HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Development Camp Day 5

Old
07-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Habs Development Camp Day 5

Well guys,

There's nothing really to report today. It last only 1 hour, 45 minutes of skating drills, lateral movement, 60 meters dash, everything in small groups so it was really though to follow everybody. And they finished the day by just shooting puck in empty nets, slapshots, wrist shots, and everything like that but just enough to see the following:

1- Again it shows that Chipper doesn't have the top speed on some players there and doesn't have the feet agility as well. Though it's only his second day at camp, I can't wait to see how it looks in a scrimmage.

2- Let's say that the slowest guys on the 60 meters dash was Cepek and White today. Fisher is impressive with his long stride, just loves his skating that seems effortless compared to most of the guys.

3- Carle is definately the most natural skater out there, there's guys like that you like their style and he's one of those. Pretty fast lateral movements as well.

4- I guess I went there a lot this week, when I came in, Timmins was on the ice and said hello to me.....Maybe it's time I should apply for a scout job for Quebec.....

5- Goalies made their usual work with Melason with their lateral movement and then 15 minutes later, it was over.....Have no idea where they went, never came back, and didn't see them in the bus afterwards...For the time that I saw him, Price seemed in a better mood today with the coaches and in general....

6- In the last 15 minutes you had a chance to see everyone slapshots and there's a lot of work to be done in that department for pratically everybody except.....Korpikari and O'Byrne. But Korpikari has a clean shot, most of the time on the net and to me I would say a NHL shot already.....Maxwell was praticing some one-timers and it didn't go to well. Though in the end, it was in the net most of the time....But he doesn't have a great shot yet. Paquet has a nice slapshot, so is Gleed. Chipper has a great wrist shot, I would say NHL ready. Same for Kostitsyn.

7- Didn't see much of D'Agostini, White, Stewart and Wyman today.For what I saw they did there business, D'Ago and Wyman had a great lateral exercice. D'Agostini definately the fasters in the 60 m dash.

8- The saviour was there!!!!Mr. Latendresse did show himself on the ice today, mostly working by himself, showed some discomfort with his ankle most of the practice but did have the time to show some great puck handling skills and despite his ankle problem, made some lateral skating exercice that was OK. In the end of the practice, it was funny I think Carle was the shooter and there was a ''Tip'' competition with Aubin and Latendresse. Have the feeling Aubin won, though near the end, Latendresse was eating Aubin alive......Then Fischer was the shooter, and again Tender was a little better in that department.

9- They had a computer on the bench to show guys about their skating technique and how to get it better.

10- From the management that I know of, only Carbo and Timmins were there. The others were some other guys from I don't know where doing the skating exercices.

So that was definatley the dullest day of them all, nothing much to report, I have no idea how I succeeded in writing so much stuff, if I think of something else, I'll let you know.

Can't wait for tomorrow's scrimmage, a full report will come on everybody's desk after the game!!!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:23 AM
SOLR

We thank you big timez!

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:24 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

thanks again for the reports

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Thanks for the report again whitesnake. I wasn't been able to make it out there today or yesterday, so your reports have been much appreciated.

I can't wait to see how D'Ago does in Hamilton this year. Could be one of our most underrated prospects.

Do you know for sure what time the scrimmage is at tomorrow? If it's in the morning as the development sessions have been, I can't make it . But if it starts a little later, I'll certainly be there.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:29 AM
KaptainKourage*

Thanx !
Funny that Timmins recognize you lol

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
Thanks for the report again whitesnake. I wasn't been able to make it out there today or yesterday, so your reports have been much appreciated.

I can't wait to see how D'Ago does in Hamilton this year. Could be one of our most underrated prospects.

Do you know for sure what time the scrimmage is at tomorrow? If it's in the morning as the development sessions have been, I can't make it . But if it starts a little later, I'll certainly be there.
To be honest I don't have the exact time let's say between 9:00 or 9:30, but I do think it's at 9:00, so for sure it won't start later unfortunately.....

Old
07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
tinyzombies

Thanks Whitesnake!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
BJCOLLINS

much appreciated Whitesnake.

as I read these reports I can't help but remember back to my days as a coach.
There are always players who show exceptional speed and skill during practice but come game time leave you scratching your head. Chipper and White are the kind of players that, come game time, will go out and bust a gut to get "their" puck.

I've seen A Yashin in Kanata and he was the best practice player on the team but when the puck dropped....well you know the rest.

Last edited by BJCOLLINS: 07-14-2006 at 04:35 PM.
BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
thanks again for the reports
Whitesnake for prez

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
To be honest I don't have the exact time let's say between 9:00 or 9:30, but I do think it's at 9:00, so for sure it won't start later unfortunately.....
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll try to figure something out and get down there, but won't be easy for me.

Old
07-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Dr_Hook

THanks for all the reports Whitesnake; I've been eating'em up !!!

I'm thinking of going there myself tomorrow; did they confirm the schedule ? What time does it start and how long is it supposed to last ?

I'd hate to get up at 7:00 am and go there for 40 minutes of scrimmage.

edit: sorry about that; I hadn't refreshed the page before I replied...

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
HABsurde

I will finally be able to attend tomorrow, can wait to see...Whitesnake...and some prospect also i guess...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
I will finally be able to attend tomorrow, can wait to see...Whitesnake...and some prospect also i guess...
Well there will be a lot of people tomorrow so but I'll have my video camera and blue cotton sweater on so I'll see you there.

Old
07-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
what time does the camp start tomorrow?

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Prospector

I was just wondering if there will be names on the jerseys of the players during the scrimmage??

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:38 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Thank you whitey very much appreciated

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
goalchenyuk

Thanks a lot . If you have free time this week-end , could you do the same kind of report , but with the girls of Chez Paré ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Mr. HoCKeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
though near the end, Latendresse was eating Aubin alive......Then Fischer was the shooter, and again Tender was a little better in that department.
It's funny you talk about that. I was on the ice last month with him and his brother and we play that game. He was too strong (or my wrist shot was not!) but he deflected every shot I took.

Mr. HoCKeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:06 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

there is a 26 year old at the NY Islanders dev. camp

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pres...ive.asp?id=963

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
seems intriguing

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
what time does the camp start tomorrow?

It's suppose to begin at 9:00 like it was this week.

Old
07-14-2006, 06:26 PM
KaptainKourage*

do ya know when the mini-tournament start ? with leafs and panthers prospects ?

becuz we're going to kick their butt

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
I was just wondering if there will be names on the jerseys of the players during the scrimmage??
Names and numbers will be on the jerseys tomorrow. I believe the regular jersey, reds vs whites....

Old
07-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post

I know it's been said somewhere, but I don't remember. End of August, beginning of September is my best bet. And even though I don't know their lineup, I really feel that we have the strongest group of guys as far as prospects are concerned. While Ryan White has had his share of problems this week, well I remember seeing Lambert, Urquhart and cie having some kinds of problems as well and didn't do much in games. Well, games should be where White would look better, though let's give him some time.

I think White's problems is more about our 2006 crop of prospects being from good to surprisingly great instead of having an average draft.....It just shows than in his case it will be longer but that he will never make it. He needs to address some problems this year though and become bigger as soon as possible....

But in order to kick those two teams butt, we would need a better showing from Lacasse that I've seen so far.....

Old
07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post

"The 2006 rookie tournament will take place from September 7-11 at Ricoh Coliseum, in Toronto, and will feature the Canadiens, Florida Panthers and the Toronto Maple Leafs."

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5091