HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 05:47 PM
  #401
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Absolutely terrible idea to move Heatley from the top line. He was the best offensive player on the ice other than Cullen against Edmonton and has been getting a ton of chances lately. You don't break up a line that is producing chances like that. I guarantee if Heatley continues to get chances he will start potting about .5 goals per game. Which is exactly what we need from a top line winger.

You move Heatley to the 3rd line and you eliminate his game completely. He can produce on that line..maybe he isnt a 50 goal scorer anymore but he is a shoe in 25-30 goal guy with Parise and Koivu in a full season. Coyle is not ready to produce at that level..will he in his career? Maybe...time will tell. I project and hope for him to be a 25 goal 30 assist guy down the road..

But right now moving Heatley anywhere other than alongside Koivu and Parise kills Heatley's game completely and in no way is a benefit to the team. The only way for him to be successful and for us to get maximum value out of his game(and help the team in biggest possible way) is to keep that top line together.
Get back to me after you've watched the last handful of games where Heatley has been an offensive black hole on that line...

I like the **** All-Star, but Yeo needs to get him on a line with Bouchard and Brodziak.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
  #402
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Heatley is also the reason why 1st line got stuck to defensive zone. He just can't close his man on time. Koivu and Parise could use some of that energy on offensive zone what they are using for covering Heatley atm.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
  #403
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,302
vCash: 50
offensive black hole. a little dramatic. he's been really spacey in the d zone but offensively he's pulling his weight.

edit: oh, i forgot Zucker scored a goal.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
  #404
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Get back to me after you've watched the last handful of games where Heatley has been an offensive black hole on that line...

I like the **** All-Star, but Yeo needs to get him on a line with Bouchard and Brodziak.
Not to mention the number of times the top line is stuck down in the other end chasing the puck around like it is a 5v4...well actually it is a 5v4 because Dany is just standing there watching others do actual work, it's like he is a gov't employee or something.

The top line shouldn't be about "what can we do for Dany" and that seems to be what it has become and honestly how much better could Parise be if he had a linemate that was actually pitching in as opposed to just standing there waiting for the puck to end up on his stick?

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
  #405
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
offensive black hole. a little dramatic. he's been really spacey in the d zone but offensively he's pulling his weight.

edit: oh, i forgot Zucker scored a goal.
yeah, i know it was a little dramatic.

maybe not a black hole, but definitely a minnesota winter pot hole...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  #406
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,302
vCash: 50
it seems like everyone is as riled up and nitpicky after a few wins as they are during a losing streak! Come on, people...this crap is working. I don't think the second line in any incarnation would have as many quality chances if the first wasn't stacked with the three that are on it. Coyle isn't even 1/4 the threat Heatley is, and Coyles strength in offense is too similar to Parise's. get in close and work a goal out of it. Zucker doesn't pass...i think he fits better where he's got the opportunity to rush, which he'd be less likely to get against the oppositions better players.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
  #407
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Get back to me after you've watched the last handful of games where Heatley has been an offensive black hole on that line...

I like the **** All-Star, but Yeo needs to get him on a line with Bouchard and Brodziak.

Get back to me when you know anything about the game, or especially the last "handful" of games you speak of.

Lets flashback...how many points did Coyle have playing with Koivu and Parise in those 4 games?? And being handed top PP time??

ZERO.

I don't care if he is a better cycler or plays a better physical game or is a better skater. Heatley flat out produces goals. When it comes to playing someone with passers like Koivu and Parise you need someone who can bury the puck. Someone who can capitalize on those chances the other 2 produce. Heatley can do that. Ill take his 25-30 goals playing on that line in a full season over Coyle not producing anyday.

Get back to me when Coyle learns how to produce at the NHL level offensively. Don't think that is magically happening this year. He hasn't exactly lit the AHL on fire.

In the future will Coyle be that guy? Sure I think there is a good chance he will be that guy. But you arguing that Heatley should be replaced on the top line right now is absurd. I don't think you've watched the last games where he actually has had the most opportunities of any of our forwards since he has been put back on the top line.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:15 PM
  #408
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
it seems like everyone is as riled up and nitpicky after a few wins as they are during a losing streak! Come on, people...this crap is working. I don't think the second line in any incarnation would have as many quality chances if the first wasn't stacked with the three that are on it. Coyle isn't even 1/4 the threat Heatley is, and Coyles strength in offense is too similar to Parise's. get in close and work a goal out of it. Zucker doesn't pass...i think he fits better where he's got the opportunity to rush, which he'd be less likely to get against the oppositions better players.
Atleast someone else in this thread has some sense...lets replace our 2nd best sniper with a rookie who has 0 NHL points and hasn't lit the world on fire in the AHL because he is a better skater and can cycle good...OR NOT.

Furthermore lets act like were gonna put a 7.5 million dollar former 50 goal scorer on the third line because he is kinda slow. Slow or not he can still score goals..maybe not 50 or even 40..but 30 in a full season is no ridiculous expectation for him. Lets move him from a line with someone who can get him the puck and get the full value out of his game..which is to bury passes and rebounds(Koivu passes, Parise rebounds) and move him to a line where he will get neither. That will sure help him and the Wild...NOT.

As for Heatleys speed hindering his line..Name Koivu's best line mate he ever had in his career. Who was his most productive years playing with..yep you guessed it..one of the few players actually SLOWER than Heatley. Andrew Brunette.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:04 PM
  #409
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Big long rant about how Heatley produces goals.
I don't wanna be that guy, but Heatley has 1 goal in his last 11 games.

And it's not like he's getting assists either. He only has two of those in those same 11 games.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:18 PM
  #410
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
I don't wanna be that guy, but Heatley has 1 goal in his last 11 games.

And it's not like he's getting assists either. He only has two of those in those same 11 games.
Well then its obvious that Parise and Koivu need to work even harder for Dany

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:27 PM
  #411
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
I don't wanna be that guy, but Heatley has 1 goal in his last 11 games.

And it's not like he's getting assists either. He only has two of those in those same 11 games.

Along with how many posts and how many good chances..the argument was that right now Heatley outproduces Coyle. and until we find someone better to produce on that top line Heatley should stay there.

Would you beg to differ?

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
  #412
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
I don't wanna be that guy, but Heatley has 1 goal in his last 11 games.

And it's not like he's getting assists either. He only has two of those in those same 11 games.

Also how many of those were when they demoted him..first two games back he had a goal and 2 assists..last night he had a post and 3 good chances. He will produce on that line. Coyle won't. That was the argument.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
  #413
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Along with how many posts and how many good chances..the argument was that right now Heatley outproduces Coyle. and until we find someone better to produce on that top line Heatley should stay there.

Would you beg to differ?
Posts and good chances aren't goals. Posts and good chances don't win games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Also how many of those were when they demoted him..first two games back he had a goal and 2 assists..last night he had a post and 3 good chances. He will produce on that line. Coyle won't. That was the argument.
If Heatley can only produce on the first line, he's not as elite as you're saying he is. If that's the case, he's a product of Parise and Koivu.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #414
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
I really doubt Brunette was slower than Heatley. Heater is a damn snail. I can't wait until one of our youngins take his spot. He can't forecheck, he can't backcheck, he cant dangle. He is a sit a foot from the net garbage goal collector and even those he isn't collecting because he isn't mobile enough to get open in front. What the **** is wrong with his mobility, I am a way better skater then Heater and I am probably a better skater than Koivu too. If only I had size, hockey sense, and a decent shot and things would have been different haha. Get me another cheeseburger!


Last edited by Randy BoBandy: 02-22-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
  #415
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Posts and good chances aren't goals. Posts and good chances don't win games.



If Heatley can only produce on the first line, he's not as elite as you're saying he is. If that's the case, he's a product of Parise and Koivu.

Whatever you say. Sounds like you'd rather have Coyle and his ZERO points on that line. Be my guest. Glad your not the coach.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
  #416
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
I really doubt Brunette was slower than Heatley. Heater is a damn snail. I can't wait until one of our youngins take his spot. He can't forecheck, he can't backcheck, he cant dangle. He is a sit a foot from the net garbage goal collector and even those he isn't collecting because he isn't mobile enough to get open in front. What the **** is wrong with his mobility, I am a way better skater then Heater and I am probably a better skater than Koivu too. If only I had size, hockey sense, and a decent shot and things would have been different haha. Get me another cheeseburger!

Brunette was just as slow if not slower than Heatley..

To the rest of this ridiculous post...dear lord haha go have another Cheeseburger Bobandy. Tell Lahey to stay off the rye!

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #417
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Posts and good chances aren't goals. Posts and good chances don't win games.



If Heatley can only produce on the first line, he's not as elite as you're saying he is. If that's the case, he's a product of Parise and Koivu.

Still not fighting my argument..the argument was that someone said Coyle would be a better fit on the first line than Heatley and that would be better for the team.

Since nobody can prove to me that Coyle is a better fit there and clearly with his 0 points in 4 games there and the fact that Heatley can score given the chance to play with players like Coyle and Koivu then I am right.

Stupid argument to go against. Baffles me anyone would argue that someone else would be a better fit for the Wild on the top line.

What are you planning to do with the 7.5 Million dollar Heatley then St Clair...throw him on the third line or scratch him?? Cause a headache in a lockeroom that he is well respected in? Hell send him to Houston..

Im glad your not a gm of an NHL team..

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:53 PM
  #418
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Whatever you say. Sounds like you'd rather have Coyle and his ZERO points on that line. Be my guest. Glad your not the coach.
Heatley is on that line cause he doesn't fit anywhere else, not because he's an elite goal scorer. He's on pace for 26ish goals in an 82 game season. I would rather have Coyle on that line, but as it stands, Heatley can't play anywhere else, so he's there for good. Coyle can cycle, Coyle can hold onto the puck, Coyle can win battles. Every time I watch Heatley get the puck, I watch him lose it right away. Sometimes he might get a pass or a poke so that Parise and Koivu can get it though.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:55 PM
  #419
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Heatley is on that line cause he doesn't fit anywhere else, not because he's an elite goal scorer. He's on pace for 26ish goals in an 82 game season. I would rather have Coyle on that line, but as it stands, Heatley can't play anywhere else, so he's there for good. Coyle can cycle, Coyle can hold onto the puck, Coyle can win battles. Every time I watch Heatley get the puck, I watch him lose it right away. Sometimes he might get a pass or a poke so that Parise and Koivu can get it though.

Coyle can cycle coyle can hold onto the puck blah blah blah and what good does that do?? How many points has he put up in the AHL and the NHL playing with elite players and on the PP. What has he done in his time here.

Zero Points.

Until he can outproduce Heatley's 26 goals(which for him is low) then he is not a good replacement for Heatley on the top line.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #420
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Still not fighting my argument..the argument was that someone said Coyle would be a better fit on the first line than Heatley and that would be better for the team.

Since nobody can prove to me that Coyle is a better fit there and clearly with his 0 points in 4 games there and the fact that Heatley can score given the chance to play with players like Coyle and Koivu then I am right.

Stupid argument to go against. Baffles me anyone would argue that someone else would be a better fit for the Wild on the top line.

What are you planning to do with the 7.5 Million dollar Heatley then St Clair...throw him on the third line or scratch him?? Cause a headache in a lockeroom that he is well respected in? Hell send him to Houston..

Im glad your not a gm of an NHL team..
Coyle going five games without a point is inexcusable as a rookie, but Heatley having no points in five games on the top line is a-ok and he should be rewarded? I dreaded every time Heatley would get the puck because I knew he was going to lose it. At least with Coyle I had faith we could generate a scoring chance.

To recap: Heatley leaches off Parise and Koivu. Coyle can generate chances on his own.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #421
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Heatley is on that line cause he doesn't fit anywhere else, not because he's an elite goal scorer. He's on pace for 26ish goals in an 82 game season. I would rather have Coyle on that line, but as it stands, Heatley can't play anywhere else, so he's there for good. Coyle can cycle, Coyle can hold onto the puck, Coyle can win battles. Every time I watch Heatley get the puck, I watch him lose it right away. Sometimes he might get a pass or a poke so that Parise and Koivu can get it though.
By the way since when has 26 goals on the Wild not been an elite goal scorer??

Can you please remind me how many years has it been since we had a 30 goal scorer.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:59 PM
  #422
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
By the way since when has 26 goals on the Wild not been an elite goal scorer??

Can you please remind me how many years has it been since we had a 30 goal scorer.
I'm done with you.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:00 PM
  #423
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Coyle going five games without a point is inexcusable as a rookie, but Heatley having no points in five games on the top line is a-ok and he should be rewarded? I dreaded every time Heatley would get the puck because I knew he was going to lose it. At least with Coyle I had faith we could generate a scoring chance.

To recap: Heatley leaches off Parise and Koivu. Coyle can generate chances on his own.
Your honestly making the argument that right now Charlie Coyle as a rookie..the guy who scored roughly .5points per game in the AHL is better than Danny Heatley? Our leading scorer last year and a player who has scored 50 goals in the NHL twice...
Charlie Coyle may never be the player offensively Danny Heatley is right now..even on the downside of his career. ..and thats on the downside of his career. Coyle may never touch 26 goals.

You need to take off your "shiny new toy" glasses for a minute..

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:06 PM
  #424
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
I really doubt Brunette was slower than Heatley. Heater is a damn snail. I can't wait until one of our youngins take his spot. He can't forecheck, he can't backcheck, he cant dangle. He is a sit a foot from the net garbage goal collector and even those he isn't collecting because he isn't mobile enough to get open in front. What the **** is wrong with his mobility, I am a way better skater then Heater and I am probably a better skater than Koivu too. If only I had size, hockey sense, and a decent shot and things would have been different haha. Get me another cheeseburger!
Brunette made John Scott and Derek Boogaard look fast. Brunette was INSANELY slow! Heatley is Marian Gaborik by comparison.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
  #425
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Your honestly making the argument that right now Charlie Coyle as a rookie..the guy who scored roughly .5points per game in the AHL is better than Danny Heatley? Our leading scorer last year and a player who has scored 50 goals in the NHL twice...
Charlie Coyle may never be the player offensively Danny Heatley is right now..even on the downside of his career. ..and thats on the downside of his career. Coyle may never touch 26 goals.

You need to take off your "shiny new toy" glasses for a minute..
Charlie Coyle is better than Dany Heatley, I'm saying it. Name one thing that Heatley has that Coyle doesn't besides more time with the top line. Heater went 8 games without a point by the way if your saying Coyle is nothing because he didn't score in 5.

Skating: Coyle it is obvious
Shot: I have yet to see this great Dany Heatley shot, very overrated. So even with slight edge to Heater
Passing: Even, pretty close as far as this year, given Heater can't hold onto the puck long enough to make a pass.
Puck Possession: Coyle
Stick skills: Coyle. Heater cannot dangle to save his life.
Defensively: Coyle

When Heatley isn't one foot away from the goalie on the PP he is completely useless. He doesn't create chances he waits for his linemates to do so then sit patiently for a garbage goal, which rarely happens given his limited mobility and overall suckiness. Given the same amount of time with the top line I would argue Coyle could have just as many points and probably more. 5 goals aint **** for the powerplay time Heater gets in front of the net.


Last edited by Randy BoBandy: 02-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.