HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 03:39 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
The consensus is that Zibby OR Silfverberg would be going to Colorado in addition to Wiercioch and a pick.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
H2O

Pass!

Old
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
delchief

Zibby + Wiercioch + a 3rd?

I don't know. Too much. I still try to get them to bite on a deal involving Wiercioch with one of the high end prospects and one of the mid-range prospects plus the pick.

The acquisition of ROR certainly would create a talented log-jam at the center position. It would represent a hell of a roster improvement this year and next (the remaining Alfie years) and give the team strength down the middle for seasons to come.

Ugh. This is why I will never be a GM.

The prospect of having Kyle Turris as a 3rd line center is tantalizing. Don't want to lose Zibby though. He's the Michalek replacement.

Meh.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
We cant trade Wiercioch. That would ruin the Turris + Weircioch bromance.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Puempel + Smith + a pick in the 2014 draft is all I'd offer.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
The consensus is that Zibby OR Silfverberg would be going to Colorado in addition to Wiercioch and a pick.
I, personally, would do it. I do understand people not wanting to do this tho.

The way I see it really is, I won't be mad if it happens or if it doesn't happen. I'm good with both decisions.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Ice-Tray

Soooo glad most of you aren't our GM. I'm in the camp that doesn't want to trade any of our good young prospects until we see what we have.

Management got a good look at Rundblad in NHL practices and games before deciding to trade him. I would NEVER advocate trading Noesen or Puemple (sp) until we see what we have there. Both players could be better than ROR.

I also feel like there is a very good chance that Zib and Silf will both be better than him, and certainly more of what we need since we have depth at centre and very little in terms of top six forwards.

He is shiny and new, I'll give you guys that though...

Old
02-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I believe he's a LW. There's certainly some upside to be a similar player to Erik Condra. He's hardly being passed by AHLers. Nyquist, Brunner and Tatar were high end prospects and are performing pretty well.
Those guys were playing in the AHL or SEL last season, they have passed him on the Red Wings' depth chart.

He is a right winger according to the Wings and he isn't going to replace Neil or Condra, let alone Alfie, Silf, or Michalek.

If he could be sent to Bingo fine, but he would have to clear waivers again.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 02-22-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Quo
ragtime

nhl.com

Quote:
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have put Jan Mursak on waivers, giving teams until noon Saturday to claim the 25-year-old left wing.

Mursak has played in only two games for Detroit this season. He had a goal and two assists in 25 games in 2011-12.

The Yugoslavia-born Mursak has two goals and two assists in 46 NHL games, all with Detroit. The Red Wings drafted him in the sixth round in 2006.
There is confusion here.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Soooo glad most of you aren't our GM. I'm in the camp that doesn't want to trade any of our good young prospects until we see what we have.

Management got a good look at Rundblad in NHL practices and games before deciding to trade him. I would NEVER advocate trading Noesen or Puemple (sp) until we see what we have there. Both players could be better than ROR.

I also feel like there is a very good chance that Zib and Silf will both be better than him, and certainly more of what we need since we have depth at centre and very little in terms of top six forwards.

He is shiny and new, I'll give you guys that though...
Forums are fun, propose whatever, justify it however.

Murray said yesterday he wasn't trading any of his young players regardless of how many injuries.

So it is highly unlikely he is about to trade two of them and a pick for ROR.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Considering how nasty the Colorada/O'Reily feud seems to have gotten I take the fact that RoR has not been traded an indication that Sherman is asking for way too much because I don't see RoR going back to the Avs.

If Sherman lowers his asking price then maybe Murray considers trading Silfverberg or Zibanejad + pick which is something I think most people would agree is reasonnable (but debatle as to if it something the Senators should do)

Old
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Considering how nasty the Colorada/O'Reily feud seems to have gotten I take the fact that RoR has not been traded an indication that Sherman is asking for way too much because I don't see RoR going back to the Avs.

If Sherman lowers his asking price then maybe Murray considers trading Silfverberg or Zibanejad + pick which is something I think most people would agree is reasonnable (but debatle as to if it something the Senators should do)
As much as I dislike Kypreos he made a good point. The Avs are telling RoR that he is not a number 1 centre so they are not going to pay him like one. But they are trying to trade him as if he was a number 1 centre.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
As much as I dislike Kypreos he made a good point. The Avs are telling RoR that he is not a number 1 centre so they are not going to pay him like one. But they are trying to trade him as if he was a number 1 centre.
That organization is a complete joke, it's unbelievable how far they have fallen. They have some injuries, a great upcoming player who will not play for them that you can be sure more than a couple of teams would be willing to trade for and they are somehow failing at improving the team...

Old
02-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
nhl.com

There is confusion here.
The NHL definitely has him listed as a left winger, the article I posted indicated he was a right winger.

Either way, I see no reason to claim him.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Berserker*

If we are going to trade for (or claim off waivers) another bottom six player then we need to target a player who will take over Neil's old role. With all the injuries Neil is now playing too important minutes to be enforcing/ fighting to create momentum shifts. The only other players on the team that could take on that role are Dziurzynski and Smith. Both players are part of that shutdown line with Neil and are in a similar situation.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
HSF

Zibby + weir +pick?

i wouldnt do it

Old
02-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
That organization is a complete joke, it's unbelievable how far they have fallen. They have some injuries, a great upcoming player who will not play for them that you can be sure more than a couple of teams would be willing to trade for and they are somehow failing at improving the team...
I absolutely agree teams are willing to trade for him, but are they willing to pay him what his rumoured contract demands are and give up what Sherman is currently asking?

I think the answer is no or a trade would have been done.

In all fairness I can't blame Colorado for not rolling over and giving ROR what he is asking for. They have to manage salaries in the context of the team payroll structure not just today but years into the future.

If ROR's play happened to drop off from last year's play and ended up as a third line defensive center, they have created the potential for difficulties in subsequent contract negotiations.

IMO Colorado is just behaving exactly as expected after all the discussion about the cost of second contracts. In all fairness a raise in the range of 350% to over 500% does sound excessive.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 02-22-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Isn't he going to be an UFA this or next offseason if he doesn't sign because of the new CBA too?

At some point you need to get something for your asset rather than nothing at all.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
If we are going to trade for (or claim off waivers) another bottom six player then we need to target a player who will take over Neil's old role. With all the injuries Neil is now playing too important minutes to be enforcing/ fighting to create momentum shifts. The only other players on the team that could take on that role are Dziurzynski and Smith. Both players are part of that shutdown line with Neil and are in a similar situation.
The number of fights these players are involved in doesn't necessitate another enforcer/policeman unless they have much more to offer.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Isn't he going to be an UFA this or next offseason if he doesn't sign because of the new CBA too?

At some point you need to get something for your asset rather than nothing at all.
Very true, but there is no rush to make a deal yet.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
The number of fights these players are involved in doesn't necessitate another enforcer/policeman unless they have much more to offer.
Well not a pure enforcer, just a player that plays a similar role to Neil.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
I absolutely agree teams are willing to trade for him, but are they willing to pay him what his rumoured contract demands are and give up what Sherman is currently asking?

I think the answer is no or a trade would have been done.

In all fairness I can't blame Colorado for not rolling over and giving ROR what he is asking for. They have to manage salaries in the context of the team payroll structure not just today but years into the future.

If ROR's play happened to drop off from last year's play and ended up as a third line defensive center, they have created the potential for difficulties in subsequent contract negotiations.

IMO Colorado is just behaving exactly as expected after all the discussion about the cost of second contracts. In all fairness a raise in the range of 350% to over 500% does sound excessive.
My point is that there is more than likely a fair market for RoR and the Avalanche have had some serious injuries problems yet somehow RoR remains the "property" of Colorado: there's a fair deal to be made somewhere and Sherman is failing at getting it done.

It is possible that no one is willing to sign RoR to what he asking for but I find that a bit hard to believe: a young player who just had a good season should be looking to play no matter what. If this is what is happening than RoR and his agent are complete tools and considering Colorado recent history I am more inclined to blame the Avalanche than O'Reilly (although his dad's letter was mind boggling)

Old
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I wouldn't trade Silfverberg or Zibanejad for ROR, IMO they both have the potential to be just as good or better. However, if they would take a package that could include Da Costa, Bishop & maybe some other prospect or player I would do that. If not, then look for another player at the deadline or wait until the price comes down.

Here are some players I would make available to Colorado ... Boroweicki, Hoffman, Petersson, Filatov, Condra, Daugavins, Regin, Fatendresse or Benoit. Colorado may be able to do better but they may not either & forced to take less. I wouldn`t give more, I actually think that Murray can negotiate from a position of strength because he has so much depth.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Forums are fun, propose whatever, justify it however.

Murray said yesterday he wasn't trading any of his young players regardless of how many injuries.

So it is highly unlikely he is about to trade two of them and a pick for ROR.
Absolutely, I suppose this is how I have fun on here... Weird...

Old
02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I wouldn't trade Silfverberg or Zibanejad for ROR, IMO they both have the potential to be just as good or better. However, if they would take a package that could include Da Costa, Bishop & maybe some other prospect or player I would do that. If not, then look for another player at the deadline or wait until the price comes down.

Here are some players I would make available to Colorado ... Boroweicki, Hoffman, Petersson, Filatov, Condra, Daugavins, Regin, Fatendresse or Benoit. Colorado may be able to do better but they may not either & forced to take less. I wouldn`t give more, I actually think that Murray can negotiate from a position of strength because he has so much depth.
None of the players you listed would net RoR. Actually Colorado probably wouldn't trade RoR if a package of all 8 players for RoR. I could be wrong though.

I would have offered a 2014 2nd and Petersson. It would be a bit of a low ball offer but it is porbably closer to the actual value of RoR than what Colorado is asking for.

Closed Thread