HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp Day 5

Old
07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
I know it's been said somewhere, but I don't remember. End of August, beginning of September is my best bet. And even though I don't know their lineup, I really feel that we have the strongest group of guys as far as prospects are concerned. While Ryan White has had his share of problems this week, well I remember seeing Lambert, Urquhart and cie having some kinds of problems as well and didn't do much in games. Well, games should be where White would look better, though let's give him some time.

I think White's problems is more about our 2006 crop of prospects being from good to surprisingly great instead of having an average draft.....It just shows than in his case it will be longer but that he will never make it. He needs to address some problems this year though and become bigger as soon as possible....

But in order to kick those two teams butt, we would need a better showing from Lacasse that I've seen so far.....

Ryan White will make the Canadiens one day due to his personality.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:39 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Awesome!!! I wish I wasn't working...I'm happy that overall...everybody is doin' fine.

So tournament (game) is tommorow? Please keep an eye on D'Ago and Wyman for me.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
Ryan White will make the Canadiens one day due to his personality.
Well like I wrote, if somebody, as of now, less talented as far as pure skills are concerned, can make it one day, it's him based on the reports about him having a great work ethic and gives 200% every single day. I saw that kind of commitment this week but those practises, except today, were so demanding, that again, he had more problems to adapt and give it all each day but you saw that he wanted to do it. They were doing stop and go's today, full speed, and though everybody was dead at the end of their shift, he was dead, 2 or 3 lines before it ended.

But again, I was just giving my opinion on the idea why that camp was made which was a development camp on the skills, which was mainly puck handling and skating abilities with some conditioning as well since those drills were really intense and for 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours every single day. So in those departments, he needs to work on it big time.

But on heart, love of the game, commitment and drive to succeed, well he could give some courses to a lot of NHL'ers!!!!

In the end, before the scrimmage, a great great job overall, tons of intensity, great skills showed and totally pumped about that crop and impressed by this year's picks. Only things missing were Latendresse for a full week, and the presence of guys like Emelin, Valentenko, Heino-Lindberg and Grabovski. That would've been the perfect week.

But I'm truly happy to have witness this so far and reported it to you. Love when posters share those reports, well it was time for me to do it as well.

Had 1 week of vacation this year because it was some changing jobs in-between, and I start this coming Monday, but I was really glad to do it, wasn't work for me at all, it was all pleasure!!!

Yesterday, was interviewed by Diane Sauvé of Radio-Canada on the changes that we've made with the acquisitions and all, I guess she didn't like my responses, they didn't show my beautiful unshaved face.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
Awesome!!! I wish I wasn't working...I'm happy that overall...everybody is doin' fine.

So tournament (game) is tommorow? Please keep an eye on D'Ago and Wyman for me.

I will. Again, you know sometimes you like some players and you don't actually find anything spectacular they're doing but like him anyways (kind of Mr. Little things.... Well Wyman and Gleed are 2 guys like that for me. As strange as it sounds, I probably like better Wyman to Stewart, those kinds play the same type of game, and I like Wyman's ability to skate with the puck at full speed and like his wrister. The guy just looks like he'll be doing something in the near future, I know it's not based on anything, just a gut feeling. But his lack of finish, same for Stewart, could be what will hold them in the future, will see.

Tomorrow, I think the hockey sense will be another factor to add to their performance and I'll check guys like Wyman for sure. As far as D'Ago I'll keep an eye on him, favorite of mine already, I'm sure he'll be good especially at this camp. Was definately one of the best here already.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
I will. Again, you know sometimes you like some players and you don't actually find anything spectacular they're doing but like him anyways (kind of Mr. Little things.... Well Wyman and Gleed are 2 guys like that for me. As strange as it sounds, I probably like better Wyman to Stewart, those kinds play the same type of game, and I like Wyman's ability to skate with the puck at full speed and like his wrister. The guy just looks like he'll be doing something in the near future, I know it's not based on anything, just a gut feeling. But his lack of finish, same for Stewart, could be what will hold them in the future, will see.
I've wondered what we're going to get with Wyman since we drafted him.

During his draft year a league coach said 'Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. ....' That quote is in his profile on the HF Habs prospect pages, by the way.

He obviously hasn't shown that yet, but, is he a late bloomer?

I don't get to see these guys very often, so, I can only go on what I read, but, I've thought that both Wyman & O'Byrne would be future & relatively important members of the Habs. Of course, I tend to think that of most of our picks.

To you Whitesnake & all the others who take the time to share their observations in these reports, the words thank you, don't adequately express how much they are appreciated, but, once again thank you.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:24 AM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
I've wondered what we're going to get with Wyman since we drafted him.

During his draft year a league coach said 'Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. ....' That quote is in his profile on the HF Habs prospect pages, by the way.

He obviously hasn't shown that yet, but, is he a late bloomer?

I don't get to see these guys very often, so, I can only go on what I read, but, I've thought that both Wyman & O'Byrne would be future & relatively important members of the Habs. Of course, I tend to think that of most of our picks.

To you Whitesnake & all the others who take the time to share their observations in these reports, the words thank you, don't adequately express how much they are appreciated, but, once again thank you.
That coach that lauded him was his high school coach. Going from high school to NCAA hockey is quite a step, and Wyman is now entering his junior season. If he's still an average player this season then I'll really start to worry, but so far he has shown steady devlopment in his first two seasons, and I would expect him to be one of the top scorers in his conference this season. He'll get top-line minutes unlike his rookie campaign and most of last season.

This is a huge season for Wyman IMO, and we'll get a better idea of whether or not he has the goods.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
That coach that lauded him was his high school coach. Going from high school to NCAA hockey is quite a step, and Wyman is now entering his junior season. If he's still an average player this season then I'll really start to worry, but so far he has shown steady devlopment in his first two seasons, and I would expect him to be one of the top scorers in his conference this season. He'll get top-line minutes unlike his rookie campaign and most of last season.

This is a huge season for Wyman IMO, and we'll get a better idea of whether or not he has the goods.
It will be interesting to see.

Being the eternal optomist when it comes to Habs prospects, I tend to the think that hidden talent, even if it's seen at the high school level, will find it's way to the surface eventually in a Habs uniform.

I've been wrong on more than one occasion.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
albertonhabsfan

Whitesnake, Great for you to be so close, I live in Eastern Canada (Prince Edward Island) and have Never seen our habs play!! Maybe this year if i can afford the trip!!! Thanks for the updates!!

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote