Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Some guy called Gresh and Zo today and said trade Krejci for Iginla and it's guaranteed the Bruins win the Cup.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Some guy called Gresh and Zo today and said trade Krejci for Iginla and it's guaranteed the Bruins win the Cup.
The fact the caller even considered calling that show to talk hockey proves just how dimwitted they are about the subject.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
The fact the caller even considered calling that show to talk hockey proves just how dimwitted they are about the subject.
Well, some guy just called Felger and Mazz and said they didn't have offsides in the '40s and they should go back to that because the game was a lot more wide-open in those days.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Well, some guy just called Felger and Mazz and said they didn't have offsides in the '40s and they should go back to that because the game was a lot more wide-open in those days.
Days like this makes me wonder why we ever tune in at all.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Felger complaining about the size of goalie equipment again, and frankly I have to tend to agree with him.
My God, I was watching Kevin Weekes demonstrate a play on "Hockey Tonight" whilst wearing a goaltender's glove. I couldn't get over how ginormous it was. And that's just a glove. The pads must be beyond belief!

I watch games all of the time, of course, and am well aware of the role gladiator equipment plays in the concussion matter. Still, it was surprising.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
My God, I was watching Kevin Weekes demonstrate a play on "Hockey Tonight" whilst wearing a goaltender's glove. I couldn't get over how ginormous it was. And that's just a glove. The pads must be beyond belief!

I watch games all of the time, of course, and am well aware of the role gladiator equipment plays in the concussion matter. Still, it was surprising.
My cousin plays goalie in HS somewhere, and his leg pads are friggin gigantic.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
MattFromFranklin

I got bored with the talk on F&M and I turned to WEEI. Guess what? Dale and Holley are back for the day!...and they've taken a few bruins calls in the past few minutes. God, I miss them together.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Zo is okay. He's just the goofy ex player who brings nonsensical energy. If he were paired with a decent co-host, he'd be fine. The problem is they paired him with the biggest blowhard in the world, so he's guilty by association.
Fair enough.

Gresh is what you get when you mate Andelman with Sheppard.

on a totally separate note:

Anyone have any guess what Jason Wolfe's next step is, after his changes continue WEEI's precipitous demise?

Old
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Shaun

had to do a bunch of work around the house today so I got to listen to almost all of Dale and Holley. I miss that show so much. Much better than anything on either station right now. The chemistry between them hasn't missed a beat at all.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Fair enough.

Gresh is what you get when you mate Andelman with Sheppard.

on a totally separate note:

Anyone have any guess what Jason Wolfe's next step is, after his changes continue WEEI's precipitous demise?
x

His next step is into the seventh circle of hell, which is where he belongs.

And the horse you rode in on, 'eei,

Old
02-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
I got bored with the talk on F&M and I turned to WEEI. Guess what? Dale and Holley are back for the day!...and they've taken a few bruins calls in the past few minutes. God, I miss them together.
I'm convinced.....Dale will never go away.....(sighs)

Old
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Open Ice

Got a good dose of Dale and Holly today and it was so refreshing. What a wonderful way to truly illustrate how empty of content Mutt and Lou is. Earlier, I was lucky enough to catch a taste of Mutt and Lou doing some hockey talk and it consisted of Mutt attempting to discuss the value of getting Alfredsson, "I just think Alfredsson's your guy" while Lou meditated in silence. Good times.

D&H lead off with ample hockey talk with Holly firing informed questions at Dale and Dale giving us like standard, knowledgeable Joe Bruin Fan responses. They bounced back and forth between hockey and basketball all day. That was like a great band getting back together with no rehearsal and just killing it. Made me realize how bland the radio landscape is nowadays between the two sports stations. I know that ship has long sailed, but D&H represented something we don't get in any time slot and maybe never will again: conversation between two intelligent sports radio pros as opposed to superficial "argument" between "personalities."

Felt good to go home again for a while there. The idea that Dale and Holly was doing what Mutt and Lou do now is straight ****ED.

Mutt on watching the NFL Draft Combine on TV: "What's really interesting to watch is when you have a guy you think is interesting."

Last edited by Open Ice: 02-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
Got a good dose of Dale and Holly today and it was so refreshing. What a wonderful way to truly illustrate how empty of content Mutt and Lou is. Earlier, I was lucky enough to catch a taste of Mutt and Lou doing some hockey talk and it consisted of Mutt attempting to discuss the value of getting Alfredsson, "I just think Alfredsson's your guy" while Lou meditated in silence. Good times.

D&H lead off with ample hockey talk with Holly firing informed questions at Dale and Dale giving us like standard, knowledgeable Joe Bruin Fan responses. They bounced back and forth between hockey and basketball all day. That was like a great band getting back together with no rehearsal and just killing it. Made me realize how bland the radio landscape is nowadays between the two sports stations. I know that ship has long sailed, but D&H represented something we don't get in any time slot and maybe never will again: conversation between two intelligent sports radio pros as opposed to superficial "argument" between "personalities."

Felt good to go home again for a while there. The idea that Dale and Holly was doing what Mutt and Lou do now is straight ****ED.

Daily Mutt paraphrased proverb:

Mutt on watching the NFL Draft Combine on TV: "What's really interesting to watch is when you have a guy you think is interesting."
If Mutnanski could name two top NHL draft prospects I'd be shocked. (It's possible he's heard of Seth Jones, as he's been profiled by some mainstream media for being the son of an NBA player.)

Old
02-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
had to do a bunch of work around the house today so I got to listen to almost all of Dale and Holley. I miss that show so much. Much better than anything on either station right now. The chemistry between them hasn't missed a beat at all.
That show ending pretty much caused me to tune WEEI out. Not that the Hub is much better lately in terms of hockey talk. It is all the same thing and I really couldn't care less that the Sox played catch for five hours this morning. Baseball is boring enough sometimes, let alone spring training.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:11 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I'm convinced.....Dale will never go away.....(sighs)
Sorry. Never a Dale Arnold fan (and I listened to the reformatted 'eei from the very beginning). Company Man could be nearly as dismissive & insular (How dare you question me?) as the rest of those fools.

Boring play by play man, as well; perfectly suited to the going through the motions B's of that era. *Perfectly suited* to his current position.

"The Holley Hockey Minute." I'd tuned out by then. Jerk. (Said again: Jerk.)

What do I listen to between 10 & 2? Neither 'eei or SH. It's WGBH for BUR for me. M&F (mostly) in the rear view mirror as well.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:47 PM
sooshii
Believe in Boston

Great interview yesterday Marek vs. Wysh with Ron poster.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:34 PM
doc5hole

Quote:

I wonder if that guy knows that the red line was originally put in for the purpose of increasing offense.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc5hole View Post
I wonder if that guy knows that the red line was originally put in for the purpose of increasing offense.
hmm, is that because back then sans the red line you had to enter the neutral zone from your d-zone the same way you enter the offensive zone today? Puck has to go first. correct?

Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Minihane says Bruins have overtaken Red Sox in Boston.

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/hock...ck-seat-bruins

Old
02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post

Good stuff.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post

Just wow .... What will happen next ? a hockey show on eei ?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:47 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Just wow .... What will happen next ? a hockey show on eei ?
a hockey show on local radio at all? (weekdays)

Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Not radio, but watched Steve Burton's Sports report on channel 4 this morning...

"Celtics lost....Lester pitched 2 innings of shutout ball...that's it for sports, back to you."

Ummm...did the Bruins play this weekend?

Did they win?

Did they sweep the Florida trip for the first time in years?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Not radio, but watched Steve Burton's Sports report on channel 4 this morning...

"Celtics lost....Lester pitched 2 innings of shutout ball...that's it for sports, back to you."

Did they win?

Watched Celtics game last night, and they were advertising during the broadcast for the unos sports tonight show. The three bulletpoint topics were Celtics Blazers, Lester returns to the mound, welker and franchise tag deadline.

Now I know CSN needs to downplay the Bruins some because theyre the Celtics network. But bruins panthers really wasn't a top 3 local story yesterday?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post

Did they win?

Steve Burton. Nuff said.

Closed Thread