HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 09:45 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If Bernier were involved, my sights would shift toward Niederreiter.
and Snow would imo say no thanks. The isles top 6 is 5'11- 6'1 and lacks a real physical presence. Okposo's fine with the puck pursuit, but doesn't lay out big hits, like Nino does.

Snow has paid zero attention to Nino's trade demand. Nino+ his agent, seem to have quietly accepted that they will have to bide their time, until Nino gets another chance to make the NYI roster.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Wouldn't mind sending a late round pick to Florida for Kovalev at the deadline if/when they decide to sell.

That's not gonna happen

Old
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
That's not gonna happen
Why not?

We have gotten absolutely no production from our bottom 6 forwards. He's on a one year deal so he's a rental. Not the skater or offensive force he used to be, but still has sick hands and a great wrist shot. Has always been very good on the PP. Would presumably give the Kings some potential secondary scoring and could help the PP.

He wouldn't be my first option if we are looking to add a forward, but I wouldn't be opposed to him if he comes for the price of a 7th round pick. What's the real risk? If he sucks or he's a dog, then he's a healthy scratch and gone after the season.

Not everyone is going to be a solid two way forward who plays well in all zones. You need some skill guys who are more offensive minded at times, especially when you're struggling to score like the Kings.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Why not?

We have gotten absolutely no production from our bottom 6 forwards. He's on a one year deal so he's a rental. Not the skater or offensive force he used to be, but still has sick hands and a great wrist shot. Has always been very good on the PP. Would presumably give the Kings some potential secondary scoring and could help the PP.

He wouldn't be my first option if we are looking to add a forward, but I wouldn't be opposed to him if he comes for the price of a 7th round pick. What's the real risk? If he sucks or he's a dog, then he's a healthy scratch and gone after the season.

Not everyone is going to be a solid two way forward who plays well in all zones. You need some skill guys who are more offensive minded at times, especially when you're struggling to score like the Kings.
Lombardi doesn't want this kind of player. Penner was bad enough and Kovalev would be even more of a reach.

Lee Stempniak would be a MUCH better option

Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
KingCanadain1976

With Rick DiPietro hitting the wavier wire any chance there clearing room to get bernier ++

Old
02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
With Rick DiPietro hitting the wavier wire any chance there clearing room to get bernier ++
Doubtful. They have several goaltending prospects in the system as is, some they think pretty high of. Also, I don't know what they'd be sending us that we'd need that they'd also be willing to move. Reports have it they are close to an extension for Nabokov, so can't see them dealing for Bernier if he's extended. Also, Streit is supposedly close to an extension, which would be a great target for a rental D-man for us.

I'd wager they are waiving Dipstick so he can go to the farm and get in some playing time. After the past few seasons, he really needs it. And no one is going to claim him with that contract, so it's just a formality to send him through waivers.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Doubtful. They have several goaltending prospects in the system as is, some they think pretty high of. Also, I don't know what they'd be sending us that we'd need that they'd also be willing to move. Reports have it they are close to an extension for Nabokov, so can't see them dealing for Bernier if he's extended. Also, Streit is supposedly close to an extension, which would be a great target for a rental D-man for us.

I'd wager they are waiving Dipstick so he can go to the farm and get in some playing time. After the past few seasons, he really needs it. And no one is going to claim him with that contract, so it's just a formality to send him through waivers.
Fair enuff i was just thinking there was serveral islander fans interested in jb or at least expressing interest which made me think there not sold on extending nabokov and so high on there propects.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

It's not always the case, but typically teams who waive a player to make room for a trade, do it at the same time they make the trade, not prior to it. So if the Islanders were interested in JB and wanted to waive Dipstick to make room, they'd have waived him at the same time as acquiring Bernier.

The trade deadline is often an exception to this, as there is a deadline in place, so teams will waive players both to clear roster room in case they do pull the trigger on a trade, as well as to waive players hoping someone else will claim them to clear contract spots if they are close to or at the 50 contract limit.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
DontgoZiggy

Do think Lombardi puts a claim in on Mursak? Would he be an improvement on what we've got already?

Old
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I'd be shocked. We don't have any injuries up front and Brad Richardson is a healthy scratch. You'd think DL/DS would play him before claiming someone like Mursak.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Doubt it, we have too many meh forwards already. Unless you claim him, then flip Richardson for a pick

Old
02-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's something worth contemplating. Look at how Grabner was a waiver claim and broke out with the Islanders. But as kingsfan and sw1tch stated, it's probably unlikely given the number of forwards currently on the roster.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

well if he can help i would consider it Nolan can be demoted without clearing waviers So we really dont lose anyone

Old
02-22-2013, 03:49 PM
TheSlovenian

Another Slovenian on the Kings team? Yes please.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
I think we'll claim him, doubt he'll make it to us. If he does, adios Richie.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
well if he can help i would consider it Nolan can be demoted without clearing waviers So we really dont lose anyone
Sorry but this is so ****ing stupid. If I could, I would clone Nolan and dress a fourth line of just him. He's a PERFECT 4th liner. If anyone should go, look at Richie first.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Sorry but this is so ****ing stupid. If I could, I would clone Nolan and dress a fourth line of just him. He's a PERFECT 4th liner. If anyone should go, look at Richie first.
Yep, agree completely

Old
02-22-2013, 04:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
And who plays in nolan's place that can play as good as he can at what he does?

There's a reason Richie and Gagne aren't playing and he is. Mursak's not going to play that role either.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Johnny Utah

Send Nolan down WTF? Kings are a bit soft right now without Westgarth and Greene and now you take away Nolan who has 3 fights, all wins, and is our best hitter besides Doughty.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:45 PM
likid

Mursak is just not built for Kings style of game. Me as Slovenian would be very happy to have another Slovenian at Kings, but I don't believe Mursak would do well here.

I believe the best thing for Mursak would be to be claimed by one eastern team. He is much better when game is not so phisical as it is in the west usually.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
And who plays in nolan's place that can play as good as he can at what he does?

There's a reason Richie and Gagne aren't playing and he is. Mursak's not going to play that role either.
Nolon is playing a whole 8 mins or so a game. I have no issue when hes playing on the 4th line. The probelm i have is when hes moved up to the 3rd line He has no offensive skills. I cant count the number of time i ve seen him lose the puck in the offensive zone when there is no reason to. imo we need someone with offensive skill on that line. I would rather see richardson playing there. The "role of enforcer" is all he has and it can be taken by king ( since he aint doing much offensively) or ellerby. This team is big and tuff all over and needs more skill on its wings The reason gagne and richardson isnt playing is we have 6 lws and noone is going to get regular playing time till we get rid of one for a right winger. make that 7 now that lewis is getting game time there.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
and if u play him on the fourth line fine but we need talent on the 3rd and this is where the issue with nolan He is not a 3rd line player period. He gets to many 3rd line mins which i dont like seeing.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:02 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Send Nolan down WTF? Kings are a bit soft right now without Westgarth and Greene and now you take away Nolan who has 3 fights, all wins, and is our best hitter besides Doughty.
Sorry but we dont need a westgarth the days of goon hockey is gone. Excerby king and clifford and richards all have fight with alot better skill after there done. He s playing 8 mins agame. If they keep him on 4th line no issues i simply want skill on the 3rd line.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:24 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Sorry but we dont need a westgarth the days of goon hockey is gone. Excerby king and clifford and richards all have fight with alot better skill after there done. He s playing 8 mins agame. If they keep him on 4th line no issues i simply want skill on the 3rd line.
If you can't see the difference between Nolan and Westgarth than there is no point arguing Nolan's worth to the Kings. Personally I've been disappointed with Dwight King and wouldn't be surprised if he was traded within the next 12 months. As for his low number of minutes played I actually think Nolan accomplishes more than most Kings who get double the ice time (Stoll/Lewis/King)

Old
02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
If you can't see the difference between Nolan and Westgarth than there is no point arguing Nolan's worth to the Kings. Personally I've been disappointed with Dwight King and wouldn't be surprised if he was traded within the next 12 months. As for his low number of minutes played I actually think Nolan accomplishes more than most Kings who get double the ice time (Stoll/Lewis/King)
Im not saying that nolon doesnt have value. I just see him playing along richards and stoll and he doesnt add anything to the line offensive wise. He has value as a 4th line guy who can drop the gloves and hit hard. Im just saying i want a skilled guy in the rw spot with stoll on the 3rd line and there nothing wrong with saying that. I also said IF he can help which means if hes a upgrade to that postion. We cant continue with lewis and nolan as the bottom 6 rws. We also have a inbalance on this team with 7 lws. I was only sugesting that nolon could go down without waviers in order to give this team time to get rid of a lw or 2 We dont have to dress a physical player or fighter all the time.

Closed Thread