elizabeth did that with the imperial crown. It's basically up to the monarch at the time.

The crown on the 3rd reminds me more of the Russian crowns worn by the Tsars.

Closed Thread