HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Huskins and Kindl in, Quincey day-to-day, Franzen aims for Wednesday, Howard starts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
  #26
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,804
vCash: 545
Per Khan:

Quote:
Kyle Quincey said he's day to day. Didn't rule out playing Sat. If not, maybe Sun. Said they ruled out high ankle sprain.
And a later update:

Quote:
Babcock said Howard is starting tomorrow. Quincey not playing. Kindl will replace him.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
  #27
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
So Quincey's knee got some damage at same Anisimov-situation?

This could really be a season, where every player gets injured.
Not Dan Cleary. He's a terminator-like cyborg. Took a stick to the gut last night and was back shortly thereafter.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
  #28
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Per Khan:



And a later update:
Howard starting again


I'm starting to think Babs is secretly trying to tank.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
  #29
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,804
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Howard starting again


I'm starting to think Babs is secretly trying to tank.
I'm starting to think Babs secretly wants to be fired.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:16 PM
  #30
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Howard starting again


I'm starting to think Babs is secretly trying to tank.
Well it's back-to-back games, Howard should start one of them so might aswell be tomorrow. If he starts Sunday too, I don't know what to think. It would seem in the team's best interest to get Gus going here. In a perfect world, Gus would pull a Fasth and force Howard(Hiller) to up his game in order to get his starts.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
  #31
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Howard starting again


I'm starting to think Babs is secretly trying to tank.
Wait. Are you saying Howard shouldn't start because he's playing poorly? Or for a different reason?

This is a 48 game season, if Howard is the goalie this organization thinks he is playing 46 out of 48 games should be no issue.

This is especially true if your team is on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
  #32
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,788
vCash: 500
I have no problem with Howard starting at all. Monster hasn't shown me ****. Wouldn't mind Mrazek getting a start but he's in GR.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  #33
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Wait. Are you saying Howard shouldn't start because he's playing poorly? Or for a different reason?

This is a 48 game season, if Howard is the goalie this organization thinks he is playing 46 out of 48 games should be no issue.

This is especially true if your team is on the outside of the playoffs looking in.
You do realize 46 games in this amount of time period is a lot different than 46 games more spread out in a full season right? The ratios of starts should still be the same as in a regular season if only slightly more to the starter. Saying he should be fine with 46 games because hes normally plays 50+ in a full season is ridiculous.


Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
  #34
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Wait. Are you saying Howard shouldn't start because he's playing poorly? Or for a different reason?

This is a 48 game season, if Howard is the goalie this organization thinks he is playing 46 out of 48 games should be no issue.

This is especially true if your team is on the outside of the playoffs looking in.
I just feel like it'd be smarter to give Gus the start with it being a back to back, if he plays well give him a start on Sunday as well. Howard has been looking very average lately, and I'd like to see (like joe posted) if they can start a situation like Anaheim with Gus playing the part of Fasth and force Howard to up his game.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM
  #35
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
You do realize 46 games in this amount of time period is a lot different than 46 games more spread out right? The ratios of starts should still be the same as in a regular season if only slightly more to the starter. Saying he should be fine with 46 games because hes normally plays 50+ in a full season is ridiculous.
No it isn't. This 48 games is only 5 days fewer than the final 48 games of a usual regular season. It's not as condensed as people think. The season ends right before May.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  #36
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
I just feel like it'd be smarter to give Gus the start with it being a back to back, if he plays well give him a start on Sunday as well. Howard has been looking very average lately, and I'd like to see (like joe posted) if they can start a situation like Anaheim with Gus playing the part of Fasth and force Howard to up his game.
I think Gustavsson will get some starts, I just don't know in the midst of a losing streak is when you turn to your backup.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:51 PM
  #37
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
No it isn't. This 48 games is only 5 days fewer than the final 48 games of a usual regular season. It's not as condensed as people think. The season ends right before May.
You missed the point completely. When would any goalie not named Martin Broduer start 46 out of the 48 games without being completely overworked?

Just because Howard can play 65 games total in a full season does not mean he should be starting 46/48

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
  #38
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
You missed the point completely. When would any goalie not named Martin Broduer start 46 out of the 48 games without being completely overworked?
Tons of goalies are going to do that this season, Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Brodeur. Teams don't have the luxury of not playing their best guys every night they can.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #39
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Tons of goalies are going to do that this season, Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Brodeur. Teams don't have the luxury of not playing their best guys every night they can.
Every single one of those goalies has already started two games this season as the backup. Literally every single one.

39-41 games is pushing it.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
  #40
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Every single one of those goalies has already started two games this season as the backup. Literally every single one.
So have the Wings.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #41
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
So have the Wings.
So they obviously don't want him playing 46/48 games, do they?

Are the wheels turning?


Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-22-2013 at 02:54 PM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
  #42
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
So they obviously don't want him playing 46/48 games, do they?
No, and I don't think he will. But he should be capable of it.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
  #43
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I have no problem with Howard starting at all. Monster hasn't shown me ****. Wouldn't mind Mrazek getting a start but he's in GR.
Not too surprising considering he hasn't started a game yet?

Howard should be the goalie in 80% of the games for the remainder of the year. If the playoffs are on the line, maybe 100% the last 10 games.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
  #44
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
No, and I don't think he will. But he should be capable of it.
30 team's coaches and trainers evidently disagree with you.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
  #45
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
30 team's coaches and trainers evidently disagree with you.
No they don't. People not doing things doesn't mean they're not capable of it. I'm capable of banning who ever I want, I'm choosing not to do it.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
  #46
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
No they don't. People not doing things doesn't mean they're not capable of it. I'm capable of banning who ever I want, I'm choosing not to do it.
You could ban me, but it wouldn't make you right. If the coaches thought the goalie could play 46 games, they'd be playing them for it, unless they think the fatigue would make their goalies struggle and that the backup would give the team a better chance of winning, which also goes against your point too when the designated starter is much better than the backup. Either way, 46 games will never happen and for good reason.


Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-22-2013 at 02:54 PM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
  #47
DRWCountryClub
Registered User
 
DRWCountryClub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Heaton, not the best thing comparing Howard to guys like Quick, Lunqvist, Rinne, Brodeur...

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:05 PM
  #48
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
You could ban me, but it wouldn't make you right. If the coaches thought the goalie could play 46 games, they'd be playing them for it, unless they think the fatigue would make their goalies struggle and that the backup would give the team a better chance of winning, which also goes against your point too when the designated starter is much better than the backup. Either way, 46 games will never happen and for good reason.
Don't you question coaching and GMing decisions all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Heaton, not the best thing comparing Howard to guys like Quick, Lunqvist, Rinne, Brodeur...
I never compared their skill level.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:00 PM
  #49
lkleung007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
The point is that Howard has not been getting it done and we have been losing games...now out of a playoff spot. Gustavsson may be the "backup" but he may be the spark to get our team winning again. Gustavsson pushing Howard for starts is good competition...just letting Howard play every game until he says he needs a break is not helping the team.

Every player on the team should be working everyday to keep their job...including our goaltenders.

lkleung007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.