HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
What would it take from the Blues? I don't think we have a match, but I'm interested to see what Avs fans think.
Good roster player + Jaden Schwartz, in my opinion. The Avs could add a pick or prospect depending on who comes back as the roster player.

Blues may prefer to keep their guys instead but I know that's what I'm asking for if I'm the Avs.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Is Buffalo really that thin at wing in the future? Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Foligno, Ott, with Armia and Girgensons on the way.

Buffalo has to give to get. If I'm Sherman, my asking price center piece is Grigorenko or Armia. Richards got Philly Schenn, Simmonds, and a 2nd. Grigorenko, a prospect defenseman, and a pick gets it done. Armia, Sekera, and a pick gets it done too. I'd rather do the Grigorenko deal, FWIW.
Sekera+Armia/Girgensons is still my favorite base for a trade in all the ones I've read from the different threads. Based on probable return and meeting needs as well as the amount of pieces involved.
Would love a bigger deal for Ennis/Foligno + Sekera with Col sending ROR+ back, but often simplicity is best.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
What would it take from the Blues? I don't think we have a match, but I'm interested to see what Avs fans think.
Blues don't have any great D prospects.

I'd say a reliable roster player like Oshie + a bit, maybe a 1st if it's a mid-round.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
What is Colorado actually looking for? Not Colorado fans, but the team, are there any rumors about what the team itself wants? I hope they aren't expecting a top line player for him, if he was signed he might get that, but he's not, so he won't.
There are never credible rumors. Avs don't let anything out.

As has mentioned before, this deal is likely an out of nowhere trade.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Sekera+Armia/Girgensons is still my favorite base for a trade in all the ones I've read from the different threads. Based on probable return and meeting needs as well as the amount of pieces involved.
Would love a bigger deal for Ennis/Foligno + Sekera with Col sending ROR+ back, but often simplicity is best.
For me, I'd love for Sherman to accept Grigorenko, Gauthier-Leduc, and a 2nd. That's a comparable deal for what Philly got for Richards.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

With the recent injuries to Enstrom(week to week) and Redmond (season) I don't think the Jets are in contention unless the trade involves mostly draft picks.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post

I'd say a reliable roster player like Oshie + a bit, maybe a 1st if it's a mid-round.
Ian Cole?
Roman Polak?

These guys plus Schwartz would be a good return.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
If we think Mika will be Ovechkin lite/Kesler and Zack Smith be Fisher lite... We probably shouldnt deal them both unless we are getting "Sidney Crosby lite"

Im all for getting O'Reilly... But I dont think Id be willing to give up both of those guys... If we had a greater need at #2 C.... Then yes... But with Spezza/Turris... Im not sure...

Are the Avs looking for quality or quantity? 1-2 grade A pieces or 3-4 B pieces?
Ok....maybe I was exaggerating a little with Mika, or Zack. Mika is a really interesting player that has a lot of potential. He's raw. For Zack, he has decent offensive potential. But that's only it, potential.

Anyways, I think a deal with Zibanejad, and with 2 other pieces do it. It's a hockey trade for Ottawa more in the short term and Colorado more in the long term. Anyways, both team are going to receive NHL players, not prospects in CHL, SEL, AHL.

And, if ROR gets to Ottawa, do we move Turris to the wing so he can snipe?

Old
02-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Cujomi
Show your fury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Anyways, I think a deal with Zibanejad, and with 2 other pieces do it. It's a hockey trade for Ottawa more in the short term and Colorado more in the long term.
I think if Zibanejad is part of the deal, which I'm not convinced anymore that Ottawa would be willing to part with, it is still a deal that works for both teams in the short term and long term. O'Reilly is only 22 years old and has a bunch of upside. We're fine on defence if we have to move someone like Wierchioch (especially with Cowen coming back next year, Ceci developing and the depth we've shown this year on the blueline).

Quote:
And, if ROR gets to Ottawa, do we move Turris to the wing so he can snipe?
It wouldn't be something we'd need to address any time soon with Spezza out. It would give us depth down the middle to survive injuries though and I would assume that Turris would move to the wing with everyone healthy, but who knows.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
This is becoming a joke...
that goes on and on.

"What do you call your act? The Aristocrats er Avalanche!"

Old
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
bobbyflex

Kessel, Gardiner + 1st

ROR has intagibles. INTAGIBLES i tell you

Old
02-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Do Make Say Think

vCash: 144
RoR hasn't been traded yet because Sherman is asking for too much, it's that simple.

No one is going to trade 2 players and a pick for a kid who just pulled off what he did, nobody.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
For me, I'd love for Sherman to accept Grigorenko, Gauthier-Leduc, and a 2nd. That's a comparable deal for what Philly got for Richards.
I wouldn't trade Grigorenko straight up. Grigs is the most untouchable Sabre in the system. RoR is very good but you don't trade a guy like Grigs who if he pans out will end up a 80-90 point center. Those are worth much more then 2 way 50-60 point centers. Kind of like comparing Joe Thornton to Mike Richards, I'll take Thornton and his far superior offense to Richards great two way play and 65 points.

It looks like a few Avs fans would take Sekera, Armia and Pysyk for RoR and a few Sabre fans thinks its too much. I would much rather give up those 3 then even think about trading guys like Grigs, Girgs, Foligno or Ennis. I also am not as high on Armia as most fans are. But I think it's still a very fair deal for both teams, Sekera would instantly improve Colorados defense, and Pysyk and Armia are potential top 4 dman and #1 winger, and both were recent 1st round picks (2010 and 2011)

Old
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
RoR is very good but you don't trade a guy like Grigs who if he pans out will end up a 80-90 point center.
I hate to say it, but that would put Grigs in the top 5 in scoring last year, if the Avalanche would accept a package of Grigs for O'Reilly that would be a steal for Buffalo, because you already have a 50 point center, that you know can put up points. Grigs may pan out to score 70 or he may score 40, no one really knows.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I wouldn't trade Grigorenko straight up. Grigs is the most untouchable Sabre in the system. RoR is very good but you don't trade a guy like Grigs who if he pans out will end up a 80-90 point center. Those are worth much more then 2 way 50-60 point centers. Kind of like comparing Joe Thornton to Mike Richards, I'll take Thornton and his far superior offense to Richards great two way play and 65 points.

It looks like a few Avs fans would take Sekera, Armia and Pysyk for RoR and a few Sabre fans thinks its too much. I would much rather give up those 3 then even think about trading guys like Grigs, Girgs, Foligno or Ennis. I also am not as high on Armia as most fans are. But I think it's still a very fair deal for both teams, Sekera would instantly improve Colorados defense, and Pysyk and Armia are potential top 4 dman and #1 winger, and both were recent 1st round picks (2010 and 2011)
I make the trade I suggested because Grigorenko is far from a lock to be a top five scoring center.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
ROR =/= Mike Richards.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Petes2424

If any of these crazy offers were actually made, O'Reilly would be wearing another uniform by now. I've heard they asked Buffalo for Myers and Buffalo said not happening. It's the only name I've heard and Buffalo was absolutely correct in doing so.

Now, that's not to say the Leafs havent offered Gardiner and they've been rebuffed by Colorado also.

This will all come to a conclusion pretty quick. Florida still makes the most sense but Buffalo desperately needs to do something up the middle and they have assets to move.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
zeus3007*

Before the season started, I would have offered Gagner and Pajaarvi. Now, I wouldn't offer Gagner, he's been amazing. Pajaarvi and something else...not sure what else. Maybe a conditional first (Oilers option on year over the next two or three years or something). I don't see a deal happening until Colorado lowers their asking price. I don't understand why they won't pay him as a first line player, but are looking for the return a first line player would bring back in trade. He either is, or isn't, a first liner, Colorado needs to figure it out.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Before the season started, I would have offered Gagner and Pajaarvi. Now, I wouldn't offer Gagner, he's been amazing. Pajaarvi and something else...not sure what else. Maybe a conditional first (Oilers option on year over the next two or three years or something). I don't see a deal happening until Colorado lowers their asking price. I don't understand why they won't pay him as a first line player, but are looking for the return a first line player would bring back in trade. He either is, or isn't, a first liner, Colorado needs to figure it out.
Yeah it's that simple... lol

One, they have leverage over him and believe in bridge deals during RFA years. Two, he does need to prove he can sustain and/or improve on his current level of play before being given a long term deal.

Other teams may be willing to take the risk, Colorado is being more conservative. Especially with all the young talent who will need raises soon besides O'Reilly.

A lot of people believe he might sign a shorter term bridge deal with a team who has less depth at Center than Colorado, in other words where he would have a clear cut top 6 center position. So that he has the opportunity to prove his worth as well.

All of this has been said before...

Old
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
SEALBound

Niskanen+Kennedy+Maatta+2nd/1st if Penguins make it to Finals.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post

Oshie + a first

Going to say it again ROR might be the most over-rated player ever on these boards.

Just wondering, is that you Mr. O'Reilly?

Old
02-22-2013, 09:00 PM
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Ian Cole?
Roman Polak?

These guys plus Schwartz would be a good return.
Hakanpaa is no slouch either

Old
02-22-2013, 09:12 PM
wunderpanda
Bandwagon Habs Fan

Quote:
I make the trade I suggested because Grigorenko is far from a lock to be a top five scoring center.
Not Grigorenko.

Take Ennis and Stafford, or Foligno or Gerbe, take all 4, but not Grigs. He isn't a 3rd line 2 way centre or a winger anyway.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:39 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Oshie + a first

Going to say it again ROR might be the most over-rated player ever on these boards.
Kind of ironic coming from a Leafs fan.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Tinordi + Eller/Borque for ROR + RoB/SoB
or
Tinordi + Moen (+?)for ROR

Base ideas. probably need to +/- to get value correct
Tinordi wont be a top 4....Eller is a third at best...moen 4th line player

Are you sure that your tv is on when you are watching hockey????

Extremelly bad trade proposals.....

Closed Thread