HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Somethings gotta give in Toronto.. Carolina?

Old
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
jeromeo87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony135420 View Post
Maybe if the pick is projected to be 25-30 and that team is desperate for defensive help. Otherwise I would say that's wishful thinking.
That could be Carolina; however, I don't see them trading their 1st two years in a row.

Victor Rask, Riley Nash, 2nd for Gunnarsson and MacArthur?

Last edited by jeromeo87: 02-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.
jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Liles + (retained a bit of salary) + 3rd
for
1st + Terry (to help Marlie Depth)
From a Canes standpoint, hell no. Another offensive D is the last thing we need right now.

If Komi was an impending UFA I could see a bit of interest. Still possible if Toronto eats some of that cap hit. Kostka is probably the most likely dman target though.

Thinking outside of dmen right now since it's possible Pitkanen and Gleason are back soon, Bozak would be a perfect fit for what the Canes need, but I see little chance that the Leafs trade him. With both teams in the playoff mix I just see that option as highly unlikely.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Roboturner913

Yeah, I like Bozak too, would give the Canes somebody who can win a faceoff and get Jokinen to the wing where he belongs and legitimate offensive presence on the third line. I can't see them giving up a roster forward to get him but something like McBain+2nd. Pipe dream though, they're not trading him as long as they're in contention.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
From a Canes standpoint, hell no. Another offensive D is the last thing we need right now.

If Komi was an impending UFA I could see a bit of interest. Still possible if Toronto eats some of that cap hit. Kostka is probably the most likely dman target though.

Thinking outside of dmen right now since it's possible Pitkanen and Gleason are back soon, Bozak would be a perfect fit for what the Canes need, but I see little chance that the Leafs trade him. With both teams in the playoff mix I just see that option as highly unlikely.
Good points here. Komi is a possibility, IF Toronto keeps some of his salary. I really don't know a lot of Kostka, at all.. Bozak would be perfect, but doubt Carolina can get him. I still think MacArthur would help, a lot.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:

Thinking outside of dmen right now since it's possible Pitkanen and Gleason are back soon, Bozak would be a perfect fit for what the Canes need, but I see little chance that the Leafs trade him. With both teams in the playoff mix I see that option as highly unlikely.
Bozak likely isn't moving. But we have quite a few pieces that could be for the right price:

MacArthur
Steckel
Brown
Gunnarsson
Liles
Komisarek

Us being in the playoffs makes it difficult to just unload these guys.....They are serviceable bodies; if injury / poor play incures - However they all have become expandable when we are healthy. (depending the return - i.e we are in no rush to help anyone out )

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:43 PM
tony135420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Those two arent a huge problem. Connolly is a UFA this summer, and Komi can be bought out this summer.

Liles and Grabo though are both locked up for 3+ years. Grabo is definitely overpaid IMO, Liles probably isn't (assuming he can rebound to be a ~40-45 point Dman over an 82 game season) but Gardiner/Rielly and others are going to be pushing him out sooner rather than later.

Lupuls contract might also be bad. Hard to say yet if last year was a fluke, since he's been injured all of this season so far. Considering the risk involved in fluke vs non-fluke, I think he definitely got more than he deserved. He should have gotten something like a two-year 9-10M$ deal... not a 5 year 5.25 cap-hit deal. If last season was a fluke, then he is severely overpaid, and overpaid for a long time.
I would think Liles is making a case to be the better buyout candidate with 4 years remaining. Komi only has one more year left and is more suited to Carlyle's system. Liles is also redundant with Gardiner waiting in the wings and Franson playing well.

tony135420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Yeah, I like Bozak too, would give the Canes somebody who can win a faceoff and get Jokinen to the wing where he belongs and legitimate offensive presence on the third line. I can't see them giving up a roster forward to get him but something like McBain+2nd. Pipe dream though, they're not trading him as long as they're in contention.
Even if Toronto was even entertaining the thought of moving Bozak (which they won't as long as he and Kessel mesh together) it would likely take value much better than that to move him.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
pspot

Would Minny be interested in Liles for Clutterbuck?

Something like Liles (35% retained) + mid prospect for Cal

I'd love to see a line of Komvarov/McClement/Clutterbuck

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Roboturner913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Even if Toronto was even entertaining the thought of moving Bozak (which they won't as long as he and Kessel mesh together) it would likely take value much better than that to move him.
I'm sure you're right, from what little I've seen he does seem to have taken it up a notch this season.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
The Saurus

Quote:

The Canes could target Mike Kostka all they want but the Leafs definitely will not be trading one of the reasons why they're playing solid two-way hockey.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

I'd offer a B prospect and a 2nd from St. Louis.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Beastly Bozak
#FreeJakeGardiner

gardiner + 2nd for jeff skinner?

Beastly Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by g51 k81 View Post
gunnar for a 3rd.
hahaha no

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:27 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
Are you serious?

w e l o s t b o y s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:27 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
nope

Old
02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
mrcontractor

I thought you weren't allowed to retain salary anymore, exception being when a player comes back up through waivers

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
I thought you weren't allowed to retain salary anymore, exception being when a player comes back up through waivers
New CBA

Old
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Rick16

Is there any chances that Carolina might be interested in getting back Tomas Kaberle?

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Nonis has said he wants to add a bigger forward and the blues have been scouting us. I still think Nonis wants Stewart

Old
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Is there any chances that Carolina might be interested in getting back Tomas Kaberle?

These threads kill me

w e l o s t b o y s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Bozak likely isn't moving. But we have quite a few pieces that could be for the right price:

MacArthur
Steckel
Brown
Gunnarsson
Liles
Komisarek

Us being in the playoffs makes it difficult to just unload these guys.....They are serviceable bodies; if injury / poor play incures - However they all have become expandable when we are healthy. (depending the return - i.e we are in no rush to help anyone out )
I wouldn't bet on Brown moving

Old
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Gunnarsson + MacArthur + 2nd/3rd
for
Stewart + (not sure what evens it)

Healthy:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Kadri-Frattin
Kulemin-Grabovski-Stewart
McClaren-McClement-Komarov

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Ricky Bobby

With how many teams desperately need help at D this year and every other year he's most definitely tradeable without the Leafs having to retain any of his cap hit.

If the Leafs agree to retain any of his cap hit the trade offer has to be sweetened considerably.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Gunnarsson + MacArthur + 2nd/3rd
for
Stewart + (not sure what evens it)

Healthy:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Kadri-Frattin
Kulemin-Grabovski-Stewart
McClaren-McClement-Komarov
flip Lupul with JVR Frattin with Stewart

Old
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Not anymore he isn't. Defensively Phaneuf, Holzer, Fraser and Franson are much more dependable.

Maybe the Canes would go for a 2nd. Gunnar doesn't have the greatest value at the moment.
So this is when you think that they should be traded? At their lowest value? Not that I agree that this is his lowest value but either way, what you are saying is silly.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote