HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

2 NYR trades that would really help

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  #1
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
2 NYR trades that would really help

hey guys. I am a kings fan that moved to nj. I watch A lot of rangers and devils games because i am a hockey fan above all else and have grown to like them both.

first trade to NYR dan boyle ryan clowe and 1st rd pick

TO SJ marian gaborik steve eminger

Reason: rangers get offense from the back end to help their fowards and their dreadful PP. plus another big body in clowe to stand in front of the net.


NYR get ryan oreilly

Col gets sj 1st rounder and mike del zotto

Reason rangers get o reilly who wants out. Gives Nyr depth and a little offense to replace gabs. He plays their blue collar system better anyway. in the future if stephan and oreilly tear it up, it allows them to move richards for a high end puck mover when boyle is ready to retire. Col gets a really good young d man to pair with ej plus the pick for a player that doesn't want to be their anymore.

go easy on me. Flame away!!!

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
  #2
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Overpayment for ROR, plus NYR lacks their 1st round pick anyways (Nash deal). The SJS deal is interesting, not sure either team does it (Gabby is a 40 goal scorer who is younger than Boyle, and Boyle is one of the only Sharks with a cup and adds valuable experience, as well as being an excellent player)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
  #3
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,901
vCash: 50
This Sharks fan says no. I love Gaborik, but I'd be concerned about our backend and I don't want to give up a first.

The only reason to give up Boyle is because we're re-tooling, but giving up our first doesn't really support that.


Last edited by TheJuxtaposer: 02-22-2013 at 07:17 PM.
TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:04 PM
  #4
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,231
vCash: 1815
MDZ for ROR straight up is probably fair, especially taking contacts into consideration.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
  #5
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
i know that ror trade is contingent on them getting the first from san jose. i just figured gabs would be dynamite with JT and marleu(sp) and boyle while being a little older is a fantastic pp qb and provides much needed offense from the back end. my opinion every team in these trades comes out better.

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:07 PM
  #6
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
This Sharks fan says no thanks. I don't want to give up a 1st round pick either and like Jux said our back end would be lacking a bit.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
  #7
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 5,781
vCash: 500
If the Avs trade RO'R and a 1st is involved, they probably wait and see where that pick will be in the 1st round. I don't think the Av's will move him until after the regular season. Tanking is so valuable in this upcoming draft and they have a great excuse as well as an asset (Ryan) to help turn the franchise around.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
  #8
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
i know that ror trade is contingent on them getting the first from san jose. i just figured gabs would be dynamite with JT and marleu(sp) and boyle while being a little older is a fantastic pp qb and provides much needed offense from the back end. my opinion every team in these trades comes out better.
I don't think we do. We trade our #1 dman a top 6 forward and a 1st for an elite forward and a extra Dman. Yes our top 6 would be dangerous but our D wouldn't be as good.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
  #9
Hollywood163
Registered User
 
Hollywood163's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
The fact that Dan Boyle is a Torts guy from their Tampa days and Gaborik is the antithesis of a Torts guy, increases the value of Boyle to the Rangers.

A 1st from SJ probably wouldn't have to be included.

Hollywood163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
  #10
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
yea it might me a stretch. i just figured with all your young d men they would be ready to step up. with gabs i believe that sj would heave the best top 6 in the nhl bar none. he is also signed its not like he is UFA. also the torts boyle connection would also ignite brad richards and getting him playing better hockey. also the o reilly trade would give the rangers a player of thier ilk and help replace the loss of gabby. also clowe gives them another big body for their third line. What about boyle and a first for gabs n eminger. or boyle clowe and a 2nd? then m delzotto n a 2nd for oreilly? i don't know. im just taking a shot. gabs for boyle was rumored in the offseason.

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
  #11
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,309
vCash: 500
The 1st trade looks good but wow is ROR overvalued. I rather have Del Zotto than ROR straight up. Right now Z is the NYR best Dman.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:28 PM
  #12
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
What I don't understand is why the NYR need offensive help on the back end with, McDonagh, MDZ, Staal, Girardi back there all being capable offensive guys, and MDZ being specifically an offensive defender.

Sorry but the NYR's powerplay is not bad because of lack of 'offensive' personnel. Up front or on the back end...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM
  #13
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
while mcd staall sauer (inj) del z are all fine defenders they do not have a dman like boyle that has the decision making out let passes and the ability to truely qb the pp. you put a dman like that on a team like nyr that just oozes talent and hard work and good things are bound to happen. They do not have a unique player like that

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:34 PM
  #14
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
while mcd staall sauer (inj) del z are all fine defenders they do not have a dman like boyle that has the decision making out let passes and the ability to truely qb the pp. you put a dman like that on a team like nyr that just oozes talent and hard work and good things are bound to happen. They do not have a unique player like that
So you say this, but yet NYR's fans sell MDZ as all of those things for Colorado in a O'Reilly trade, when trying to sell MDZ for O'Reilly straight up, or even saying they wouldn't trade MDZ for O'Reilly straight.

Ahem, something seems a little off with that...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:37 PM
  #15
Machinehead
Moderator
Pinot Kreider
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,809
vCash: 50
You can bring in Gretzky in his prime, fact of the matter is our PP isn't going to get any better until the guy who coaches it is fired.

I mean people talk about bad coaching all the time so you learn to take it with a grain of salt.

But this is serious. Anyone who has any decent hockey knowledge can see that the Rangers PP lacks any sort of fundamentals or intelligent strategy.

So trading for Boyle, as good as he is, would be a waste. He would just be another victim to the same no movement coaching our PP suffers from.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
  #16
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
del z is very good. don't get me wrong and asset to any team. i'd love him on the kinds. he is a rare breed of offense and toughness. however he is a young kid. i do not believe he is seasoned enough to run a pp like boyle would and rightfully so he is 22 freaking years old. if i were a ranger fan i would rather trade staal for ror and a pick. just because i believe staal to be more replaceable then mdz. i just figured mdz is wat col wanted???/

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:33 PM
  #17
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
del z is very good. don't get me wrong and asset to any team. i'd love him on the kinds. he is a rare breed of offense and toughness. however he is a young kid. i do not believe he is seasoned enough to run a pp like boyle would and rightfully so he is 22 freaking years old. if i were a ranger fan i would rather trade staal for ror and a pick. just because i believe staal to be more replaceable then mdz. i just figured mdz is wat col wanted???/
Actually if you ask most Avs fans they would take M. Staal straight up for ROR. (At least from what I've seen posted in the past in our boards.)

There is some people who are skeptical based on M. Staal possibly wanting to leave for Carolina at some point though.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:42 PM
  #18
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
The fact that Dan Boyle is a Torts guy from their Tampa days and Gaborik is the antithesis of a Torts guy, increases the value of Boyle to the Rangers.

A 1st from SJ probably wouldn't have to be included.
In what way is Marian Gaborik the "antithesis" of a Torts guy? He's not Ryan Callahan, but Gaborik fits well into what Tortorella wants from his team. He has speed, doesn't shy away from puck battles, and is has a willingness to backcheck and do his due diligence in the defensive zone. He has his moments but all things considered he is a pretty good fit for this team.

Do people even remember that he was third in the NHL in goals last season? And we're going to move him for a 36 year old defenseman?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:22 PM
  #19
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Overpayment for ROR, plus NYR lacks their 1st round pick anyways (Nash deal). The SJS deal is intersesting, not sure either team does it (Gabby is a 40 goal scorer who is younger than Boyle, and Boyle is one of the only Sharks with a cup and adds valuable experience, as well as being an excellent player)
Mostly this^, though other posts below also good.

Dan Boyle of interest, but cap hit is high, also snipers a premium, prefer not to part with Gabby, though no sacred cows, depends on the offer.

Clowe remains interesting, could gamble on change of pace for right price, but is he best fit on fleet footed Rangers, and would you not get bigger return elsewhere?

What about this:

Brad Richards is in a funk, and he probably has lost a half step, and will probably lose another half step each year going forward. Still that's down from a guy who was a very high quality player not that long ago, so yeah, there's fall off, but there is still ability, if we can get out of this Torts d first block everything system.

So, even though there may be (I think, am not sure) internal buyout clauses, let's assume he's good this year and next, then needs an amnesty buyout....

What about Richards for Boyle, at partial discount this year and next, you buy him out on YOUR amnesty compliance buyout, and we pay you for that service.

You would already be ahead moving Boyle's full salary less what we pick up and throw your way this year and next. Maybe 3 mil this year, 1 mil next?

What would you want extra above and beyond that for the deal and use of your compliance?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:23 PM
  #20
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,901
vCash: 50
Richards is your problem, not ours.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
  #21
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
This Sharks fan says no. I love Gaborik, but I'd be concerned about our backend and I don't want to give up a first.

The only reason to give up Boyle is because we're re-tooling, but giving up our first doesn't really support that.
Bingo.

During our 7-game win streak when Burns was out, Boyle carried the D on his back. He's not the problem right now.

Besides, Clowe and Boyle would help us win now more than Gaborik can.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
  #22
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,004
vCash: 500
The Gaborik for Boyle deal has been rumored before. Not sure how credible it was but Torts isn't the biggest fan of him

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #23
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,307
vCash: 500
No thanks from a San Jose fan.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:41 PM
  #24
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Brad Richards is in a funk, and he probably has lost a half step, and will probably lose another half step each year going forward. Still that's down from a guy who was a very high quality player not that long ago, so yeah, there's fall off, but there is still ability, if we can get out of this Torts d first block everything system.

So, even though there may be (I think, am not sure) internal buyout clauses, let's assume he's good this year and next, then needs an amnesty buyout....

What about Richards for Boyle, at partial discount this year and next, you buy him out on YOUR amnesty compliance buyout, and we pay you for that service.

You would already be ahead moving Boyle's full salary less what we pick up and throw your way this year and next. Maybe 3 mil this year, 1 mil next?

What would you want extra above and beyond that for the deal and use of your compliance?
Why would we give up a valuable asset in Boyle for a deteriorating asset in Richards only to buy him out? He's your problem, don't try to push this on us.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:43 PM
  #25
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Can someone please explain to me this prevailing concept of Richards being our "problem"? I don't know what is worse, the Rangers fans trying to shop him everywhere or the fans who seem to think he is Scott Gomez.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.