HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  #751
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Looks like I've been summoned elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/OHLHoundPower/st...93343013707777

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
  #752
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Burke back in Anaheim is a nice signing. Pro scouting is right in his wheelhouse. Murray just needs to remember to tell him to shut his pie hole if he mentions bringing back Todd Bertuzzi.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
  #753
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Jeff carter may be the most overrated player. He's not a cornerstone player. He choked in Philly and never gave Columbus a chance but that may be good. While he and Nash could have been special on paper Jeff isn't a guy who will carry your team. I'd like to have Jeff's goal scoring ability back sure but he's just useless. Unless he can play behind a bunch of other people and be left alone. Wasn't gonna happen in Philly or Columbus. Coots dropping to #8 was pure luck. I kinda feel playing him last season was a mistake because many people see his offensive struggles and immediately compare him to carter because he was traded for him. He has been an offensive liability for sure but won't hit his best numbers until he is 22. Jake is falling into that same trap. He's an assist guy with no one to pass to and won't shoot. I still hate him playing the point on the pp. he fights the puck and makes bad mistakes and turnovers. I do feel between him ad giroux a goal scoring winger would set them both off. Both guys are so young it's stupid to give up and trade them like some Philly fans want but I'd also take them over carter 10/10 times. I think him being an ******* to your organization helped recoup the loss adding Johnson and a 1st. Johnson was originally in the Richards trade instead of Simmonds. I do wish Philly got some kind of defense for those two.
Not remotely true.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
  #754
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!
 
HoldFast13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Geez dude, did your Carter alarm just go off?

HoldFast13 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
  #755
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Jeff carter may be the most overrated player. He's not a cornerstone player. He choked in Philly and never gave Columbus a chance but that may be good. While he and Nash could have been special on paper Jeff isn't a guy who will carry your team. I'd like to have Jeff's goal scoring ability back sure but he's just useless. Unless he can play behind a bunch of other people and be left alone. Wasn't gonna happen in Philly or Columbus. Coots dropping to #8 was pure luck. I kinda feel playing him last season was a mistake because many people see his offensive struggles and immediately compare him to carter because he was traded for him. He has been an offensive liability for sure but won't hit his best numbers until he is 22. Jake is falling into that same trap. He's an assist guy with no one to pass to and won't shoot. I still hate him playing the point on the pp. he fights the puck and makes bad mistakes and turnovers. I do feel between him ad giroux a goal scoring winger would set them both off. Both guys are so young it's stupid to give up and trade them like some Philly fans want but I'd also take them over carter 10/10 times. I think him being an ******* to your organization helped recoup the loss adding Johnson and a 1st. Johnson was originally in the Richards trade instead of Simmonds. I do wish Philly got some kind of defense for those two.
Could I see a source on this? I'm jaw-dropped on the bolded.

@HoldFast13: whenever Carter has great games a few King fans check out this forum for the Carter anger that gets posted.

Don't mind me fellas, Kings fan who has a lot of admiration for the CBJ team (you've gone through a LOT as a franchise and deserve better) and really hoping your new GM pulls the team up from the bottom. Cheers

Mattias is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 05:19 AM
  #756
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
@HoldFast13: whenever Carter has great games a few King fans check out this forum for the Carter anger that gets posted.
I think I'm going to start randomly posting the name "Rob Blake" every time Carter has a good game.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
  #757
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
Dipietro on waivers.

Mursak also, by Detroit. Still think he has 15 goal potential on third line if given chance.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #758
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Dipietro on waivers.

Mursak also, by Detroit. Still think he has 15 goal potential on third line if given chance.
I'd claim Mursak so we can get Collins back in the AHL. Once we get healthy again we can waive Mursak and see if he clears, if not, oh well.

CBJBrassard16 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  #759
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I'd claim Mursak so we can get Collins back in the AHL. Once we get healthy again we can waive Mursak and see if he clears, if not, oh well.
In that case he would go to GR, I think if the Wings want.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 03:07 PM
  #760
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
2014 Winter Classic sweaters?

http://blogimages.thescore.com/nhl/f...013/02/ddd.jpg

Pretty sweet!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...ssic-sweaters/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddd.jpg‎ (55.7 KB, 5 views)

pete goegan is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:42 PM
  #761
jacketsfan77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delaware, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
I'm jealous. I wish we had nicer jerseys. We need all red sweaters with script Columbus across the chest

jacketsfan77 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 07:31 PM
  #762
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!
 
bester vaive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
On the Oilers board, they are saying that Bob Stauffer (one of their radio men) mentioned that Scott Howson, like Brian Burke, will return to another team in a different position. Speculation is that Edmonton is the team. Sorry, but I didn't see a link in the thread. Worth watching?

bester vaive is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
  #763
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
On the Oilers board, they are saying that Bob Stauffer (one of their radio men) mentioned that Scott Howson, like Brian Burke, will return to another team in a different position. Speculation is that Edmonton is the team. Sorry, but I didn't see a link in the thread. Worth watching?
The quicker he gets a new job, the quicker J-Mac Jr. can stop cutting checks for him I believe. So good news for all involved.

Matthew is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
  #764
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I know everybody below the age of 55 (20% of this particular board) has had their fill and then some of Harlem Shake videos.

But...


Matthew is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 PM
  #765
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I think I'm going to start randomly posting the name "Rob Blake" every time Carter has a good game.

Mattias is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
  #766
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
The quicker he gets a new job, the quicker J-Mac Jr. can stop cutting checks for him I believe. So good news for all involved.
Lovely. A conference opponent that gets a bunch of extremely high picks actually bringing back someone who knows how to draft.

And you applaud this.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
  #767
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Lovely. A conference opponent that gets a bunch of extremely high picks actually bringing back someone who knows how to draft.

And you applaud this.
Your love for Howson is unmatched. I neither approve or deny your claim about his drafting but the love is unmatched

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:19 PM
  #768
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Lovely. A conference opponent that gets a bunch of extremely high picks actually bringing back someone who knows how to draft.

And you applaud this.
The Blue Jackets have had a run of paying people who no longer work for them in the last 4-5 years. Mostly through their own incompetence. Some of that was Howson's fault (Commodore).

I'd like to see less money from the org going out the window and into something more constructive.

I applaud that. You should be happy your BFF is getting new employment so fast anyway.

Matthew is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
  #769
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Your love for Howson is unmatched. I neither approve or deny your claim about his drafting but the love is unmatched
The wife once accused me of loving Scott Howson more than her. My response was, "When you draft Cam Atkinson, we'll talk."

I've come to realize that we have a very unique relationship.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 06:53 AM
  #770
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Interesting read on all teams' goalie situation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416604

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
  #771
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsfan77 View Post
I'm jealous. I wish we had nicer jerseys. We need all red sweaters with script Columbus across the chest
Kind of hard to do red when your name is the "blue" jackets.

Wouldn't be opposed to this in blue though, if it were done right.

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:13 PM
  #772
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Ryan Whitney to be a healthy scratch for the Oilers again tonight ... there was a time when this board would have exploded over this situation, and how to acquire a puck moving defenseman. Man, how we've come full circle...

Mark my words - if/when this guy ends up somewhere else, and is re-motivated, he is going to produce in droves.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  #773
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Ryan Whitney to be a healthy scratch for the Oilers again tonight ... there was a time when this board would have exploded over this situation, and how to acquire a puck moving defenseman. Man, how we've come full circle...

Mark my words - if/when this guy ends up somewhere else, and is re-motivated, he is going to produce in droves.
I think he's ankle is really bad. Sometimes looks like he can't skate.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  #774
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
And Brown put LA on 1-0 lead.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #775
alphafox
Registered User
 
alphafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
And Brown put LA on 1-0 lead.
The quicker everyone forgets about the possibility of us having two top five picks the better. LA and NYR are good teams. I'd bet both are first round playoff exits, which is about as good as we can hope for. I hate LA as much as anyone and the Carter grudge is still strong, but these guys didn't forget to play hockey.

alphafox is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.