Notices

Karri Ramo

Old
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 50
Karri Ramo

I'm ready for Ramo to lose in his playoffs and come on over here now. I've been watching videos on his games and he looks like the total package. That is if his game translates to the NHL, he can play in shootouts, as Avangard doesn't score very much they seem to be in a lot of them, he has the focus to play a full 60 minutes regardless of the amount of action. Frick his playoff stats are 0.51 Gaa and a .981 save percentage. I don't see him losing any time soon, but I would love to see him here very soon. Also, being Finnish I feel like him and Kipper might get along just fine, as well as ease him back into the NHL.

In fact, if we could get him here once we no longer have any shot of getting out of last place I think that would be premium.

Sorry about posting another thing relating to the future of the Flames but our goaltending situation is quite depressing and Ramo lifts my spirits.

Last edited by Stewie Griffin: 04-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
I'm ready for Ramo to lose in his playoffs and come on over here now. I've been watching videos on his games and he looks like the total package. That is if his game translates to the NHL, he can play in shootouts, as Avangard doesn't score very much they seem to be in a lot of them, he has the focus to play a full 60 minutes regardless of the amount of action. Frick his playoff stats are 0.51 Gaa and a .981 save percentage. I don't see him losing any time soon, but I would love to see him here very soon. Also, being Finnish I feel like him and Kipper might get along just fine, as well as ease him back into the NHL.

In fact, if we could get him here once we no longer have any shot of getting out of last place I think that would be premium.

Sorry about posting another thing relating to the future of the Flames but our goaltending situation is quite depressing and Ramo lifts my spirits.
I haven't seen much of Ramo besides his early years playing for Tampa. The question with Ramo is very much can he transfer his game over here in Calgary. I personally hope we get him next season because things are looking pretty bad for this team this year. I don't think he's in the Flames' plans this year so I hope he has a great playoffs. As Kipper is getting older, I would very much like to have a goalie tandem of Kipper/Ramo next season where they play half/half to kinda ease Ramo into that goaltending postion.. No point in rushing him.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Nordberg

I think Ramo could be the next big thing which is exactly what we need. I'm just hoping for him to perform well in his POs and for him to want to bring his very A game next season.

Nordberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Its pretty obvious I think, based on how the Flames have treated their other backups this year, that Ramo is going to be the guy going forward.

Risking losing Irving, traded Karl and juggling two AHL goalies. All signs point to Ramo for me.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I don't think we see him this year as we are already at 49 contracts and management has made it clear they want to try and sign college free agents. But think it is clear given how Irving has been treated that management expects Ramo to come over and most likely expects him to be a starter. Given how some of the goalies have done so far that have come over to NA after playing over seas last few years I have pretty high hope from Ramo.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I don't think we see him this year as we are already at 49 contracts and management has made it clear they want to try and sign college free agents. But think it is clear given how Irving has been treated that management expects Ramo to come over and most likely expects him to be a starter. Given how some of the goalies have done so far that have come over to NA after playing over seas last few years I have pretty high hope from Ramo.
Yeah, just take a look at a guy like Viktor Fasth who had less impressive stats in an inferior, very defensive league and played his way into a 2 year extension in under 10 games with ANA. It's not far fetched that Ramo can come in and be a starter sooner rather than later. I just hope he can be committed to the NHL and more importantly the Flames.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Yeah, just take a look at a guy like Viktor Fasth who had less impressive stats in an inferior, very defensive league and played his way into a 2 year extension in under 10 games with ANA. It's not far fetched that Ramo can come in and be a starter sooner rather than later. I just hope he can be committed to the NHL and more importantly the Flames.
Didn't he get his first NHL shot under Feaster?

Old
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
I don't think he has ever played in the NHL before this season.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Yes he played 24 games before Feaster resigned.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
I'd rather he dominate in the KHL playoffs, puff up his ego and bring him over here next training camp with a chip on his shoulder.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:14 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yes he played 24 games before Feaster resigned.
I thought he was talking about Fasth.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I thought he was talking about Fasth.
Well, Fasth never played in America before. He started playing hockey late and worked his way up through the lower tier leagues in Sweden. Pretty cool story actually. Hard to not cheer for the guy to do well.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Well, Fasth never played in America before. He started playing hockey late and worked his way up through the lower tier leagues in Sweden. Pretty cool story actually. Hard to not cheer for the guy to do well.
Ya sorry, meant Ramo, was commenting on Ramo showing some loyalty to the Flames, and I figure he might actually have some towards Feaster, as Feaster has shown two times in his career that he wants him on his team.

Also, on the topic of near future goaltending, it would be cool if after Kippers contract was up, Ortio was able to make the transition, as apparently only Finnish goalies are allowed to win consistently in Calgary lol.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Ya sorry, meant Ramo, was commenting on Ramo showing some loyalty to the Flames, and I figure he might actually have some towards Feaster, as Feaster has shown two times in his career that he wants him on his team.

Also, on the topic of near future goaltending, it would be cool if after Kippers contract was up, Ortio was able to make the transition, as apparently only Finnish goalies are allowed to win consistently in Calgary lol.
Maybe if our backup was Finnish the team would show up in front of him every once in a while Can't believe management never thought of that!

Old
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Maybe if our backup was Finnish the team would show up in front of him every once in a while Can't believe management never thought of that!
Kipper should lend them his mask, a red sock and some glue and maybe we can trick the team into playing well

Old
02-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Remember2004

Is Ramo coming over here for sure? 100%?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:48 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Is Ramo coming over here for sure? 100%?
Well who knows for 100% certainty but he hasn't given any indication of not coming here. Here's an interview from last May, can't find anything more recent but I doubt he's changed his outlook. If anything the current goalie farce should convince him even further that the starter job is indeed up for grabs.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:04 AM
JJTT

Not sure this was posted already but according to Finnish reporter Juha Hiitelä, Flames want Rämö to come over after his games in the khl are done

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1288534529046.html

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:09 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath View Post
Well who knows for 100% certainty but he hasn't given any indication of not coming here. Here's an interview from last May, can't find anything more recent but I doubt he's changed his outlook. If anything the current goalie farce should convince him even further that the starter job is indeed up for grabs.
If I'm not mistaken I believe that Ramo has said that the only way he would come over is to be a number 1 goalie. I have no source to that but I think that was why he was more excited to be a flame then he was under the Canadiens organization because he wants to be a number 1 in the NHL.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:10 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Not sure this was posted already but according to Finnish reporter Juha Hiitelä, Flames want Rämö to come over after his games in the khl are done

Did feaster not say in his interview last week about the roster that Ramo will not come over this season? I believe he was asked if Ramo would come over after this KHL season and he said no but was possibly next year.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
If I'm not mistaken I believe that Ramo has said that the only way he would come over is to be a number 1 goalie. I have no source to that but I think that was why he was more excited to be a flame then he was under the Canadiens organization because he wants to be a number 1 in the NHL.
He said he wants to be given a chance to compete for that spot, but he also said he would love to play with Kipper

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:37 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
He said he wants to be given a chance to compete for that spot, but he also said he would love to play with Kipper
With kipper only having another year on his deal, and this team possibly having no other choice but to rebuild, this could probably be the best situation for him to be given a chance at being a number 1 in my mind.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
With kipper only having another year on his deal, and this team possibly having no other choice but to rebuild, this could probably be the best situation for him to be given a chance at being a number 1 in my mind.
This is what I'm thinking.

I'd imagine he will come next year to learn from Kipper, and they will share starts. That is, if Kipper doesn't retire.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post

Ramo would have to clear NHL waivers to play for the Flames this season, he won't be coming over this season. Unless it's an AHL contract?..

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:31 PM
tfong

Any good highlight compilations of him for recent year?

Last edited by tfong: 02-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.
tfong is offline   Reply With Quote