HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL thread: Esks in camp

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Expatriate

vCash: 50
Esks sign Marcell young

http://www.esks.com/article/esks-sign-free-agent-young

Damn, you beat me to it MG

Old
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
The Esks have one more signing to announce. It will be done when Swerve is ready. That's probably it.
Any hints?

Signing Young lessens the blow of losing Weldon Brown but considering that he was a DB in Hamilton...

Old
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Any hints?

Signing Young lessens the blow of losing Weldon Brown but considering that he was a DB in Hamilton...
I don't know who it is. I just know one more signing is coming.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:22 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

@JasonGregor: Expect the Eskimos to sign a Canadian O-lineman. They already signed a DL and DB, and want to get more depth on O-line. #cfl

Old
02-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Stoneman89

Perrett actually signed with the Als a few days ago, so he was never going to be in play today.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...f-perrett.html

I doubt they chased Kackert, since they already have a starting running back here. Not sure why he'd want to come and compete all over again and try to win a starting job with another CFL team. I think they're pretty happy with Charles as their feature back.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Edmonton Eskimos ‏@cfl_esks
#Esks sign offensive lineman Alexander Krausnick. Read about it here --> http://*******/Vlytrt #CFLFA13 #cfl

Old
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
HockeyOrDie
Hockey Hockey Hockey

Didn't see this anywhere:

Edmonton The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club announces the signing of free agent non-import defensive back Chris Rwabukamba (pronounced Rub-uh-come-buh).

http://www.esks.com/article/esks-sign-free-agent-db

Old
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Schitzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Agree with you as well as per amount of games played. I can't see going to +40games/year. These days I go to half a dozen Esks games per year at most.
Man, you've got that right. This season with a compressed schedule especially, it seems like every second night is spent at Rexall.

Edit: and maybe it's my imagination, but it sure feels like we have more 8 pm starts than normal.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Schitzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The worry with Willis is attitude and penalties. He can get to the Qb but is pretty undisciplined re offside and roughing the passer.
Well, if anyone can get his head on straight, it's Kavis Reed, Football Whisperer.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
MoneyGuy

Talked with Swerve today. I love the guy. He gets it and will be good for the team.

- He said the plan is that Joseph doesn't see the field this season. When Ed explains it the signing makes total, total sense.
- he's been talking with two teams today. He didn't say what it's about, so I'm inferring trade talk. There will be no more FA signings.
- Nichols will be fully ready for camp and will compete for the starter's job. An announcement tomorrow.
- Messam was a cancer in the dressing room. Ed said our problem is now Montreal's.
- He promises that the Eskimo way is back. Anyone who doesn't exude that character will not be here.
- He almost cried when he got the GM job.

Can hardly wait for camp.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Good stuff. It's a damn shame that Messam wasn't able to shed the immature reputation that he cultivated in BC.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:49 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Talked with Swerve today. I love the guy. He gets it and will be good for the team.

- He said the plan is that Joseph doesn't see the field this season. When Ed explains it the signing makes total, total sense.
- he's been talking with two teams today. He didn't say what it's about, so I'm inferring trade talk. There will be no more FA signings.
- Nichols will be fully ready for camp and will compete for the starter's job. An announcement tomorrow.
- Messam was a cancer in the dressing room. Ed said our problem is now Montreal's.
- He promises that the Eskimo way is back. Anyone who doesn't exude that character will not be here.

Was the cancer just last year because he wasn't playing? Or was it in 2011 as well, because if it was just last year it's quite understandable.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:53 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Was the cancer just last year because he wasn't playing? Or was it in 2011 as well, because if it was just last year it's quite understandable.
It was both years. They had had enough.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:58 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
It was both years. They had had enough.
Thanks. Not that I was really against the move in the first place.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:

So I take it you now endorse him as the GM for the team? Sounded like you weren't entirely on board when it was announced, as I recall.

Interesting about Messam. He was considered a problem in B.C, which got him punted out of there for next to nothing, and now the same thing here. Guess the tigers stripes never change. Bet he doesn't last more than 2 seasons max in Montreal.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
So I take it you now endorse him as the GM for the team? Sounded like you weren't entirely on board when it was announced, as I recall.

Interesting about Messam. He was considered a problem in B.C, which got him punted out of there for next to nothing, and now the same thing here. Guess the tigers stripes never change. Bet he doesn't last more than 2 seasons max in Montreal.
Yeah, I thought he needed some grooming. I was wrong. He's stepped right in.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Yeah, I thought he needed some grooming. I was wrong. He's stepped right in.

Some people just need to be given a chance to show what they can do without being prejudged. Glad you're on board now as well, because I had a good feeling about the man as a GM from the minute they hired him, but I think he's proving it on a day by day basis.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Some people just need to be given a chance to show what they can do without being prejudged. Glad you're on board now as well, because I had a good feeling about the man as a GM from the minute they hired him, but I think he's proving it on a day by day basis.
There is no proving until the balls are snapped and the games are won.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the "Eskimo way" every offseason because what "Eskimo way" has meant for a long time now is losing. Year after year.

Takes more than good intent to get the job done.

Plus as long as guys like Kyle Koch have jobs I don't know how much has changed.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
There is no proving until the balls are snapped and the games are won.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the "Eskimo way" every offseason because what "Eskimo way" has meant for a long time now is losing. Year after year.

Takes more than good intent to get the job done.

Plus as long as guys like Kyle Koch have jobs I don't know how much has changed.

You're a tough nut to crack and convert. Unfortunately you can't clean all the horse poop out of the barn with one shovelful. Give him some more time please.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
You're a tough nut to crack and convert. Unfortunately you can't clean all the horse poop out of the barn with one shovelful. Give him some more time please.
For sure.

As you note I'm hardly even commenting on the thread. Just for me after having blind faith last season(admittedly) and feeling like getting kicked in the junk its show me time for this org and nothing else works. I'm not committing as a fan until I see something different taking place on the football field.

This is not even about Hervey. More about losing patience. I'll go to some games win or lose. But it sure impacts my caring and passion about this club.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
joestevens29

http://www.esks.com/article/esks-sig...20130225035903

(Edmonton) – The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club announces the signing of import linebacker Rennie Curran.

“Rennie is a very athletic linebacker who will add depth and competition to a position we are already strong in,” says Eskimo Head Coach Kavis Reed.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

@vickihallch: Stampeders sign veteran LB Rod Davis, formerly of the Montreal Alouettes.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:16 AM
joestevens29

Edmonton) – The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club has acquired the second-round pick (10th overall) and third-round pick (24th overall) in the 2013 CFL Draft from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in exchange for the rights to non-import defensive lineman Hasan Hazime and Edmonton’s second-round pick (15th overall) in the 2013 CFL Draft.

“One of our off-season priorities is re-establishing ourselves in the 2013 Draft. This move allows us the opportunity to focus on the future,” says Eskimo General Manager Ed Hervey.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Beerfish

Hervey is not a sit on your hands kind of gm that is for sure. At least the draft will hold a bit more interest now.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM
MoneyGuy

I think he's doing a bang up job so far. I'm glad he's not sitting on his hands.

Last edited by MoneyGuy: 02-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Closed Thread