HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Markov

Old
02-22-2013, 03:24 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
He's exactly what the Flyers need isn't he? They can start by putting Couturier on the table.

I wish they would, but you're out of your mind if you really believe we'll get Couturier for Markov.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Domino11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I like Markov and I'd happily take him on my Rangers although the teams don't match up trade wise...

Considering age and injury history I'd expect something a long the lines of what the NJD paid for Zidlicky... 2nd + quality prospect - maybe a 1st if you can get the right teams involved. (I'll never say never after Gaustadt garnered a 1st).

If you can pull off a first, then more power to ya, but some people are mentioning stronger offers than what Kovalchuk cost...

...and seriously... I mean Couturier + wouldn't happen in a million years.
No disrespect but zidlicky got traded when he was playing poorly ! And Markov is way better then zidlicky ... Markov is more of a complete player the zidlicky !! Zidlicky had 14 point in 40 game with -6 and was playing with no determination ... Markov is a complete dman , he's a #1 -2 ... If mtl want to trade him and hit something good it this year not next year it now or never ... If he continue to play like this I expect him to fetch a lot by the deadline if mtl trade him but I don't think he could fetch a player like couturier .. It will be more like a 1 round + a very good prospect kinda like coyle or smith or Swartz !!

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Habsrule

Seriously!?!?! This is why I can truly say that I am ashamed to be a Habs fan on these boards. Look at my joining date and look at how few of posts that I have. Habs fans just go way overboard.

Why would a team that is sitting currently in first place in their conference trade their best offensive defencemen who plays 20-25 minutes a game?

He is signed for this and next year. I can see maybe next year trading him just before he becomes a UFA. That is if his game has drastically fallen off. That is also if the Habs are far out of playoff contention.

He is playing in his 13th season with the Habs. For the Habs to stick with him after his three strait injury plagued seasons I think that Markov would not want to get traded and stay loyal to the Habs. Plus he has a no trade clause as well.

He is 34 years old currently. I will agree that he is not in the youth movement that Montreal is currently doing but he is/will be a great mentor for Subban, Emelin, Diaz, Beaulieu and Tinordi.

The only way that he will get traded is if some team offers some stupid package for him that Marc Bergeron could not possibly refuse. I am fairly certain that he plays his whole career in Montreal.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

I wish they would, but you're out of your mind if you really believe we'll get Couturier for Markov.
Markov is far more valuable. I don't see what's so funny. A top pairing Dman is much better than what is right now a 3rd line defensive center. Couturier will get better but that's what he is. Even with his projected value, not much is worth more than a PMD#1.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
Seriously!?!?! This is why I can truly say that I am ashamed to be a Habs fan on these boards. Look at my joining date and look at how few of posts that I have. Habs fans just go way overboard.

Why would a team that is sitting currently in first place in their conference trade their best offensive defencemen who plays 20-25 minutes a game?

He is signed for this and next year. I can see maybe next year trading him just before he becomes a UFA. That is if his game has drastically fallen off. That is also if the Habs are far out of playoff contention.

He is playing in his 13th season with the Habs. For the Habs to stick with him after his three strait injury plagued seasons I think that Markov would not want to get traded and stay loyal to the Habs. Plus he has a no trade clause as well.

He is 34 years old currently. I will agree that he is not in the youth movement that Montreal is currently doing but he is/will be a great mentor for Subban, Emelin, Diaz, Beaulieu and Tinordi.

The only way that he will get traded is if some team offers some stupid package for him that Marc Bergeron could not possibly refuse. I am fairly certain that he plays his whole career in Montreal.
I never said he had to be traded, it was just to see what he could be worth and I'm just as happy as anyone else that we are first in the east but we won't stay there all year and I'd like a Stanley cup eventually because no one in montreal 23 and under remembers the last one and we have the young core that can potentially lead us there in the future why not build and add to it

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 735
Probably a little better package than Kaberle got in 2011, which essentially was 2 late firsts.

That said - not happening.

Frank Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Markov is far more valuable. I don't see what's so funny. A top pairing Dman is much better than what is right now a 3rd line defensive center. Couturier will get better but that's what he is. Even with his projected value, not much is worth more than a PMD#1.
No he's not. You're dreaming if you think that's the case. I would trade Markov in a heartbeat for Couturier. Markov hasn't got many years left, whereas Couturier has a long ways to go. The Flyers would never consider this. You can't just take into account for position. Is Lars Eller worth what a typical 4th line centre would fetch? He's been playing on the 4th line, so does that make him essentially that value? No it doesn't. Tyler Seguin started out on Boston's what? 3rd line? Was he worth more than a top pairing defenseman who's had injury issues and is getting older? I certainly think so. Potential, age, durability plays as much into trade value as performance and position do.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Detroit would be a great trade partner if Montreal were trading Markov. They can start with Brendan Smith and a 1st round pick.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Mrb1p

Wow... Markov is severly overated. We're turning into a ridiculous fan banse or what ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
ginovegas

Markov, Eller, DD, and Cole can add Weber/Kaberle maybe even a second
Schenn brothers and Simmonds

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
glenbuis

Last year at this time we couldn't get a bag of pucks for him. Now he's gonna command Smith and a first, or Hamhuis +, or Couturier. Do you really think any gm in the league are gonna give up one of their better young players and a first for a guy on a twice surgically reconstructed knee. We would be very lucky to get a first for him period. A first plus 5.75 million freed up for a free agent sounds good to me. One hit on that knee and the bag of pucks will be a pipe dream.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Not saying he should be traded at all but if the right price comes along then I think montreal could be pursuaded to move him...

I don't think I have to sell this guy to anyone we all know what his capabilities are, he can lead a power play with ease, defend the best of forwards and has a great vision

In my opinion montreal needs either a good young top 6 forward or a combination of good picks/prospects

Flame away habs fans but i think we can get a good return for him
I would move Markov if right offer came along....I think the time is right to move him to maximize value. Something like Cole a year ago, or Souray several years ago. But know Habs won't. Not this season anyway.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
sorry but couturier > markov
and I'm a habs fan

If the flyers r crazy enough to do that, mb should jump at it.

Couturier is only 19 with a great potentiel, while markov is 35 i believe and he lost a lot of speed cuz of the injury, hopefully for him that he is intelligent enough to compensate that lack of speed.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:04 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I never said he had to be traded, it was just to see what he could be worth and I'm just as happy as anyone else that we are first in the east but we won't stay there all year and I'd like a Stanley cup eventually because no one in montreal 23 and under remembers the last one and we have the young core that can potentially lead us there in the future why not build and add to it
You are 100 % right. If you look at a lot of the teams we beat lately, most were all struggling or hurting bad. ie Carolina, Florida, Tampa. When we can beat the Bostons and Pittsburgs, we can then call ourselves a contender. If we could get a first for Markov and use the 5.75 on a free agent will be one step further again. Yeah were first in the east but lets not forget our favorable schedule, team staying healthy and winning the close ones.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
almostawake

Based on his level of play Markov would probably net a return significantly, but not hugely greater than Kaberle's. Something like late 1st, good (not great) prospect and perhaps a youngish roster player that has 3rd line or bottom pairing potential.

That, IMO, would be the return if every team were bidding on him. That would not be the case as he has an NTC and is signed for next season which would remove some teams from the running. Then the return would basically come down to which teams were really in the running.

Markov could return several high quality (late 1st level) assets but there is zero chance he'd return a player as young and established as Couturier.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
You are 100 % right. If you look at a lot of the teams we beat lately, most were all struggling or hurting bad. ie Carolina, Florida, Tampa. When we can beat the Bostons and Pittsburgs, we can then call ourselves a contender. If we could get a first for Markov and use the 5.75 on a free agent will be one step further again. Yeah were first in the east but lets not forget our favorable schedule, team staying healthy and winning the close ones.
I think by principe, Markov will stay with the habs, he is doing good and you know they arent just players they r humans with feelings, you cant trade a guy just to make a trade.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Markov, Eller, DD, and Cole can add Weber/Kaberle maybe even a second
Schenn brothers and Simmonds
Oh yeah. I can see Philly jumping all over that.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I think by principe, Markov will stay with the habs, he is doing good and you know they arent just players they r humans with feelings, you cant trade a guy just to make a trade.
Well the human beings with feelings haven't won us a cup since 92-93. The fact that this human being is making 5.75 million per year should make him feel good whereever he is. If he was asked to waive his no trade clause to go to a contender like Pittsburg, Chicago, Vancouver etc. for a chance to win the cup, it shouldn't be the end of the world to him. This is a business and if were in the business of trying to win the cup, Bergevin has two options. He can use a slice of the future ( Draft picks and prospects ) to bolster our cup run this year. Or he can maximize the valu of some veterans to add to a solid young core for tomorrow. Sitting on the fence doesn't help either route. When the deadline approaches, decisions will have to be made which will be determined by our status then. All our tradeable assets will be worth more then anyway if that is the route he chooses. ie Markov if he stays healthy.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:22 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I like Markov and I'd happily take him on my Rangers although the teams don't match up trade wise...

Considering age and injury history I'd expect something a long the lines of what the NJD paid for Zidlicky... 2nd + quality prospect - maybe a 1st if you can get the right teams involved. (I'll never say never after Gaustadt garnered a 1st).

If you can pull off a first, then more power to ya, but some people are mentioning stronger offers than what Kovalchuk cost...

...and seriously... I mean Couturier + wouldn't happen in a million years.
Zidlicky comparable? try again

CHill Seeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
glenbuis

To mr. chacal667

My apoligies for being to brash. I respect your opinions and will be more diplomatic in the future.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Based on his level of play Markov would probably net a return significantly, but not hugely greater than Kaberle's. Something like late 1st, good (not great) prospect and perhaps a youngish roster player that has 3rd line or bottom pairing potential.

That, IMO, would be the return if every team were bidding on him. That would not be the case as he has an NTC and is signed for next season which would remove some teams from the running. Then the return would basically come down to which teams were really in the running.

Markov could return several high quality (late 1st level) assets but there is zero chance he'd return a player as young and established as Couturier.
If Habs could get a Craig Rivet type return I would do it. Pacioretty and Gorges are backbone of this team, Rivet been out of the NHL for several years.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:15 AM
ulysse84

----> MARKOV + 2rd 2013

-----> SPROUL - OUELLET

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post
----> MARKOV + 2rd 2013

-----> SPROUL - OUELLET
He'll no ... Bad deal for mtl !!

Old
02-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post
----> MARKOV + 2rd 2013

-----> SPROUL - OUELLET
I'd want a forward + a defensive prospect, maybe Oullet + Jurco.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd want a forward + a defensive prospect, maybe Oullet + Jurco.
If Detroit want Markov it will be

Markov + kristo vs ouellet + frk + 1round

The 1 round is mandatory if mtl trade Markov