HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Old
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
But at least we have a rivalry now!
Silving lining I guess...lol...

At least NBC Sports Network won't lie next time if they have Avs vs. Blues on their "Wednesday Rivalry Night".....so....we've got that goin' for us

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Silving lining I guess...lol...

At least NBC Sports Network won't lie next time if they have Avs vs. Blues on their "Wednesday Rivalry Night".....so....we've got that goin' for us
Olver is a proponent of truth in advertising legislation.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Foppa2118

Trolllver reminds me of Spike Jonze, if he were a d**k.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:31 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Remember, it takes one questionable hit to make a rivalry.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:02 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
@jprutherford

Hitch on whether the #stlblues should have responded Wednesday to Olver's hit on Tarasenko: "It's a long season....it's a long season."

@lkorac10

Hitch: "It just seems like a lot of younger players seem to get whacked and put in tough spots and that's what bothers me." #stlblues

@lkorac10

Hitch: "I don't really give a damn what the rule is or what some guy says on the video." #stlblues

I guess if we are out of it (po contention) it would not be the worst game to sit EJ,Lando, Duchene, Varly...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:34 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
@jprutherford

Hitch on whether the #stlblues should have responded Wednesday to Olver's hit on Tarasenko: "It's a long season....it's a long season."

@lkorac10

Hitch: "It just seems like a lot of younger players seem to get whacked and put in tough spots and that's what bothers me." #stlblues

@lkorac10

Hitch: "I don't really give a damn what the rule is or what some guy says on the video." #stlblues

I guess if we are out of it (po contention) it would not be the worst game to sit EJ,Lando, Duchene, Varly...
Good thing is we don't play until April... bad thing we play back to back in those games.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Avs71

The Avs are more than equipped to deal with Blues. Unless its Backes, Stewart, or Reaves doing something, then almost anyone on the Avs could handle any of the other players on the Blues.

That said, it would be fun if the Avs claimed McCormick. I really doubt the Blues would do anything if they knew Reaves and Bordeleau were sitting in the box, and McCleod and McCormick were still out on the ice.

Plus, if the Blues do anything stupid then I'm sure this guy would love to pay back the favour.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
The Avs are more than equipped to deal with Blues. Unless its Backes, Stewart, or Reaves doing something, then almost anyone on the Avs could handle any of the other players on the Blues.

That said, it would be fun if the Avs claimed McCormick. I really doubt the Blues would do anything if they knew Reaves and Bordeleau were sitting in the box, and McCleod and McCormick were still out on the ice.

Plus, if the Blues do anything stupid then I'm sure this guy would love to pay back the favour.

I really miss Downie. I might be one of the only ones, but he was/is one of my favorite players on this team.

Overall the Avs have plenty of players that can scrap (if they are all still here or not hurt at this point) with Bordy, Highlander, SOB, ROB, and Wilson. Heck even McGinn, Jones, Landy, and EJ could if they absolutely had to.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Let's put almost everyone on IR and call-up every player we can from LEM.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:06 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Let's put almost everyone on IR and call-up every player we can from LEM.
Well I would take this easily over a concussed Duchene....

I don't get the notion that we can handle the Blues..
Sure we could. But I don't feel any satisfaction in seeing guys like Pietrangelo or Backes or Oshie getting crushed by our guys in exchange for a Landeskog/Duchene head injury..

But maybe that is just me. I like rivalries. But I don't want them be created by cheapshots or Bertuzzi-like (extreme example) behavior.

I want them created in the playoffs.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:10 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Well I would take this easily over a concussed Duchene....

I don't get the notion that we can handle the Blues..
Sure we could. But I don't feel any satisfaction in seeing guys like Pietrangelo or Backes or Oshie getting crushed by our guys in exchange for a Landeskog/Duchene head injury..

But maybe that is just me. I like rivalries. But I don't want them be created by cheapshots or Bertuzzi-like (extreme example) behavior.

I want them created in the playoffs.
I actually expect this all to simmer down by the time we play the Blues. Olver may have to fight somebody, but that will probably be it.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I actually expect this all to simmer down by the time we play the Blues. Olver may have to fight somebody, but that will probably be it.
Agreed. It is just not worth it for a good team like the Blues to waste a game trying to injure another team, and potentially getting in an eye for an eye situation. Olver will fight someone (my bet is Steen), and then the rest of the game will just be fast paced and aggressive, like a playoff game.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
@jprutherford

@lkorac10

@lkorac10

All of this was said through mouthfuls of donuts, I'm sure.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Funny this coming from Hitchcock, I seem to remember him patting his players back when they took runs at the devils stars. His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
@jprutherford

@lkorac10

@lkorac10

Jeez, here we go another Marc Crawford escalation of emotions over a legal hit. How long does he get to just stand there and fiddle with the puck without getting hit? This isn't the KHL.

You notice every time someone takes a run at an Avalanche player, whether it ends up getting suspended or not, they don't say ****. Why can't other teams do that?

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Unaffiliated

Let's just get Scott Parker and Peter Worrell back.

See how Reaves likes fighting Worrell.

yea i know they're kinda old now

Last edited by Unaffiliated: 02-22-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Let's just get Scott Parker and Peter Worrell back.

See how Reaves likes fighting Worrell.

yea i know they're kinda old now
Even after this long, Scott Parker would still be able to whoop any ass the Blues put on the ice.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote