HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN Future Watch 2013 (Habs top 10 prospect list...Ranked B - 13th overall)

Old
02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 178
Jeez, this Schultz kid is getting MASSIVELY overrated!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would anyone of you take Holland or Bournival before Kristo? If Yes why?
I could see an argument for Bournival, I'm pretty confident he will make the NHL - only as a grinder perhaps but the type who will probably be a fan favourite in a few years. Kristo has a much higher ceiling sure but I can see why a guy who projects as a depth scorer with questions could be underrated. No way should he be behind Holland, though, and I'm a Holland fan.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:28 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Not me....unless they know something about Kristo I don't.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
I would for sure take Bournival before him. Bournival is one of my favourite prospects and has been since shortly after trading for him.

I'm not sure Kristo would fit into this team right now. Admittedly, I've only seen him play 7 or 8 times, but he seems to me more like a Andrei Kostitsyn-type player.

Bournival on the other hand is everything we thought Kyle Chipchura was going to be.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Jeez, this Schultz kid is getting MASSIVELY overrated!!!
You do know that these rankings are compiled from 15 separate opinions?
So you'd have to know a lot about Schultz, to find him overrated. Okay,
maybe you do. But massively?
What is it about Schultz you disagree on? I haven't had a chance to see
him play.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I get that but it's still the what have you done for me lately syndrome. Leblanc played in the NHL last year and was effective at 20 Y/O. He was on pace for 10 goals and 10 assist with 10 minutes of play at ES only. He showed he was effective and he got injured this year. Management is selling him short, just like the fans. He's not playing well (Well he picked it up the last 5 games.) but it's not the first time this happens... Heh Max?

And you can look at all the stats that favors him (While I don't like doing that I think that when the majority go in favor it must mean something)
+3, 9GVA/15 TKA 68 hits(in 4X games.)

The game where he played the most, against Florida(17 minutes) he had a whopping 4 shots and 1 goal.

Is it really ? Most of the ahl is full of kids 21-25 trying to take it to the next level and who will probably succeed and some veteran who will never have a shot at it and the SEL is full of the latter.
I don't know what to make of the Leblanc situation. He hasn't had an easy development path. 5 leagues, including the world's best, in 4 years, which implies different teammates, coaches, systems and parts of the world one calls home, at least temporarily. Then you have injuries in places, like ankle and shoulder, that take long time to heal but slow you down as one tries to play through them.

Anyway, I haven't given up on him as a prospect. Just hope that he puts together a good rest of season in Hamilton and go from there.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I'm not sure Kristo would fit into this team right now. Admittedly, I've only seen him play 7 or 8 times, but he seems to me more like a Andrei Kostitsyn-type player.
Kristo is not like Kostitsyn as Kristo's game is all about his great speed and hands. He shoots a ton but his passing game is top notch, he can really dish the puck and at high speed. His defensive game is ok but at times the effort isn't there. Kristo covers so ground so quickly that it really helps him as he can hit top gear very quickly and wants the puck in the offensive zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Holland is going to surprise some people
Perhaps but he's going to have to get a lot stronger imo, great passer and vision but he struggles when teams are physical with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Straight blow to my face when I say Leblanc is a top 3 prospect in our organisation.

This screams: he wont get a chance. I hope they get it together... How are Holland, Bournival and to a certain point collberg/hudon considered better prospects than him... Collberg is not having a good year like Leblanc, Hudon slowed down quite a bit, Bournival is playing great but I don't see him as a superior player at the same level... I think the ''what have you done for me lately'' syndrome is high.
I don't think it screams he won't get a chance, he's had one good year and so far on bad year as a pro but as a 1st round pick he'll get more chances as he still has all of next year and then the following camp to make a better impression before management has to worry about waivers.

Not sure why your expectations were with Collberg but to me he's having a solid season although i haven't seen him play in the SEL other then clips of highlights but everything i've seen and heard gives me the impression things are going well enough for him. His speed and hands are impressive, I think he's easily one of our top prospects and if you don't count Gally and Gallagher as prospects then he should be in the running for our top prospect imo as I think his upside is a top line winger.

Hudon did hit a bump in the road but he has 9 pts in his last 3 games. The 5 game drought must have been tough for him but to me I think it's a good thing as he still has another year of junior so scoring all the time while great to see may lead to bad habbits but even if not I find that it's good for prospects to go through slumps as they go through the various levels of development. When they go through slumps, it's good to see how they respond and I like the way Hudon has responded. I am a big fan of Hudon so at this point i'd have him over Leblanc despite my concerns over his lack of size/strength, Hudon looks quicker and a better skater then Leblanc and seems to be more skilled but also moving his feet all the time. Great motor on him as well as being creative with the puck.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
You do know that these rankings are compiled from 15 separate opinions?
So you'd have to know a lot about Schultz, to find him overrated. Okay,
maybe you do. But massively?
What is it about Schultz you disagree on? I haven't had a chance to see
him play.
He's good on the PP but that's it... only 1 ES pt so far this season.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good prospect but to have him ranked second in the NHL (ahead of Galchenyuk or Hamilton) is ridiculous.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Canadiens93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
He's good on the PP but that's it... only 1 ES pt so far this season.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good prospect but to have him ranked second in the NHL (ahead of Galchenyuk or Hamilton) is ridiculous.
I agree. Although I think Schultz will be a very good pro and a offensive catalyst, he has a ton of work to do on his defensive game. I can't think of too many high end propsects that wouldn't have racked up points playing on the back end of an Oklahoma team that had the likes of Eberle, Hall, and Nugent Hopkins on the powerplay. At 22 years old I just don't think he's worthy of the #2 spot.

Canadiens93 is offline   Reply With Quote