HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
He would be a complete waste on wing. It'd be like putting Bergeron or Kesler on the wing.
So do we move Turris to the wing or do we put either RoR or Turris as third line centre?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
HSF

Quote:
Ok thanks for the tips Murray.
you are right ottawa will consider moving their best winger for ROR a player who is holding out and who is a center most likely a 2nd line center....

my god is this kid gettign overrated he had ONE good season yes but ottawa would just be opening another hole by trading michalek.

the whole point of the deal would be to get help now and thus trading a more raw player like Zibby or other prospects.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
you are right ottawa will consider moving their best winger for ROR a player who is holding out and who is a center most likely a 2nd line center....

my god is this kid gettign overrated he had ONE good season yes but ottawa would just be opening another hole by trading michalek.

the whole point of the deal would be to get help now and thus trading a more raw player like Zibby or other prospects.
Just quoting a guy who has obviously never watched ROR play hockey.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
So do we move Turris to the wing or do we put either RoR or Turris as third line centre?
If we got ROR, I would try Turris on Spezza's wing.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
That is your opinion, obviously Sherman doesn't necessarily agree.

I realize ROR is the latest and greatest, but somehow a player named Landeskog probably had a little to do with RORs success.
The opposite.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
ROR is an elite 2nd line center right now. It wasn't just 1 good season. It was a breakout season. 55 points at 21 while playing against the best.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
We could use a playmaing winger though. At this point we only have Stone and possibly Hoffman in the system that fits that role. I don't know how well RoR can play on the wing but he could possibly fill that playmaking winger role when Alfie retires.
Yes the Sens could, however I have no idea if ROR could make the transition to the wing in a top six capacity.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
If we got ROR, I would try Turris on Spezza's wing.
It would be interesting to see how Turris does on the wing. I haven't seen RoR play, which prospects would work best on his wing? Stone? Zibanjead? Silfverberg? Hoffman? Noesen?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Gil Gunderson

Interesting how the past few Cup winners/finalists had an elite/high-tier shut-down centre play a vital role.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Given Cowen is done for the year with another season ending injury, how much would the Avs realistically need to add to O'Reilly, if they asked for Silfverberg and Cowen?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
It would be interesting to see how Turris does on the wing. I haven't seen RoR play, which prospects would work best on his wing? Stone? Zibanjead? Silfverberg? Hoffman? Noesen?
Anyone...he's pretty adaptable. Obviously he has chemistry with Landeskog who is a great guy around the net and strong on the boards. Someone like Michalek would play really well with ROR and if Greening can play like he has been lately he would look really good with ROR as well.

Turris has played the wing before and he looked good doing it. He has the attributes to be a good winger in the mold of a Semin (but he will be looked on more favorably since he isn't Russian). Obviously players like Stone and Noesen would probably look really good with him when they hit the NHL, too.

Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Michalek - ROR - Regin

That would be a pretty solid top 6 right now, and when Spezza gets back it gets stronger. Speculation and all that though.

When Spezza got back it gets a bit trickier, but way more awesome.

Michalek - Spezza - Turris
Silfverberg - ROR - Alfredsson

That said it doesn't sound like Murray is going to part with any young guys and there doesn't seem to be a move coming any time soon (which sucks, because having ROR would significantly increase our playoff chances).

Old
02-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Given Cowen is done for the year with another season ending injury, how much would the Avs realistically need to add to O'Reilly, if they asked for Silfverberg and Cowen?
Silfverberg and Cowen aren't for sale to be honest. If that's the asking price then Murray walks away I would imagine.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Johnson. Realistically no interest at all.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

For all of the talk around "Michalek for RoR" in this thread, that's a move I probably do pretty easily "value-wise".

We'd need to find a scoring winger in the offseason, though.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
HavlatMach9

I don't think we'd do Cowen for ROR straight up.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Silfverberg and Cowen aren't for sale to be honest. If that's the asking price then Murray walks away I would imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Fair enough. Figured there would be some concern with Cowen's end product, after missing another lengthy period of development.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
The opposite.
Wrong, again. Landeskog was better than Ror. Landeskog is the straw that stirs the drink and was easily the Avs best player last year. Hence the captaincy

Old
02-22-2013, 08:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Cowen will be better than Johnson down the road

Old
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Wrong, again. Landeskog was better than Ror. Landeskog is the straw that stirs and was easily the Avs best player last year. Hence the captaincy
That's the chicken and the egg argument. Was Landy good because he played with ROR, or was ROR good because he played with Landy. No one knows.

I think they both played well because they're both good players. O'Reilly is a heck of a center, and would add a lot to your, or most any team.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
For all of the talk around "Michalek for RoR" in this thread, that's a move I probably do pretty easily "value-wise".

We'd need to find a scoring winger in the offseason, though.
I would target Corey Perry and David Clarkson in the off season. Clarkson will likely re-sign in NJ but if not he would look great in Ottawa.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
That's the chicken and the egg argument. Was Landy good because he played with ROR, or was ROR good because he played with Landy. No one knows.

I think they both played well because they're both good players. O'Reilly is a heck of a center, and would add a lot to your, or most any team.
I don't have nearly as much insight as you do, but from the games that I watched of the Avs last year (and the 2 I watched this year before Lando went down) it seemed to me that ROR was the catalyst on that line. Landeskog is a great player and creates a lot of space, he's great around the net and a great leader (obviously amazing defensively and creates a lot of energy). I find that ROR is the one that really made the line tick though -- he made every player that he played with better when I watched whether it was passes, helping out in coverage, working hard to create opportunities, etc.

I think they both complement eachother very well, but Lando didn't look as effective this year without ROR by his side. I know it was a small sample size though.

Thanks for at least putting Mandy in his place...he tends to spout off a lot with hyperbole and acts like he's omniscient.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Steve Downie has become a really underrated player.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I don't see too much of a downside for having 3 good centers. Realistically, if we were to run ROR as the 3c, he could still get a boatload of playing time.

1st line - 20 minutes
2nd - ~15 minutes
3rd - ~ 15 minutes
4th - 9 minutes or less

Then you only have to play Turris out of position on the powerplay. He could line up next to ROR or Spezza.

Put ROR on pk 1, Obrien or Smith on pk 2. ROR as pp C 2.

Bam.. That's 18-20 minutes for ROR. As long as we don't pay him like a 1st line center, or trade the value of a 1st liner, its perfectly fine playing time wise.

His production might drop to about 40-50 points without supreme powerplay time, but thats still great as long as we don't pay too much.

If we do get him, and Melnyk opens his check book for a good winger / defenseman in the off-season and Alfie comes back = contender

Old
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
I would not trade Cowen for OReilly. I know you wouldnt do it from your end either, but yeah... Cowen could end up being a 24 minute guy for us... more if we didn't play Karlsson 28 mins a game. OReilly would rarely see more than 18. Given our center depth and our overall organizational depth at fwd, I wouldnt trade Cowen for anyone besides a legitimate star or in a package for a better DMan.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:

Lando played better than Ror

Closed Thread