HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Looks like I've been summoned elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/OHLHoundPower/st...93343013707777

Old
02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
CapnCornelius

Burke back in Anaheim is a nice signing. Pro scouting is right in his wheelhouse. Murray just needs to remember to tell him to shut his pie hole if he mentions bringing back Todd Bertuzzi.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Jeff carter may be the most overrated player. He's not a cornerstone player. He choked in Philly and never gave Columbus a chance but that may be good. While he and Nash could have been special on paper Jeff isn't a guy who will carry your team. I'd like to have Jeff's goal scoring ability back sure but he's just useless. Unless he can play behind a bunch of other people and be left alone. Wasn't gonna happen in Philly or Columbus. Coots dropping to #8 was pure luck. I kinda feel playing him last season was a mistake because many people see his offensive struggles and immediately compare him to carter because he was traded for him. He has been an offensive liability for sure but won't hit his best numbers until he is 22. Jake is falling into that same trap. He's an assist guy with no one to pass to and won't shoot. I still hate him playing the point on the pp. he fights the puck and makes bad mistakes and turnovers. I do feel between him ad giroux a goal scoring winger would set them both off. Both guys are so young it's stupid to give up and trade them like some Philly fans want but I'd also take them over carter 10/10 times. I think him being an ******* to your organization helped recoup the loss adding Johnson and a 1st. Johnson was originally in the Richards trade instead of Simmonds. I do wish Philly got some kind of defense for those two.
Not remotely true.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Geez dude, did your Carter alarm just go off?

Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Jeff carter may be the most overrated player. He's not a cornerstone player. He choked in Philly and never gave Columbus a chance but that may be good. While he and Nash could have been special on paper Jeff isn't a guy who will carry your team. I'd like to have Jeff's goal scoring ability back sure but he's just useless. Unless he can play behind a bunch of other people and be left alone. Wasn't gonna happen in Philly or Columbus. Coots dropping to #8 was pure luck. I kinda feel playing him last season was a mistake because many people see his offensive struggles and immediately compare him to carter because he was traded for him. He has been an offensive liability for sure but won't hit his best numbers until he is 22. Jake is falling into that same trap. He's an assist guy with no one to pass to and won't shoot. I still hate him playing the point on the pp. he fights the puck and makes bad mistakes and turnovers. I do feel between him ad giroux a goal scoring winger would set them both off. Both guys are so young it's stupid to give up and trade them like some Philly fans want but I'd also take them over carter 10/10 times. I think him being an ******* to your organization helped recoup the loss adding Johnson and a 1st. Johnson was originally in the Richards trade instead of Simmonds. I do wish Philly got some kind of defense for those two.
Could I see a source on this? I'm jaw-dropped on the bolded.

@HoldFast13: whenever Carter has great games a few King fans check out this forum for the Carter anger that gets posted.

Don't mind me fellas, Kings fan who has a lot of admiration for the CBJ team (you've gone through a LOT as a franchise and deserve better) and really hoping your new GM pulls the team up from the bottom. Cheers

Old
02-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
@HoldFast13: whenever Carter has great games a few King fans check out this forum for the Carter anger that gets posted.
I think I'm going to start randomly posting the name "Rob Blake" every time Carter has a good game.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
InjuredChoker

Dipietro on waivers.

Mursak also, by Detroit. Still think he has 15 goal potential on third line if given chance.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Dipietro on waivers.

Mursak also, by Detroit. Still think he has 15 goal potential on third line if given chance.
I'd claim Mursak so we can get Collins back in the AHL. Once we get healthy again we can waive Mursak and see if he clears, if not, oh well.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I'd claim Mursak so we can get Collins back in the AHL. Once we get healthy again we can waive Mursak and see if he clears, if not, oh well.
In that case he would go to GR, I think if the Wings want.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:07 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

2014 Winter Classic sweaters?

http://blogimages.thescore.com/nhl/f...013/02/ddd.jpg

Pretty sweet!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...ssic-sweaters/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddd.jpg‎ (55.7 KB, 5 views)

Old
02-22-2013, 04:42 PM
jacketsfan77

I'm jealous. I wish we had nicer jerseys. We need all red sweaters with script Columbus across the chest

Old
02-22-2013, 07:31 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

On the Oilers board, they are saying that Bob Stauffer (one of their radio men) mentioned that Scott Howson, like Brian Burke, will return to another team in a different position. Speculation is that Edmonton is the team. Sorry, but I didn't see a link in the thread. Worth watching?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
On the Oilers board, they are saying that Bob Stauffer (one of their radio men) mentioned that Scott Howson, like Brian Burke, will return to another team in a different position. Speculation is that Edmonton is the team. Sorry, but I didn't see a link in the thread. Worth watching?
The quicker he gets a new job, the quicker J-Mac Jr. can stop cutting checks for him I believe. So good news for all involved.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

I know everybody below the age of 55 (20% of this particular board) has had their fill and then some of Harlem Shake videos.

But...

Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I think I'm going to start randomly posting the name "Rob Blake" every time Carter has a good game.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
The quicker he gets a new job, the quicker J-Mac Jr. can stop cutting checks for him I believe. So good news for all involved.
Lovely. A conference opponent that gets a bunch of extremely high picks actually bringing back someone who knows how to draft.

And you applaud this.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Lovely. A conference opponent that gets a bunch of extremely high picks actually bringing back someone who knows how to draft.

And you applaud this.
Your love for Howson is unmatched. I neither approve or deny your claim about his drafting but the love is unmatched

Old
02-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

And you applaud this.
The Blue Jackets have had a run of paying people who no longer work for them in the last 4-5 years. Mostly through their own incompetence. Some of that was Howson's fault (Commodore).

I'd like to see less money from the org going out the window and into something more constructive.

I applaud that. You should be happy your BFF is getting new employment so fast anyway.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Your love for Howson is unmatched. I neither approve or deny your claim about his drafting but the love is unmatched
The wife once accused me of loving Scott Howson more than her. My response was, "When you draft Cam Atkinson, we'll talk."

I've come to realize that we have a very unique relationship.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:53 AM
EspenK

Interesting read on all teams' goalie situation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416604

Old
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsfan77 View Post
I'm jealous. I wish we had nicer jerseys. We need all red sweaters with script Columbus across the chest
Kind of hard to do red when your name is the "blue" jackets.

Wouldn't be opposed to this in blue though, if it were done right.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Ryan Whitney to be a healthy scratch for the Oilers again tonight ... there was a time when this board would have exploded over this situation, and how to acquire a puck moving defenseman. Man, how we've come full circle...

Mark my words - if/when this guy ends up somewhere else, and is re-motivated, he is going to produce in droves.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Ryan Whitney to be a healthy scratch for the Oilers again tonight ... there was a time when this board would have exploded over this situation, and how to acquire a puck moving defenseman. Man, how we've come full circle...

Mark my words - if/when this guy ends up somewhere else, and is re-motivated, he is going to produce in droves.
I think he's ankle is really bad. Sometimes looks like he can't skate.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
InjuredChoker

And Brown put LA on 1-0 lead.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
And Brown put LA on 1-0 lead.
The quicker everyone forgets about the possibility of us having two top five picks the better. LA and NYR are good teams. I'd bet both are first round playoff exits, which is about as good as we can hope for. I hate LA as much as anyone and the Carter grudge is still strong, but these guys didn't forget to play hockey.

Closed Thread