HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Grabovski

Old
07-13-2006, 07:01 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I wouldnt mind having Gravbovski, Kosts, Chipchura dominate in the AHL for a few months.
Giving us time to figure out what the teams next move should be.
Wish we could do the same with Latendresse. It would be nice to start him in the AHL than call him up in the year, but sadly, for him, it's either NHL or juniors. IMO, he doens't have anything left to prove in juniors.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Gravbovski was playing with Kosty few years ago , and were burning the points sheet both of them .

I suppose that Gainey is going to ask then to do the same thing in the AHL ; '' Guys , have fun together and show them what you are able to do together ! '' Not sure , but i think that Grab is more a hard worker than Kostyy , and i feel that they want him to stimulate Kost to be more implicate ( on the ice and may be out of it ; english lessons for the two ? )

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post
Grabo is ready (proven more than kost has)
Perez is ready (same thing)

If Lats has the same camp as last year he's ready

what do we do with these 3 kids? especially with bonk, ribs, ryder cloggin up space on this roster... i can see lats on the 4th line but are there 'nuff wing spots for grabo and perez?
Well not trying to imply that I know because I don't, but if it can help start to answer this question, Carbo said in a recent interview that he himself got into the league by stealing a regular's spot and that every player has to follow that path, probably meaning that if a younster is a clear cut better fit than an established player on the team with whom he was competing for a spot, they'll find a way to make some room (trade, waivers, whatever). And my guess is it will be particularly true for the players like Coté, Ferland and I didn't know but apparently Perezhogin who would have to clear waivers if sent down.

In any event, having too much quality players should be seen as a good problem, the kind every coach and GM dreams of having.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
IMO, he doens't have anything left to prove in juniors.
That's not true. He still has to prove he can be consistant, and that he can be a catalyst and a leader for his team. Maybe his physical skills wouldn't improve all that much, but his mental skills certainly could and should.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Belso

I don't see why the Habs would rush any of the kids. I agree to let them start in the AHL and show get used to the american style. Kostitsyn has pure talent, but he may still be getting used to the smaller ice surface. His vision is needs to adapt to become more efficent on the ice. SAme goes for Grabovsky. He needs to show he can play on a smaller rink. Let him make his mistakes in Hamliton and when he's ready, he can replace Ribeiro when he sucks or if someone gets injured. I'd be surprised if the Habs go a full season with 95% of the players they started the season with.as for Latendresse I think if he has a great camp, he will probably make the jump from LHJMQ to AHL for at least the beginning of the season for the same reasons as everyone else. The skill is too great at the NHL level. Inexperianced players need to learn how to go from one level to the other unless your a god like Ovechkin!! For the rest of them, take your time!!! It took Spezza a half a season of playing in the AHL before he joint the big club. And in his first year, as I will post below, he didn't get 100pts.(he would of had over 100pts this year had he not been injured)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-senators

So you got to give these guys learning time. If the preassure isn't too much, they'll do fine in a few years. Even Chipchura has to get used to playing in the AHL. It's only normal. So let's just sit back and watch the team play and enjoy the game.. THese kids will have a chance to play in the near future. Besides, we don't even know if Saku will be ready to start the season. I sure hope he comes back! It's been a while since he's has such a good team!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
cats_n_dogs

We'll take him in Hamilton! Grabs = goals for the Bulldogs!

cats_n_dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
I think unless he REALLY impresses in camp it was assumed he'd spend a year in Hamilton to get used to the NA game and with a good possibility for some call-ups.
It isnt like he has to beat out Bobby Orr for a job. If he wows the brass, or if there are injuries, he will play.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Well not trying to imply that I know because I don't, but if it can help start to answer this question, Carbo said in a recent interview that he himself got into the league by stealing a regular's spot and that every player has to follow that path, probably meaning that if a younster is a clear cut better fit than an established player on the team with whom he was competing for a spot, they'll find a way to make some room (trade, waivers, whatever). And my guess is it will be particularly true for the players like Coté, Ferland and I didn't know but apparently Perezhogin who would have to clear waivers if sent down.

In any event, having too much quality players should be seen as a good problem, the kind every coach and GM dreams of having.
IF my memeory serves me Carbo and Dan Daoust were leading the farm team at the time and Carbo was around 24(or maybe 22) when brought up.

Old
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I don't see why the Habs would rush any of the kids. I agree to let them start in the AHL and show get used to the american style. Kostitsyn has pure talent, but he may still be getting used to the smaller ice surface. His vision is needs to adapt to become more efficent on the ice. SAme goes for Grabovsky. He needs to show he can play on a smaller rink. Let him make his mistakes in Hamliton and when he's ready, he can replace Ribeiro when he sucks or if someone gets injured. I'd be surprised if the Habs go a full season with 95% of the players they started the season with.as for Latendresse I think if he has a great camp, he will probably make the jump from LHJMQ to AHL for at least the beginning of the season for the same reasons as everyone else.

Lats cannot play in the AHL.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:19 AM
SOLR

I'll just say this. Grabo got the easiest spot to win in this team. Ribeiro's one. I think Kost proved as much as grabo, hes been in North America for 2 years now, so the adaptation should be done, while grabo got more experience at a higher level but is not adapted.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
IF my memeory serves me Carbo and Dan Daoust were leading the farm team at the time and Carbo was around 24(or maybe 22) when brought up.
Carbonneau played 2 full seasons in the AHL (88 & 94 pts respectively) and then joined the Habs... He was 22. Man, that guy put up some unreal numbers in junior!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...?pid%5B%5D=809

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I have some doubts on chip ever making it. He is just too slow. He could maybe be packaged with Souray for an upgrade.
I have had the same gnawing feeling about Chipchura ever since he was drafted. The "new" NHL may have passed him by. He'd better upgrade his skating or else develop a blistering, accurate shot that he doesn't have now.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Grabovski won't replace Ribeiro immediately. Give him a couple of years.

Old
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I have had the same gnawing feeling about Chipchura ever since he was drafted. The "new" NHL may have passed him by. He'd better upgrade his skating or else develop a blistering, accurate shot that he doesn't have now.
Chipchura was rated number 1 in NA (behind AO and Malkin) entering his draft year. Early in that season his skating was criticized. It was later learned that Chipchura was slow due to a nagging groin injury. Then he came back at full speed and was ripping up the WHL and was ready to make the Canadian Junior Team as an 18 year old. Then he hurt his achilles, upon his return he was again labelled slow due to the recovery from this injury (one that typically takes two years to fully get over). By the last 1/4 of last season, the playoffs, and his stint in hamilton his speed had improved. This year i bet we will see him up to his full speed because he will be further removed from the injury.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Carbonneau played 2 full seasons in the AHL (88 & 94 pts respectively) and then joined the Habs... He was 22. Man, that guy put up some unreal numbers in junior!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...?pid%5B%5D=809
lol I have to admit these stats are sick.......

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Chipchura was rated number 1 in NA (behind AO and Malkin) entering his draft year. Early in that season his skating was criticized. It was later learned that Chipchura was slow due to a nagging groin injury. Then he came back at full speed and was ripping up the WHL and was ready to make the Canadian Junior Team as an 18 year old. Then he hurt his achilles, upon his return he was again labelled slow due to the recovery from this injury (one that typically takes two years to fully get over). By the last 1/4 of last season, the playoffs, and his stint in hamilton his speed had improved. This year i bet we will see him up to his full speed because he will be further removed from the injury.
I hope so because he seems to have some very good qualities otherwise.

Old
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I seen him play a number of whl games and he wasnt ripping it up

Old
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
lol I have to admit these stats are sick.......
The thinking at the time was that the Habs didnt need Savard as they had Carbo coming up. The best player chosen wasnt Savard but Paul Coffey anyway

Old
07-14-2006, 08:47 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Grabovski won't replace Ribeiro immediately. Give him a couple of years.
How do you know?

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I seen him play a number of whl games and he wasnt ripping it up
Was he not leading his team in scoring before going down with the achilles injury??Was he not around a ppg, possibly better??

I remember a lot of positive news about him prior to that injury.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 08:46 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
How do you know?
Hmm.. nobody knows except the Habs front office, but its doubtfull. Gravosky has zero games N.A experience, you can't expect him to be the starting no.2 center right away IMO. I don't think he is two years away though. Timmins did mention him in the interview he did recently as one of the guys he expects to surprise during this year's camp and in between the lines I thought he hinted that he would push the vets for a spot this season.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Hmm.. nobody knows except the Habs front office, but its doubtfull. Gravosky has zero games N.A experience, you can't expect him to be the starting no.2 center right away IMO. I don't think he is two years away though. Timmins did mention him in the interview he did recently as one of the guys he expects to surprise during this year's camp and in between the lines I thought he hinted that he would push the vets for a spot this season.
I say hes in within a year or at the start of next season.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote